• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
hes prob talking to nosh

re: ur camera lock bug - is this during death? happens to me somethimes when im trying to chat. i can usually unlock it once my character comes back alive tho

Lol, I don't die. Seriously though, it just happens even when i've not pressed the lock button - dying or disconnect is needed to reset it.

Tizoc

It makes his heals (W) absolutely beashty, but doesn't do much for him otherwise. His ult's cannonballs do AP damage as well, but not a lot. I think the key to AP GP is to have Lich Bane and/or Nashor's Tooth - items that give you extra damage from your AP. As Wolf Akela said AP GP is kind of a troll build, but troll builds can work.

Oh I see thanks, I assume they nerfed his AP bonus for his ulti?
In that case Nashor or Lich will be my final builds. I actually have an AP+AD Mastery let me try gangplank using that one.

OK got my Gangplank build thus:
1- Static+Wit's End
2- Lifesteal+a weapon to increase atk speed and crit
3- Final item will be situtational
4- Zephyr prob.

Tizoc

Tried to record with OBS but it only recorded a black screen.
Apparently I gotta play on Window mode? Anyway to hve it record the fullsrcreen of a game I'm playing?

Tried to record with OBS but it only recorded a black screen.
Apparently I gotta play on Window mode? Anyway to hve it record the fullsrcreen of a game I'm playing?

Not on OBS. I think you can with Xplit but that costs money.

For League, anyway. I've had success just recording Window capture on OBS with other games.

brian!

UGH

they still dont know whats going on with the "unable to connect/firewall" problems

fml

FwV0ZSm.png

Tizoc

Bleh why do they always surrender when I start having fun =/
Let me read up on Shyvana and see what her build's like.
Gangplank is good but I keep forgetting he's a melee with a medium range melee ability XP.

Tizoc

...aaaaaaaaaand they surrendered again.
I mean come on My Gangplank isn't THAT OP.
8 kill, 0 deaths, and 7 assists.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
do team builder games have their own elo?

also: vi q+flash is like the last impressive thing in the game now after playing her.

Blizzard

Banned
do team builder games have their own elo?
I don't know if Riot announced anything about the hidden elo for it, but I'm guessing it might since wins and losses are tracked individually for that mode.

Plus people I played with seemed to be wildly varying -- me as Vel'koz jungle, teleport jungle Garen enemy, AP Ashe, crazy Vayne carrying everyone on our team, etc.

Mothman91

Bleh why do they always surrender when I start having fun =/
Let me read up on Shyvana and see what her build's like.
Gangplank is good but I keep forgetting he's a melee with a medium range melee ability XP.
Shyvana? Tanky bruiser, more on the tanky side, I've seen people go cutlass then sunfire. Finish BoTRK, go more armor or mr, whatever is needed.

Newt

have not played this in like a year + but getting the urge again... anything significant changed since like... before this Zed guy was added?
Supports super powerful, tanks super powerful, junglers squishy, top lane full tank bruisers. ADC is basically the same, but champs like MF and Graves aren't strong anymore.

Tizoc

OK so how's this build sound for Shyvana?
Nashor's Tooth
Hextech Gun thingy
What's a good boots for her?

I like her W ability, so I'm thinking spell vamp+magic penetration+attack speed is one way to go.
Once I've got her cooldown maxed, I'll prob. go into upping her defense.

EDIT: So like here's s sample build I made up:
Nashor
Hextech gun
Zephyr
Guinsoog's Rageblade

Optional armor
Guardian angel
Randuin
Banshee

Nekofrog

Banned
OK so how's this build sound for Shyvana?
Nashor's Tooth
Hextech Gun thingy
What's a good boots for her?

I like her W ability, so I'm thinking spell vamp+magic penetration+attack speed is one way to go.
Once I've got her cooldown maxed, I'll prob. go into upping her defense.

Shyvana has a standard build that you generally don't deviate from, but has one alternating item.

Depending on her matchup, you either rush a BotRK and then all tank, or forego the sword and just rush sunfire/visage/randuins (depending on your matchup).

Moodmon

Neo Member
Had a very humbling experience earlier. Ranked game, and everyone on my team dead lots. Crazy thing was no one really raged. They couldn't, every lane got outplayed by miles. Absolutely surreal, tried to surrender at 20 but they had literally won game before then.

Also finding ranked a double edged sword. Love playing people more or less on my level (still cannot get over being placed bronze I with relatively little game experience). I just generally do not liked ranked stuff. I am paranoid about getting relegated being so close to silver, despite getting about 25 ish points a win and 12 a loss. Ranked stuff does bad things to me in general. I wish I was just put in bronze V and I would not care. I am just (relatively) so close to silver I can taste it. What will likely happen is I will hate myself and try to get silver, THEN forget about ranked.

Feels so odd. Mechanically I am absolutely rubbish, but I have watched so much (so very much) LoL I at least have a read on basic stuff (buy wards, losing the lane isn't end of world if you do not die, did you buy wards yet?).

Tizoc

Shyvana has a standard build that you generally don't deviate from, but has one alternating item.

Depending on her matchup, you either rush a BotRK and then all tank, or forego the sword and just rush sunfire/visage/randuins (depending on your matchup).

I've edited my post so i'd appreciate feedback on that.
Hmm so I SHOULD build her as a tank with her abilities functioning as support?

Sounds intriguing but at the same time I really feel like using her as an offensive build with focus on AP.

Nekofrog

Banned
Shyvana's only offensive item should be a BotRK. A Wit's End might be an okay pickup against a heavy AP team, but at that point a visage/banshee/merc should be enough MR to negate the need for it.

Tizoc

Shyvana's only offensive item should be a BotRK. A Wit's End might be an okay pickup against a heavy AP team, but at that point a visage/banshee/merc should be enough MR to negate the need for it.

Interesting, I'll try out that build then thanks.

P3P5I

So when do you guys push a lane? Usually I'll help push when I know the enemy won't be back before the wave hits the tower. If the enemy has a passive jungler like Warwick I'll push to their tower. Does your attitude on pushing change in different elos (for example, pushing in bronze may be a good idea because not many players are good at cs'ing under tower and the jungler may not be that good).

zkylon

zkylewd
So when do you guys push a lane? Usually I'll help push when I know the enemy won't be back before the wave hits the tower. If the enemy has a passive jungler like Warwick I'll push to their tower. Does your attitude on pushing change in different elos (for example, pushing in bronze may be a good idea because not many players are good at cs'ing under tower and the jungler may not be that good).

as long as i have wards up i'm pretty much constantly pushing since it puts pressure on the other mid and jungler. if the other mid can't waveclear fast enough it opens you up to roam or steal blue or something.

before i get to buy wards it's mostly about who i'm playing, who i'm laning against and what's the jungler situation. you mostly rush lvl 2/3 by pushing a lot and then try to predict where the jungler's at. like think that pushing without being punished is always a positive for you because the other mid will lose cs to turret, can't do wraiths, can't help with invades and is just disabled from making any plays on you or on your team (if he leaves you take turret, if he engages on you he eats tons of caster minion damage).

so like tl;dr for me is push as long as you can get away with it

early levels you can just last hit as you might want to set up something for your jungler and you don't really have the mana to super push unless you're stupid like ziggs :)

garath

It sounds like you are talking about pushing as a jungler. You almost always want to push after forcing the opposing laner to back (or kill them). Either their jungler has to come farm the wave relieving the pressure for your other laners or the team loses that XP and gold. This is especially beneficial if your laner has to back too. They will lose very little and the lane should be reset (back in the middle) by the time he gets back. Sometimes if my laner isn't low and the lane is in the middle I'll ask if they want to push but its usually a good idea.

As you get higher elo people recognize this more. The lower you go the more they feel like you are robbing them of their farm and "messing up their lane".

zkylon

zkylewd
It sounds like you are talking about pushing as a jungler. You almost always want to push after forcing the opposing laner to back (or kill them). Either their jungler has to come farm the wave relieving the pressure for your other laners or the team loses that XP and gold. This is especially beneficial if your laner has to back too. They will lose very little and the lane should be reset (back in the middle) by the time he gets back. Sometimes if my laner isn't low and the lane is in the middle I'll ask if they want to push but its usually a good idea.

As you get higher elo people recognize this more. The lower you go the more they feel like you are robbing them of their farm and "messing up their lane".

yup i really hate those junglers that show up in your lane, throw like an olaf axe and fuck all your lane up but then when you have to back and you ask them to push they just half ass it because they want to go do wraiths or something, so enemy mid just freezes it and you gotta go overextend to reset it.

like if you're a jungler and you see me backing just hardpush the lane. if we get a kill lemme throw a spell and back and you can get all that free cs. if you see me back to buy just push it. and if you see me stuck under turret having trouble just show up, throw something random at the other mid and help me push.

a lot of junglers just don't respect how much those little things can help a lane

Moodmon

Neo Member
yup i really hate those junglers that show up in your lane, throw like an olaf axe and fuck all your lane up but then when you have to back and you ask them to push they just half ass it because they want to go do wraiths or something, so enemy mid just freezes it and you gotta go overextend to reset it.

like if you're a jungler and you see me backing just hardpush the lane. if we get a kill lemme throw a spell and back and you can get all that free cs. if you see me back to buy just push it. and if you see me stuck under turret having trouble just show up, throw something random at the other mid and help me push.

a lot of junglers just don't respect how much those little things can help a lane

Having gone from doing a fair bit of jungling and support to ending up top lane a lot recently, absolutely this. Farming under turret is hard, even worse is losing minions you do not have a chance to farm.

You do not call a gank failed if the enemy laner burns flash or has to back. They might come back a level down, certainly CS down. You might end up being an item in front as a result (maybe not straight away but you do have the advantage). Really makes you appreciate the jungler/the laner depending on what you do.

Of course at my level it is all "LOL NOOB GANKERINO" or "STOP STEAL FARM NUBS". Then again any invade (whether we do it or enemy team does it) also seems to involve me dying horribly, so take it with a pinch of salt.

zkylon

zkylewd
Having gone from doing a fair bit of jungling and support to ending up top lane a lot recently, absolutely this. Farming under turret is hard, even worse is losing minions you do not have a chance to farm.

You do not call a gank failed if the enemy laner burns flash or has to back. They might come back a level down, certainly CS down. You might end up being an item in front as a result (maybe not straight away but you do have the advantage). Really makes you appreciate the jungler/the laner depending on what you do.

Of course at my level it is all "LOL NOOB GANKERINO" or "STOP STEAL FARM NUBS". Then again any invade (whether we do it or enemy team does it) also seems to involve me dying horribly, so take it with a pinch of salt.

yea it's kind of an issue in gold because junglers simply don't push. like sometimes you'll get a kill, back, your jungler feels the sudden implacable urge to do wraiths so he leaves the wave as is, the other jungler will just come and push your wave and in the end you somehow end up below in cs.

like mid is a fairly easy lane to reset, just push the freaking wave dude.

like i really don't give a shit about lane tax, but do it right.

P3P5I

Thanks for the info! I should clarify. I main support, and one thing I'm still trying to learn is how to push early at lvl 1 to get the lvl 2 advantage on the opponents but not push too much so we push to tower that early. Knowing when to push is hard.

When I jungle again I'll definitely try to remember that.

zkylon

zkylewd
Thanks for the info! I should clarify. I main support, and one thing I'm still trying to learn is how to push early at lvl 1 to get the lvl 2 advantage on the opponents but not push too much so we push to tower that early. Knowing when to push is hard.

When I jungle again I'll definitely try to remember that.

basically lvl1 at bot lane is super stupid with everyone just autoing the minion wave to rush it

it takes 9 minion kills (a wave and a half) for both you and your adc to get to level 2 (7 cs at mid) so just start autoing the minions with a good chunk of health, usually casters. i try to just weaken them and think about how not to fuck up my adc's csing, while trying to grab the ones he does (say he has two low health minions i'll just steal one).

make sure you back from blue/red fast enough so that you don't miss on any cs. like junglers have smite all the fucking time now so they don't need your help

Edwardo

Anyone been playing Vlad at all lately? Decided to give him a go tonight after not playing him for a long time. It went pretty well vs darius. I thought I was going to have trouble early on, but darius didn't try to zone me until it was too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom