• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newt

iuzWCu8.png

zkylon

zkylewd
The scaling CDR are so good. 15% at level 18? That's a blue buff. Not as useful for AP mids as you've pointed out but any manaless champ or jungler could absolutely use that. Late game the jungle item + masteries and runes will practically max you. Elise will love it.
i don't really know what junglers build 10% from jungle item + 5% masteries + 10% sv so 15% from runes caps it off.

tho i think it's maybe better to have 7.5% at lvl 1 and have faster clears and stuff? like it evens out at lvl 9 i think but for junglers that may be relatively late?

Leezard

I've seen close to 100 from a bot lane thresh.
You mean 100 after the 4x boost, right? That's about how much a standard Thresh get's in a 30-40 minute game in SR. If it's 100 before the 4x boost then that's completely insane.
Does Thresh build AD items to be such a nuisance?

Opiate

You mean 100 after the 4x boost, right? That's about how much a standard Thresh get's in a 30-40 minute game in SR. If it's 100 before the 4x boost then that's completely insane.
Does Thresh build AD items to be such a nuisance?

Nope, before. He had ~370 armor at the end of the game with 0 armor from items, so I'd estimate 85-90 souls.

He builds things like visage and wit's end to be tanky and supplement his built in ap/armor.

Leezard

Nope, before. He had ~360 armor at the end of the game with 0 armor from items.

Wow, he is broken then. I suppose the balance change was for top Thresh, where it is more rare for him to get souls. He should have ~300 AP for free as well then, completely out of control.

zkylon

zkylewd
go attack speed quints and marks for more dorans blade procs yo

you don't want ad so the minions last longer and you can heal more

perfectly solid strategy if u ask me

brian!

2.4 health back is pretty much what you get now
+ dorans thats like 5, not so bad

plus they buffed the last hit mastery so it's pretty much in the same spot early game

I am bad at this "ei dee cee" role, I am supposed to be the one who deals damage but I cant, mages can be adcs too right?

An Attack Damage Carry is generally considered a champion that relies mostly on his/her auto attacks to deal most of the damage he/she can provide.

An example of an ADC is Ashe, as she relies almost exclusively on her auto attacks to deal damage, especially late game.

Mages can't/aren't considered ADCs because they rely on their abilities much more than they rely on their auto attacks to deal damage. Mages can also be grouped up into the Ability Power Carries (APCs)

Vel'Koz for example is a mage/APC because he depends on his abilities to deal considerable amount of damage, rather than his auto attacks.

ADCs also usually buy Attack Damage items, while mages buy Ability Power items.

Blizzard

Banned
Vel'Koz for example is a mage/APC because he depends on his abilities to deal considerable amount of damage, rather than his auto attacks.

Careful with this, since Vel'Koz (like Zed) buys AD (Attack Damage) items and does physical damage. Buying AP items on him would not be a good idea.

A mage would be someone like Annie or Ryze. They do magic damage and scale off of AP items.

I would consider Vel'Koz an "assassin" role instead of a "adc" role because he can sneak up and kill a squishy enemy. He's not designed to do sustained damage like adc's do.

*edit* I'm an idiot and thinking of Kha'zix. ;_; Stupid apostrophe.

Careful with this, since Vel'Koz (like Zed) buys AD (Attack Damage) items and does physical damage. Buying AP items on him would not be a good idea.

A mage would be someone like Annie or Ryze. They do magic damage and scale off of AP items.

I would consider Vel'Koz an "assassin" role instead of a "adc" role because he can sneak up and kill a squishy enemy. He's not designed to do sustained damage like adc's do.

You're thinking of Kha'Zix.

garath

Wat?

No. VelKoz is all AP.

You're thinking of Kha'Zix.

That makes more sense.

An Attack Damage Carry is generally considered a champion that relies mostly on his/her auto attacks to deal most of the damage he/she can provide.

An example of an ADC is Ashe, as she relies almost exclusively on her auto attacks to deal damage, especially late game.

Mages can't/aren't considered ADCs because they rely on their abilities much more than they rely on their auto attacks to deal damage. Mages can also be grouped up into the Ability Power Carries (APCs)

Oh, now I get it, who are the best ADC pick ups by LoL gaf?

I am playing in support most of the time but I want to help my team in other roles

I dare you Riot to give me Warring Kingdoms Xin Zhao in my next mystery skin... I dare you.

With this:

Now I own all Xin Zhao's skins except Warrior Kingdoms... I don't even play Xin, I bought him because he was cheap.

zkylon

zkylewd
Sivir>>>>>>>Draven>Jinx>Lucian

while true i find sivir and lucian to be super boring so if i had a champ to suggest out of those it would be jinx

i don't have anything against draven, i've just never played him

really weird for me to have around 2k games played and i haven't played like with half the roster

brian!

the best ads right now are lucian sivir and caitlin but don't bother catering your support picks to your ad just play a support you like and play an ad you like

brian!

jinx is a little more situational, cait does what she does more safely
well i guess cait can siege in different situations and jinx does best after winning a fight or being left alone
but she sure is great late game when no one wants to go on her

shes gud, all ads are prtty good

I would add Jinx to that, but that's me talking.

It's not a bad assessment.

Jinx has the second highest winrate in European LCS (behind Vayne), and fourth in NA LCS (behind Sivir, Vayne and Draven), and has been played four times as much as Draven and Vayne. (They've both been picked infrequently enough to represent a pretty small sample size in general.) I'd still say Sivir is more powerful - her low stats in Europe are just because the European LCS teams have no grasp of strategic value of picks right now, which is why European games have been dragging out for an hour-plus - but you can easily make a case for her being a top three pick.

Lucian's the most overrated ADC at the moment; he doesn't have a winning record in any region (unless he does in Garena, I don't have stats for them) despite being the most picked and banned by far. He's mostly just a fall-back guy for when your composition as a team can't support a better pick.

brian!

lucian is just consistently strong in lane and has a dash, it's hard to find someone like that right now

jinx is less associated these days with general strength and more specifically with what she can do with her atspd since ppl have kinda figured out how to not get cheesed by her in lane w/ leona thresh or annie, tho she is quite strong with morgana right now

i dunno about adcs being overrated, I think in general people think sivir is really strong and then everything else they consider what they are laning against situationally

Well, yeah. If you look at your team's composition in comparison to the enemy team's and realize that you have no chance of surviving in team fights without a dash, you're basically left with Lucian and Caitlyn to pick from. You could technically opt for Ezreal or Corki, but while Lucian has a losing record across the board it's like a 44-48% winrate, not the 0-33% winrate of those two.

So, he may be a fall-back guy, but he's the best fall-back guy.

I wonder how much his winrate has to do with him being Lucian and not other factors tho

I think he'd probably have a 50% winrate if he wasn't everyone's "safety pick". The nature of being a safety pick means he's often being picked blind into unknown bot lanes/enemy team comps, and often being picked by teams who really don't have a sound game plan going into a match.

Like, Vayne's high winrate is pretty clearly because the few times she's been played, the teams playing her have gone in with a plan and a team composition in mind to support picking her. Lucian ends up getting used in a lot of games by teams like Gambit where it's hard to tell if they're just hitting Random or what.

brian!

Oh yeah that too, but I was also thinking about lucian's contribution to the team in the games they lose, whether the lucian pick contributed meaningfully to those losses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom