• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok,

thread will be up on Wednesday. Confirmed. 100%.

Sorry for this. It ended up being a bit more ambitious than originally planned (still nowhere near OT6 though)

Won't happen again. We'll have the next one sorted before hitting 20k posts.

Again, massively sorry for the delay.

Mothman91

Can you only check post count on phones? I can't find it while I'm on the computer.

Also I had to put my cat down today :(
Really sucks, only had it for like half a year but it was my first pet.

Rhaxas

Just got done playing lucian on the PBE.

He is definitely more susceptible to getting punished in lane now for trying to cs or harass. Before you used to be able to land your q through minions on the enemy and then proc your passive on to them thanks to the 550 range.

Now you have to be much much closer and champions like Caitlyn, Kogmaw, Twitch, can all out trade and punish lucian.

If you want to play Lucian then I recommend getting a sustain support such as Nami, otherwise he is pretty useless during the laning phase and will come out with a huge deficit.

Basically hope to god you never die once in lane or take one bad trade, otherwise you will come out of laning phase with a huge cs deficit and never scale into lategame.

Kogmaw, Twitch, Caitlyn, Jinx etc. are all far better than lucian if these changes go through.

DeadNames

Banned
cCGuFPK.jpg

So EZ. I abused this Cho.

Also, sorry to hear about your cat. Losing a pet isn't easy at all.

zkylon

zkylewd
what's with people and post-match bragging lately

it doesn't make you cool to say it

in fact it makes you less cool

in fact it makes you look like an idiot

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Saying easy to any game that wasn't a 20 minute stomp, hell, even if it was a stomp is just obnoxious and annoying. Say your GGs and move on.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I wonder if Cop shaved his legs just for the video or if they're always like that.

DeadNames

Banned
ATDWDHo.jpg

Round 2. I got a little cocky at the end, but damn they couldn't handle 3 super minion lanes. I manhandled the Renekton.

I said that to spite my friend who was the Kassadin.

pigeon

Banned
More random Kass backhands. Why

Top 5 champions by pick/ban rate in LCS this split:

1. Kassadin -- 97.2%
2. Lee Sin -- 94.4%
3. Elise -- 93.1%
4. Lulu -- 91.7%
5. Lucian -- 81.9%

Champions that are slated for nerfs in upcoming patches according to Riot:

* Kassadin
* Lucian
* unnamed "aggressive early junglers"

Champions that will just go on being first picks in LCS forever:

* Lulu

They said they're looking for ways to tone down solo lane Lulu, particularly top lane, without nerfing her support role in the bottom lane.

So she's on the chopping block too.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
She's not really a lane bully top. She just survives until mid/late where she can be useful. Who are the top laners that are fun to play against? Axe yourself that question and all will be revealed.

She's not really a lane bully top. She just survives until mid/late where she can be useful. Who are the top laners that are fun to play against? Axe yourself that question and all will be revealed.
Pretty much. It's not like top lane is a well designed lane to begin with.

Would an auto attack range nerf fix top Lulu, I wonder? It worked for Kennen.

DeadNames

Banned
for that he has to actually convince me she has no weaknesses, is unfair and a free win along with his scoreboards.

Long way off yet.

Kind of a lost cause tbh. Its your opinion and I don't know if I'll be able to sway it if you're this dead set on her being okay top lane.

If you can get your team to not team fight, then she's a pretty easy win. Although I'll admit her team fight is a little lackluster until she gets a few defensive items. That being said, she is a beast mid game and roams like a boss because of lol 5 sec flash, triforce MS, and passive.

She is really fun, I'll admit. Super safe in lane too. Ungankable, untouchable and ranged. I just feel like an awful human being playing it though, lol.

idk why you keep thinking nidalee top is this unbeatable monster when you can easily counter with a ranged top laner and outscale her. she's literally trash against anyone that has ranged autoattacks.

DeadNames

Banned
idk why you keep thinking nidalee top is this unbeatable monster when you can easily counter with a ranged top laner and outscale her. she's literally trash against anyone that has ranged autoattacks.

I'm not trying to play her as a team fight monster, just as a splitpusher, which she does extremely well because of constant sheen procs and huge AS steroid.

???

you're changing the subject to lane safety now but nidalee literally has zero kill pressure on all of the champs i just listed which turns top into a farm lane which in turn is bad for nidalee because she needs to snowball to do well as opposed to shyvana becoming a gigantic unkillable deathball, jax kayle and irelia becoming uncontrollable monstersnd lulu becoming impossible to chase or kill.

I mean I guess snowball champs are strong at the level youre playing at but you arent even playing against people that use flash yet lol.

Fair warning: he takes a while getting used to admittedly coming off of Vel'koz, as his skill set feels more intuitive than Xerath's. You'll need a few matches until you'll get a grasp on when it's a safe time to auto-attack an enemy champion in Dominion to regain the most mana via his passive, the charging mechanic on his Q feels cumbersome at first, the travel time on his ult projectiles feels weird (never mind that their range changes per rank) and his W requires good aim in order to utilize its highest % slow. His itemization is a little unusual too (for Dominion standards anyways): you're much better off rushing Morellonomicon on him instead of say, assembling your Wooglet's as soon as possible. That said, even with all these... annoyances I guess, Xerath still feels very satisfying to play when you're accustomed to his playstyle and his damage can be obscene once you get rolling on him. Plus, it'll never get old to watch a Yasuo attempting to deflect your skills with his Wind Wall, only for him to turn tail when he realizes that everything but Xerath's stun ignores his line of defense.

Lux, Nidalee and Ziggs are also worth trying out on Dominion by the way if you're looking for additional AP pokers. The latter especially is great in bot lane too: buy a Chalice and you can constantly shove the other guy back to his tower and pressure it until you draw attention from one of his allies, with control over the health/mana pick-up in the middle.
Thanks for tips. I'll definitely keep this post in mind, though it'll be a while until I can afford him.

Just had a great game with Vel'Koz. I wish I could've gone with 0 deaths, but Darius got me from the grave with his bleed. I think I've decided my favorite think about Vel'Koz is how easy it is to poke the enemy while running away. There was a moment I was nearly dead, running from Yasuo and Kayle, but I was able to throw enough crap behind me I ended up with a double-kill on them.

VelKoz_zpsaf793b00.jpg

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Hah. Got drop hacked in a 5v5 normals game. You gotta be some sad son of a gun to drop a game where literally nothing is on the line.

Pancakes

how can you tell when you get drop hacked?

a couple times my entire team went down while theirs didn't

Game no longer exists and you get a firewall error when you try to reconnect. If you cancel connection the game no longer shows up in match history.

Type2

All this top lane talk is snore. What's really happening is the randuins nerfs and ad buffs are opening more options in the lane. The most successful champs will be ones with a relatively safe laning phase and potential to scale. What makes lulu top a pain is her ult gives you a tank while she builds dmg which in this patch smacks going tanky. Her w gives her godly roam, she has split potential and all the kiting tools to make a tanks life shit.

Nidalee is pretty good but not great. I'd rather kayle and lulu be up there filling the same role and then some.
I'm on my phone but could someone post the last tp nerfs?

Ferrio

Banned
All this top lane talk is snore. What's really happening is the randuins nerfs and ad buffs are opening more options in the lane. The most successful champs will be ones with a relatively safe laning phase and potential to scale. What makes lulu top a pain is her ult gives you a tank while she builds dmg which in this patch smacks going tanky. Her w gives her godly roam, she has split potential and all the kiting tools to make a tanks life shit.

Nidalee is pretty good but not great. I'd rather kayle and lulu be up there filling the same role and then some.
I'm on my phone but could someone post the last tp nerfs?

The definition of fun, farming for 20 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom