• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Type2

I just want to have my ass covered in case I can't pick her. If they ban all the other junglers then I'll have to lane, and then you know how good my laning is at the moment.
Nocturne, amumu,udyr,gragas and yi never get banned. Assuming the other jungler is also banned out any of these are great.

I've had games where each side bans three junglers.

Nocturne, amumu,udyr,gragas and yi never get banned. Assuming the other jungler is also banned out any of these are great.

I've had games where each side bans three junglers.

You're not going to see Diana or Aatrox bans, either, for that matter. No way to ban out a carry jungler right now if they're dead set on doing it.

Type2

Noc and fatman are good ideas. Did they fix Noc's fear?
It's not that bad. Long as you land the q on the feared target your autos should do the trick. You can build carry into bruiser and the spellshield saves lives. I believe the new rune changes might make him really strong.

Edit: hecarim is fun and can be strong. You need items though both tanky and damage to be useful. I've seen people carry and rush trinity and still get rekt. He's tough to pick if the other jungler can bully you. Granted you can run away but he will snatch your camps.
p.s I still love and will play pony

Aatrox is a lot scarier this season, yeah. He actually has really strong carry scaling on top of his free GA. Like, when people think of "Aatrox Jungle" they're usually imagining this dude with two Doran's Blades and a Giant's Belt and how scary that was. Compared to the shit he gets up to with an Elder Lizard -> Tiamat those are fond memories.

He's actually better built for Wriggle's path, so maybe when the Feral Flare gets added he can use it. Not worth it right now, though.

Burt

attachment.php
what have I done

Type2

Aatrox is a lot scarier this season, yeah. He actually has really strong carry scaling on top of his free GA. Like, when people think of "Aatrox Jungle" they're usually imagining this dude with two Doran's Blades and a Giant's Belt and how scary that was. Compared to the shit he gets up to with an Elder Lizard -> Tiamat those are fond memories.

He's actually better built for Wriggle's path, so maybe when the Feral Flare gets added he can use it. Not worth it right now, though.
Another jungler who with the new atk spd rune changes should be stronger. I recall the reason he was so great was the bloodwell and free atk spd he got making his clears smooth.

drawkcaB

sure, he has 4% hp regen and still has his ranged barrells so he can still function, n is like a better version of mid sejuani

Why stop at mid? He's going to be a better Sejuani at all roles. All her CC with more damage and tankiness. Already planning on learning him.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Why stop at mid? He's going to be a better Sejuani at all roles. All her CC with more damage and tankiness. Already planning on learning him.
he looks like a worse sejuani with a trundle passive to me.

sure, he has 4% hp regen and still has his ranged barrells so he can still function, n is like a better version of mid sejuani
mid sejuani scales better than him now. :p

DeadNames

Banned
If you guys are looking for new junglers, play Amumu. Scary ganks, scales like Jesus, amazing team fights. New jungle makes it harder to shut him down and with the spirit items, he sustains out the a.

If you guys are looking for new junglers, play Amumu. Scary ganks, scales like Jesus, amazing team fights. New jungle makes it harder to shut him down and with the spirit items, he sustains out the a.
Playing Amumu in Silver is like inviting invades every single game, I'll pass since my team will most likely get caught and die.

Tizoc

What should be the first item I make for Diana?
Also what do you think of these items to equip on Diana:
Nashor's Tooth
Iceborn Gauntlet
Athene's Unholy Grail
Abyssal Sceptre

Why do you need to?
Because it's Silver, they see Amumu they either try to invade or try to kill me at red like a Trick2g wannabe

Nashor's Tooth
Iceborn Gauntlet
Athene's Unholy Grail
Abyssal Sceptre
If you're going for a Sheen item, get a Lich Bane instead of Iceborn

AcridMeat

Banned
It's time we start a pro aram tournament.
pg1p5S7.png

Put me in coach I'm ready to be a star. That Vel'Koz game was ~13 minutes we got absolutely crushed from their comp. Plus playing 4v5. That was my first time as the new Xerath he's super fun now. Kept screwing up his ultimate though, I'm not used to pressing R multiple times.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Because it's Silver, they see Amumu they either try to invade or try to kill me at red like a Trick2g wannabe
Level 2/3 invades are really hard to be successful on with trinkets. Amumu's early game doesn't really open him up to invades because he is decently tanky off the bat. I really don't think invades like that are very common or worthwhile right now.

DeadNames

Banned
Level 2/3 invades are really hard to be successful on with trinkets. Amumu's early game doesn't really open him up to invades because he is decently tanky off the bat. I really don't think invades like that are very common or worthwhile right now.

Yup. And snowball changes mean he can come back later.

Amumu's a really weak duelist, especially early, but in solo queue it mostly comes down to whether top/mid are actually paying attention and not picking their nose as to who wins a jungle invade. Like it's all well and good to say "Lee Sin always beats Amumu Lv2" but then Renekton and LeBlanc collapse while your laners just chill out and CS and suddenly life is terrible.

garath

Amumu's a really weak duelist, especially early, but in solo queue it mostly comes down to whether top/mid are actually paying attention and not picking their nose as to who wins a jungle invade. Like it's all well and good to say "Lee Sin always beats Amumu Lv2" but then Renekton and LeBlanc collapse while your laners just chill out and CS and suddenly life is terrible.

I think every midlaner needs to play jungle a few times and get invaded. They have to learn to respond. "But I had a big wave". Well now you'll get free run by the enemy jungler while yours tries to catch up.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I just think it's really easy to avoid a level two fight, and it's too risky/big of a waste of time to invade on it. As long as the trinket goes in the right place there's the chance of it being smited away. If they are just sitting around watching the buff just back off, don't do it and let them waste their time. Even if they steal a buff it's not really the end of the world anymore.

I just think it's really easy to avoid a level two fight, and it's too risky/big of a waste of time to invade on it. As long as the trinket goes in the right place there's the chance of it being smited away. If they are just sitting around watching the buff just back off, don't do it and let them waste their time. Even if they steal a buff it's not really the end of the world anymore.

But when Amumu walks into his buff camp and there's nothing there he looks so sad. :(

Nekofrog

Banned
I really really really want to like Sejuani jungle. I did it last night and it ended up working fantastic.

But standing around, auto'ing jungle creeps that I've brought down to 1/4 health with all my skills.. for practically 10 more seconds until I actually kill it is dumb.

drawkcaB

Pandaman said:
he looks like a worse sejuani with a trundle passive to me.

As he is on the PBE, no. Significantly better. Just fooled around in a custom with him. He feels way, way better. He doesn't even have any of her nonsense like %max health physical damage on a champion who will never buy ArPen.

I'm having trouble thinking of a single thing Sej does unarguably better than PBE Gragas.

Every single jungler can do a red start.

Nekofrog said:
But standing around, auto'ing jungle creeps that I've brought down to 1/4 health with all my skills.. for practically 10 more seconds until I actually kill it is dumb.
Today 12:00 PM

Wasn't an issue last season when jungle camp's health was more spread out. I'm of the mind all Sej needs is a decent (+4) bump to her starting AD. I had to stop playing her because it's too frustrating.

Tizoc

If you're going for a Sheen item, get a Lich Bane instead of Iceborn

What do you mean by Sheen item? I could use Iceborn if I'm up against an AD only/focused team.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
As he is on the PBE, no. Significantly better. Just fooled around in a custom with him. He feels way, way better. He doesn't even have any of her nonsense like %max health physical damage on a champion who will never buy ArPen.

I'm having trouble thinking of a single thing Sej does unarguably better than PBE Gragas.
well, she scales harder, is faster, has a longer ranged gapcloser, benefits from tank items better and has better CC.

Type2

But Gragas weighs more, even counting Bristle.
Invades aren't that serious. Have the team spread out and get vision. If you know nobody is at blue you can even smite early and run straight to red and smite it. Then clear a camp. Amumu has a crazy fast clear speed. Also tell your laners to be ready to collapse and ward behind your red before you take it.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Nashor's Tooth
Iceborn Gauntlet
Athene's Unholy Grail
Abyssal Sceptre

Hourglass or Abyssal is your must have first/second item. Which one to buy first depend on how well you are doing in lane, losing to ap = abyssal, doing well enough for a Large Rod first back = hourglass. After those 2 items just let your imagination go wild.

Invades aren't that serious. Have the team spread out and get vision. If you know nobody is at blue you can even smite early and run straight to red and smite it. Then clear a camp. Amumu has a crazy fast clear speed. Also tell your laners to be ready to collapse and ward behind your red before you take it.

Amumu can clear pretty fast, sure, but it doesn't make Gragas any less fat.

drawkcaB

well, she scales harder, is faster, has a longer ranged gapcloser, benefits from tank items better and has better CC.

She is absolutely not faster in the jungle. She's slow as hell and gets beat up. New Gragas can Q(to throw)-prep W-E-AA(with W damage boost) and Q(explode) and Bam dead camp save the big monster who'll only need a few AA - and this is starting at level 4. With Spirit Stone he can get this full rotation off at every camp with only a small hit to his mana pool. Sejuani is a depressing joke vs. jungle camps.

I disagree with better CC as well. It's all trade-offs, tied at best. Sejuani slow is stronger, but New Gragas can apply his at range. Knock-up vs. Stun on first target hit makes little difference. As far as ults, depends on teamcomp. AoE team, Sej is better. Pick-off/Assassin comp, New Gragas is better. Sej ult is better at engage, Gragas ult better at disengage.

Scale harder? That would be nice if she scaled hard like Amumu or even Zac, but her scaling isn't good enough to justify that deadful early game. Benefits from tank items better? Are you referring to that 10% bonus health on her W? At 4000 health, she gains ~200 damage over 4 seconds. That's nothing to brag about. Otherwise a full tank New Gragas will get just as much benefit out of that sort of build.

drawkcaB

Sejuani can Q through minions though, but eh rarely an issue for Gragas.

Yes, that's true. She has other small advantages like this, but from what I'm playing right now they just aren't worth it to pick her. Whether its Amumu or PBE Gragas, there's a champion that does what she can do better. It's frustrating to see champions who've always had low play rates be left in the dust like this.

two straight games of "adc is my worst role this is what happens when you force me into it" and i have been demoted

i missed you, ranked

Listen, if you're last pick you just have to accept you're going to be stuck on ADC. You can't expect to get a hot position like support unless you're first pick, c'mon.

ALN1031

The funny thing was, before you edited this post, it said:

So yeah, I guess people do have a difficult time with it. :p Plus it's hard to last hit if you do bad early and don't get big swords. Or if you have a suicidal support.

i switch it on my mouse, but i realized most people don't have it set like that. lol.

Blizzard

Banned
I realized yesterday that the only time i ever left click in game is when i set my trinket. thats weird.
Speaking of which, I had a horribly annoying bug last night: I couldn't place the trinket, since it would play the "cannot place" sound every time I pressed the button, yet the indicator showed it was off cooldown. Someone told me it was really on cooldown so presumably if I had waited a few minutes it might have worked.

But, I finally got so annoyed at not being able to ward over the base walls as we were being pressured, I went back to base to sell it and rebuy it, and right at that moment the other team pushed the inhibitor, and my GAF mumble teammates got mad at me for not being there. :'( I'm very sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom