• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
yeah lee sin players are the vaynes of the jungle, but when the pro scene is up in arms over the nerf in general, somethings off.

and im saying that when i think lee sin is a bit strong.

rengar rework is on the pbe again

Dangerous Game Mastery buff is just retarded. thats a potential 25% missing HP and mana just for one point

leona mini nerfs im okay with that.

renekton early game rebalance for late game massive wtf (800 hp dominus @ lvl 16)
just nerf him straight up!

Not the point I was making at all. You asked why the shield goes to 14 seconds when used on self, I gave you the reason. If it didn't you could self shield and 7 seconds later disengage. I'd be even more obnoxious to deal with than now.

"Hey we don't like this aspect of his ability, so to nerf one of its use cases we're goign to nerf 80% of its use cases."

10/10, well played Riot, would laugh at shitty attempt at balancing again.

In all seriousness though, this is their poorest attempt at balancing a champion in a long, long time. The uproar backs that up.

drawkcaB

yeah lee sin players are the vaynes of the jungle, but when the pro scene is up in arms over the nerf in general, somethings off.

I disagree. Lots of pros would be more than happy to never see any changes in this game. Having to relearn something, or worse having your particular style of champion be removed from viability (e.g. Snoopeh) can impact your livelihood.

renekton early game rebalance for late game massive wtf (800 hp dominus @ lvl 16)
just nerf him straight up!

Yep. I wish Riot would stop doing nerfs and buffs in the same patch. They just end up with "nerfed" Kha'Zix, Gragas, etc.. I'd rather they just nerf outright and be more on the ball when it came to putting back in some power, maybe even communicate with players, "this is a nerf, here's how we see this champion, here are some possible buff avenues we will pursue if this champion it hit too hard".

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
This is simply false. Ward hopping does not halve the cooldown. Only jumping to an allied champion halves the cooldown. They're also removing the self-shield if he jumps to a ward or minion. So it's now the shittiest version of a Jax Q you could imagine. It's a 14 second, ally targeted jump that only gives you a shield if you cast it on yourself or allied champion. Casting it on a minion or ward means you've used a 14 second cooldown jump with 0 utility or shield. A 14 second cooldown is too long for just shielding yourself. It's a fucking ridiculous change.

They are nerfing the self cast cooldown because of lee's infinite sustain from life steal with his E.

drawkcaB

In all seriousness though, this is their poorest attempt at balancing a champion in a long, long time. The uproar backs that up.

No. The uproar is because a huge amount of players don't feel like having to relearn their champion, and yeah it's justifiable to extent.

We've seen enough instances of champions being reworked, the community getting up in arms because its bad and whoops, nope, turns out the rework is quite OP (Katarina, Kayle, Shen, Olaf, Eve). In every single case, the amount of bitching was proportional to the amount of people who played that champ and not the content of the changes, so when you have the 2nd most played champ in the game get a rework, this is exactly what you'd expect would happen.

Ferga

Where are you guys reading rengar changes??

edit: nvm

Why would they get rid of the MS buff after pressing his ult. It's like the perfect ganking tool.

Burt

Holy shit void Fizz is awesome.

Dat ult mouth.
Where are you guys reading rengar changes??

edit: nvm

Why would they get rid of the MS buff after pressing his ult. It's like the perfect ganking tool.

Bola root buff, I guess. Rather than ensuring that you get there every time to drop your Qs and intstagib the ADC, seems like they're trying to push more players into opening up with the bola to lock the target down. Because that's so much more fun. Can't really be sure though, because those notes are written up so shitty.

Edit: Ah, read the notes on his ult. Seems like they want you to build up 5 ferocity, ult, get stuck short of melee so you have to use the bola, unstealth, close the gap while you build up ferocity again automatically, then drop your Q. Makes sense, considering their problem was his instant 100-0 potential. Lets the carry see you coming before you splat them.

Sucks that you'll have to build up your ferocity before stealthing if you want the 5 ferocity bonus.

No. The uproar is because a huge amount of players don't feel like having to relearn their champion, and yeah it's justifiable to extent.

We've seen enough instances of champions being reworked, the community getting up in arms because its bad and whoops, nope, turns out the rework is quite OP (Katarina, Kayle, Shen, Olaf, Eve). In every single case, the amount of bitching was proportional to the amount of people who played that champ and not the content of the changes, so when you have the 2nd most played champ in the game get a rework, this is exactly what you'd expect would happen.

I'm not a big Lee player but I think the changes are dumb. Because they are dumb, and they're unnecessary.

And at this stage it's not even a rework, it's just a dumpstering of numbers and a poor restructuring of his power. It's not like Olaf or Kat or any of those.

I don't really feel like Lee changes are especially necessary, either, but the privy admonishers of men call for fires in the city. I'm okay with Lee being in the dumps for a while and falling out of favor so that he can be more of a niche pick for diehards and tryhards like Vayne. (Not that he isn't somewhat already.)

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Riot doesn't know what to do with balls, so they just make them water orbs.

To be fair to Zac, it's kind of hard to make an interesting skin for him without throwing all the work on his custom animation tech out the window. Like, the whole champion was built more so the animation engineers could show off some neat stuff they'd made than anything else.

I mean, you could still try to maybe put him in a tuxedo, though. It wouldn't work at all, but do it.

zkylon

zkylewd
its pretty boring thematically, but how can you compare that to purple zac/red issandra

the animation on the expiring orbs is cool
because its not poros or dodgeballs or pillows or dragon balls or any of the fun stuff people had come up with and actually would've liked for syndra

it's fucking water

it's steel legion lux all over again

edit: particles on red lissa are cool too. it's just a shit skin because it's boring as fuck, just like this one is.

DeadNames

Banned
Death to the naysayers that say Riot is lazy!

Rumble/Varus/Fizz/Rengar/Syndra skins, new Malph art, Heimy VU (and more to come), SR VU (VU), etc.

Also, rumble skin is so fucking lame but awesome at the same time.

ALN1031

And I was just wondering whether I wanted to continue with my Rumble-only smurf so I can become a Rumble god at the end. I guess I have my answer.

Death to the naysayers that say Riot is lazy!

Rumble/Varus/Fizz/Rengar/Syndra skins, new Malph art, Heimy VU (and more to come), SR VU (VU), etc.

Also, rumble skin is so fucking lame but awesome at the same time.

They're not lazy.

I'm just waiting for the updates to the splash arts of the skins for: Nidalee, Karma, Sejuani, Trundle, Sivir, and now Heimerdinger. (Anyone else?)

Kenai

yup, that's my exact line of thinking

godspeed you fuckerssss

My bro!

I wish I could have a more objective option about the Lee nerfs, but I'm too busy sipping these tears like an expensive alcoholic beverage.

With this and Kassadin maybe not being a 100% ban anymore I'm quite happy with this patch.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
We dominated the other team in GAF inhouse, the team is too stack

hdTge1N.jpg

Whoa that new Rengar E seems bananas

A 2.5 second, 60%, 900~1000 range-ish slow? Whoa

EDIT - Buffing Dangerous Game? What the fuck Riot, that mastery is already crazy

zkylon

zkylewd
it's cool that rito's nerfing early game champions that are just op because of numbers

like it should be alright having a strong early game, just not an overbearing one

drawkcaB

Gotta try that new Rengar. Hopefully the rework makes him better in the jungle.

Fooling around in PBE in a custom game, I can safely say jungle Rengar is probably worse than before. New Q slaps monsters like a wet noodle and I *think* there may be a delay when using empowered->non-empowered abilities now - hard to say because my connection still sketchy for some reason.

Scruffy strikes again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom