• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Yeah, I dunno. As much as no player should ever have to make a decision like this, I would probably skip someone like Galio in favour of runes. There are a lot of runes to buy.
I would agree but they didn't seem to be asking about them.

Runes are painful. :( The other day I was like

45-i-should-buy-a-boaq0jsr.jpg

I should buy some lifesteal quints. But then I realized it cost as much as an expensive champion...

God I hate laning vs MF/Morgana

Bind and click to damage = 10000000000000000000000000000 to 0 in .5 seconds
I am not sure I have ever found an ADC I feel like I'm doing LESS damage with than Miss Fortune. It is a weird feeling. I feel like even the autoattacks are weak and oddly timed.

I have all the champions and useful runes (
not to brag or anything!!!!
) and still there are runes left. I mean they're the bad runes, but it's hard to figure this information out sometimes. Anyway, I wish I could gift using my vast IP reserves.

zkylon

zkylewd
Its been a while since I played super pop ahri, but hey I survived!.

ahri.png

i appreciate you calling her super pop ahri

) and still there are runes left. I mean they're the bad runes, but it's hard to figure this information out sometimes. Anyway, I wish I could gift using my vast IP reserves.
damn how do you guys do this

i have almost 2k normal games and a couple hundred ranked and arams and i must be at half the roster and missing a bunch of runes and runepages

sure, i don't want to have all the champions but still

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
What a nerd.

damn how do you guys do this

i have almost 2k normal games and a couple hundred ranked and arams and i must be at half the roster and missing a bunch of runes and runepages

sure, i don't want to have all the champions but still
We probably have a similar number of matchmade games, but I've played a ton of custom games too and I think they used to give more IP. I also played a bot wotd almost every day for two years, so even on the days when I wasn't playing, I still got my 150 (+ 30 or whatever for the bot game) and it takes like 15 minutes.

What a nerd.
Hey, you're in the same boat as me.

I wish I were in that tier. My bot games take 20-25 minutes to win, lol.
Play an adc or high mobility AD champion (Lee, KZ, Yasuo), build glass cannon assassin, get Sword of the Occult, rush down towers. You should be dominating them but even if you're not, just push and hit the tower. Bots are totally inept, they have no defence against that.

pigeon

Banned
I like Tristana as a champion, but I perhaps ignorantly think that she sort of needs a warning sign in one particular case. If a Tristana uses a jump offensively to enter any fight ahead of anyone else on her team, instead of saving it for followup or escape, I feel like there should be a giant red "DID YOU USE JUMP OFFENSIVELY AS AD TRISTANA? YOU PROBABLY MESSED UP" sign. There was a Tristana that kept seeming to do that. I admired their spirit but with no results and so much death it was heartbreaking. :(

The everpresent lure of yolo rocket jumping into certain death is all that keeps Tristana balanced.

i'm watching qt's stream and a maokai in his game just gave a four buff start to a rengar

that's not maokai getting his buffs and dying to rengar, that's rengar getting all four buffs when they were up

i don't know how that's even possible.

AcridMeat

Banned
I don't really think Morde or Urgot or Galio are worth getting. I guess Morde and Urgot can be fun, but no one will tell you to get Galio - he's not good or fun.

Cho'Gath and Voli are good (not competitive, but good). Whenever I make a new account, Cho'Gath is one of the first ones I buy. Partly because of his cost but also I just feel like I have a lot of options with him. Like you can go top, mid or jungle and you can build him very tanky, or high damage, or a mix.
I like Galio :(

oops i meant to edit

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Man Brand's so fun. I need to buy him. You can bursts anybody with an easy e-q-w combo and still burn them for 24% health. More people should play him.

You know that feeling when you've just willed some slackers to a win? Just had it. Tried out my swanky new HP and CDR runes and man. This game. Up maybe 11-1, then down 20-27 after losing 3 straight team fights ugly, ya boy says, "fuck this nonsense" and goes split pushing.

Now Jayce isn't Tryndamere to be sure, but he's not far from it either. As another team fight starts, I'm at the river approximately pushing top. Before the team fight ends, I've taken their T3, beat Kayle's ass (only tp to come) and taken their inhib. I then teleport to the survivors of the team fight who are mid by the river and take their mid T3 and inhib. Then I rotate bot while everyone's fighting again and take their last inhib. In a span of about 3 minutes, they go from a very comfortable position to defending 3 lanes of super winions. Which turns into a free Baron and a couple of pickoffs as 2 come to try to contest and get murdered.

In the span of about 4 minutes total starting with that split push, the game goes from being very much in their favor to being a hard loss. I simply refused to let these slackers put a loss on my Jayce. I was working too hard.

Blizzard

Banned
I know they've messed with Pantheon ult timing, but does the slow effect happen BEFORE the visual of him landing and damaging now? I'm almost convinced a couple of different times I have been slowed while in the red circle before Pantheon actually landed.

AcridMeat

Banned
Yeah actually Galio is not that unfun. He's annoying to lane though.

This is always uneven. You need to make me breakfast once.
I remember when I first unlocked him I was pretty drunk (on skype with a group of 5) and went mid with him. I ended up carrying the game because they had teemo mid and was laughing the entire time haha. I haven't played him in SR in a long time though, but he's great in ARAM.

I'll give you a beer if you cook me breakfast.
CRS has that face whre XWX is looking at the snack area at lcs when he's waiting. You got the face when he wins after a win.
iVb1xV6.png

If I had a higher quality version of this I'd still be using it.

zkylon

zkylewd
had a decent night of ranked teams, won 3/5. one of those 5 we got matched against all diamonds and they just beat us pretty hard. the other one we lost we made a shitty invade and all died and enemy tristana started 2 0 2 lol.

i'm enjoying lux so much in these last two patches, no more mikaels is so good

Lost game five of promos...again. *sigh*

dam that's rough

wow so many of my favorites there

RoySFNR

This game can be such a pain. Picked it up again after a little break because all the negativity got to me and the first few games are invested with toxic players and afk'ers. I'm not even at a high enough level to play ranked yet and people still act like every error is taking a year from their life. It's not that I'm bad, I almost always have a positive KD, but all the complaining in the chat is just a pain.

Just now, I had a game as Rengar in the top lane. This is still in the level range where junglers aren't really efficient so we had a duo top as well as the opponent. Well, suddenly some xin zhao who remained silent during champion select has smite and wants to jungle so we move things around and suddenlt my squishy Rengar was up against Jax and Kha'zix (who was a smurf as well..) in top. Needless to say, it turned into a massacre and every single thing that went wrong included a ''OMG SO FED REPORT RENGAR''.

I'm still learning but the environment doesn't offer a chance for that. Does it get better?

Tizoc

Voli is sleeper IMO and Morde is tons of fun.
I really need to get better with Morde, like I have an idea what his laning should be like but when going against their mid, I die =_=

Congrats Seig. I could tell that you were good when me and Rex matched you a while ago and you managed you prevent the worst team possible from losing for like 10 minutes.

Also, for those of you wondering, Kayle is still really good.

Nice build, but I prefer the Korea build, as in team fights I wreck shit like nobody's business. Of course I end up with more assists than kills but that's hey I'm more about winning the game than kill count, tempting as they may be.

I need to write a song about LW third or something

Don't go Shiv after Ghostblade. You pick GB as an alternative to PD and Shiv. So yeah go with the build you posted

Also start Dorans if you don't want to die to aggressive lanes. If you need Cutlass faster, practice your farming. Sword start sucks even more now that lifesteal is harder to get

Got it thanks. Hope Varus is free come Tuesday, want to try Youmuu on him.

Got Eve, who I'm surprised is 1350 IP. Should start learning to Jungle using her.
Probuilds show that Sorcerer's Boots is recommended on her which would benefit her Q since its her main damage dealer.
Far as I can tell Elder Lizard+BoRK her main attack power, and just tank her the eff up. If me and my team push strong, I could build Trinity as a final item if she's able to survive long enough in team fights.

Lulu is an assassin.

STOP REMINDING ME OF JUNGLE AD LULU!

EDIT: Actually maybe a Trinity is worth it on Eve, due to its passives...

TomShoe

Banned
Oh you want to chase and get the kill on Graves

Nope

Eve in the Bush

Hate Spike

100-0

Guardian Angel

Hate Spike again

Broken Mouse

DN, play 5 Nidalee games top today and then report back to us with your opinions, including score boards etc.

After you play her for those 5 games, I can guarantee you will quickly realise she has very real weaknesses.

If you can legitimately convince me that she has virtually no weaknesses whatsoever and that she's practically a free win and unfair, I'll figure out a way to mystery gift you a skin next week when I get paid.

Fair?
You forget you're argueing against someone who genuinely thought that Warwick was overpowered not too long ago. Those knee-jerk reactions are his thing.

I recently got back into League. I'm not the best, but damn, I really love playing as Vel'Koz! Fun abilities, cool design. It's a shame my favorite game type is Dominion. It still seems riddled with bots. I wonder if they'll ever find a way to prevent botting so heavily.
Xerath is also very fun and underrated in Dominion; Vel'koz and him are my favorite poke AP's on said map. You should give him a whirl if you haven't already.

KOCMOHABT

I used to jungle a lot before starting to play ranked and getting flamed into oblivion for everything most games (given at least one lane lost the matchup).

However I am thinking of picking up Eve. Is she fun? Is she viable in Silver Division? (which by the way I see almost every enemy team pink ward the fuck out of river even without any stealth champions)

I used to jungle a lot before starting to play ranked and getting flamed into oblivion for everything most games (given at least one lane lost the matchup).

However I am thinking of picking up Eve. Is she fun? Is she viable in Silver Division? (which by the way I see almost every enemy team pink ward the fuck out of river even without any stealth champions)
Eve is easily the third best jungler in the game from bronze to competitive play.

In Silver she's extra strong since people don't know how to deal with her, clear the pink and go back 30 seconds later to collect your paycheck.

what do you have, i got like 5 pages and 99% of the times i go ap quints, mpen reds, hp/lvl yellows and ap/lvl blues

I have one exclusive for Sona, I mean support: 3 ability power quints, 9 red hibrid pen, 9 yellow armor, 7 blue Magic resist per level and two blue ap

One for my jungle guys : 3 attack power, 9 red attack power, 9 yellow armor and 9 magic resist

I think i need two more rune pages for mobility champions and attack speed champions (and another for full ability power sona huehuehue)

pigeon

Banned
You forget you're argueing against someone who genuinely thought that Warwick was overpowered not too long ago. Those knee-jerk reactions are his thing.

dude tp to enemy and suppress them for 2 seconds gg

hurt enemies are revealed AND ww gets movement speed? just disable recall why don't you rito cmon what's the counter

plus AS steroid better than tristana's except applies to WHOLE TEAM

how is this balanced

didn't even mention thousands of gold of free lifesteal

Xerath is also very fun and underrated in Dominion; Vel'koz and him are my favorite poke AP's on said map. You should give him a whirl if you haven't already.
Much appreciated. I still consider myself a beginner in the vastness of this game, so there are many Champs I haven't touched before---such as Xerath. I'm looking at some things on him now though, and he does look like a good time. I'll definitely try him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom