• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian!

Lucian range lowered to 500 on PBE in "most unnecessarily severe nerf Riot has ever done".

Some shitty compensatory buffs with it. This was not the direction I wanted them to go with Lucian :(

Piercing Light ( Q ) mana cost now 50/55/60/65/70 from 60/65/70/75/80
Piercing Light ( Q ) cast range reduced to 500 from 550
Relentless Pursuit ( E ) now reads: "Whenever Lightslinger hits an enemy, Relentless Pursuit's Cooldown is reduced by 1 second ( doubles to 2 seconds against champions " instead of "If Lucian kills an enemy while The Culling is active, the cooldown of Relentless Pursuit is reset."
Relentless Pursuit ( E ) mana cost reduced to 40/30/20/10/0 from 60/45/30/15/0
Relentless Pursuit ( E ) cooldown changed to 16/15/14/13/12 from 18/16/14/12/10

uh

Nekofrog

Banned
whatever it takes to stop seeing lucian in every single game, even if the nerfs dont make a lot of sense

it's not that i hate playing against him, it's just that i hate seeing his stupid face every game

Jeff-DSA

whatever it takes to stop seeing lucian in every single game, even if the nerfs dont make a lot of sense

it's not that i hate playing against him, it's just that i hate seeing his stupid face every game

...and then someone lets Braum through and the other team gets both. GG.

Mothman91

Lucian range lowered to 500 on PBE in "most unnecessarily severe nerf Riot has ever done".

Some shitty compensatory buffs with it. This was not the direction I wanted them to go with Lucian :(

Relentless Pursuit ( E ) now reads: "Whenever Lightslinger hits an enemy, Relentless Pursuit's Cooldown is reduced by 1 second ( doubles to 2 seconds against champions " instead of "If Lucian kills an enemy while The Culling is active, the cooldown of Relentless Pursuit is reset."
Hmmmm

Blizzard

Banned
Gimme some Nami tips.
One thing you can try is using E on yourself, then attacking an enemy, then landing Q on them while they are slowed.

Your ADC will be ignoring you and will not attack the person who is bubbled, so you just wasted two spells for some minimal harass, but in THEORY it's a good idea. :p

brian!

nami is pretty intuitive

the only thing id reiterate is that you are playing a ranged support so keep in mind the benefits of that

ALN1031

DanielZKlein:

"This is not meant to be an Olafing"

Also if I'm not forgetting any ADCs here, wouldn't this change make Lucian the lowest ranged ADC if we don't count bird form Quinn? Er...

AcridMeat

Banned

I'm not sure how the buffs help him even. Is this so that Lucian can theoretically go IE first? Who cares, his range is nerfypoop and he'll need the abilility to sustain from triforce anyway.

Hughasufhafuahs RIP soccer bro :(

DanielZKlein:

"This is not meant to be an Olafing"

Also if I'm not forgetting any ADCs here, wouldn't this change make Lucian the lowest ranged ADC if we don't count bird form Quinn? Er...

he would have the same range as Kog'Maw and Sivir. Both of which have legitimate reasons for such low range.

if you want you could also count Jayce.

I'm not sure how the buffs help him even. Is this so that Lucian can theoretically go IE first? Who cares, his range is nerfypoop and he'll need the abilility to sustain from triforce anyway.

Hughasufhafuahs RIP soccer bro :(

there is no way Lucian could go an auto attack focused build like IE first with such low range.

pigeon

Banned
Lowering Lucian's range to 500 is something they talked about doing in one of the 4.12 threads, but I'm surprised they actually pulled the trigger on it.

I think he would need some pretty notable ability buffs to have his niche with that range. Maybe they actually make the Culling a worthwhile ultimate?

TomShoe

Banned
that's not what olaf'ing means

More like Urgot'ing, with range like that.

Are these changes meant so that he's more reliant on his E and mobility instead of "Get in range, pop the other guy a few times, E out before any retaliation?"

I don't play Lucian so I'm probably out of the loop

At this stage I'm not against nerfing Lucian. But this was not the way to do it.

Like the Lee nerfs a while ago they went back on. Not super against Lee nerfs, but those were the wrong ways to do it.

brian!

it won't go through it doesn't make any sense
all low range champs have something to compensate and lucian brings nothing

unless maybe they are thinking of reverting bt, but then ppl would probably just play graves

drawkcaB

Eh, they do both...except for Urgot. But look at Skarner, he just got buffed up nicely and Maoki is getting a nice bump. Not exactly two of the most beloved champs.

Not exactly the best examples to bring up. Players shouldn't have to wait almost two years to get buffs on champions. And both champions in the past were quite popular, still took this long.

Gotta say, I'm liking the state of jungle right now. Earlier this season I wasn't feeling it because most of my favorite junglers just felt too slow/weak, but I feel like I can make an impact right now with guys like Amumu/Nautilus. I think I'll play a game of Maokai tonight to see where he's at.

I wish their solutions to things were to buff others rather than nerfing what's popular.

I think they tried this philosophy for awhile, but I'm guessing whoever spear headed got fired for being too much like IceFrog. Riot doesn't want leaders or creative thinkers anymore.

zkylon

zkylewd
buffing other adcs doesn't make any sense, why would you buff an already balanced class because one champion's a problem

At this stage I'm not against nerfing Lucian. But this was not the way to do it.

Like the Lee nerfs a while ago they went back on. Not super against Lee nerfs, but those were the wrong ways to do it.
i actually really liked their old lee sin nerfs, they were gonna give him more counterplay by giving you a bit of breathing room since he'd have to get some autos off to actually kill you rather than the q lands = you're dead monstrosity that he's now

If they wanted to nerf lucian all they had to do was make him less safe in all stages of the game.
yea, basically

i think staggered nerfs always works better, just do a couple minor ones, see how that pans out, rinse and repeat

i'm thinking making him a bit more slippery with a bit less cd on e in exchange for basic stats and slowing down his q thingie might made him a lot more manageable in lane and more prone to get poked out if he doesn't dodge skillshots

Don't give me that "unnecessarily severe" shit, he earned every bit of it.

With the range nerf he gets to keep all of his damage and get more mobility on top of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom