• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwardo

Thanks. I'm definitely going to give it a try. Jungle is the only role I haven't tried with him yet (except for support). I figured he would have some nice clear, especially with the bigger camps getting his dash stacks up. I think you're right about not needing that early lifesteal due to having his shield up just from traveling camp to camp. To be honest, whenever i'm laning top or mid with him I generally dont get vamp scepter until later in my build. Especially since I'm trying to get shiv and IE asap. So wriggles would be the way to go for a jungle item on him?

i tried ap sej top for a bit but that didn't work heh

A friend from work mentioned something about sej top the other day. I thought she was just being silly. Maybe she was lol..

zkylon

zkylewd
A friend from work mentioned something about sej top the other day. I thought she was just being silly. Maybe she was lol..

she's pretty beast in teamfights if you survive laning phase but it was tough to get there. she doesn't scale super well either, so you might as well just play amumu or malph or something

How does Kassadin work now? i dont even

I tried jungling him and expected a bit better. I ended up maxing W first just to help with clears since it gives the same damage increase as Q and E but on a shorter cooldown.

The mana cost on his ult is wooooow.

Thanks. I'm definitely going to give it a try. Jungle is the only role I haven't tried with him yet (except for support). I figured he would have some nice clear, especially with the bigger camps getting his dash stacks up. I think you're right about not needing that early lifesteal due to having his shield up just from traveling camp to camp. To be honest, whenever i'm laning top or mid with him I generally dont get vamp scepter until later in my build. Especially since I'm trying to get shiv and IE asap. So wriggles would be the way to go for a jungle item on him?

To be honest, once you get going with him a simple E -> Q into the Wraith camp will actually kill everything other than the big Wraith, so you don't get to play around with the dash-stacking much outside of 1st/2nd clear. His solo creep speed is a little worse, but since he can windwall cheese the Wight it's almost irrelevant.

I think Wriggle's might be the way on him once they add Feral Flare (especially since Q procs on-hits for the first target), but right now it's just not a very good item in general. I'm still sort of iffy on it even after Feral Flare is added, because +30% jungle monster gold really isn't as good as Conservation passive.

One thing I'm actually trying is messing around with Runes and Masteries to try and do an early Avarice Blade on him. He's basically the only champion in the game where Avarice Blade is an actual, stat-efficient item in addition to gold generation (outside of weird cases where you're running around with it for like ten mintues without upgrading to SS), and the bonus gold works on jungle monsters in addition to making lane tax more efficient. Like, you really only need about 4 minutes of use to pay it off on Yasuo; it's probably worth buying earlier in your build than usual even if you aren't doing something goofy and trying to rush-build it.

Ocho

As a tip, just play your champion advantage. You can really deny Sivir minions as Cait. Try not to trade though, because it will usually end in Sivir's favor.

That was the plan but my creep/harass mechanics are still pretty bad. Thanks for the advise, though, I really need all the ADC knowledge I can get.

Edwardo

To be honest, once you get going with him a simple E -> Q into the Wraith camp will actually kill everything other than the big Wraith, so you don't get to play around with the dash-stacking much outside of 1st/2nd clear. His solo creep speed is a little worse, but since he can windwall cheese the Wight it's almost irrelevant.

I think Wriggle's might be the way on him once they add Feral Flare (especially since Q procs on-hits for the first target), but right now it's just not a very good item in general. I'm still sort of iffy on it even after Feral Flare is added, because +30% jungle monster gold really isn't as good as Conservation passive.

One thing I'm actually trying is messing around with Runes and Masteries to try and do an early Avarice Blade on him. He's basically the only champion in the game where Avarice Blade is an actual, stat-efficient item in addition to gold generation (outside of weird cases where you're running around with it for like ten mintues without upgrading to SS), and the bonus gold works on jungle monsters in addition to making lane tax more efficient. Like, you really only need about 4 minutes of use to pay it off on Yasuo; it's probably worth buying earlier in your build than usual even if you aren't doing something goofy and trying to rush-build it.

Now that I think about it, you're right, the neutrals wouldn't even be alive long enough to make good use of the dash stacks. When top, I've been going down to the Wight if I ever push up too far or if their jungler is mia and I want to get some exp/gold, so I have an idea on how to take care of that. Usually it's dead around when my 3rd Steel Tempest cast goes off. Sometimes a little before, sometimes just after.

I love getting Avarice Blade first, especially on him. I do it on a couple other top laners as well (Trynd). I don't know the gold and stat efficient math, but you can definitely feel your items coming sooner because of it. I like getting Zeal first sometimes as well. Pretty much because of the stats and how Yasuo gets the cdr from attack speed.

I'm still kind of skeptical towards wriggles right now. Maybe it'll be better next patch with feral flare, but I just feel like i'm not getting as much gold with it than I would with other jungle items. I just dont like getting an item that has unusable stats on it.

I just played Rengar on PBE. Granted, it was against bots and whatnot so it was incredibly easy to get stacks, but I think he's pretty absurd.

I ran like a super dumb movement speed build with like Trinity Force, Furor Mobility Boots, Zephyr etc. Even without the dumb build his mobility and catch potential are like second to none, mainly because of the power of bola strike.

1000+ range skillshot with an 80% slow for 2.5 seconds at max rank, which you can chain into a 1000+ range skillshot 1.75 second root, all while chaining bush jumps and using your ult... it's insane.

The mobility you get from getting any stacks on your Bonetooth is absurd.

The Battle Roar change combined with the movement speed after ult (or during ult as ell if you reach 20 stacks) actually makes him far more able to do his job of jumping on a squishy from stealth and getting the fuck out, without the frustration of being insta-bursted by triple-Q that your opponents felt.

His split pushing got hurt by attack speed being removed from non-ferocity Q, but his teamfight presence got a massive buff.

Probably won't play him in the jungle though. I really like the play pattern of the rework.

edit: from the game. again, against bots, stupid fed, whatever... but still, 650 movement speed is fun. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGauQAeRSAg

I love getting Avarice Blade first, especially on him. I do it on a couple other top laners as well (Trynd). I don't know the gold and stat efficient math, but you can definitely feel your items coming sooner because of it. I like getting Zeal first sometimes as well. Pretty much because of the stats and how Yasuo gets the cdr from attack speed.

Well, when I say early, I mean super early. I've actually had some luck with Hunter's Machete -> Avarice Blade, not even finishing Spirit Stone; the sustain on Spirit Stone isn't necessary and the clear speed is similar with the Crit from Avarice, and it starts earning income with 800 gold put in (just slightly more than a single full jungle clear) compared to 1600 (beyond Machete) for Lizard Elder. The gold income from the two actually tends to be reasonably comparable.

I've been going back to finish Elder Lizard anyway at the moment, but if Feral Flare works out well it would be a better and more natural path, since half the stats on Lizard Elder are wasted (CDR on Yasuo is bleh, Mana is non-existent, and the Health sustain is way more than he needs outside of Baron/Dragon) and the passive isn't just super impressive on him.

I just wish they weren't knocking 10% of the gold generation off Wriggles/Feral. It's already pretty mediocre.

I'm still kind of skeptical towards wriggles right now. Maybe it'll be better next patch with feral flare, but I just feel like i'm not getting as much gold with it than I would with other jungle items. I just dont like getting an item that has unusable stats on it.

Obviously it depends somewhat on how much jungle farming you're doing vs. covering lanes/ganking/objective control, but I don't think I've ever seen a situation where the current Wriggle's has out-earned a Spirit Stone item, and it's going to be generating even less gold soon. The question is whether or not the extra damage on Feral Flare will be enough to make up for it.

Like, I think in the 100% ideal situation Wriggle's earns about the same amount, but that never happens. You're going to be giving away your buffs, your laners will clear some camps, and you're going to leave the jungle for extended periods to go do other things. You just never come close to Conservation's gold generation, even with a jungler like Yasuo who can clear camps instantly.

This 100%. Why is wriggles different than the other jungle items in that regard. So silly.
Specially since considering how the game has evolved, farming junglers will never be popular again, and even if they do I doubt they'll ever want it in favor for Spirit items.

Btw Feral Flame also gains stacks on kills and assists. You're not gonna be stuck in your jungle.

They should probably double the stacks from those though.

drawkcaB

do xplain pls

Well, "lots" may have been a stretch but:

i.) the early damage on Q and emp-Q are lower
ii.) there's a 0.5 second delay now after using an empowered ability. So if jump in with empowered Q, I have to wait 0.5s before I can normal Q.
iii.) The fury bonus on the ult only occurs after the stealth is over. It seemed to take a second before it started charging up, but once it did it was fast.

So essentially, they forced additional time to react before Rengar blows you up...and as you can imagine it feels bad to use.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm 6 episodes in and really enjoying it so far.

Dat Yoko. Dat Yoko...
there's only that one episode that's shit and i think you've passed it already, but other than that it's consistently fucking awesome. like uplifting in a badass kind of way you can't help but adore

also now that you said yoko i kind of want a yoko annie skin with like the glasses and a beret

there's only that one episode that's shit and i think you've passed it already, but other than that it's consistently fucking awesome. like uplifting in a badass kind of way you can't help but adore

also now that you said yoko i kind of want a yoko annie skin with like the glasses and a beret

Wouldn't Yoko Caitlyn fit more?

zkylon

zkylewd
...Annie?
Wouldn't Yoko Caitlyn fit more?
ah i meant like yoko ono lol

it kinda sounded similar in my head lol

i need to start sleeping more

sorry :I

How is Anivia right now?
she's fine, just takes dedication. recent buffs didn't do as much as i hoped for her as far as smoothing her early into mid game, but if she can get out of laning phase unscathed she's still beast in prolongued teamfights or just bursting down fools in one combo.

i don't play her with roa+tear tho as i think that build's boring. i just go like regular mage with athene's and deathcap

scy

Episode 4, I assume.

It's always Episode 4.

zkylon

zkylewd
Episode 4, I assume.

It's always Episode 4.
to be fair it's not even that bad, when i heard the guest director got sad over it i felt really bad for making fun of it like they ran out of money or something, but yea it's not even a tiny stain in the tremendous greatness that is that show

it's just that well compared to dem epic kamina speeches, it is kind of shit

Nev

Banned
That Syndra skin is one of the best skins they've recently released. If anything, bubbles should be a bit bigger, but other than that it's awesome. Makes her look like a different champion and gets rid of the sickening voidy purple dull overused theme that gets boring really fast.

Your tastes are terrible again.

Kenai

edit: from the game. again, against bots, stupid fed, whatever... but still, 650 movement speed is fun. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGauQAeRSAg

Yea that's pretty terrifying. I don't think it's going live in that state.

That Syndra skin is one of the best skins they've recently released. If anything, bubbles should be a bit bigger, but other than that it's awesome. Makes her look like a different champion and gets rid of the sickening voidy purple dull overused theme that gets boring really fast.

Your tastes are terrible again.

I think it looks pretty plain (like Nami's homely cousin?) but I have a feeling it will look a lot better by the time it launches, kinda like that Diana skin. People hated that at the start and it looked good by the end.

I just played Rengar on PBE. Granted, it was against bots and whatnot so it was incredibly easy to get stacks, but I think he's pretty absurd.

I ran like a super dumb movement speed build with like Trinity Force, Furor Mobility Boots, Zephyr etc. Even without the dumb build his mobility and catch potential are like second to none, mainly because of the power of bola strike.

1000+ range skillshot with an 80% slow for 2.5 seconds at max rank, which you can chain into a 1000+ range skillshot 1.75 second root, all while chaining bush jumps and using your ult... it's insane.

The mobility you get from getting any stacks on your Bonetooth is absurd.

The Battle Roar change combined with the movement speed after ult (or during ult as ell if you reach 20 stacks) actually makes him far more able to do his job of jumping on a squishy from stealth and getting the fuck out, without the frustration of being insta-bursted by triple-Q that your opponents felt.

His split pushing got hurt by attack speed being removed from non-ferocity Q, but his teamfight presence got a massive buff.

Probably won't play him in the jungle though. I really like the play pattern of the rework.

Release day Xin levels of bad.

Nev

Banned
I think it looks pretty plain (like Nami's homely cousin?) but I have a feeling it will look a lot better by the time it launches, kinda like that Diana skin. People hated that at the start and it looked good by the end.

Classic Syndra's costume look out of a tier C Chinese browser MMO that falsely and shamelessly advertises a subpar 2D game with hot yet aesthetically poorly designed female young animeish women.
Atlantean has a simple but effective classy design. No need to put overcomplicated and -frequently- pointless stuff on top of her. Sometimes less is more, especially in videogame characters design (for me at least).

If it's plain then Fizz skin is the Zapadno-sibirskaya Ravnina.

You know, I had forgotten just how completely I despise Ryze. Please revert him to being nerfed, Riot, there is just nothing fun about the champion and I really don't want to keep seeing him every game.

I also don't know why the fuck they would have invited this champion back into the meta right when they're about to go into the end of the split/Champions Spring. He's even worse to watch than he is to play against. Like, if you wanted to experiment with him not being garbage, why not at literally any point before now in the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom