• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those Wukong nerfs aren't bad at all. Making Q armor shred scale was a good way to nerf him.

LOL at the SotEL nerf though. I dislike super specific nerfs like that similar to top and mid towers getting buffed but not bot.

Boken

Banned
idk, damage junglers are a problem and i dont see the issue in nerfing the sustain

since the do more damage than other junglers anyway

drawkcaB

Those Wukong nerfs aren't bad at all. Making Q armor shred scale was a good way to nerf him.

LOL at the SotEL nerf though. I dislike super specific nerfs like that similar to top and mid towers getting buffed but not bot.

What? The SotEL nerf is fantastic. The extra damage works with the conservation passive so the FotM physical damage junglers - who already had (have?) significant advantages over other junglers - benefitted from the passive more.

zkylon

zkylewd
my big issue with these lee sin nerfs is that they're super random and don't change anything. like seriously cd on his safeguard? like what does that have to do with his early power level?

likes just lower his damage so it takes him level 4 or 5 instead of 3 to one-combo you

I don't wanna go back to tanky only junglers ...god no.
well the idea is to have both styles open

drawkcaB

Yeah, that's not the right change to start with. They should apply the Q changes then leave him be for a bit and see what's up.

That passive is meaningless to be honest. The champions that use Elder Lizard are hardly slow clearers to need that.

I'll take that as opposed to nerfing actually important things like the AD, burn damage, CDR and sustain.

Type2

Wukong's ultimate didn't get a buff, it's a small nerf, the numbers on the original are just wrong on that site. The Lulu nerfs are pretty significant to her damage and utility because Pix doesn't last long enough to hit more than one Glitterlance, and the ability is losing most of its offensive power. Even something like not being able to shield minions is a big deal.

I see its just a .1 ratio nerf on wukongs ult. I see that now that im home and the q nerf is more than reasonable. they'll probably hit his free stats or smooth out his ultimates damage curve.

Kenai

Is the lulu nerf big as support? I'll have to try it out, but seems fine to me. Not enough to make me stop supporting with her.

Not reallllly. Her counter engages and baiting were basically untouched, her ADC gets a little more time for Pix autos, and support Lulu didn't really have the mana to shield + Glitterlance in lane on a regular basis so that playstyle won't change. The - to movement speed hurts but oh well, all things considered it could have been much worse.

DeadNames

Banned
Wukong was actually overpowered though, and overbearing to go against.

I mean, I get that winrate isn't indicative of a champion's power, but when it's 55% at all levels of play with a 22% popularity rate, something is up.

Leezard

Lulu can still Q, wait a moment before the slow runs out, cast E and Q before Pix duration runs out. The first Q is way easier to dodge though, and it's obviously not as reliable as the easy EQQ from before. The damage nerf on E is sad to see even for support Lulu, as it is sometimes useful to increase the ranks on it early.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, that's not the right change to start with. They should apply the Q changes then leave him be for a bit and see what's up.

yea i mean i think it's good that rito nerfs people one step at a time but this looks like they just felt the backlash too much and rolled back everything that was meaningful and just left something to save face

like i seriously don't really mind anything about how slippery lee sin is, i mind him landing a q = death (flash at best) if you're like less than lvl 8 or something. sometimes you even flash and you're dead anyways because he gets the execute+e off under your turret and then just safeguards away and tanks it like no problem.

i think they should either lower his base damage and/or lower his base shield and lower the range and duration on his q mark thingie. so basically you get to flash and survive. maybe that way he could be able to mess up his q ult q thingie if he waits too long to q again (or you manage to stun him in the process).

dunno what this would change for him in the jungle but it would alleviate much of the frustrations of lee sin being basically a sentient fog of war nidalee spear at like level 3 :p

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
my big issue with these lee sin nerfs is that they're super random and don't change anything. like seriously cd on his safeguard? like what does that have to do with his early power level?
They are trying to deal with how easy and safe it is for Lee to invade early. Trinkets were a huge buff to Lee Sin's early mobility, and at least the energy change will introduce some kind of cost to ward hopping.

zkylon

zkylewd
ibq9mpJj9509gO.png

get league yt notification

sees lux gets excited

it's video explaining team builder crap

rito always fucking with me :(

Neol

9PTiRtL.jpg

Tough game. Quinn didn't show up till 15 minutes and most of our turrets were down. Luckily got the sejuani and thresh still relevant in the game until quinn came back and we picked them off one by one.

Haven't touched evelyn since the e change up. Got to say, I REALLY like botrk on her. Fits extremely well with her kit and chasing people feels overall better.

it's already up again in Oce. It'll be rolling out gradually over the next few hours/day I'd imagine.

as an aside, I await the eventual Evelynn new remake. I know she's been redone already, but she consistently proves to be a nightmare to balance, especially with the change to vision items this season. I have no doubt that the last round of nerfs was Riot's attempt to gut her, but then people just said "fuck it, AD Eve!" and she continues to be a complete terror.

I just dunno how Eve can exist as a practically perma-stealth champion and still be healthy for the game. I'm intrigued to see what they come up with for her next round of nerfs.

I like how the pick/ban phase is for solo queue. I'd rather let team builder be for normals only.
I don't mean picking a team, but we could have role queues for example.

as an aside, I await the eventual Evelynn new remake. I know she's been redone already, but she consistently proves to be a nightmare to balance, especially with the change to vision items this season. I have no doubt that the last round of nerfs was Riot's attempt to gut her, but then people just said "fuck it, AD Eve!" and she continues to be a complete terror.

I just dunno how Eve can exist as a practically perma-stealth champion and still be healthy for the game. I'm intrigued to see what they come up with for her next round of nerfs.
I'm definitely biased, but as I see it, current Eve is actually pretty damn healthy if you ask me.

She has clear weaknesses: she's squishy by herself, not much of a duelist without items, vulnerable to counterganks - you will die 2v2 -, no silly base damages to make her an early game monster, since AP is dead no invisible burst to murder you before you can react - unless she's ridiculously ahead that is - , her ultimate gives her a nice power spike but it's in no form or shape a death sentence and it's very easy to just pin her down and kill her, she has no special form of objective control nor is she a particularly incredible split pusher nor does she scale beyond control. She's not immune to wards, she's immune to wards that would affect other junglers. You don't ward your lane, you ward her jungle, and once you understand that she's far more manageable. Hell, most strong junglers have ways to circumvent wards anyways, I don't see how Eve is any different.

She's the quintessensial assassin, she punishes mistakes with almost nothing but basic game knowledge, because everything else was stripped of her aside from being good at tower diving at 6 - which is very high risk in her case. She's not an ultra contested competitive pick/ban nor is she a solo Q terror beyond Silver - relatively low ban rates, stable slightly lower than 50% win rates accross all ELOs - her skills are dodgeable, she has no hard CC and you can run away from her, I don't see how she's still a problem after her last set of nerfs - hell, they even went too far and gave her a buff the immediate patch after the Q and E changes.

Neol

Agreed. Its gonna be hard to rework her since perma-stealth is the core of her whole character. They could cop out and just make a wukong-esk ability that makes her invisible for a time being or maybe a toggle but that would just be lame imo.

It kinda sucks cause she was always a fun champ to play but with the vison rework I feel that there just gonna nerf her to death or change her drastically, hopefully for the better.

Neol

Pretty good in top lane. Can zone melee champs for days and mushrooms are still gay. Can't see him in any ither role though.

Blizzard

Banned
Agreed. Its gonna be hard to rework her since perma-stealth is the core of her whole character. They could cop out and just make a wukong-esk ability that makes her invisible for a time being or maybe a toggle but that would just be lame imo.

It kinda sucks cause she was always a fun champ to play but with the vison rework I feel that there just gonna nerf her to death or change her drastically, hopefully for the better.
How is perma-stealth the core of her whole character? I thought that for the first year or two, her stealth was an ability she had to turn on. After the remake sure.

zkylon

zkylewd
i actually think eve is in a pretty decent spot right now

and i kind of enjoy she being in the game since she forces such a different style of laning phase since there's always that looming feeling that if you ever get a aggressive she'll wreck your shit up, but you can sometimes bait that out with your jungler so it's not so bad.

I think she's fine now. Squishy, not a good duelist and definitely not a late game terror who could instagib you from nowehere. She doesn't really have burst anymore. Her passive is still strong and a core identity. If they want to Olaf her they'll remove the mana regen from her passive.

I still miss her vanilla remake. =( I rode it from 900 to 1400 Elo in S2. Never lost even in 4v5s. Only times I ever went close to losing were against Rengars who knew how to abuse him.

zkylon

zkylewd
Because Team Builder knows what champion you are going to play and where you are going to play that champion, it will eventually be the first matchmaking system to take into account your experience with your current champion, position or role.

Whether you’re interested in playing as Jungler for the first time, or you’re excited to try out that new champion you just picked up, Team Builder will balance the matches accordingly so that you have time to settle in and master your new specialization. While this feature will not be available at launch, you’ll know when we enable it by way of a visual icon indicating that it’s turned on.

this is pretty interesting about team builder

like if i want to learn how to jungle i'll be matched with bad players and such

not that i would ever want to play that awful awful role :p

this is pretty interesting about team builder

like if i want to learn how to jungle i'll be matched with bad players and such

not that i would ever want to play that awful awful role :p

Jungle isn't awful, it's just different.

Top on the other hand IS awful. (imo)

Ever logged on to League of Legends and thought, “I just want to play Leona today”? Team Builder lets you play League of Legends how you want to play any time you queue up.

ugh riot you know exactly how i feel

teambuilder 4 ever

Jungle isn't awful, it's just different.

Top on the other hand IS awful. (imo)

Jungle is the best role right now. You have a big impact on games, you can play a lot of fun champions, you can play champions like Diana that aren't viable elsewhere, it's a blast. So much better now than it was in Season 3.

And my Banshee's recommendation wasn't for wukong. I mean if you're at the back of the fight as an adc, wukong shouldn't be able to jump on you unless he blows e and flash. If wukong can ult you as an adc you're already kinda at fault. The banshees recommendation was just as a generally good defensive item for the hp, the active during sieges, and I think the game I was talking about the enemy team had a lot of ap damage.

EDIT: I didn't actually play teambuilder when it was up, but I'd be far more interested if you could queue for positions instead of champions. I would love to be able to queue for ranked as a jungler and be guaranteed that role.

zkylon

zkylewd
yea it'd be nice to be able to queue for role, specially in ranked so i don't have to like play riven top and jarvan jungle on my promos like last time lol

Violet_0

Banned
EDIT: I didn't actually play teambuilder when it was up, but I'd be far more interested if you could queue for positions instead of champions. I would love to be able to queue for ranked as a jungler and be guaranteed that role.

I thought that's exactly how teambuilder works. Choose your role and champion and search for an appropriate team

zkylon

zkylewd
he means it as just choosing a role+position, no champion

like "mage mid", just not specifically saying lux

i think the biggest problem with this is people just kicking people because they don't like the composition. unlike in blind pick teambuilder which you can just basically choose which champion you want in which position before even meeting who you're gonna play.

there's also other problems like if i say mage mid and enemy team bans ori, syndra and grago and so i gotta fall back on an assassin like ahri cos i ran out of champs how would that really work? like captain could've already picked an assassin top so we don't need an ahri, we need someone with cc and stuff.

or like the enemy team picked like a kogmaw and the team wants like a leblanc to be able to blow him up from the side, but i already said mage so i'm kinda dicking my team but i'm also sort of right too since i queued up for mage not assassin.

and if you had no roles at all then you'd maybe run into like trundle mid or something. i mean you could probably just get trolled by like spellvamp+dps lux in the current teambuilder or something like that and still fall under the category of mage but i guess it's a bit more obvious that it's someone just trolling you than the trundle who's in his right to play whatever he wants since the queue doesn't require a set role

it's tricky but i figure it's doable. maybe you being able to make a shortlist of champions assigning a role to each and the system just shows that to the captain and he can say "ok this guy plays mostly mage but can pull out the assassin if need be"

teambuilder's not for that imo.

like if i'm playing teambuilder i really don't care enough to be countering the other team's picks. i just want to play a specific champion for fun or for practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom