• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont see any waifus
it was amusing

idont know what manga it is and i think i prefer it that way
It's Cromartie High School. It has a gorilla and Freddy Mercury attending the same class in it. Read!

Teemo players, how do you fight Yorick?
You hope he's a dumb-dumb that buys Tear, then you'll at least stand a chance if you can harrass him early. Otherwise, you don't want to fight him.

Any rate, just finished my 5 game jungle Trundle set. Did quite well outside of this one game where I just fucked up, like non-stop. Its a 3/7/7 score and it doesn't do that catastrophe justice. He's better at ganking vs. some champions than I would have expected, but I imagine lots of that is from players at my scrubby level not knowing how to deal with pillar. The nice part was that I was fed a nice stream of Nasus tops, Rammus jungles, and other such champions that Trundle is a great pick against.
Going to be hard pairing down my jungle picks to 4-5 champions, and I can see Trundle not making the the cut just because I still feel he may be situational.
I wouldn't really call him situational, though truthfully he doesn't make for the greatest first pick regardless of his role. He's very strong against engage junglers like Pantheon and Vi (while also consistently beating them in a 1 vs 1 duel with the right build) and even as a jungler he has the tools to be a pest for the majority of the common top laners. Effective against most re-occuring bot lane champions too: Thresh, Leona, Annie to some extent, Sivir, Jinx, Draven et cetera. You either steal their extra resists or they can't easily bypass a Pillar with some points in it. Lucian can be a tough opponent to handle though out of the popular picks, but jungle Trundle synergizes very well with him as well as with the other highly-contested supports / AD ranged if you're on their side. Enemy mid laners like Zed or LeBlanc are your main concern however, since you can't gank them easily unless they're being foolish with their aggression. Preferably you want a poke champion as your allied mid laner too, but it's not like Trundle and assassins don't co-operate well if that's the way your team comp turns out.

The only glaring flaw (one I mentioned before) is that he doesn't really have a jungle item that both provides him a steady income and noticeably improved camp clearing (victim of Wriggle's being shit), but the lost gold is partially compensated with how little effort he requires to score many assists. Beyond that I generally don't feel at a disadvantage whenever I pick him (vs Plat or Diamond players included), and if I perform badly it's mostly due to me having made the wrong decisions rather than handicapping myself with a 'niche' champion.

Fuzzery

K might not be trying too hard this game though, S getting a win here go will a long way into letting them get out of groups

I'm curious:

D you guys prefer Botrk or hydra on Trundle?
BotRK always. The active is too good to pass up, same for the attack speed to go with your W.
They're both good on him, but it depends on the situation. Hydra is better for splitpushing and offers more immediate sustain if you expect the enemy (like a melee-heavy team comp) to pile up on you in teamfights, whereas Blade of the Ruined King will be your go-to lifesteal item on him if you know you can auto-attack any number of champions for an extended period of time. BoRK wouldn't be as efficient of a purchase if multiple enemies can keep their distance from you with relative ease, in other words.

Although not relevant to your question, Trinity Force is also a great offensive item on Trundle under the right circumstances.

Tizoc

So our Brand and Yasuo players got into a chat fight and then Brand decided to sit it out. Reported the loser.
I was half tempted to butt in but decided against due to chatting getting in the way of my spell casting =V

BotRK always. The active is too good to pass up, same for the attack speed to go with your W.

They're both good on him, but it depends on the situation. Hydra is better for splitpushing and offers more immediate sustain if you expect the enemy (like a melee-heavy team comp) to pile up on you in teamfights, whereas Blade of the Ruined King will be your go-to lifesteal item on him if you know you can auto-attack any number of champions for an extended period of time. BoRK wouldn't be as efficient of a purchase if multiple enemies can keep their distance from you with relative ease, in other words.

Although not relevant to your question, Trinity Force is also a great offensive item on Trundle under the right circumstances.

Thanks for the answers.

I usually go for Botrk but I was wondering after seeing people rushing hydra...

As for trinity I never thought much about it before but it does sounds good. I'll be trying that.

No more eunnarae or chobra.

OGN has gone so downhill :(

New interviewer doesn't look bad.

Tizoc

Using shyvana in this match.
Oponents have a Garen, should I consider armor penetration or just go with regular build?
...and what should my last item be? I once went Spirit+Sunfire+Randuin, then made BoRK.
Got a little stumped what to make next.
Warmog, another weapon...maybe get 2 weapons that give movement speed to make up for my boots?

Boken

Banned
theyre not reworking kassadin to have less burst btw

theyre lowering his bases but biggest of all, making it so that AD casters will give him more of a hard time

theyre not reworking kassadin to have less burst btw

theyre lowering his bases but biggest of all, making it so that AD casters will give him more of a hard time
He still has burst, but he lost a lot of early scaling and base damages. His lategame is probably much stronger though, he's going to be like a super Ryze that jumps wherever the fuck he wants.

But now you get to be able to actually fight him back.

Boken

Banned
maybe the next VU is lee sin? hmmm

He still has burst, but he lost a lot of early scaling and base damages. His lategame is probably much stronger though, he's going to be like a super Ryze that jumps wherever the fuck he wants.

But now you get to be able to actually fight him back.

idk, his new huge lategame seems super dangerous for riot too - the snowball potential is gonna be cray cray. im surprised the scaling on his Q and his E are the same as live now + his W is a huge melee nuke now + his ult is 3s cd at max rank (but the mana cost rises a lot faster)

Edwardo

Caught the second CJ Frost vs Midad FIO match. Gonna watch the SK matches and the first cj midas match on the rebroadcast. I'm pumped that champions is back.

Very very unlikely. He still looks quite good.

Taric and Eve are also out of the question since they're having trouble with their themes.

Boken

Banned
Mordekaiser or Chogath would be quite possible, I think.

next one is 'a rework everybody will love' so it seems like a high playrate old duder.

wa1iCMe.png

either leesin or blitzcrank!

i guess it could be blitzcrank because hes conceptually really easy. but his clunkiness is acceptable cos hes a shitty robot

Leezard

next one is 'a rework everybody will love' so it seems like a high playrate old duder.

http://i.imgur.com/wa1iCMe.png[IMG]

either leesin or blitzcrank!

i guess it could be blitzcrank because hes conceptually really easy. but his clunkiness is acceptable cos hes a shitty robot[/QUOTE]

Ah, I see. Teemo it is then. :D

idk, his new huge lategame seems super dangerous for riot too - the snowball potential is gonna be cray cray. im surprised the scaling on his Q and his E are the same as live now + his W is a huge melee nuke now + his ult is 3s cd at max rank (but the mana cost rises a lot faster)
The damage on his ult with no stacks got completely gutted though. He lost a 80% ratio for a 30% ratio and like 50 base on his W, but only being able to use it once instead of 5 seconds.

Lategame when he starts ulting more than once over the course of a fight yeah, he'll be a lot stronger. But earlier on his burst is lowered a lot.

Tizoc

This match GAF.
THIS EFFIN' MATCH.
MqlSQbr.jpg

So I'm helping Zac with a little jungling when Garen and Yasuo gank us, Zac and Hem get pissed then but afterwards Zac calmed down. We farmed well at top but oh god were the Garen and Yasuo playing so bizarre I'd have to say they're drunk.

Garen is all 'LEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY', eventually we all went mid and that's when we started wasting them every minute.
You would not believe the ring arounds we did chasing this drunk Garen player.
After Randuin I said eff it and made BoRK, got Mercury to counter Velkoz a little and to trim down yasuo's and others crowd control.

Eventually we took down the mid inhibitor, pressured a little then they surrendered.

cHinzo

plkLdfw.png

Finally made it to Diamond for the first time! It was a lot easier, without the bullshit LP clamping in Divison 1.

Thought I was gettin trolled at champ select when our first pick instalocked Miss Fortune at mid vs a Lulu and our Karthus top got counterpicked by an Akali (also, who even still plays Graves?!). :| Our teamfighting with all those AoE skills were sick though. Aced them at the second time we tried to do Drake at 17 minutes in and got a baron off it. Diamond feels good. :p

8HGKrNR.jpg

Also, met Deficio in my first promo game. He's a great guy and we had a sick poke and counter-engage comp to crush the enemy team with.

garath

I think I'm going to give Talon jungle a shot next time I play. I feel like it can be pretty effective. Should be pretty decent clear early and godly clear with hydra. Ult plus ghostblade for surprise ganks with huge burst. Could work.

Boken

Banned
damn, the new gaf recruits are pretty skilled.

remember to join the channel "NeoGAF" on NA and EUW guys. (then u can carry me)

Tizoc

I would work on the farming a bit... you're sitting at 1.4 minions a minute. You should aim for about 5x of what you got that game in terms of CS.

Yeah this has been happening a lot recently. Once 1 upper turret is down I focus on helping them in the mid lane for team battles. In the past when I was starting out I'd just focus on my lane only and not help in the mid, doing so let me farm lots of Gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom