• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newt

I agree with this except for the MF build. I guess I'll try it out, but it seems weird to me.
kAodGGp.png

I'm wondering about the viability of triforce on xin as an offensive item instead of bork. I built it when going double bruiser bot in normals and the burst is pretty insane.

Newt

Honest question. Why not GA? or is it very situational?
GA is still good if they got some high burst assassin. Randuins is better if they have like a Renekton or something. GA is pretty much always the best item super late game, but Randuins is better mid game. QSS is really situational, only build it if they have like Amumu, Malz, WW, Syndra etc. BV is the least situational, it's almost always good if they have some heavy magic dmg.
Is this Fabbbbys guide? Or Gosus? Saw one of these on reddit. Wanted to check it out when I was actually home.
Damn, reading is hard.

DeadNames

Banned
Im convinced ADC players are delusional. I don't get how they can think ADC is weak when they can crit for 700 with long ass range with virtually no cool down.

zkylon

zkylewd
Im convinced ADC players are delusional. I don't get how they can think ADC is weak when they can crit for 700 with long ass range with virtually no cool down.

they are delusional

i had that talk on reddit with a diamond whatever lucian main player saying adcs couldn't do anything a month ago

that was during 4.9

adcs are idiots

yeah, those builds are probably just optimal for dmg

like obv for trist and jinx botrk rush is an option.
i kinda hate the bjork rush, makes me feel like i don't do any damage :/

guess it's not ideal for people like me that like to spam spells and run like mana regen blues and buy tons of mana pots

DeadNames

Banned
they are delusional

i had that talk on reddit with a diamond whatever lucian main player saying adcs couldn't do anything a month ago

that was during 4.9

adcs are idiots

ADC is so god damn stupid now. Lel I crit you twice with IE so there goes half your health. Not to mention cancer like Lulu going top and invalidating melees.

There's no reason to play a bruiser top lane when you could play a ranged one.

zkylon

zkylewd
ADC is so god damn stupid now. Lel I crit you twice with IE so there goes half your health. Not to mention cancer like Lulu going top and invalidating melees.

There's no reason to play a bruiser top lane when you could play a ranged one.
nah, i think adcs are on a pretty decent power right now, tho i kinda hate seeing so much tristana. i don't mind caitlyn really but tristana is really a rotten champion

like i dunno, what's the difference between adc damage coming from crits or straight ad? the way the game is since 4.10 is that you actually get more time to shut them down, specially if they're going for ie first, so i don't really see where your complain comes from

lategame, the only thing that's changed is they've gotten 10 more ad (who gives a shit about that, also they've lost 20 from bt) and a bit more attack speed, which matters, but again who cares. they lost for it a decent amount of lifesteal, so i'd say it mostly evens out

as for ranged top laners, this is not lcs, if you're renekton you can shit on any lulu you can find (everyone finds lulu boring in a solo lane anyways so i never ever see her played) and i haven't seen much difference in my experience lately. i think melees still have a place, nothing has really changed imo

DeadNames

Banned
nah, i think adcs are on a pretty decent power right now, tho i kinda hate seeing so much tristana. i don't mind caitlyn really but tristana is really a rotten champion

like i dunno, what's the difference between adc damage coming from crits or straight ad? the way the game is since 4.10 is that you actually get more time to shut them down, specially if they're going for ie first, so i don't really see where your complain comes from

lategame, the only thing that's changed is they've gotten 10 more ad (who gives a shit about that, also they've lost 20 from bt) and a bit more attack speed, which matters, but again who cares. they lost for it a decent amount of lifesteal, so i'd say it mostly evens out

as for ranged top laners, this is not lcs, if you're renekton you can shit on any lulu you can find (everyone finds lulu boring in a solo lane anyways so i never ever see her played) and i haven't seen much difference in my experience lately. i think melees still have a place, nothing has really changed imo

250% crit damage is HUGE, its such a massive power spike its absolutely stupid to play against.

Also lol@ renekton. He's not really top tier anymore IMO you could pick a ranged top laner and shut him down or take tp and outscale.

Newt

I like the MF gosu recommended. Though, I can see it being better when ahead, if behind I would go PD.

I feel like I'm being targeted here.

zkylon

zkylewd
250% crit damage is HUGE, its such a massive power spike its absolutely stupid to play against.
you're being simple, crit is multiplicative damage, buying an ie is not as huge as a power spike as you make it seem.

it's not nearly as shit as doublelift says but rushed ie is way worse than 4.9 stacked bt, specially since it costs A LOT more

it takes about 1k more gold to even get rushed ie and even then more crit damage when you only have 25% crit chance and base attack speed is not all that crazy of a power spike. if you get a vamp scepter instead of two dorans you trade even more early game strength

believe me crits are the least of your problems :/

edit: don't take the last sentence the wrong way btw, i didn't mean it like that :> i'm just saying, your issues with adcs might be just hyperscalers being played more often as a result of bt nerfs, bjork nerfs making catching adcs harder and lebonk+nidalee nerfs really hurting those champions with the damage to shut down adcs in mid-to-lategame. but imo it's definitely not crits

Also lol@ renekton. He's not really top tier anymore IMO you could pick a ranged top laner and shut him down or take tp and outscale.
i don't play top lane but from my second hand experience this just hasn't been the case

i've neither seen many ranged top laners or seen renekton consistently do bad (or jax or shyvanna or trundle for that matter)

edit: i do almost every time i play lizzy top shit on all the melee champions but i feel that's more inexperience with her than anything meta related. i generally win most games i play as her mid too, so u know. also i got shit on hard as new nidalee versus shyvanna top the other day so u know, it's not that easy

I feel like I'm being targeted here.
it's always me me me me with you isn't it :3

typical adc player

CRS

now that i think about it more than anything nidalee and lebonk being nerfed is probably what is making adcs stronger

I think the Nid rework on top of Exhaust getting buffed is what made it better for ADCs. The danger from assassins isn't as great now.

Ferga

You guys post too much obviously.

I think this might be the first time since ot2 where I haven't made the wall of shame. So proud of myself.

Nekofrog

Banned
to be fair, there was a point in time earlier in season 4 where ADCs were in a rough spot, but not because they had changed, but because toplane had changed. If you have a mundo with a gajillion HP and five gajillion armor charging at you with an ult available and that stupid stupid broken passive, you're going to die. idc which adc you are.

this combined with the rise of the super high damage AP mage midlane made it look like ADCs somehow were no longer the stars

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
to be fair, there was a point in time earlier in season 4 where ADCs were in a rough spot, but not because they had changed, but because toplane had changed. If you have a mundo with a gajillion HP and five gajillion armor charging at you with an ult available and that stupid stupid broken passive, you're going to die. idc which adc you are.
I'm ADC Trundle.

Blizzard

Banned
Really sad day. I had a bad game with Fiora in team builder, and then for win of the day wanted to either do a bot game, maybe with Fiora, or an ARAM.

The very first ARAM lobby I got, I got Fiora. I already had the right runes. No one dodged, I got to player her, got 24 kills, yay!

Still lost, did miserable other than the 24 kills. :( Banshees might have helped, stupid me.

CRS

NU15e6p.png

Feels good that I can hold my own with Gold/Plat level players. Had a rough start as Shyvana against a Nid top but eventually became the tank I need to be for the team. Granted I had some Diamond teammates but not feeding and hold my own felt pretty good.

CRS

Acrid changed his, the bastard, so I'll probably change mine soon. Thought it would be funny if we both had em.

i dont get it. are you complaining about it being good or bad

It's pretty stupid. You get pushed out of your lane since her harass and sustain are second to none and her burst with cougar is fucked up. So if she lands a trap or spear on you, you're fucked and can take you from 100 to 0 in an instant.

The pounce reset is even more stupid because if you're near a creep and it dies, her W gets a reset. So diving with her is super easy too.

pigeon

Banned
So when playing ADC, especially Trist, I'm running into a consistent issue. I often win lane phase by quite a bit, both in terms of kills and CS, and end up in a good spot to hyper carry. After one or two team fights, though, the enemy bruisers start aggressively focusing me. I try to jump and flash out, but if they're pushing hard, I end up dying before I can do much.

My last game was a great example -- ended the first teamfight something like 3-1-7, then ended the game 13-9-17 after Singed and Malphite both targeted me every fight and we lost four teamfights in a row. We managed to pull it out because Singed thought he could base race me, but it was harrowing.

I built GA and Scimitar (maybe should've built more armor), and I suspect part of the problem was that we had TF top and Eve jungle, so we didn't have any sort of tank. Is there anything else I can do to try and mitigate this?

Mothman91

So when playing ADC, especially Trist, I'm running into a consistent issue. I often win lane phase by quite a bit, both in terms of kills and CS, and end up in a good spot to hyper carry. After one or two team fights, though, the enemy bruisers start aggressively focusing me. I try to jump and flash out, but if they're pushing hard, I end up dying before I can do much.

My last game was a great example -- ended the first teamfight something like 3-1-7, then ended the game 13-9-17 after Singed and Malphite both targeted me every fight and we lost four teamfights in a row. We managed to pull it out because Singed thought he could base race me, but it was harrowing.

I built GA and Scimitar (maybe should've built more armor), and I suspect part of the problem was that we had TF top and Eve jungle, so we didn't have any sort of tank. Is there anything else I can do to try and mitigate this?
Depending on how they farmed and if they were fed, a Singed/Malphite going after you in team fights is hard for anyone.

Tizoc

@pigeon- What build do/did you make on Tristana?

So in my recent games...I lost all my matches where I didn't use Twitch, but easily won my 2 matches where I did use Twitch.
That rarely happens.

My last match I played before going to bed had me bot with Nami, Top was Shyvana, Jungler was Nocturne and mid was Blitzcrank.

Our Blitz and Nami argued on who to go bot but our Blitz went with Mid anyways, they kept bickering over chat though lol.

Me and Nami wrecked the Mundo+Draven duo on Bot as best we can, but Nocturne and Blitz fed the opposition a couple of times.
Thankfully by the mid to end game our heavy hitters became Shyvana and Blitzcrank. Incidently enough they were an all AD team with 3 tanks, didn't realize that til the end game, and by then I was building towards a Last Whisper (should've made it before Randuin to do some more respectable damage).

Non the less we won, but it was a fun match heh.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

Use your ult duder.

If you see something like Singed/Malphite buy BV earlier.

Leveling up my Lv10 account. 2 Diamonds and 2 LV30s on the other team. Sub 15s on my team, and by all means they're all either legit low levels or Bronze at best.

Best matchmaking ever.

edit: Decided to yoloqueue normals on my main. I've been having an urge to play Akali again. D4 Anivia gave me trouble even a bit after 6 because she just ulted my shroud. Still did well in laning phase though I ended up farming champions instead. They had weirdass builds though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom