• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
well but that's kind of my point

i hate these champions that force an entire team to deal with them

like not talking about competitive because everything at competitive level is pretty awful, but on a personal level i hate that say i'm on the ziggs situation and my team's just yoloing and i can't do anything about it because there's this blue dude running around like crazy, two shotting everybody while being pretty darned unkillable just because someone else didn't do their job.

be it karthus, tryndamere, ryze, even yasuo or katarina or something, i don't like champions that require more effort to beat than to play as, specially when it's so unbalanced towards one side.
what. thats not your point at all.
ryze didnt force an entire team to deal with him
ryze+morg+sivir + his team behind him forced the enemy team to deal with him
get real zkylon

n if ur ziggs n ryze is running up to you by himself n owning ur shit ur just bad
u have 2 abilities to disengage from his sorry ass.

its ppl like u that we cant have late game champz.
'champions that require more effort to beat than to play as' you know what it takes 0 effort to beat their weak sorry asses early game
idk why u think katarina is on that list tho

anyway, look at this guys. look at how nekofrog doesnt even bother to block the caitlyn ultimate. wtf, worst support ever.
ferriobkem4.gif

Ryze isn't forcing anyone to play around him beyond picks.

Don't pick a melee champ. Don't pick a champ that needs his mobility to do his job. It's not rocket science.

Aside from that he's a mediocre laner with tons of bad match ups. Lategame he can be kited, can't stop a siege for shit without blowing up his ult, and though he gets very tanky he still isn't as tanky as a bruiser. He's not some steamroller that will absolutely cost you the game if left alone.

My support reflexes are interfering with my other reflexes. I just jumped in front of a Cait ult on Yasuo rather than windwalling it, FFS.
I'm the opposite, my laning reflexes get in the way of my supporting way too often. I could eat that Nidalee spear so my laner doesn't die but I always click away.

Boken

Banned
Perfect example of why you should never stop autoattacking. The ward hit was also glorious. It was a nice try, I probably would've done the same.
yea generally you would cait ult before the gank
I use EU West/Nordic, and I live in the middle east.

are you playing with friends? i hear that LoL is getting popular in the middle east, whats ur take on dis?

Yeah, Cait ult is actually pretty bad damage for the cast time compared to just auto-attacking unless you're built full Legolas or something. There's only a very few circumstances where you want to use it when you're in range to be doing autos (generally if the kill's in the bag but it's a target that could potentially escape your range due to being tricksy).

It can be worth holding on to the ult to burst someone down if the opportunity appears, though.

But yeah, most of the time you use it as a homing Nidalee spear.

Tizoc

yea generally you would cait ult before the gank

are you playing with friends? i hear that LoL is getting popular in the middle east, whats ur take on dis?

Oh I'm sure its been popular for a long time. Hell my brother studies in UK, has been the past 2 years, he comes to visit during the summer.
When he's in the living room, all I hear is him shouting when playing LoL.
I just get matched randomly, but one of my friends who plays LoL is getting a new laptop so we'll voice chat and play together in a few weeks.
I don't know of any scenes in my country sadly (though I should look into that), but overall, anyone who has a laptop or computer and has an interest in moba is most likely playing this.
Or DotA 2.

Nekofrog

Banned
anyway, look at this guys. look at how nekofrog doesnt even bother to block the caitlyn ultimate. wtf, worst support ever.
ferriobkem4.gif

like the vid says

calculated

but for reals, that vid was to illustrate for fucking terrified i was. i mean, i was support ziggs. with no mana. and it was 3v2.

Type2

like the vid says

calculated

but for reals, that vid was to illustrate for fucking terrified i was. i mean, i was support ziggs. with no mana. and it was 3v2.

We had khaz standing in a ward and i was coming in to bait a 3v3 but hamma wouldnt wait:p

^ so true. Draven bleed + ignite was the shit. I hate barrier, and it probably would've been a better idea to use ignite when I played Graves.

#givebackthebleed2014

Newt

^ so true. Draven bleed + ignite was the shit. I hate barrier, and it probably would've been a better idea to use ignite when I played Graves.

#givebackthebleed2014
Bleed was better than gold, but the gold is still better than like 150% more damage every auto or something stupid like that.

Tizoc

Say how come I don't see Total Biscuit of R. in my Item list? I've seen it mentioned but NEVER seen it at all in my game time.

Mothman91

Say how come I don't see Total Biscuit of R. in my Item list? I've seen it mentioned but NEVER seen it at all in my game time.
If you get the mastery, it turns health pots into biscuits. So buy red pots next time.

Edit: it sounds like you see it on other people, the mastery is I think halfway under the support tree.

panth changes on PBE

Pantheon leaps at the target enemy champion, minion or neutral monster and deals 50/75/100/125/150 (+1*AP) magic damage and stuns them for 0.5/0.8/1/1.3/1.5 second(s). Pantheon also instantly refreshes his Aegis Protection.
Cost
55 Mana
Range
Cooldown
13/12/11/10/9 Seconds

Pantheon gathers his strength and then leaps high into the air, crashing down at the target area a few seconds later. Deals up to 400/700/1000 (+1*AP) magic damage to units at the center (down to 50 % at the edge) and slows their Movement Speed by 35 % for 1 second.
Cost
125 Mana
Range
2000/2500/3000
Cooldown
150/125/100 Seconds

zkylon

zkylewd
http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/27697-unofficial-pbe-patch-notes-for-3-20-2014-miss

panth getting rekkd?

0.5s stun til lvl 9 and half the ult range all game long.

sounds about right but i think that's the end of panth mid for me. 2k range at level 6 means his ult is pretty useless from mid. i don't get why they didn't increase the cooldown instead of lowering the range :/

even at max rank the range is still pretty shitty and you can't splitpush like you'd do with tf now

what. thats not your point at all.
ryze didnt force an entire team to deal with him
ryze+morg+sivir + his team behind him forced the enemy team to deal with him
get real zkylon

n if ur ziggs n ryze is running up to you by himself n owning ur shit ur just bad
u have 2 abilities to disengage from his sorry ass.

its ppl like u that we cant have late game champz.
'champions that require more effort to beat than to play as' you know what it takes 0 effort to beat their weak sorry asses early game
idk why u think katarina is on that list tho
it doesn't take 0 effort to beat them on early game. kassadin was 100% banned for a reason yo. it's not easy, specially now that the game has so many anti-snowball crap. there's only so many times you can kill someone before flash comes back up :I

can't really talk for how he is right now but before the nerfs ryze was basically another kassadin. probably even stronger since he wasn't as weak in lane.

I think it's a bit early to seriously talk about nerfing Wukong. He's not causing enough of a problem at the moment that you can't take a wait-and-see approach with him. It's not like he's making other champions unplayable or completely dictating how team compositions form, he's just sort of a cool monkey dude.

Like if he stays popular and successful then sure, we hurt him because the world is cruel and dark and kids need to know that. I honestly think he's just going to taper off on his own, though, he's not that special.

DeadNames

Banned
Is this where we all cry on reddit on how Pantheon is the most balanced champion ever and I will sacrifice my firstborn child to him because HES SO FUCKING BALANCED?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!

zkylon

zkylewd
I think it's a bit early to seriously talk about nerfing Wukong. He's not causing enough of a problem at the moment that you can't take a wait-and-see approach with him. It's not like he's making other champions unplayable or completely dictating how team compositions form, he's just sort of a cool monkey dude.

Like if he stays popular and successful then sure, we hurt him because the world is cruel and dark and kids need to know that. I honestly think he's just going to taper off on his own, though, he's not that special.
well he's n2 on winrate in lolking which isn't bad per se but it's still a red flag

Is this where we all cry on reddit on how Pantheon is the most balanced champion ever and I will sacrifice my firstborn child to him because HES SO FUCKING BALANCED?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!
nah, i don't think anyone will miss him. and like he was pretty broken back when i played him in top too. point and click harass, point and click stun, gives two fucks about turrets and an execute, it was pretty dumb.

make his q a skillshot so i can play him mid again pls

well he's n2 on winrate in lolking which isn't bad per se but it's still a red flag

Yeah, I'm not saying he isn't an issue, just that he isn't some huge Kassadin-like elephant in the room that you need to get a lynch mob going for. He's just a dude who might be pretty good or more level off on his own once people get used to playing against him.

The only thing I really find myself thinking when I see a Wukong in champ select is, "Oh, maybe they're going Yasuo and Sivir? Can we steal one of those picks?"

He's the strongest of all teamfight-oriented junglers right now. He's not much of a problem because his early game is kinda crappy, but once Riot is done nerfing the other top tier junglers there'll be no stopping him.

Nekofrog

Banned
wukong won't be touched. riot's too busy nerfing all early game monsters into the goddamn ground right now to look at anyone who isn't a 1-9 destroyer of worlds.

Type2

Those panth nerfs are huge. Stun is practically useless and i saw the ult range change coming. There is nothing manly about nerfed pantheon.

I don't know shit about Panth jungle to judge if it's needed to nerf him. So you guys tell me if it's needed or not.

Riot's definitely trying to tone down early ganking power, what with the Vi changes (which I think are pretty good) and now the changes to the Panth stun.

Panth is very snowbally, so if you fall behind with him it's really, really hard to get back in the game. I guess they want to make it a bit harder for him to get going with early ganks.

Edit: Though with the ult changes, I don't see him being played much at all anymore, at least in the LCS.

The ult nerf seems kind of absurd.

I'm not a fan of targeted stuns, especially if they're gap closers as well so it makes sense that's being nerfed.

Don't think they should go through with the ult nerf tbh. Makes it worse than Nocturne ult at ranks 2 and 3, and it doesn't have the same utility of visual denial and being targeted that Noc ult does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom