• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
What's the best way to Counter Karthus?
ask ur jungler to gank him
eziest thing ever to gank
did some random math that can be or not be right but...

new grago
160 + .6 (ap)
20 + .3 (ap)
80 + .6 (ap)
200 + .7 (ap)
----------
460 + 2.2 (ap)

old grago
185 + .9 (ap)
30 (extra ad from w)
160 + .5 (ap)+ ~30 (phy)
200 + .9 (ap)
----------
545 + 2.3 (ap) + ~60 (phy)

so like 150 + .1 less damage? mega q is 240 + .9 so it's potentially less but still.

doesn't feel too good mid, specially since his combo is not that easy to pull off on a ranged champion.

jungle or top i bet.

edit: rank 5 super q is 360 + .9 damage? holy shit. imagine grago q + morg q lol
i thot i made a response RE: new gragas mid.
its just nope. its slightly below avg
but doable

Burt

New Gragas looks like fun. Gonna be a lot more focused on penetration, CDR, and survivability. Ratios aren't great anymore unless you count the delayed Q, and you're gonna want to get as much of that 12% through their MR as possible. What's body slams CD come down to with max CDR if you hit someone, like 4-5 seconds? Not bad on a 1s stun. Question would be rather to run grail or void staff first. Hope they take the channel off W though, that'd just be a total buzzkill having to root yourself like that in the frontline of teamfights or predict when you're going to need that damage reduction within the next 4 seconds without getting yourself killed waiting for a second for it to come into effect. It'll make for a fun combo going in though, chug barrel body slam auto pop barrel.

Nekofrog

Banned
New Gragas looks like fun. Gonna be a lot more focused on penetration,

attachment.php

Tizoc

Hmm well what about Karthus' Ulti, fucking thing just hits you out of nowhere, almost makes me want to make that item that recovers your health in case you get hit by big damage.

Hmm well what about Karthus' Ulti, fucking thing just hits you out of nowhere, almost makes me want to make that item that recovers your health in case you get hit by big damage.

Build magic resist? Like if you're playing zed build a hex drinker. It helps a lot if you can kill him over and over again in lane so he's using his ultimate to try kill you instead of using it to help his team's ganks.

Tizoc

Build magic resist? Like if you're playing zed build a hex drinker. It helps a lot if you can kill him over and over again in lane so he's using his ultimate to try kill you instead of using it to help his team's ganks.

OK thanks, yeah Hexdrinker was the item I was thinking about.
Ugh trying to balance my game time between getting playfire rewards and LoL is gonna be tricky today.

zkylon

zkylewd
Am I the only one that likes the changes to boots enchantments? They look interesting.
nah, they're cool, just not very exciting imo

the extended flash range was gonna be crazy, i'm kinda glad they didn't change it because it sounds like it'd break a lot of the game, but at the same time it left all the changes feeling like they added some random %ms to summoner spells for some rason

What's the best way to Counter Karthus?

LeBlanc is about the hardest counter for Karthus you can come by. Her mobility allows her to avoid most of his damage, she has a guaranteed in-and-out to avoid getting stuck in the puddle of doom-guts after he dies, and she can dive deeply enough to punish him for camping under tower. She even has the potential to dive in and cancel his ultimate with a silence if he's not super careful about where he uses it.

As LeBlanc you should be able to put enough unanswered damage on Karthus that he can never really leave tower, and with a decent diving jungler you should be able to dive him even there to keep him from just safe-farming with skittles.

So the game I just played, the other team had a Jinx adc with teleport instead of flash. Against a blitz, vi (me), and gragas.

Thanks for the freelo I guess.

Eh, those Gragas damage nerfs don't seem too bad. He won't just pop people with his ult and be impossible to siege against, but he'll still hurt a lot.

His ult will still do a fuckton of damage. He can still hang mid I think.

Also Graves R turning into Trist R? Ouch

Boken

Banned
Eh, those Gragas damage nerfs don't seem too bad. He won't just pop people with his ult and be impossible to siege against, but he'll still hurt a lot.

His ult will still do a fuckton of damage. He can still hang mid I think.

Also Graves R turning into Trist R? Ouch

hes going to have a much tougher time mid

no damage reduction. so more harass taken
no bonus ad. so farming es harder
no free mana. so less barrell spamming cos being melee is hard

sure, he has 4% hp regen and still has his ranged barrells so he can still function, n is like a better version of mid sejuani

zkylon

zkylewd
i feel like i enjoy the game 10x nowadays when playing on my smurf. i mean they've gotten to the point everyone i end up playing is smurfing too but it's really fun because i do dumb things and everyone's like a bronze 5 smurf so they get really really mad when they get outplayed so it's pretty hilarious. like i don't even say anything but it's just funny to see a lee sin going in all caps THAT CHAMPION IS NOT BALANCEDDDD when talking about heimer lol

hes going to have a much tougher time mid

no damage reduction. so more harass taken
no bonus ad. so farming es harder
no free mana. so less barrell spamming cos being melee is hard

sure, he has 4% hp regen and still has his ranged barrells so he can still function, n is like a better version of mid sejuani
mr per level tho

like in lane you'll prolly only have rank 1 w so that's a constant 10% dmg reduction you're missing. i dunno if the magic resist compensates for that but between that and the w still existing only being situational i don't see it being so bad

and he seems to have kept his crazy q waveclear so i don't think he'll do so bad

he's lost his e cheese tho, and lost range on q and lost mana regen, so imo i feel like all those things just make him a lot less scary to the point he won't be contested anymore in mid. he'll no doubt show up in jungle/top

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
watching the inhouse vod's from last night, type's fixed camera perspective feels so strange to me.
---
pankaks bubbles udyr and secures a kill but only gets blamed because gamma died in lane.
support life is the rough life.

edit: neko bringing out his top quinn and wrecking face, nice.
edit2: type got a little tilted :(

Hmm, I wonder how good Zed jungle is in S4? He used to have the fastest clears in the game before they nerfed the CD on his E, maybe he can fit right in this assassin-based jungle meta?

Plus with the CDR blues changes, he could be really strong in 4.5

Boken

Banned
Hmm, I wonder how good Zed jungle is in S4? He used to have the fastest clears in the game before they nerfed the CD on his E, maybe he can fit right in this assassin-based jungle meta?

Plus with the CDR blues changes, he could be really strong in 4.5

dont do it

dont do it
After yesterday, I need some strong carry-ish jungler in my pocket in case draft captains decide to be dicks and just ban every single top tier jungler but Lee, and fuck if I'm playing Lee.

What the hell am I supposed to do instead, play Sejuani?

Mothman91

After yesterday, I need some strong carry-ish jungler in my pocket in case draft captains decide to be dicks and just ban every single top tier jungler but Lee, and fuck if I'm playing Lee.

Shyvana :)

Seriously though, I've carried with her a few times through the jungle doing the old saintvicious style jungling of just farming farming farming and coming out like a fucking bear out of a cave.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me

werent you having good luck with eve?

werent you having good luck with eve?
Luck is an understatement, I just tear Silver a new one with her lol

But I can't rely on her 100% of the time because she might get banned or picked. She's my absolute main right now, but I gotta have backup junglers - which in my case are Kha Zix, Elise, Panth, Monkey and Vi, but again, high chances of bans. I need something out of the LCS picks as a plan B.

Type2

watching the inhouse vod's from last night, type's fixed camera perspective feels so strange to me.
---
pankaks bubbles udyr and secures a kill but only gets blamed because gamma died in lane.
support life is the rough life.

edit: neko bringing out his top quinn and wrecking face, nice.
edit2: type got a little tilted :(

Dude its the worst feeling when you play someone like thresh or lee after you haven't for a while. That thresh performance def put me on tilt for about 2 1/2 games.
Brought it back with the eve game. The wukong game upset me because of team picks and lack of a sightstone.

Also did we blame pankaks? I thought i was pretty impressed with bot during the game.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Luck is an understatement, I just tear Silver a new one with her lol

But I can't rely on her 100% of the time because she might get banned or picked. She's my absolute main right now, but I gotta have backup junglers - which in my case are Kha Zix, Elise, Panth, Monkey and Vi, but again, high chances of bans. I need something out of the LCS picks as a plan B.
maybe i never bothered to ntoice, but i didnt think eve was really contested in our elo.

Dude its the worst feeling when you play someone like thresh or lee after you haven't for a while. That thresh performance def put me on tilt for about 2 1/2 games.
Brought it back with the eve game. The wukong game upset me because of team picks and lack of a sightstone.
yeah the wukong game seemed rough on you, but you seemed to pull it together through the morg game and eve was ofcourse a great game for you.

Also did we blame pankaks? I thought i was pretty impressed with bot during the game.
not you, just gamma. he died solo in lane while you guys killed udyr.

88% win ratio with Varus before buying skin.

Lose every game since using skin.

It's weird to me how many people I've seen obviously playing Varus just because they got that skin. Like, it's an okay skin, but it doesn't seem like something you play a champion you wouldn't otherwise play for?

I've seen probably five times as much Varus today as I saw Ashe after Heartseeker.

It's weird to me how many people I've seen obviously playing Varus just because they got that skin. Like, it's an okay skin, but it doesn't seem like something you play a champion you wouldn't otherwise play for?

I've seen probably five times as much Varus today as I saw Ashe after Heartseeker.

Funnily enough, I think Ashe is better than Varus at the moment too.

garath

Play hecarim or amumu. :)

Seriously. Varus was a contested pick every single normal I've played Lol. I actually play him so it was very frustrating. The skin is just as good as heartseeker Ashe. They are really knocking it out of the park with the latest skins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom