• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Please stop inviting Summons to in house games. It causes too many problems.
I don't think it's fair for you to try to non-stop talk into the microphone, telling me to shut up, when you won't do it yourself -- you don't get to tell other people to do it unless you play by the same rules, no?

For context, I saw me and support bot lane, soda cop in bot jungle far away from us. Lane pushed near our tower, we were way down in levels and power so we didn't have a way to get there safely.

I didn't hear very well on mumble, so it sounded like soda cop said something like "summons go bot, fuck you". I then said I was bot lane already, what did he mean, since I was really confused (support started going towards soda cop to help him but I think he died before they could get near because we didn't have wards).

Soda cop then responded by saying was I really that braindead, just stop talking, never talk, etc.

All I was asking was, please clarify -- I thought soda cop was telling me to go somewhere and yelling at me because I wasn't. I didn't realize soda cop said he was going somewhere, and in the context of where we were on the map and our levels, it made no sense for us to try to save him.

Boken

Banned
'at least u can somewhat kite'
ban all ranged classes.

but srsly, half of those hve massive gapclosers
and are mucho harder to kill

I don't think it's fair for you to try to non-stop talk into the microphone, telling me to shut up, when you won't do it yourself -- you don't get to tell other people to do it unless you play by the same rules, no?

For context, I saw me and support bot lane, soda cop in bot jungle far away from us. Lane pushed near our tower, we were way down in levels and power so we didn't have a way to get there safely.

I didn't hear very well on mumble, so it sounded like soda cop said something like "summons go bot, fuck you". I then said I was bot lane already, what did he mean, since I was really confused (support started going towards soda cop to help him but I think he died before they could get near because we didn't have wards).

Soda cop then responded by saying was I really that braindead, just stop talking, never talk, etc.

All I was asking was, please clarify -- I thought soda cop was telling me to go somewhere and yelling at me because I wasn't. I didn't realize soda cop said he was going somewhere, and in the context of where we were on the map and our levels, it made no sense for us to try to save him.

ill need a VOD of this

Blizzard

Banned
ill need a VOD of this
The VOD would just have me playing ADC like trash against Sivir and Thresh, I've played really badly the last two days.

The mic conflict was because I misunderstood what was said, and received insults when I asked for clarification.

About Ryze, did his snare range get increased in the last month or so? I got caught by it when I thought I was outside of its range in my last game.

zkylon

zkylewd
'at least u can somewhat kite'
ban all ranged classes.

but srsly, half of those hve massive gapclosers
and are mucho harder to kill
no ranged champion should be able to two shoot you, be unkillable and run at like 450 ms. oh and point and click cc! i really should've been smarter and gotten to plat before it was too late. he's back :(

like when people's listing the amount of free crap grago gets they should look at ryze. that guy's got an irelia-like list of random crap in his kit just to justify his low range.

and like shyvanna, mundo, renek and trundle have relatively weak cc and like their gapclosers aren't that "massive". like a lot of them being super broken comes with sivir comps and whatnot, even if they do get in your face pretty easily (specially shyvanna).

i get that toplaners hate tank meta but i just hate ryze with a passion

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Do you still not get it? You do not listen. Ever. You are so incredibly uncooperative in every single game and you can't even preform the simplest task of not talking. Do you know why I asked you to stop talking? Because all you were doing for the next few minutes after the failed gank was trying to incite a greater argument by belaboring the point that I didn't say it right. If you didn't hear the call just say that, but you clearly did because you argued for minutes over the fact that I said "going bot", which you were unable to understand because I did not clarify that I personally was going bot, or that I was doing it to gank. You are painfully obtuse and confrontational, and your incapacity to work with other players or understand basic human communication makes having you on the team physically painful.

Blizzard

Banned
Do you still not get it? You do not listen. Ever. You are so incredibly uncooperative in every single game and you can't even preform the simplest task of not talking. Do you know why I asked you to stop talking? Because all you were doing for the next few minutes after the failed gank was trying to incite a greater argument by belaboring the point that I didn't say it right. If you didn't hear the call just say that, but you clearly did because you argued for minutes over the fact that I said "going bot", which you were unable to understand because I did not clarify that I personally was going bot, or that I was doing it to gank. You are painfully obtuse and confrontational, and your incapacity to work with other players or understand basic human communication makes having you on the team physically painful.
Why not just say "Help in jungle" or use assist ping or "Oh, I said I was going bot" instead of starting the whole thing with an obscenity, and immediately following up with insults?

I try to listen, but some people are very hard to understand (tonight I literally turned the game volume down multiple times and turned system volume up), and sometimes (as in your case) it was such a dangerous situation and there seemed so obviously nothing we could do, that I did not, and do not, see why you would be trying to go bot lane in that situation, through the jungle/mid with no ward coverage and 2-3 enemies missing.

Even if I did understand you in that situation, and even if you were being polite instead of confrontational, isn't it extremely unlikely there was no positive outcome that a half health Morgana and a pushed, underleveled bot lane could have produced with you there? Trying to have any sort of teamfight in the jungle would be one of the very last things we would want to do.

Thanks to Pielad for putting up with me despite my playing though. I'm trying to work on adc postioning and judging where I need to be on the map better, but I have been playing very much on tilt the last two days.

Boken

Banned
srsly guys we dont have to make a gaf relationship chart

soem people you just dont put on the same team

invite blizzard but dont put him on some ppls teams

Blizzard

Banned
Bring back the chartz!

But yeah, I'm fine with avoiding certain people's teams, or skipping certain games if there are people it would cause problems with. I'll try to learn to listen to calls better if I understand them -- we might want to try to use the smartpings too, since those are clear even if some people don't have mic on or aren't hearing as well.

Speaking of Shyvana, I can never get her fireball to work right, how does effectively utilize it?

It does a debuff that makes you do %hp magic damage on auto attacks afaik. So just use it at the start of a fight, or use it to cs.

My problem is not that the top/mid meta is changing, it's that it's Ryze. You have champions like Malzahar, Swain, Galio etc who take skill to play yet are never really viable, and then you go and buff a mindless champ like Ryze.

Tizoc

It does a debuff that makes you do %hp magic damage on auto attacks afaik. So just use it at the start of a fight, or use it to cs.

My problem is not that the top/mid meta is changing, it's that it's Ryze. You have champions like Malzahar, Swain, Galio etc who take skill to play yet are never really viable, and then you go and buff a mindless champ like Ryze.

I meant more in the sense of actually HITTING someone with it. Normally I just move the mouse over a target and fire, but then the champ moves away and doesn't get debuffed. Or worse is if the mouse isn't behind or over the champion and Shyvana just fires elsewhere...

I meant more in the sense of actually HITTING someone with it. Normally I just move the mouse over a target and fire, but then the champ moves away and doesn't get debuffed. Or worse is if the mouse isn't behind or over the champion and Shyvana just fires elsewhere...

Is this a problem you have with all skill shots?

Just smartcast everything, put your cursor over where you think the enemy will be in 0.5s time, and press e. With Shyvana you can often just run up to them with w first and e in point blank range.

Boken

Banned

its a skillshot...

I was kidding about the shipping grid. I don't actually have one of those. I'm not even entirely clear on why you would need a grid, unless people are super promiscuous. (oh my i see why now)

Tizoc

She's pretty weak in lane at the moment imo. Try jungle her, you can likely do it without any runes since her clear when maxing w is pretty good.

I don't really like to jungle since that also involves me going in for ganks, and when my only equipment is the one that helps against Monsters...

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Why not just say "Help in jungle" or use assist ping or "Oh, I said I was going bot" instead of starting the whole thing with an obscenity, and immediately following up with insults?

I try to listen, but some people are very hard to understand (tonight I literally turned the game volume down multiple times and turned system volume up), and sometimes (as in your case) it was such a dangerous situation and there seemed so obviously nothing we could do, that I did not, and do not, see why you would be trying to go bot lane in that situation, through the jungle/mid with no ward coverage and 2-3 enemies missing.

To be fair, both me and Pielad(who was right next to you) were heading toward soda after hearing he say "going bot", you were the only one staying under tower. I even keep saying "I am coming, I am coming", and Pielad were actively commenting he is heading to the ambush. What else do you need? A letter invitation?

When Soda call you out, you redirect the whole argument from "why didn't you follow us" to "the true meaning of 'going bot'".

I think the biggest problem I had with you is when the a call is being made, and you disagree with the decision, you would leave the team and do your own stuff. Then whole plan got fucked because either you came in late, or never show up, you would start commenting why "the plan is a bad idea". It is either you agree with the call, or all of us going to "learn a valuable lesson" by wiping a 4v5. May be when you feel merciful you would dive in to 1v5 afterward for an ace to let us know "you tried". Well fuck I am sorry all 4 of us are stupid as shit and can't think at your level.

There are nothing more frustrating than ganking your lane, went all in, then saw you back off and said "yeah I am not going there, jungle's mia, mid is no where to be see, bot is gone, jesus not resurrected yet". Well thanks I guess I will take the free trip back to the nexus, i hope you got a lot of cs.

That is why kayos never want you to be ad carry, the whole team will tank and peel for you, just to found out you ran half way back across the map. "Yeah that fight was a bad idea because bah bah bah bah bah", and if we ever won the argument that it was your fault, you would pull the victim card "yeah sorry I am a bad player". Or the best, "I can't hear you with mumble", "I can't understand kiunch", "I didn't hear that", I mean you didn't see all the pings in the map? Our whole team clashed with the enemy team?

Tizoc

How does one go about using Soraka? I see she's AP focused, but how often does one use her healing abilities?

Blizzard

Banned
To be fair, both me and Pielad(who was right next to you) were heading toward soda after hearing he say "going bot", you were the only one staying under tower. I even keep saying "I am coming, I am coming", and Pielad were actively commenting he is heading to the ambush. What else do you need? A letter invitation?
I literally do not remember hearing you say that at all. :( I don't know what to tell you, so I can only assume I totally blanked out.

When Soda call you out, you redirect the whole argument from "why didn't you follow us" to "the true meaning of 'going bot'".
This is because Soda both started and immediately followed up with insults/obscenities. I already explained in detail why I didn't follow, and I'm surprised Pielad even started to.

I think the biggest problem I had with you is when the a call is being made, and you disagree with the decision, you would leave the team and do your own stuff. Then whole plan got fucked because either you came in late, or never show up, you would start commenting why "the plan is a bad idea". It is either you agree with the call, or all of us going to "learn a valuable lesson" by wiping a 4v5. May be when you feel merciful you would dive in to 1v5 afterward for an ace to let us know "you tried". Well fuck I am sorry all 4 of us are stupid as shit and can't think at your level.
I honestly probably should try to follow calls even if I think it's certain doom and someone else didn't see something, like the times recently when I've danger pinged to warn about blitzcrank or thresh, and someone would literally get grabbed within like 3 seconds by walking where I just pinged.

I'm personally fine even if we do wipe, and if I know I'm playing with people who want this to happen (people in solo queue games can be this way for example) -- I'm happy to follow the plan even if we all die.

BUT, if you're going to ask for that, we have to clarify who gets to make the calls and who doesn't. Do I? Probably not, I'm very obviously not at the level of you, Newt, and most other players, I'm low silver. (NOT AN EXCUSE, a direct observation from our current borders / ranked positions) Do you? Maybe, though you're aware that we all give you crap about bad baron calls. Does Soda Cop? Does whoever is the jungler? Maybe, all of those are things that could be decided on.

But then, what do you do when (as happened I think yesterday) you literally have two people who AREN'T me making conflicting calls? I can kind of wander around near the group like sea monkeys, as Boken calls us, but that's super difficult, so I either have to wander, or make a decision myself. Making team calls by committee is difficult in such a reactive game.

There are nothing more frustrating than ganking your lane, went all in, then saw you back off and said "yeah I am not going there, jungle's mia, mid is no where to be see, bot is gone, jesus not resurrected yet". Well thanks I guess I will take the free trip back to the nexus, i hope you got a lot of cs.
Are you talking about a different game here? If you came bot and went all in I certainly don't remember it that game, and it wouldn't have made sense for you to do it since I fell behind so early.

That is why kayos never want you to be ad carry, the whole team will tank and peel for you, just to found out you ran half way back across the map. "Yeah that fight was a bad idea because bah bah bah bah bah", and if we ever won the argument that it was your fault, you would pull the victim card "yeah sorry I am a bad player". Or the best, "I can't hear you with mumble", "I can't understand kiunch", "I didn't hear that", I mean you didn't see all the pings in the map? Our whole team clashed with the enemy team?
I do not mean this to be offensive in any way, but you are honestly probably the most difficult person out of all LoLGAF to understand on the mic. It could just be a personal problem for me.

If you ping, especially if it's the assist ping or the "on my way" ping then that would be awesome. I already posted earlier saying can we please use smart pings, since that would really clarify in some situations.

Yes I do make bad calls sometimes, and call myself out for that. I'm not trying to say I'm a victim if I make mistakes, I make mistakes because of a sequence of thought processes (so if someone keeps badgering me afterwards about why I did that, I explain the reasoning behind the decision). If the decision was BAD, yes, I think it is honest and fair to admit it. It's not an excuse, it is an acknowledgement that if the situation comes up again, I need to react differently.

I feel I am bad at learning longterm and applying these things over time, both in life and league of legends -- I forget really simple lessons I learned already, and 10 games later I may make a mistake again. I am not saying I am a victim in this sense, I am trying to be self-analytical and say that that's the assessment I feel is true. Maybe there are tricks I can do to change that.

I think as a very high-level observation about why I sometimes annoy you and others, my instinct is to explain my reasoning if someone is yelling at me. It's because I feel I am being asked to explain or accused of having no motivation for an action. The problem with this is, people may take this as giving an excuse, instead of stating the honest reason why I did something. Is there any way around this besides just remaining silent? I'm not sure, depending on the person.

Newt

How does one go about using Soraka? I see she's AP focused, but how often does one use her healing abilities?
battle_banana_soraka__by_almighty_popsicle-d5fg8cb.png

Boken

Banned
look if you guys cant deal with shit with minimal fuss, just take it to PM

wtf newt

ps:
iwyuhXOLQbV8v.png

i like how soda n blizz r rite next to each other but they hate each other irl like sibling rivalry or somefin

here i was thinking about leveling a na smurf and suddenly all this talk about yelling

I'm spamming NA ARAMs.

It's a terrible idea, apparently it's Twisted Fate free weak so I have to watch people fail at playing him so hard it hurts. (Not-particularly-protip: the start of your combo as TF is AA with gold card, not throwing Wild Cards while the enemy wanders out of AA range.)

Soraka's a draenei, she fell off the Draenei Enterprise when it was passing over Runeterra on its way to Azeroth for the expansion. I'm pretty sure that's canon. That's why she can call down stars on people, she was bombarded with cosmic radiation during her descent.

Like The Thing!

zkylon

zkylewd
noooo

Come to NA :).
i forgot how changing regions works

like, does it need to download language packs or something? i already have the game in english to spare myself from the strangely argie-sounding lux from las so i wouldn't like it if i switched to na, then switch back and have ugly lux :<

but like i don't like yelling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom