• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taz

Finished my provisional 10 rank games went 6w 4l , put me in silver 5 was happy with that then I've played about 10 games since first two wins next 8 I got 7 afk games and one game were we all messed up at baron and lost from there.

I had 6 afk games in a row with one were two duos argued the whole game and both afk d at 7 mins in lol , I used to main jungle but I'm giving that up after been whined at for not ganking all the lanes at the same time. Going to learn adc/mid and try again.

bakeray

Eve is easily the third best jungler in the game from bronze to competitive play.

In Silver she's extra strong since people don't know how to deal with her, clear the pink and go back 30 seconds later to collect your paycheck.
Yep she's great in Silver Yolo/Queue. I like building Iceborn on her so the ADC/AP can pick off kills

Jeff-DSA

dude tp to enemy and suppress them for 2 seconds gg

hurt enemies are revealed AND ww gets movement speed? just disable recall why don't you rito cmon what's the counter

plus AS steroid better than tristana's except applies to WHOLE TEAM

how is this balanced

didn't even mention thousands of gold of free lifesteal

WW has glaring issues though, especially in the early game. Good CC shuts him down, he can't gank at all early and an aggressive enemy jungler should be able to get one or two of the lanes ahead while WW is trying to ramp up to level 6 or so.

Teleport isn't an issue at all. It takes so long to come in that you can easily get out of his ability range or get ready to slap him with some CC/stun/slow to make his entrance less than grand.

He's a broken champ if he gets fed and snowballs, but that's true of most champions.

pigeon

Banned
WW has glaring issues though, especially in the early game. Good CC shuts him down, he can't gank at all early and an aggressive enemy jungler should be able to get one or two of the lanes ahead while WW is trying to ramp up to level 6 or so.

Teleport isn't an issue at all. It takes so long to come in that you can easily get out of his ability range or get ready to slap him with some CC/stun/slow to make his entrance less than grand.

He's a broken champ if he gets fed and snowballs, but that's true of most champions.

Yeah, sorry, that was Poe's Law. Warwick is a great noob jungler because he has amazing sustain and a one-button gank, but having no pressure til 6 is really not effective in most games. I definitely don't think he's broken (even if he gets fed, would you really prefer a fed Warwick to a fed Xin or Elise?).

man i remember when yi had near a100% ban rate because of flare.
T4H4iTy.jpg

on another note twitch was obviously the greatest player of all time.

Jeff-DSA

Current bans:

Jax
Leblanc
Braum

If I'm not playing mid, I don't trust anybody to not get wrecked by Leblanc. If I'm going mid, I'll save the ban for someone else, like Kassadin.

Blizzard

Banned
Finished my provisional 10 rank games went 6w 4l , put me in silver 5 was happy with that then I've played about 10 games since first two wins next 8 I got 7 afk games and one game were we all messed up at baron and lost from there.

I had 6 afk games in a row with one were two duos argued the whole game and both afk d at 7 mins in lol , I used to main jungle but I'm giving that up after been whined at for not ganking all the lanes at the same time. Going to learn adc/mid and try again.
This is why I occasionally am cynical and question whether the tribunal actually does anything anymore. There's no reward for doing it besides feeling like you're helping the community, right?

So you have situations like yours (7 out of 8 games in a row with an AFK) and it's either because the internet is terrible, or Riot's servers/client are terrible...or because people are actually going AFK. Either way, you would THINK something could be done about this, but it never feels like it is. Maybe it's just because there are so many AFK people that you don't notice a few getting banned for a week or so.

Plus I've had people that just taunt you, like "go ahead and report I don't care, it's my friend/smurf account, it won't do anything to me, lolol".

Jeff-DSA

kass is much better ban than lb. she can't trade as well without the silence .

But she still wrecks in Bronze. I've beat her head to head a couple of times lately with Talon (he still has a silence, which is great for her), but I've lost games by leaving her available and our mid lane gets destroyed.

Jeff-DSA

So the way I lost my 5th promo game last night was pretty crappy, but I have to give props to the other team at the end. We were ahead. Way ahead. We were winning all the team fights except for one really bad one at Baron when our ADC and jungler engaged ahead of the rest of us and we got wrecked hard. Anyway, we recovered from that (thought they took down the nexus turrets), and we were starting to win again. Both teams had the bases in shambles.

We had just won a fight, with Eve and Twitch escaping at the end. While their three were waiting to respawn, our team started pushing forward into their base, hoping to end the game. When Twitch and Eve didn't show, I typed, "BACKDOOR!" and started to B. The team got mad and told me to push, but as I was backing all of a sudden Twitch and Eve appear at the nexus. I managed to jump in, but it was too late. I had Twitch down, but Eve attacking was too much. The nexus fell with the other four members of my team at the edge of the enemy base.

Pretty basic strat, but it worked really well. They must have set that up before the last fight, because they weren't winning any more team fights going forward and the death timers were long. I guess three were willing to sacrifice while Twitch and Eve sneaked away after making it look like they were trying to fight. I had to give them props in post game chat, even though it ruined my promo.

cHinzo

How's Xin Zhao atm? THinking of unlocking him.
He's always fine, because he's AD based, got innate sustain and tankiness with his ult, but u really need to take advantage of your great early game. Hard to play when behind, because there is hardly room to outplay opponents with his kit. He's very one-dimensional: E gap closer and slow -> use Q and W to buff your auto attacks and knock the target up. If you go in, you probably wont get out, but fun to play if you like early agressive champs. Otherwise it might be boring for u.

Edwardo

I think he's really good for toplane during lane phase. I remember gettin wrecked by a Xin a couple times because I didnt realize how strong he is early.

He was def a pain in the ass when everyone was building feral flare too.

Blizzard

Banned
Speaking of being able to go into a fight but not get out, I think I lost a game with a Fiddlesticks on my team recently, and it was kind of funny how important his ult is.

Because you would see him there, behind a wall, about to suicidally engage against 4-5 full HP enemies with baron or something. And maybe we only have 3 people, or we're half health, or maybe there are all kinds of good reasons he should run away. But then he uses that ult and you see the light and hear the CRACKOOM in preparation and you know, screw it all, you HAVE to go in too or you're not going to have that for another 2 minutes or whatever and he's going to be dead for a while too.

I mean, you still all die because it was a terrible idea, and the towers go down and the game is lost, but at least you can rage at him while you're dead instead of him raging at you because you didn't help. It's kind of a "we win or everyone dies" ult.

Warwick at the height of the feral flare nonsense was pretty broken.
Not really. Especially when you consider that every wannabe Warwick during those times favored a glass cannon build (like a follow-up BoRK after Feral Flare for overkill on lifesteal) which made him even easier to punish whenever those fools tried to auto-attack. While getting blown up whenever he ulted. On top of being a early game liability.

He has his strong points and I like him, but the notion of Warwick having been overpowered tickles my funny bone.

Much appreciated. I still consider myself a beginner in the vastness of this game, so there are many Champs I haven't touched before---such as Xerath. I'm looking at some things on him now though, and he does look like a good time. I'll definitely try him out.
Fair warning: he takes a while getting used to admittedly coming off of Vel'koz, as his skill set feels more intuitive than Xerath's. You'll need a few matches until you'll get a grasp on when it's a safe time to auto-attack an enemy champion in Dominion to regain the most mana via his passive, the charging mechanic on his Q feels cumbersome at first, the travel time on his ult projectiles feels weird (never mind that their range changes per rank) and his W requires good aim in order to utilize its highest % slow. His itemization is a little unusual too (for Dominion standards anyways): you're much better off rushing Morellonomicon on him instead of say, assembling your Wooglet's as soon as possible. That said, even with all these... annoyances I guess, Xerath still feels very satisfying to play when you're accustomed to his playstyle and his damage can be obscene once you get rolling on him. Plus, it'll never get old to watch a Yasuo attempting to deflect your skills with his Wind Wall, only for him to turn tail when he realizes that everything but Xerath's stun ignores his line of defense.

Lux, Nidalee and Ziggs are also worth trying out on Dominion by the way if you're looking for additional AP pokers. The latter especially is great in bot lane too: buy a Chalice and you can constantly shove the other guy back to his tower and pressure it until you draw attention from one of his allies, with control over the health/mana pick-up in the middle.

cHinzo

The worst feeling as a tank is engaging with something like an Amumu ult, looking behind and seeing nobody follow-up even if u hit all 5 of em. >.> Maybe that's why I like Zac. U can jump in, bounce out and still be fine plus u got ur revive ult as an extra safety net.

Newt

Nice build, but I prefer the Korea build, as in team fights I wreck shit like nobody's business. Of course I end up with more assists than kills but that's hey I'm more about winning the game than kill count, tempting as they may be.
Remember, you should be situational with your builds.

zkylon

zkylewd
she dropped 5% in winrate after the nerf.

idMTSRZRa5aCD.PNG

4% from the best i could find (her winrate was dropping even before the patch since lebonk's not the most consistent champion) and her winrates were always shit tier

she can still 100-0 anyone and is a blast to play, imo people were regarding her too highly before and now she's slightly underrated. playing her takes skill which people never had, that didn't change with the nerfs and that's why her winrates were always shitty.

Edwardo

I think I need a shower to wash off the filth from all the throws me and my team just made. 1-1 in promos now -________________________________________-

Jeff-DSA

I think I need a shower to wash off the filth from all the throws me and my team just made. 1-1 in promos now -________________________________________-

The stink doesn't wash off with a shower. You must promote to truly get clean. I believe in you.

jost

Neo Member
So I'm well on my way to gold, but I noticed that there is a team award for wards as well. I was wondering if there was any GAF teams that play regularly on the weekends. I normally play around 10 or 11 pm MST for a few hours Friday and Saturday. If anyone has some room and you are willing to let me join. Just let me know!

So I'm well on my way to gold, but I noticed that there is a team award for wards as well. I was wondering if there was any GAF teams that play regularly on the weekends. I normally play around 10 or 11 pm MST for a few hours Friday and Saturday. If anyone has some room and you are willing to let me join. Just let me know!

I'd be down for a ranked 5s.

Jeff-DSA

Hello, fellow MST brother.

I'd be down for a ranked team, but I want to keep doing solo queue for a while to keep climbing in ranks. I feel the shame of being sub-Gold burning within me day by day. People who I don't even know and who don't even play video games are judging me. I can feel their disappointment in me.

jost

Neo Member
Excellent, yeah I'm nipping at the heals of Gold V in my promo's for Silver III so hopefully it will be soon that I break through. we still have time so I thought it would be nice to get one together and we could take it slow and work on it from time to time. Then if needed we could really buckle down for it if it comes to that. Any suggestions for a team name? (I'm terribly indecisive when it comes to naming things.)

Lucian range lowered to 500 on PBE in "most unnecessarily severe nerf Riot has ever done".

Some shitty compensatory buffs with it. This was not the direction I wanted them to go with Lucian :(

Piercing Light ( Q ) mana cost now 50/55/60/65/70 from 60/65/70/75/80
Piercing Light ( Q ) cast range reduced to 500 from 550
Relentless Pursuit ( E ) now reads: "Whenever Lightslinger hits an enemy, Relentless Pursuit's Cooldown is reduced by 1 second ( doubles to 2 seconds against champions " instead of "If Lucian kills an enemy while The Culling is active, the cooldown of Relentless Pursuit is reset."
Relentless Pursuit ( E ) mana cost reduced to 40/30/20/10/0 from 60/45/30/15/0
Relentless Pursuit ( E ) cooldown changed to 16/15/14/13/12 from 18/16/14/12/10

Taz

This is why I occasionally am cynical and question whether the tribunal actually does anything anymore. There's no reward for doing it besides feeling like you're helping the community, right?

So you have situations like yours (7 out of 8 games in a row with an AFK) and it's either because the internet is terrible, or Riot's servers/client are terrible...or because people are actually going AFK. Either way, you would THINK something could be done about this, but it never feels like it is. Maybe it's just because there are so many AFK people that you don't notice a few getting banned for a week or so.

Plus I've had people that just taunt you, like "go ahead and report I don't care, it's my friend/smurf account, it won't do anything to me, lolol".

This is the thing that comes across, the punishment for doing things like afking/feeding/raging in chat just isn't anuff and people don't care, so they carry on doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom