• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
43401725.jpg

don't mess with annie

Jeff-DSA

That's probably because they think they're winning more games than they're losing.

Well, I do win more than I lose. I don't really care if you want to lump in numbers from a few months ago, because that's totally irrelevant to today, but whatever.

Blizzard

Banned
Is it ever worth building BOTRK on Fiora? I've seen a few times when people start building huge amounts HP, like Frozen Mallet, and with only the occasional crit it takes a long time to damage through that even with armor penetration.

I wasn't sure if the BOTRK could help for the HP damage.

Jeff-DSA

Is it ever worth building BOTRK on Fiora? I've seen a few times when people start building huge amounts HP, like Frozen Mallet, and with only the occasional crit it takes a long time to damage through that even with armor penetration.

I wasn't sure if the BOTRK could help for the HP damage.

I don't think it would be as good as her core of Hydra/Youmuu's/Last Whisper/Bloodthirster/Boots with either a Black Cleaver or Guardian Angel.

Subtle

Well, I do win more than I lose. I don't really care if you want to lump in numbers from a few months ago, because that's totally irrelevant to today, but whatever.

If you win more than you lose why are you complaining about your team? You "consistently" show you're better and carry, according to you. With that "70% win rate" by your side it's only a matter of time before you get out of Bronze and get to Silver. If you got the statistics by your side, you will come out ahead.

jerd

Basically the point is you're not going to get much pity around here for not being able to carry bad teammates. If you consistently play significantly better than everyone around you, you will climb. That's the system. Many around here started out in bronze too, so we have been where you are. Ultimately, self-evaluation is the key to climbing.

elo hell exists only in your mind

you're not as good as you think you are

thats ok

just focus on improving and less on your teammates and youll get out in no time

this is true of like every game

Jeff-DSA

Basically the point is you're not going to get much pity around here for not being able to carry bad teammates. If you consistently play significantly better than everyone around you, you will climb. That's the system. Many around here started out in bronze too, so we have been where you are. Ultimately, self-evaluation is the key to climbing.

Oh, I know. I'm climbing now. I sort of told my story here a few times. I was silver 3 (in promos for silver 2) not all that long ago and then I started playing support and got my MMR all upside down. Even when I started winning more than losing, I was getting like 7 LP per win and losing LP in the 20s for a long time, but managed to win at a rate to keep myself from dropping below Bronze 2 until my LP shifted to 20s for a win, about 14 per loss.

I'm fine now. I don't know how we got here when I was just asking about the Annie/Tibbers thing. When I said it was dumb, I meant it. It was dumb how people kept rushing into it. Then people started piling on like I was saying it was impossible to carry. Well, yes, in THAT instance it's impossible to carry. I wasn't talking about overall. But you have to admit that certain instances are impossible to carry your team, like if you have AFK teammates or rage quitters. Like, there's nothing you can do.

That's all I was saying. I didn't mean it in a more general sense.

Fracas

#fuckonami
This is what I've started doing. I mean, I try to fill (aside from taking support) when I can tell that certain people are downright scared of taking certain roles. My priority is to grab mid or adc (my highest win rates by far), but I'm not going to instalock a champ in select if two dudes below are saying that they absolutely can't play top or jungle. I don't like putting teammates on tilt right from the get go.

But like I said, I should promote tonight. I'm getting 24 LP per win now, so even if I miss this promo (again), I'll be back in it the next day.

As someone who's also in bronze (granted, I haven't played ranked in a while now, but still): fuck your teammates. This is the lowest skill bracket there is, everyone sucks at everything. If you honestly believe you don't belong in bronze and that your teammates are garbage, take the role you want as soon as you can pick and hard carry every game. Obviously don't be toxic about it, but if you want to win in the lowest of low elos, take your best role and champ and run with it.

zkylon

zkylewd
Oh, I know. I'm climbing now. I sort of told my story here a few times. I was silver 3 (in promos for silver 2) not all that long ago and then I started playing support and got my MMR all upside down. Even when I started winning more than losing, I was getting like 7 LP per win and losing LP in the 20s for a long time, but managed to win at a rate to keep myself from dropping below Bronze 2 until my LP shifted to 20s for a win, about 14 per loss.

I'm fine now. I don't know how we got here when I was just asking about the Annie/Tibbers thing. When I said it was dumb, I meant it. It was dumb how people kept rushing into it. Then people started piling on like I was saying it was impossible to carry. Well, yes, in THAT instance it's impossible to carry. I wasn't talking about overall. But you have to admit that certain instances are impossible to carry your team, like if you have AFK teammates or rage quitters. Like, there's nothing you can do.

That's all I was saying. I didn't mean it in a more general sense.
now u know

don't mess with ani

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
There are too many Yasuos at the moment, I can't wait until he's off the free week.

after going 15/2/12 on Ashe, getting 2 triple kills and 1 quadra kill, I've concluded that I just can't play her very much.

I ended with only 178cs in 37 minutes in large part because cs'ing with her bored me to fucking tears. I just didn't have the enthusiasm to hit creeps with her. I love the setup her ult provides teams with low initiation potential, though. I hit all but 2 ults and they all mattered. I also really like how her Q's slow means you pretty much have to fight her if you let yourself get in range. I'll continue to play her sparingly, I think.

after going 15/2/12 on Ashe, getting 2 triple kills and 1 quadra kill, I've concluded that I just can't play her very much.

I ended with only 178cs in 37 minutes in large part because cs'ing with her bored me to fucking tears. I just didn't have the enthusiasm to hit creeps with her. I love the setup her ult provides teams with low initiation potential, though. I hit all but 2 ults and they all mattered. I also really like how her Q's slow means you pretty much have to fight her if you let yourself get in range. I'll continue to play her sparingly, I think.

image.php

zkylon

zkylewd
Pick Malz, make him cry.
i use lizzy myself for that

like targetted 1.5s stun plus you can stack another 1.5s with w, dude can't do anything

i also like her specially cos you can go zhonyas a part of your buildpath and get tankier against him or just dfg first if you're blowing him up before he's even a factor

try maybe varus?

his kit is really fun and similar to ashe's in utility plus his auto animation is fucking delicious

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
If you really think its just your teammates keeping you down, record your games using open broadcast software and post the videos. You'll find out real quick where you are messing up.

Cindres

From now on I'm going to start looking for advice for every shitty game I have, that was one of the most infuriating games I ever played, this shit is why I play this game in spells.

I was Caitlyn with Lulu against Morgana and Vayne, I just had no idea what to do, usual pokiness was countered by Morg stun+Vayne rolling in, I felt completely locked out. What am I meant to do in this situation?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
From now on I'm going to start looking for advice for every shitty game I have, that was one of the most infuriating games I ever played, this shit is why I play this game in spells.

I was Caitlyn with Lulu against Morgana and Vayne, I just had no idea what to do, usual pokiness was countered by Morg stun+Vayne rolling in, I felt completely locked out. What am I meant to do in this situation?
Don't get hit by Morgana's bind.

won the dumbest game lol

they had double smite but we had nunu and karthus. but they did the dumbest base stay ever and let us near ace them until only soraka was left. oh well, back in s2.

Cindres

Don't get hit by Morgana's bind.

That seemed much easier said than done, if I wanted to get anywhere near close just to last hit that thing was coming at me and there was never enough time to get out of the way. The least I guess I could hide behind minions?

That seemed much easier said than done, if I wanted to get anywhere near close just to last hit that thing was coming at me and there was never enough time to get out of the way. The least I guess I could hide behind minions?
cs behind minions and ward brush. i never see anyone do the latter despite playing against champs like thresh/blitz/morg.

zkylon

zkylewd

any morg lane is a really hard lane but you have to do the usual, stay behind minions to get cover from morg snare and don't get too close to walls so you don't get condemned by vayne

other than that you had a good 2v2 against theirs, like tons of poke against vayne is what you want (what do u mean countered? just hit your passive crits on her when she tries to cs), just don't get hit by the bind. have good brush control with traps and trinket and watch out when morg walks towards you to get the point-blank snare as that usually means you're getting ganked

like seriously

dodge the fucking snare

edit: stay behind minions and watch out when they die, don't be silly and get caught. she's prolly gonna go for lulu more than you as lulu is gonna be dancing around in the brushes. that's up to lulu and not much you can do, she should be smart and ward enemy brush and just move around a lot and be difficult to hit.

now when morg misses her bind go ham and seriously shit on them, specially on vayne. there's like literally nothing morgana can do now, you have 650 range plus a 1150 range q, lulu speed up and shield, everything. just chunk her real bad and keep farming. focus vayne cos she's not gonna have as many pots or defensive rune/masteries and morgana's useless for her right now. you might get chunked a bit too but you have lulu for shields so next time vayne wants to cs you shoot her and now she's really low and can't afford to while whatever damage you received was blocked by lulu shield

if vayne backs you should also back and get like another dorans+longsword or something. get a couple health pots. like seriously abuse her shitty range

pigeon

Banned

Catitlyn can poke through minions, Morgana can't. Vayne has a terrible early matchup with Caitlyn if she gets harassed, so Morgana is going to know going in she needs to push Cait really hard to allow Vayne to scale. So you know Morg is going to go aggro and you can plan to ward the side bushes, keep behind minions, and generally worry more about Morgana than Vayne (who basically can't harass you even if she wanted to).

What did Lulu do?

Just played a quick game as zac. All my lanes crushed so they surrendered early and I didnt have much of a chance to get going, so tbh I don't have any real feelings on new golem right now.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Didn't you watch the Fizz as jungler game I played? That was a match that was 100% impossible to do anything about. He only came to lane to die and spent a lot of time just standing in place. Bot lane and mid were feeding hard too. There are certainly times when you have zero impact on a match no matter what level you're playing at. The Annie/Tibbers match was one of those times.

yes, i did watch that game.

you got your two kills early only because garen towerdived you twice. you weren't really winning lane on personal merit. even then you traded deaths and then went on to die roughly as much as the rest of your team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom