• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakhir

Syndra finally gets a skin, and it's down right one of the worst I've ever seen. Like old school bad.
At least it's fortunate that her realease skin is so good, but still...

They have that dunkmaster darius in lockup, and it looked way more complete than this syndra skin.

Tizoc

How good is Jungle Diana?
Should I learn her W first and go around jungling? I'm still really bad at ganking =P

EDIT: WTF, they changed Heimdinger's design, I liked his old one =/

Nekofrog

Banned
okay so, the mystery deepens

i can see the streaming vods on my dashboard, but they don't show up on previous broadcasts.

oh, you have to manually publish them? didn't used to have to ages ago.

Ferrio

Banned
How good is Jungle Diana?
Should I learn her W first and go around jungling? I'm still really bad at ganking =P

EDIT: WTF, they changed Heimdinger's design, I liked his old one =/

She's good, though her ganking is isn't good until six. Get W->Q->E, then max Q.

DeadNames

Banned
Cool! More ap items! I mean, its not like they have the best itemization already! I love having to stack tank items to deal with ziggs/ori/gragas

Leezard

Cool! More ap items! I mean, its not like they have the best itemization already! I love having to stack tank items to deal with ziggs/ori/gragas

I don't think Ziggs buying spooky ghosts is going to make your life more difficult than his more standard build.

Tizoc

So I'm curious as to something: If I'm at the turret should I be damaging it or the minions? If I damage the minions, yes I prelong my lane but at the same time I can rack up some good gold.

So I'm curious as to something: If I'm at the turret should I be damaging it or the minions? If I damage the minions, yes I prelong my lane but at the same time I can rack up some good gold.
You can do both. Stalling your lane is rarely worth it, wave clear the minions so you can attack the turret and take that global gold and enemy vision away.

Nekofrog

Banned

What's your goal or objective? Are you getting ahead of your enemy laner? By not taking his tower down and shoving your wave up, you are denying him CS (especially if you have pushed him out of lane). You might want to prolong this as much as possible. Some champions even do this to its absolute limits by "proxy farming" (push the wave up to enemy turret, then run past the turret and start farming between both the inner and the outer). Proxy farming is typically only done in toplane.

Taking a tower is almost always good, though. You can shove hard with an outer tower down and then roam and try and have an affect elsewhere on the map. It also gives your team better control of the enemy jungle on the sidelines (top/bot).

There are a lot of things that factor into it.

garath

My limited playschedule :( Always missing the fun.

I'll be on for a bit tonight if there's more in-house action.

I can't wait for the Rengar rework. I really want to start playing him in the jungle again.

zkylon

zkylewd
At least it's fortunate that her realease skin is so good, but still...

They have that dunkmaster darius in lockup, and it looked way more complete than this syndra skin.
it's not so much the quality of the skin being bad (which i'm sure will be pretty great with maybe some touchups, although it's looking blegh as fuck right now) but the concept being boring as all hell

also not being a cool fun skin with funny balls rather than playing with my tears

There's like, 2 viable mr options right now
U wot

Banshee's Veil, Spirit Visage, Guardian Angel, Maw, Merc threads, QSS. You have 2 options against CC, 2 options against burst and something to deal with poke. And they all cost less than 3000 gold each - well except Maw, but Hexdrinker is more than enough most of the time. Most bruisers also get MR per level plus MR per level runes, and Aegis is about to be buffed.

I'd say that bruisers have too many MR options right now. And since when bruisers need to actually build damage to dish out damage?

Leezard

it's not so much the quality of the skin being bad (which i'm sure will be pretty great with maybe some touchups, although it's looking blegh as fuck right now) but the concept being boring as all hell

also not being a cool fun skin with funny balls rather than playing with my tears

Now I get it. It's "Tears from Lee mains" Syndra. Fitting time to talk about Lee changes.

rakhir

People still ban Kassadin every game I've been in.

How is he after his rework in this patch guys? Still as fucked as before?

I don't know, everything about this skin (except the vfx maybe) is really terrible and i can't see any way they can improve it before release.

Most of their own concepts for new skins were really lackluster lately. Last great skin in a while was the police Vi one, which was made by a fan.

Now when you mention it, "Tears of Lee circlejerkers" does sound good enough. Thanks.
yum-yum-delicious-o8db6y.gif

YUM YUM YUM YUM DELICIOUS

How is he after his rework in this patchguys? Still as fucked as before?
Initial impressions?

He's garbage.

garath

Just read the Rengar changes.. wat.

It reads like they've changed the cooldown of all his abilities to .5 seconds? That must be a typo.

And where's the Varus skin? I thought it would be in last night's patch.

Skins are never released at the same time as the patch even if they are in it - unless it's an event. After a few days they'll unlock the skin for purchasing.

Check the Varus profile, the icon for the skin should be there but marked as Unavaiable.

zkylon

zkylewd

How is he after his rework in this patch guys? Still as fucked as before?
prolly people not knowing how to play against him, give it time

I don't know, everything about this skin (except the vfx maybe) is really terrible and i can't see any way they can improve it before release.

Most of their own concepts for new skins were really lackluster lately. Lest skin in a while was the police Vi one, which was made by a fan.
well brokeback mountain yasuo and mafia jinx were pretty cool

don't forget kpop ahri was released relatively recently

the lunar revel skins were also a bit uninspired but for the most part pretty alright.

Boken

Banned
Just read the Rengar changes.. wat.

It reads like they've changed the cooldown of all his abilities to .5 seconds? That must be a typo.

its for the delay between his empowered and regular ability

u cant double tap nemore

i think this is the only way they can prevent people from exploiting delay and casting all the abilities at once

Samurai = Cowboy isn't exactly front-page news, conceptually, though. Flapper Jinx is conceptually a bit more interesting, even if it's my favorite skin I'll never actually use.

zkylon

zkylewd
Samurai = Cowboy isn't exactly front-page news, conceptually, though. Flapper Jinx is conceptually a bit more interesting, even if it's my favorite skin I'll never actually use.

well it's still a fun skin with the gun sword and poncho and cowboy hat and all that

this is literally normal syndra with a blue skin and kind of fins?

I forgot to ask you how jungle yasuo worked out.

He's better than I thought. Your itemization desires don't really change - you still want IE + SS really bad - which sounds like it would be a complete nightmare, but he has quite possibly the most blisteringly-fast clear speed after his first back and way, way better lane wave-clear to pick up stray lane farm than just about any other jungler I can think of, so it's not as ridiculous getting him spun up as I thought. You don't generally need to buy Vamp Scepter like you do in lane, so you're not as slow to hit critical mass as expected. You really don't take much damage in the jungle due to the combination of Flow and lightning fast AoE clear; I'm curious how he might work with Feral Flare since he doesn't need Spirit Stone sustain, but that 40% -> 30% gold generation nerf is really painful since his priority is getting his "lane" items ASAP.

He doesn't do "normal" (hide in a bush and wait for a wave to be mostly-dead) ganks very well, but along with Fiora he unlocks one or two ganks that other champions really can't do at all. Specifically, in the long lanes you want to do the exact opposite of what jungle instincts tell you: you want to lane gank when the minion wave is inbound and would normally provide "cover" for a fleeing enemy, because nothing gets Yasuo's dick harder than a siege minion wave conga-lining down the lane for him to double/triple-dash through.

It's also important to note that on normal clears you'll usually sweep a camp with two Q's and as a result leave with Steel Tempest charged. Most of the time you'll just hold it for safety in case someone surprises you in the jungle, maybe pop it in the direction of the next camp to get some free damage, but you can quite easily go into a mid/top counter-gank situation with the cyclone chambered and surprise the fuck out of people who think they're safe because you have no instant-demand CC.

The main thing is, obviously, you end up turbo-farming and only want to gank for lanes where you have a lot of CC support from your laner. You can apply red buff much more easily than most junglers, so the long lanes are always potential gank locations if enemy champions push up too far.

He solos dragon like an absolute boss due to windwall abuse, though his inability to dash over dragon wall means you probably won't actually want to pull that trick very often. It's worth remembering if you have a successful gank bottom lane that ends in a 3-for-2 in your favor, though; you don't really need laner help for dragon as long as you can be sure no one's going to interfere.

Obviously, you still need displacement assistance somewhere in the composition, but with him in the jungle you unlock Lulu/Orianna/Gragas mid options which are more or less the best things ever. Your GA's usually going to be slow, so without someone else to generate the knock-up for your initial ult you're going to feel super useless in team fights, godlike windwall baits aside.

Overall: he's highly-specialized and definitely not for every team composition, but entirely better in the role than he has any right to be.

Boken

Banned
Im surprised they didnt nerf banshees a little bit yet

just add 10s to its timer pls riot

o n NJWS running an interesting comp with assassin top
kewl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom