• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what Scarra stepping down will do for Dig but I guess we'll have to wait and see. The entire team is pretty weak from top to bot lane.

TomShoe

Banned
they're removing the one point wonder of his Q and hitting his late game. it's pretty significant.

It's still not enough. I can't count on two hands how many games I've lost because a Wukong ult-ed into my whole team. That AD scaling was ridiculous.

Not sure what Scarra stepping down will do for Dig but I guess we'll have to wait and see. The entire team is pretty weak from top to bot lane.
QT is really good but he can't go crazy with Kiwi like he did with Patoy. They just don't have the synergy for it, it's like when Edward left Gambit, Genja just wasn't the same - regardless of how the team as a whole suffered without Edward's playcalling/making.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
ZjN2mZT.jpg
eh

Ferga

Maybe they were taking your farm more than gank philosophy to its logical extreme. :p

I want to practice against a Yasuo but he always gets banned in inhouses. He just wants to be free!

Even though I said I like to farm more than gank, I still gank and counter gank. I don't just stay in the jungle all game.

You might as well not pick kha zix if you aren't going to take advantage of his early game

Tizoc

Actually a Banshee's Veil would have really helped there instead of the Brutalizer. You already had sufficient damage, and they have a decent amount of magic damage, as well as the Banshee's spellshield potentially blocking Malphite ult or something.

I died mostly to Wukong, so I could've made an armor piece instead, but I just wanted to make an extra weapon for the heck of it =P

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
today i learned that if your first game of the day is played with bronzies you're going to be placed in potato queue for the rest of the day

guess i had to compensate somehow for winning too hard yesterday, but still.

on other news perhaps it's time to dust off the old rumble because that skin looks amaze

I died mostly to Wukong, so I could've made an armor piece instead, but I just wanted to make an extra weapon for the heck of it =P

If you are dying to wukong your positioning was probably poor. A banshees or Ga would be infinitely better. The brutaliser does basically nothing for you there. You have tons of deaths and not many kills in a late game scenario with a strong late game champ so that immediately tells me you are dying too easily.

Type2

They need to nerf Wukong more than that.
I really think it's important for the health of the game to have some aoe dmg junglers be viable. I'm on mobile but is scaling removed from his ult or is that an incomplete change?
I think his dmg is a little bonkers on top of the free tank stats he gets from grouping but if they make his first clear any worse he will be gone. I kind of want riot to give the clone abilities a little more utility. Especially wukongs because it doesn't do shit.

Edit: rengar looks broken.

Boken

Banned
im super sad that lulu cant double Q anymore
but at the same time i know how disgusting it is

:/

im glad the lee sin W nerf went in. damn the haters

If you are dying to wukong your positioning was probably poor. A banshees or Ga would be infinitely better. The brutaliser does basically nothing for you there. You have tons of deaths and not many kills in a late game scenario with a strong late game champ so that immediately tells me you are dying too easily.
dimb is gonna kill u

Boken

Banned
Yeah. It'll either just block the damage on his E or block one tick of his ult then you get knocked up right afterwards and die since you got no armor, big whoop

well actually i think if you can block the first tick of wukong ult with a spellshield u wont get knocked up nemore

need to confirm with more sivir players

but either way, wukong can break banshees so goddamn easy, theyre fruitless

Newt

Yeah. It'll either just block the damage on his E or block one tick of his ult then you get knocked up right afterwards and die since you got no armor, big whoop
I've tried as Sivir and even blocking two ticks, with ult and passive up isn't enough to get away. The ability has such little counter play :/.

Type2

So I figure Wukong can go e>q>w then alternate e and q.
I am curious if the q change will make his early clear any worse though. Chugging those pots already.

The Q change doesn't matter for his clears by itself.

The problem will be if he needs to get more points in it to stay relevant. Then he's fucked

Type2

The Q change doesn't matter for his clears by itself.

The problem will be if he needs to get more points in it to stay relevant. Then he's fucked
Yeah his current clear is borderline garbage. I think he will Be fine in his role though.
I wish they had a mechanic where he could actually do something with his extended staff if he cost not to auto with his q. The kit is pretty boring and the clone is the worst one in the game.

Tizoc

Anyone here play Sion and can give pointers on how I should play him? Not asking for item sets, just a general idea.

Ferrio

Banned
Anyone here play Sion and can give pointers on how I should play him? Not asking for item sets, just a general idea.

Don't think anyone plays him anymore. Used to be played AP quite a bit, not sure what happened. His AD is scary is shit late game, but no one is every stupid enough to let it come to that.

dimb

hilariously boring design
I agree. They didn't go far enough.
I really think it's important for the health of the game to have some aoe dmg junglers be viable. I'm on mobile but is scaling removed from his ult or is that an incomplete change?
I think his dmg is a little bonkers on top of the free tank stats he gets from grouping but if they make his first clear any worse he will be gone. I kind of want riot to give the clone abilities a little more utility. Especially wukongs because it doesn't do shit.
There is nothing healthy about Wukong. Loads of free stats both offensive and defensive baked into a kit with low cooldowns, low mana costs, escapes, and engage. Even being an "aoe dmg jungler" he has the potential to outduel pretty much anyone in a one vs. one with the right build. In lane Wukong had to deal with mana management and counter match ups but as a jungler he's just really gross. The nerfs are really nothing. They only took like .1 scaling off each tick of his ultimate. Wukong's first clear is already excellent...so if you feel like it's hard you're probably doing it wrong. Wukong just has everything going for him and there's not much that can stop him outside of a Lee pick. I think Morello was talking about this, but there are certain champions who just have no trade offs or weaknesses for their power. Jungle Wukong is one of those.

Type2

I agree. They didn't go far enough.

There is nothing healthy about Wukong. Loads of free stats both offensive and defensive baked into a kit with low cooldowns, low mana costs, escapes, and engage. Even being an "aoe dmg jungler" he has the potential to outduel pretty much anyone in a one vs. one with the right build. In lane Wukong had to deal with mana management and counter match ups but as a jungler he's just really gross. The nerfs are really nothing. They only took like .1 scaling off each tick of his ultimate. Wukong's first clear is already excellent...so if you feel like it's hard you're probably doing it wrong. Wukong just has everything going for him and there's not much that can stop him outside of a Lee pick. I think Morello was talking about this, but there are certain champions who just have no trade offs or weaknesses for their power. Jungle Wukong is one of those.
its just old design. he had too much to deal with adcs and now there is free mobility in so many champs. im not saying his kit isnt broken I would def like more interaction because im a sucker for monkey king lore and the extendo staff thing couldve been a cooler mechanic. talking about this aoe stuff makes me miss zac.

dimb

Is that that much of a nerf for either? Wukong a ult got a buff and lulu nerf doesn't seem like much. So it doesn't shield a minion...is that it?
Wukong's ultimate didn't get a buff, it's a small nerf, the numbers on the original are just wrong on that site. The Lulu nerfs are pretty significant to her damage and utility because Pix doesn't last long enough to hit more than one Glitterlance, and the ability is losing most of its offensive power. Even something like not being able to shield minions is a big deal.

zkylon

zkylewd
i really wish that rumble skin didn't have that helmet, but still pretty good

also bummed that they backed off on the lee sin nerfs. i was hoping he wouldn't be able to cheese you at level 3 anymore (or 4, or 5 or whatever) but whiners too stronk i guess

pix movement speed nerf being rolled back doesn't sound too good for me either :/

also they rolled back the hp nerf to ziggs too in exchange for a aa range nerf. he probably deserves having both, maybe not as drastic as a 50 hp nerf but going as low as nidalee for sure. so again :/

really wishing rito had stuck to most of what they changed in the earlier pbe patch :/

:(

Ashhong

Wukong's ultimate didn't get a buff, it's a small nerf, the numbers on the original are just wrong on that site. The Lulu nerfs are pretty significant to her damage and utility because Pix doesn't last long enough to hit more than one Glitterlance, and the ability is losing most of its offensive power. Even something like not being able to shield minions is a big deal.

Oh ok I didn't know the numbers were wrong. Hopefully it's not too bad, he's one of my favorite junglers at the moment.

Is the lulu nerf big as support? I'll have to try it out, but seems fine to me. Not enough to make me stop supporting with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom