• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Hmm. I'm curious why people would think any mid is more reliant on Lichbane than any other? I mean, yes, it's particularly useful in instances where the champion's full-build damage is just short of having enough burst to 100-0 someone, but it's not like it's uniquely powerful on Lulu compared to other AP carries with a ranged auto.

Sure, you don't build it on mids with absolutely atrocious auto-attacks (why hallo thar Karthus), but it's really no more specially effective on Lulu than it was on Lux, Twisted Fate, or really any other AP with a good auto animation, decent range, and an AP > MPen priority in their build. Hell, people even used to build it on Gragas.

lichbane is specially useful on champions that have autoattacks be part of their normal combos. think kayle, fizz, twisted fate, lulu, ziggs, etc. these are usually low ap ratio champions (except ziggs but ziggs is op), so they need the lich bane to be able to function, basically. i mean you can play tf and ziggs without it, but like lulu doesn't scale well, so she needs something to make use of all her ap. same with kayle, in order for her to two shot people she needs the .75 ap ratio from lich bane.

the reason you don't use these items on champions like lux or orianna is pretty much because they can't reliably get autos off and also they both just scale wonderfully with straight ap. both of them rely on range and use their passives more for laning (or lux proccing it with her ult) than mid-game teamfights/skirmishes since getting up close would be counterintuitive to how they play. ziggs gets away with it because he's op but also he's got really high auto range and a really smooth auto attack animation (did i mention he's op?)

Mothman91

51SurHA.png

*evil laugh*

lichbane is specially useful on champions that have autoattacks be part of their normal combos. think kayle, fizz, twisted fate, lulu, ziggs, etc. these are usually low ap ratio champions (except ziggs but ziggs is op), so they need the lich bane to be able to function, basically. i mean you can play tf and ziggs without it, but like lulu doesn't scale well, so she needs something to make use of all her ap. same with kayle, in order for her to two shot people she needs the .75 ap ratio from lich bane.

the reason you don't use these items on champions like lux or orianna is pretty much because they can't reliably get autos off and also they both just scale wonderfully with straight ap. both of them rely on range and use their passives more for laning (or lux proccing it with her ult) than mid-game teamfights/skirmishes since getting up close would be counterintuitive to how they play. ziggs gets away with it because he's op but also he's got really high auto range and a really smooth auto attack animation (did i mention he's op?)

You, uh... you really don't have to get up in peoples' faces on Lulu either, you know. You can drop pix and Glitterlance from a mile away in team fights. This is like a weird tautology: people build Lichbane because they get up close and personal in team fights, and they get up close and personal in team fights because... they built Lichbane?

Lulu functions perfectly fine without it. Champions don't build Lichbane because of low ratios - they actually tend to build CDR and MPen when that's the case - they build it because they build a lot of AP already but don't have enough burst in their kit to manage a DFG combo. Most champions who build Lichbane can build other items perfectly fine and function.

I think you're really overestimating how much nerfing Lichbane will even matter to Lulu players. They build it because they can, not because they need to. They're just going to end up swapping in a Liandri's or Zhonya's or something and barely notice. They might even try to make the DFG work.

zkylon

zkylewd
You, uh... you really don't have to get up in peoples' faces on Lulu either, you know. You can drop pix and Glitterlance from a mile away in team fights. This is like a weird tautology: people build Lichbane because they get up close and personal in team fights, and they get up close and personal in team fights because... they built Lichbane?

Lulu functions perfectly fine without it. Champions don't build Lichbane because of low ratios - they actually tend to build CDR and MPen when that's the case - they build it because they build a lot of AP already but don't have enough burst in their kit to manage a DFG combo. Most champions who build Lichbane can build other items perfectly fine and function.

I think you're really overestimating how much nerfing Lichbane will even matter to Lulu players. They build it because they can, not because they need to. They're just going to end up swapping in a Liandri's or Zhonya's or something and barely notice. They might even try to make the DFG work.

ah i didn't mean to say it was specifically useful on lulu, just that like buying lich bane on lux is the most newbish thing ever yo. like you simply do not build lich bane on lux.

but like i said, champions that do weave autos with their spells and have low ratios benefit from lich bane the most and while lulu spends a good time just e+q'ing she's does fit the requirements. she also has relatively low cooldowns which makes activating it often pretty easy.

splitpushers and pushing champions in general also love the item for how it melts turrets, read tf, ziggs, even diana sometimes, so lulu players build it for this reason too.

but yea i was more talking about how for the love of god don't suggest people to build lich bane on lux more than anything. like as the resident lux obsessive i feel like it's my duty to say it

also lulu's getting nerfed i'm guessing so lich bane will probably the least of her worries

zkylon

zkylewd
Well, I mean I don't really recommend playing Lux, so I guess we can agree-ish!

yeah like i've sadly said a million times, i wouldn't recommend playing her either

i mean her laugh is still op but basically new xerath has rendered her obsolete

she's probably one of the weakest mids right now

When ranked queue was disabled earlier today I got Xerath in an ARAM and ended up feeling really, really dirty. I had like double the damage done to champions of anyone else in the game, and I don't even know how to geodude.

zkylon

zkylewd
When ranked queue was disabled earlier today I got Xerath in an ARAM and ended up feeling really, really dirty. I had like double the damage done to champions of anyone else in the game, and I don't even know how to geodude.
that's my ziggs experience

new xerath is kinda fun but having less mobility than ziggs and nidalee makes him not such a good poke dude, even tho his disengage is pretty godly

Blizzard

Banned
that's my ziggs experience

new xerath is kinda fun but having less mobility than ziggs and nidalee makes him not such a good poke dude, even tho his disengage is pretty godly
Zel'koz feels weird to me mid too, like...if you want safer lane play with the ability to poke enemies, Gragas or Lux or Xerath or Ziggs can do it. If you want a lot of ranged ult damage, those four can do that as well.

If you want AOE with utility and decent escapes/engage, maybe Lissandra?

So I'm not certain what role he fills, other than that he's hilarious if you manage to get a decent Thresh or J4 who can lock the enemy into the thunderdome, laser edition.

So I'm not certain what role he fills, other than that he's hilarious if you manage to get a decent Thresh or J4 who can lock the enemy into the thunderdome, laser edition.

You need a Lux to throw her disco ball into the middle of the Thunderdome to go with the laser light show. Maybe a Graves for fog machine and Cho'Gath to drop the bass.

Yeah, I've been playing Xerath in ARAM and doing really damn well. I'd like to believe I'm just really good, but that can't actually be the reason.

zkylon

zkylewd
Zel'koz feels weird to me mid too, like...if you want safer lane play with the ability to poke enemies, Gragas or Lux or Xerath or Ziggs can do it. If you want a lot of ranged ult damage, those four can do that as well.

If you want AOE with utility and decent escapes/engage, maybe Lissandra?

well haven't played him yet but like you can play whatever you want in yolo queue and like he has aoe dmg and cc so if you like him you'll do well on ranked

i'm putting off buying him while i buy renekton. i tried him yesterday and he seemed pretty fun and i need more top laners.

Ferga

My past 2 weeks of Lol in ranked: 4 wins 18 losses

3 of them, I couldn't connect after champion select, 4 of them to teammates dcing for long periods of time, 7 of them due to random/intentional dc/afks

This season has been pretty fucked up for me

Boken

Banned
My past 2 weeks of Lol in ranked: 4 wins 18 losses

3 of them, I couldn't connect after champion select, 4 of them to teammates dcing for long periods of time, 7 of them due to random/intentional dc/afks

This season has been pretty fucked up for me

perfect time for me to duo with you

Newt

A wukong main takes adc and cait is 18/4 by 20 minutes. So stupid how people get to plat with this braindead champions and then just feed as anything else.

Ferga

A wukong main takes adc and cait is 18/4 by 20 minutes. So stupid how people get to plat with this braindead champions and then just feed as anything else.

I had an adc who followed me top to 'support' me because the adc and support were apparently fighting in champ select. I was forced to go bot against a draven as shyvana.

Frustrating because I knew that game was going to get me demoted. Nothing I could of done. Even worse, the adc got some kills from stupid tower dives by the enemy team and was just trash talking the support and I for having no items/gold.

zkylon

zkylewd
So, Nami or Syndra?

What the hell happened to Lux, she feels squishier than ever.

she was always this squishy. just got her ms removed to super slowpoke status to the point that everyone can just get on her face and eat it

and tbh dunno about nami or syndra, both are pretty good and fun "niche" picks at their roles. nami is my s3 janna, all about making sure no one dies in your watch. syndra is my n1 waifu right now, she basically can win lane against pretty much everyone but maybe fizz if played right and is just so fun to play.

just played thresh in my first team builder game

the game was mostly unranked people with a bronze v yi who sounded exactly like most people expect bronze v yis to sound

there were a couple of other bad people too. i actually felt like i was in one of those low bronze games that people talk about. it was breathtaking.

Edit: second game way better. Played Heimer against Zed. I don't think a matchup has ever been easier. I didn't even have to do anything. He didn't know what to do at ALL.

Tizoc

For Gangplank, focus on attack speed and critical hits right? No need for AP?

edit: Also what about Lee Sin, focus on Attack speed and critical too?

maknoon's stream literally the best

when i can understand what he's saying i'm laughing my ass off

Edit: his team just got backdoored by a Yi while they were winning a fight at enemy nexus and he's been sitting at the defeat screen like this for the past minute and he changed to a sad song maknoon PLEASE

FwV0ZSm.png

For Gangplank, focus on attack speed and critical hits right? No need for AP?

edit: Also what about Lee Sin, focus on Attack speed and critical too?

The usual ways to build gangplank:
a) On-hit/attack speed to make use of his passive. Statik Shiv and Wits End are core. Abuse W for lane sustain. Max RWEQ. Usually known as "Koreanplank".
b) Gangplank utilizing Q. Max RQEW. Can be crit driven or not (Trinity vs Gauntlet) depending if you're leaning toward offense or defense builds. This is the most common way to play him.
c) AP Gangplank, but this is more of a troll build. Max RWQE. Lich Bane, raw AP then some CDR.

RIP Bankplank. ;(

Lee Sin has absolutely no need for ASPD from items. He's an AD caster. He's very versatile with builds. Just avoid ASPD, CDR, AP and crits and you'll be okay.

zkylon

zkylewd
Syndra

Also Lux has always been squishy, but the random shield nerfs she got alongside Diana really fucked her over.
lux shield nerfs didn't go through yo

she was just not very strong to begin with, then got randomly nerfed and the meta just left her in the dust. she probably needs a whole numbers rework, her cooldowns and mana costs and ratios are just so blegh

lux shield nerfs didn't go through yo

she was just not very strong to begin with, then got randomly nerfed and the meta just left her in the dust. she probably needs a whole numbers rework, her cooldowns and mana costs and ratios are just so blegh
Hmm, could've sworn they had went through with the "your shield is weak as balls but it stacks now 11!11!" changes.

I guess yeah, her shield was just weak, considering how meaningless it is to save her ass lol

zkylon

zkylewd
Hmm, could've sworn they had went through with the "your shield is weak as balls but it stacks now 11!11!" changes.

I guess yeah, her shield was just weak, considering how meaningless it is to save her ass lol

her shield is actually probably among the strongest parts of her kit. it's more like she's just generally outclassed by the other pokey champions.

her passive's useless outside of lane and you can only get so many ult procs
her q is fine but it's on a very long cooldown and it's not the best of cc.
her shield's very strong if used correctly but it's really unreliable as your teammates tend to be idiots and not run towards it. best case scenario it's pretty op as it can be as much as a 360 (0.7) aoe shield.
her e is just weak, the scaling is super lame, it costs a shit ton of mana (130 at rank 5 is probably among the highest cost for a normal spell in the game) and cd doesn't scale with ranks. like it's nice that it has a slow and grants vision but i'd trade all of that for some decent cooldown or scaling. she probably suffers more than anyone getting her first blue stolen since the damage is so shitty on her e she'll be just crying under turret.
ult is fine but the nerfs meant the 24s dream is over and on long teamfights or sieges it's a lot of lost power

a lot of it is how her kit is super dumb when she's fed as she can one shoot you from fog of war from at like 1k distance with zero risk. kind of the same as old xerath.

but you know, just rework her or something, i don't mind.

garath

Meh. I was going to play last night. Really I was. Loaded up the game and everything. But I just started playing Diablo and forgot about LoL. I guess I needed a break anyways. Came back to the client to see PVP.net disconnected and 3 missed game invites. Whoops.

It's ok.. I'm a proud member of idle-GAF.

I really want to try teambuilder though. Hopefully it's less toxic than normal blind pick.

garath

Oh damn. Just saw that team builder ends tomorrow morning. Guess I won't get to try it at all :(

That's unfortunate.

Newt

So anyone having problems with ping, I recommend uninstalling pando media booster and getting razer game booster. Seems to have helped me with the lag.

Tizoc

The usual ways to build gangplank:
a) On-hit/attack speed to make use of his passive. Statik Shiv and Wits End are core. Abuse W for lane sustain. Max RWEQ. Usually known as "Koreanplank".
b) Gangplank utilizing Q. Max RQEW. Can be crit driven or not (Trinity vs Gauntlet) depending if you're leaning toward offense or defense builds. This is the most common way to play him.
c) AP Gangplank, but this is more of a troll build. Max RWQE. Lich Bane, raw AP then some CDR.

RIP Bankplank. ;(

Lee Sin has absolutely no need for ASPD from items. He's an AD caster. He's very versatile with builds. Just avoid ASPD, CDR, AP and crits and you'll be okay.
Thanks, so with Lee Sin just attack and defense and he'll be AOK.

Gangplank is all about attack speed+crititcal, but reading up on him I don't see any mention of AP?

Blizzard

Banned
So anyone having problems with ping, I recommend uninstalling pando media booster and getting razer game booster. Seems to have helped me with the lag.
I'll double check, but I figured one of the first things anyone does on installing League is uninstalling Pando media booster afterwards since it's evil.

Gangplank is all about attack speed+crititcal, but reading up on him I don't see any mention of AP?

It makes his heals (W) absolutely beashty, but doesn't do much for him otherwise. His ult's cannonballs do AP damage as well, but not a lot. I think the key to AP GP is to have Lich Bane and/or Nashor's Tooth - items that give you extra damage from your AP. As Wolf Akela said AP GP is kind of a troll build, but troll builds can work.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I'll double check, but I figured one of the first things anyone does on installing League is uninstalling Pando media booster afterwards since it's evil.
that seems like it'd be pretty good information to go in the op. :^)

Boken

Banned
UGH

they still dont know whats going on with the "unable to connect/firewall" problems

fml
when do you get the message? ive been getting it as the game starts since forever and it seems to work whenever i press "reconnect". some people have more success exiting completely and rejoining. weird bug
waifus are more important

-_-

i dont see any waifus
it was amusing

idont know what manga it is and i think i prefer it that way

Noshino

when do you get the message? ive been getting it as the game starts since forever and it seems to work whenever i press "reconnect". some people have more success exiting completely and rejoining. weird bug

champ select ends, league of legends sign pops up, screen goes black......BAM unable to connect to server.

reconnecting never works for me

worst part is that it isnt even consistent, I couldnt play at all over the weekend, today i was able to play a few games before it gave me the same error again

Subtle

If you have Lol Replay you can try uninstalling that. It worked for me when I constantly got the firewall thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom