• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amiele

Neo Member
XiaoWeiXiao > Jinx

NrKZNb5.jpg

SeigO

Banned
Are games in plat like games in silver where you have random skirmishes across the map for 30+ mins and then the match is decided by one teamfight no matter the score?
Yeah that's pretty much every game from my experience in P5 land. I guess not much changes between Silver and P5 sadly. Typically I'll just be face palming as I watch my team throw the game away with mind-blowingly stupid decisions. Like suiciding 2v5 for a late game dragon...... when we have Baron buff.

The most common mistake I see 17 times a game is that people value kills way too much to the point where it feels like a normal mode game to me. They chase to the ends of the earth to secure a kill when the correct decision is almost always to just turn around and start smacking the nearest tower.

Nekofrog

Banned
i didn't really start playing until the beginning of season 3 (though I had an account back during season 1, I didn't play because I was deployed overseas and lagggggggg), but it seems if my memory is correct that back then the game didn't have so many "oh we're way way ahead but that one guy got completely caught out and literally lost us the entire game" moments as it does now.

like it's easier to colossally throw because of one person's mistake now. maybe i'm wrong, i didn't really take the game that seriously until the latter part of season 3

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
i didn't really start playing until the beginning of season 3 (though I had an account back during season 1, I didn't play because I was deployed overseas and lagggggggg), but it seems if my memory is correct that back then the game didn't have so many "oh we're way way ahead but that one guy got completely caught out and literally lost us the entire game" moments as it does now.

like it's easier to colossally throw because of one person's mistake now. maybe i'm wrong, i didn't really take the game that seriously until the latter part of season 3

They nerfed snowballing to the point where one person can no longer single handily carry 4 idiots now. It's more of a team orientated game now, which for better or worse means that one weaker player CAN result in a completely thrown game.

-Passive gold gain got buffed
-Towers got buffed
-Assist gold increased
-Early dragon gold nerfed
-FB gold decreased

etc etc.

Leezard

It was always easy to throw thanks to one mistake in late game. The difference is that games go late game more often now, and late game is the time where one mistake matters the most.

Jeff-DSA

The kills > objectives players drive me crazy. We had a hard time closing out a match last night where we were like 20 kills ahead because everybody was hungry for more instead of tower pushing.

pigeon

Banned
Blaze it

Well, an ADC with a free dash might be scary, but at least seems like they're keeping the range so whatevs

I like the theoretical concept of a gunslinger ADC who has short range and John Woos everywhere. At least, it sounds fun to play. I still think they have some ways to go on the execution, though. The current CDR on the dash works best if you dash in, use all your abilities, and dash out -- but the cooldown is nowhere near short enough to actually pull that off. Dash in, Lightslinger, laser, Lightslinger, Ardent Blaze, Lightslinger,....wait 5 seconds, dash out. Just doesn't work.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
The kills > objectives players drive me crazy. We had a hard time closing out a match last night where we were like 20 kills ahead because everybody was hungry for more instead of tower pushing.

Gotta ping like crazy in lower ELO for people to listen. And sometimes you even need to type out in chat:

"Don't chase!"
"Don't chase!"
"Don't chase!"

Jeff-DSA

Gotta ping like crazy in lower ELO for people to listen. And sometimes you even need to type out in chat:

"Don't chase!"
"Don't chase!"
"Don't chase!"

They tell you to stop pinging or they start pinging randomly all over the place to be a dick. I do ping the towers, but if they're going to be obnoxious about it, I stop trying eventually.

Nekofrog

Banned
i've been wanting to do nasus jungle ever since panda and I duo'd and had a jungle nasus on our team a week ago who absolutely BEAST mode'd the enemy team all throughout the game.

i know all the downsides to it (stack q faster in lane, bad ganks, etc) but i still want to do it.

i've been wanting to do nasus jungle ever since panda and I duo'd and had a jungle nasus on our team a week ago who absolutely BEAST mode'd the enemy team all throughout the game.

i know all the downsides to it (stack q faster in lane, bad ganks, etc) but i still want to do it.
if u want to be a shitty ganker that scales into the late game as a monster then play feral flare shyvana.

Jungle Susan ganks aren't exactly bad if your laner has a lot of damage.

Plus easy level 6 Dragon solo and Q stacks don't really matter if you can take advantage of the rest of his kit.

drawkcaB

Plus easy level 6 Dragon solo and Q stacks don't really matter if you can take advantage of the rest of his kit.

That's the big trick to getting Jungle Nasus to work - be highly aggressive on Dragon. Don't wait for a safe opening to get it like you would with most junglers. Clear any potential wards near the pit and kill it.

Blizzard

Banned
Yeah that's pretty much every game from my experience in P5 land. I guess not much changes between Silver and P5 sadly. Typically I'll just be face palming as I watch my team throw the game away with mind-blowingly stupid decisions. Like suiciding 2v5 for a late game dragon...... when we have Baron buff.

The most common mistake I see 17 times a game is that people value kills way too much to the point where it feels like a normal mode game to me. They chase to the ends of the earth to secure a kill when the correct decision is almost always to just turn around and start smacking the nearest tower.
This is one of my #1 most hated things. I pursue towers and CS to a fault, and I'm sure that's one of the things I need to improve, but there are also games where my team is way ahead in kills but still NEARLY loses merely because the other team has players who actually constantly push towers, so you end up losing 3 towers and giving the enemy team that global gold 3 times for no reason.

"Don't chase!"
"Don't chase!"
"Don't chase!"
Tried this, doesn't (usually?) work -- you'll just see people die while the chat is hilariously filled with like 7 lines of "DANGER" pings and "WAIT" chat lines. Might have been my last game, our mid laner very nearly AFK because a support got upset and just started spamming random pings around the map, nonstop. They only agreed to come back because I agreed to report the person trolling with pings.

zkylon

zkylewd
apparently it'll be functionally the same on release with new tech to support new stuff

hope it's on today's pbe patch

zkylon

zkylewd
sona new auras range increased to 350 from 300

good, that actually might be enough

e aura needs a better mechanic or bigger range

It's the same old client with more picture frames!

The only actually useful change is the free champion rotation.

well league client doesn't need all that much, mainly just overall work better

Ocho

It's still adobe air, guys. It's just a visual update. Not what we want.

"The patcher update that we are releasing to PBE includes a lot of the core tech needed for a new client. The patcher update won’t use Adobe AIR, it is built on our own native code base and HTML5 UI."

The dreeeeeeam.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Do you still queue and find a match using one client and then the game launches as a completely separate process? That's the worst part.

zkylon

zkylewd
Overall, your pre-game experience won’t change too much with this first release. The actual patching process is still the same, so don't expect performance gains or increased download speeds. Additionally, you’ll still be using the same mastery interface, store, chat system, etc.
so like, don't get too excited

about the look itself, i'm not a huge fan. free champion rotation is nice for people that care about it but i don't. patcher is really cool but landing page is kind of plain to look at, i don't care much for the black buttons and black background and it just looks plain

hope they infuse the client with some more personality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom