• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone been playing Vlad at all lately? Decided to give him a go tonight after not playing him for a long time. It went pretty well vs darius. I thought I was going to have trouble early on, but darius didn't try to zone me until it was too late.

I like Vlad, but he's a terrible solo que bro.

I'd also never pick him without knowing the matchup.

zkylon

zkylewd
i tried to play vlad twice recently, first time it was against a lee sin, second time against yasuo. like against picks like that he's just so fucking awful, it's torture. like i even got a solo kill on lee at level 2 because he went full retard but he still wrecked me in lane afterwards. yasuo was against a diamond dude that just went to town with me

i never played him again lol

i just don't really enjoy late game picks

Eh, playing against Yasuo this weekend It felt like Vlad shits on him pretty free.

Windwall doesn't block Transfusion, you can just spam shit on him after a few levels and he won't have the sustain to keep up, specially if you rush Wota. As long as you use pool properly he is never going to hit you with his ultimate on his own. You might not kill him but you can force him to back quite easily.

Edwardo

It definitely helped that the jingle kha on the enemy team failed his ganks, then gave up on trying to gank me. It let me get ahead of darius and just farm/antagonize him forever.

I wasn't sure how I wanted to do my masteries so I went with 9/21 I believe. I feel like the points way up in defense helped my survivability a lot. Especially because I hadn't played him in a while and was testing out what I could and could not get away with.

Boken

Banned
Eh, playing against Yasuo this weekend It felt like Vlad shits on him pretty free.

Windwall doesn't block Transfusion, you can just spam shit on him after a few levels and he won't have the sustain to keep up, specially if you rush Wota. As long as you use pool properly he is never going to hit you with his ultimate on his own. You might not kill him but you can force him to back quite easily.

wut r u gonna do when he dashes at u at lvl 1, autos u a bit n den dashes away EH

n then repeat at lvl 2 with his q

n then ur fukd

ALN1031

I feel like that as well. Not only do you outsustain Yasuo, you can get free harass quite easily, and retreat with your pool if he goes ham. As long as you don't go in an all in duel early levels like a derp I think Vlad can take a commanding lead in this match up.

zkylon

zkylewd
wut r u gonna do when he dashes at u at lvl 1, autos u a bit n den dashes away EH

n then repeat at lvl 2 with his q

n then ur fukd

tbh this is my experience against him in every lane with every champion

it's always a fucking diamond playing him

like leave me alone

Zukuu

Banned
The matchmaking in this game is so fucked up...
4x premade + challenger vs 2x unranked lmao. The Zed was the worst I've ever seen on top...
3jaoua.jpg

Why am I among platin and diamonds anyway? Played once in a ~2k rating.game.

Fuzzery

Lol, I don't die. Seriously though, it just happens even when i've not pressed the lock button - dying or disconnect is needed to reset it.

This bug pissed me off to no end until I figured out a quick fix for it.

Click and hold down on the minimap, and drag around.

This is really stupid but I'm kind of proud of myself for figuring out the Gragas/Heimer matchup by myself today. I just needed to stop placing my turrets near my minion wave so he had to choose between CSing with barrel or destroying my turrets.

Yeah, it's obvious, but I usually have to have someone tell me these things.

Kenai

I'm kinda enjoying team builder, it's letting me practice a lot in the roles I feel i need practice in.

Hope Riot can find a way to make it work with a banlist so it can go into a ranked format someday.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I'm kinda enjoying team builder, it's letting me practice a lot in the roles I feel i need practice in.

Hope Riot can find a way to make it work with a banlist so it can go into a ranked format someday.
I don't really see the pick/ban phase being that big of an issue. Team builder's limitation is that it ties you to a champion rather than a role. If the captain could ban things out and a normal drafting phase occurred with players knowing what specific role they are aiming for it wouldn't really be all that different.

OK so how's this build sound for Shyvana?
Nashor's Tooth
Hextech Gun thingy
What's a good boots for her?

I like her W ability, so I'm thinking spell vamp+magic penetration+attack speed is one way to go.
Once I've got her cooldown maxed, I'll prob. go into upping her defense.

EDIT: So like here's s sample build I made up:
Nashor
Hextech gun
Zephyr
Guinsoog's Rageblade

Optional armor
Guardian angel
Randuin
Banshee

Standard Shyvana in this current meta

is either full tank or blade of ruined king into full tank....

Basically the core is Randuin's, Spirit Visage/Banshee Veil (depending on situation), Sunfire, Tabs/Mercs (depending on situation),

Then the last spots are situational for things like Thornmail or even Frozen Mallet (rare but you never know...).

drawkcaB

My personal idea, select position, role and 3-5 champion pool for that role instead of picking. Captain picks the members. Once the members are all together and their 3-5 champ pool finalized the team is matched up. Pick/Ban phase goes on as normal. Players must select from among the remaining champions in their pool. In the event one player is totally banned out he can then go into all his available champions to pick. Because this is a strong counter pick advantage, one player on the opposing team may sub one champion from all his unlocked champs as well. This would significantly increase the time to get into a game, but I don't see an issue of Riot keeps Ranked as-is as well as this mode.

Any rate, just finished my 5 game jungle Trundle set. Did quite well outside of this one game where I just fucked up, like non-stop. Its a 3/7/7 score and it doesn't do that catastrophe justice. He's better at ganking vs. some champions than I would have expected, but I imagine lots of that is from players at my scrubby level not knowing how to deal with pillar. The nice part was that I was fed a nice stream of Nasus tops, Rammus jungles, and other such champions that Trundle is a great pick against.
Going to be hard pairing down my jungle picks to 4-5 champions, and I can see Trundle not making the the cut just because I still feel he may be situational.

Mothman91

I wonder who's next after the Donger for a VU. I think they were aiming at one per month? I don't know if that was a VU or just something to do with champion reworks, but I heard something along the lines of "one per month".

brian!

team builder is just
you kinda feel like trying out a champ in blind pick
but now you aren't gonna get boxed out by someone quicker than you

Any rate, just finished my 5 game jungle Trundle set. Did quite well outside of this one game where I just fucked up, like non-stop. Its a 3/7/7 score and it doesn't do that catastrophe justice. He's better at ganking vs. some champions than I would have expected, but I imagine lots of that is from players at my scrubby level not knowing how to deal with pillar. The nice part was that I was fed a nice stream of Nasus tops, Rammus jungles, and other such champions that Trundle is a great pick against.
Going to be hard pairing down my jungle picks to 4-5 champions, and I can see Trundle not making the the cut just because I still feel he may be situational.

Yeah, I'd kind of forgotten Pillar's interaction with a few of the mobility skills. Because it has that weird demi-knockback/displacement effect, when it's aimed really well it can actually knock someone out of a dash that doesn't give them no-clip. That obviously requires some good predictive skills unless it's something ungodly telegraphed like Trist's Rocket Jump, but it still has terrifying gank potential against champions like Jax and Aatrox.

Kenai

I don't really see the pick/ban phase being that big of an issue. Team builder's limitation is that it ties you to a champion rather than a role. If the captain could ban things out and a normal drafting phase occurred with players knowing what specific role they are aiming for it wouldn't really be all that different.

Yea, that's kinda my line of thinking, but Riot specifically said they weren't sure how to make a ranked teambuilder because of pick/banning stuff in that Teambuilder Q/A not that long ago so i wasn't sure if there was something I was missing.

My personal idea, select position, role and 3-5 champion pool for that role instead of picking. Captain picks the members. Once the members are all together and their 3-5 champ pool finalized the team is matched up. Pick/Ban phase goes on as normal. Players must select from among the remaining champions in their pool. In the event one player is totally banned out he can then go into all his available champions to pick. Because this is a strong counter pick advantage, one player on the opposing team may sub one champion from all his unlocked champs as well. This would significantly increase the time to get into a game, but I don't see an issue of Riot keeps Ranked as-is as well as this mode.

This sounds neat but at the same time I feel like if they were to implement it like this it would take a long time to come out just because the overall format sounds significantly different, to the point that it wouldn't look much like it does now. They might not have the tech in place they need for a lot of that yet.

Boken

Banned
Jinx feels like a better, improved version of Lux, she is crazy.
Better in the sense that she is more crazy?
I wonder who's next after the Donger for a VU. I think they were aiming at one per month? I don't know if that was a VU or just something to do with champion reworks, but I heard something along the lines of "one per month".
I have a growing suspicion that kassadin VU is really soon.
This is really stupid but I'm kind of proud of myself for figuring out the Gragas/Heimer matchup by myself today. I just needed to stop placing my turrets near my minion wave so he had to choose between CSing with barrel or destroying my turrets.

Yeah, it's obvious, but I usually have to have someone tell me these things.
Nice one!

team builder is just
you kinda feel like trying out a champ in blind pick
but now you aren't gonna get boxed out by someone quicker than you

exactly

i don't even mind the wait because i know for sure i'm going to get to play what i want.

also is anyone having trouble connecting to the GAF mumble server or is it just me

Kenai

I have a growing suspicion that kassadin VU is really soon. !

I don't see Kassadin enough to remember if he needs a VU. ><

My votes go to Taric (aka the Jaggy Knight), Twitch (they are holding an unreleased skin hostage til they VU him) and Nunu.

Boken

Banned
TL;DR:
Mordekaiser rework hinted at
Sion rework reconfirmed
"i think the next relaunch everyone will love and the one after will be a surprise
Worked on the glorious Heimerdonger VU!
Void fizz wrapping up (Soon to be finished then?)
Currently there are 4 relaunches being worked on
"poppy will happen" (Eventually)
Taric VU is in the works, but they are very cautious because they don't want to mess him up
DudeBro has a crappy laptop keyboard
Says he thinks Skarner and Cho'Gath both need VUs really bad (Truth)

i assume the kassadin VU is the surprise
no idea who the 'next relaunch every1 will love' is

zkylon

zkylewd
last time you posted seemingly unfair lolnexus u won
not such luck this time

basically zed and lee had their way with me for all laning phase and i guess their smurfs were better than ours? whole game was miserable so i spent as much time as possible just freezing lane trying to bore them as much as possible.

highlight of the game was probably me standing below inhib turret pretending to be afk. enemy lee jumps and insecs me and i still don't move, just stand still. my friends thought i afk'd too so they jumped to my rescue and suddenly shen ult, flash lulu shield and that's when i decide to strike, barrier on and i ult his sorry challenger face off.

so fucking good

too bad i still had to read all their nonsense in all chat but w/e. it's really hard which one to decide, i really enjoy being able to rub it on people's face when they're douchebags and i outplay them but i can really tilt if i'm getting casually butchered like this game.

Boken

Banned
idk tbh

maybe they think where his arms are located on his body is dumb
or maybe they dont like how his tail looks

id care more if skarner was actually good

Moodmon

Neo Member
Anyone been playing Vlad at all lately? Decided to give him a go tonight after not playing him for a long time. It went pretty well vs darius. I thought I was going to have trouble early on, but darius didn't try to zone me until it was too late.

Very late to the party, but try and have a look at the NA challenger series games between LMQ and Team8. Vlad in every game, and especially the first game does really well against Renekton of all things. Link to the first game on YouTube (skipped picks and bans) below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUlSw0TAMYk&t=7h42m55s

Warning: Casting by Riv and another guy who makes Riv look good.

zkylon

zkylewd
played against a diamond jungle lulu today

my brother was half drunk playing jungle lee sin (which he doesn't know how to play) so she got off pretty easy and she was oh so fucking annoying

they had orianna too, with freaking barrier, so here i was trying to blow someone up and i just couldn't.

they kept taunting us and saying LOL RIVEN or DAT RIVEN at one of my friends... it was pretty depressing

we still won because they threw at baron lol

was fun for all 5 of us to go "zz easy" on them after being completely quiet all game long. the amount of all caps bitching that came from these so called pros was hilarious

but yeah that lulu+ori combo was disgusting. like they had a riven themselves and it was like double shield plus double speed boost and she just flashed facerolled into our team and blew us up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom