• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mothman91

i liked how everyone kept trying to call mothman's deaths but he always got away because lulu.

edit: i understand gaf's new found obsession with eve jungle. she's fun!
Lulu is so fun though.
I also feed to win.
d[-_-]b;105725429 said:
Want to play GAF inhouse too now, where do I sign up :O. Will let me see how bad i'm doing, csing still kills me as Ashe.
Stay in neogaf chat in LoL and usually around 8-9est they start playing.

Tizoc

As an AD your job is to take down single targets quickly, especially before they can take you down. It's a fun item for sure, but you lose a lot of damage taking it over something else and it goes against what people want from an ADC.

Got it, thanks guys.
I'll swap it with a bloodthirster or something that gives high atack power. Or I'll prob use an armor or something.

Man EVERY gam I played today in PvP has been a defeat, I don't think I'm doing nything wrong with Twitch...

I get what you're pointing out here, but BotRK also has AD, lifesteal, active heal with movespeed buff and damage on hit.

Pretty different to Hurricane.

The best way of describing the issue with Hurricane is that it's just a fuck tonne of attack speed and that's it, which is effectively useless. Like no champion in the game can utilise an item that only offers attack speed and nothing else.

zkylon

zkylewd
Got it, thanks guys.
I'll swap it with a bloodthirster or something that gives high atack power. Or I'll prob use an armor or something.

Man EVERY gam I played today in PvP has been a defeat, I don't think I'm doing nything wrong with Twitch...
adcs aren't very complicated

you build bt first for lifesteal, then statik for attackspeed+burst+waveclear (you can do phantom dancer instead if you want), then last whisper. get attack speed boots after bt or something

then you can buy an infinity edge or blade of the ruined king if you're not getting killed all the time, or a guardian angel/banshees veil/quicksilver sash if you need survivability

like as you play more you'll learn to switch the order of these up and some carries that are built differently (ezreal, vayne, etc.) but for now stick to this on all adcs

I get what you're pointing out here, but BotRK also has AD, lifesteal, active heal with movespeed buff and damage on hit.

Pretty different to Hurricane.

The best way of describing the issue with Hurricane is that it's just a fuck tonne of attack speed and that's it, which is effectively useless. Like no champion in the game can utilise an item that only offers attack speed and nothing else.
yea i know, just saying that it's not a problem with lack of crit but the passive and stats just not being good enough

dunno if hurricane could ever be tuned to be good, but feels like they could give it some love to make it a situational pick

Tizoc

In the case of Twitch though, would it be worth it to get his Attack Speed up to 2 so long as my attack power is high to match?

zkylon

zkylewd
BoTRK is a damage item. You're not buying it in place of PD/SS unless you're Genja.

just saying, not all as items have to have crit yo

if they tuned hurricane to be a useful thing that isn't going to be your main attack speed item like they did with bjork that might work

Maybe we're just all missing out on the genius of the BotRK -> BT -> Runaan's 0 crit build.

Genja still doesn't get credit if it works because he builds an IE with his pile of jank, though.

In the case of Twitch though, would it be worth it to get his Attack Speed up to 2 so long as my attack power is high to match?

so generally with Twitch 2 attack speed items are enough.

When I was playing a lot of Twitch, the general build was Blade of the Ruined King, Bezerker's Greaves and Statikk Shiv. This would be all the attack speed you need, as it also gave you good movement speed and better ability to kite. Also, the on-hit damage on Blade of the Ruined King is not reduced by the damage fall-off on piercing arrows in your ult.

You would then get an Infinity Edge so you just crit everything while giving you good AD, and then get a Last Whisper for armour penetration. Crit + Armour pen. + Blade of the Ruined King meant you would shred tanks, and with your ult on you would shred the entire enemy team from 700 range.

You would then get a defensive item so that you don't get blown up straight away, either Guardian's Angel or a Banshee's Veil, depending on the situation.

So your typical build would be Blade of the Ruined King -> Bezerker's Greaves -> Statikk Shiv -> Infinity Edge -> Last Whisper -> Bansheer's/GA.

That would give you enough of everything to become a complete monster. remember, you also get good attack speed from your stealth so going for more than those attack speed items is a waste, unless you're at full build and you're swapping your boots for a Zephyr.

Tizoc

so generally with Twitch 2 attack speed items are enough.

When I was playing a lot of Twitch, the general build was Blade of the Ruined King, Bezerker's Greaves and Statikk Shiv. This would be all the attack speed you need, as it also gave you good movement speed and better ability to kite. Also, the on-hit damage on Blade of the Ruined King is not reduced by the damage fall-off on piercing arrows in your ult.

You would then get an Infinity Edge so you just crit everything while giving you good AD, and then get a Last Whisper for armour penetration. Crit + Armour pen. + Blade of the Ruined King meant you would shred tanks, and with your ult on you would shred the entire enemy team from 700 range.

You would then get a defensive item so that you don't get blown up straight away, either Guardian's Angel or a Banshee's Veil, depending on the situation.

So your typical build would be Blade of the Ruined King -> Bezerker's Greaves -> Statikk Shiv -> Infinity Edge -> Last Whisper -> Bansheer's/GA.

That would give you enough of everything to become a complete monster. remember, you also get good attack speed from your stealth so going for more than those attack speed items is a waste, unless you're at full build and you're swapping your boots for a Zephyr.
Thanks for the info, I'll def. consider that build. EDIT: in certain cases my final item can be a weapon like say Bloodthirster.

Blizzard

Banned
edit: i understand gaf's new found obsession with eve jungle. she's fun!
I finally hopped back on the Eve jungle train the other day. I think we won but I didn't feel like I was doing too great in the jungle. Two key questions:

1. I picked one of the highest ranked guides on lolking for general build order, and it recommended AP items. I felt really weak both damaging champions and monsters that way. Is AD preferred?

2. The guide seemed to contradict itself about wraith vs. golem jungler items. Are those situational or is one best in most cases?

Thatoneguy

Neo Member
I finally hopped back on the Eve jungle train the other day. I think we won but I didn't feel like I was doing too great in the jungle. Two key questions:

1. I picked one of the highest ranked guides on lolking for general build order, and it recommended AP items. I felt really weak both damaging champions and monsters that way. Is AD preferred?

2. The guide seemed to contradict itself about wraith vs. golem jungler items. Are those situational or is one best in most cases?

I personally prefer the AD build since the missile speed on q was reduced. Building something along the lines of botrk and lizard elder provides a lot of upfront burst against jungle monsters and in ganks with her e. It gives her great sustain in the jungle as well. It's kind of popular to build her tanky lately. I honestly haven't seen her built with AP items in normals or ranked in quite a while.

1 - AP Eve is dead and buried, don't do it. The E change killed her good. Right now you'll want Elder Lizard + one damage item (BoTRK, Triforce or Iceborn Gauntlet, but I highly recommend BoTRK in pretty much any situation) then defensive bruiser stuff (Randuins, Banshee's, GA)

2 - Elder Lizard always, it's the one item you'll get every single game, no exceptions

Tizoc

Now this was an amazing match!
giQzT2C.jpg

At one point we all died, Diana first, and th opposition was charging at our Nexus, we managed to takethem down with the Nexus at 1%!

We balanced our offense and defense as best as we can, their Wukong, Xerath and Malphite attempted stealth attacks on us, but Yasuo and me managed to take them down too.
We managed to take down 2 inhibitors afterwards and win the game.
I didn't think a defensive item would've helped much, unless my team ganged up on the remaining enemies.

Type2

1 - AP Eve is dead and buried, don't do it. The E change killed her good. Right now you'll want Elder Lizard + one damage item (BoTRK, Triforce or Iceborn Gauntlet, but I highly recommend BoTRK in pretty much any situation) then defensive bruiser stuff (Randuins, Banshee's, GA)

2 - Elder Lizard always, it's the one item you'll get every single game, no exceptions
Pretty much this. Use enemy ward knowledge to you advantage. If they have a pink sometimes it's nice to leave it up and gank and alternative route to secure the kill. Then you disrespect the ward a bit and take it out.
If you know your wraiths or wolves are warded fake going one direction and go another when you restealth.

Edit: closer will you be my senpai?

Pretty much this. Use enemy ward knowledge to you advantage. If they have a pink sometimes it's nice to leave it up and gank and alternative route to secure the kill. Then you disrespect the ward a bit and take it out.
If you know your wraiths or wolves are warded fake going one direction and go another when you restealth.
I die a little inside when I see people buying pinks in lane vs Eve. It doesn't work, you're just making it oh so much easier for me to gank you by getting you confident since you have a pink and then I'll take the extra 30 gold after I'm done cleaning your innards off my heels.

Blizzard

Banned

Thank you very much, I will try this. 9/21/0 for bruiser AD route, or 21/9/0 and depend on items? Any gotchas on which skills are maxed first?

I'm guessing I can just use a normal AD rune page.

Now this was an amazing match!

We balanced our offense and defense as best as we can, their Wukong, Xerath and Malphite attempted stealth attacks on us, but Yasuo and me managed to take them down too.
We managed to take down 2 inhibitors afterwards and win the game.
I didn't think a defensive item would've helped much, unless my team ganged up on the remaining enemies.

Actually a Banshee's Veil would have really helped there instead of the Brutalizer. You already had sufficient damage, and they have a decent amount of magic damage, as well as the Banshee's spellshield potentially blocking Malphite ult or something.

Thank you very much, I will try this. 9/21/0 for bruiser AD route, or 21/9/0 and depend on items? Any gotchas on which skills are maxed first?

I'm guessing I can just use a normal AD rune page.
21/9/0 for maximum early game threat, you don't need to get that tanky because of your ult.

Skill order you'll want Q>E>W, because with stuff like BoTRK and Randuin's you'll have no trouble chasing people / disengaging.

I run flat AD reds, armor yellows, AP/lvl blues- will probably swap these for the new CDR/lvl blues - and flat AP quints. Flat AP quints will give you better early clearing speeds as opposed to more AD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom