• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peels for days...on a short duration...on a skillshot that is easy to dodge...on a champion with an extremely weak late game where peels actually matter.
Isn't she kind of a lane bully at the same time though?

I agree that her lategame is crap though. Her shield scales like shit even if you just go full AP.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Karma seems like she has too many mana problems and lacks a finisher to be an effective lane bully.

dimb

She's really good at capitalising on jungler ganks too.
Compared to who? All the other popular supports do it better. Thresh, Leoner, Annie, all better. Same goes for a harass lane, there are just other champions that do it better than Karma and don't have the same issues.

Compared to who? All the other popular supports do it better. Thresh, Leoner, Annie, all better. Same goes for a harass lane, there are just other champions that do it better than Karma and don't have the same issues.

They all have their niche things though, whereas Karma just sort of does everything. She has a root, she can shield an ally and speed them up, and she can poke.

Like if you want a bit of everything Karma's a pretty solid pick, especially if Thresh is banned or whatever.

dimb

They all have their niche things though, whereas Karma just sort of does everything. She has a root, she can shield an ally and speed them up, and she can poke.

Like if you want a bit of everything Karma's a pretty solid pick, especially if Thresh is banned or whatever.
this is why i don't trust other people to play support. :( karma is a highly specialized champion that you use for heavy poke lanes. don't just pick her because you think her kit has a smattering of everything.

also, does karma really have a root or is it just a zoning tool?

falastini

Karma has the best harass in lane of all the supports. Her mana costs and cd are really low, and she can spam that Q at you for days. Her W is unreliable for cc, but that movement speed on her shield is really useful. The only problem with her, is other supports bring better "utility ults" to team fights later on. So she falls off a bit. I still don't think there's any better offensive support for lane though... Especially since Sona needs to get in close to do damage, and Lulu's mana costs are too damn high.

this is why i don't trust other people to play support. :( karma is a highly specialized champion that you use for heavy poke lanes. don't just pick her because you think her kit has a smattering of everything.

also, does karma really have a root or is it just a zoning tool?

you've never seen me support :/

and I know why karma's picked. Aside from Erragal, I've been one of her biggest supporters here since her relaunch. I've played her a lot; top mid or bottom. My point was that as well as doing her main job of poking heavily in lane, something I already mentioned in a previous post, she brings a lot of other utility to the table. Her late game utility is really strong. Mantra E is an incredible amount of power for team fights and rotations.

And of course Focused Resolve is a root, just as much as LeBlanc's Etheral Chains is a root.

dimb

I mean...I would hope Mantra E would be powerful because you are using your ultimate and an ability on it. Obviously Karma's overall utility is fairly weak or she wouldn't fall off so hard.

Boken

Banned
this is why i don't trust other people to play support.

dimb pls uve been so gud recently

league_of_legends___katarina__03__by_beethy-d7bp5yr.jpg

her gallery is pretty good too http://beethy.deviantart.com/gallery/

Edwardo

Edwardo is Male, has silver short hair, brown eyes, is 1.74m tall and is generous.

Edwardo is 10000000% Waifu Material.

Well how about that

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Waifu discussion thread, but we are generous enough to let people talk about league of legend once in a while.

Tizoc

So what's been said about Sion's reworking? Cuz I tried him and I still don't know how the fuck I'm supposed to use him.

Boken

Banned
okay shows over guys this is getting out of hand

to anybody that missed it, i HIGHLY RECOMMEND catching the reruns of last nights OGN.

dimb

So what's been said about Sion's reworking? Cuz I tried him and I still don't know how the fuck I'm supposed to use him.
They're making him a tanky brusier probably. For now it's still AP though.

Kenai

Peels for days...on a short duration...on a skillshot that is easy to dodge...on a champion with an extremely weak late game where peels actually matter.

Skillshot isn't really easy to dodge in lane since it explodes on minions too and has a decent raduis (AKA you can't be near them or you get caught so ranged supports have to stay out of their standard harass range and Leona eque supports have to back off entirely. or eat them). A constant steam of Qs keeps their HP low enough so they'll either have to blow potions earlier than they'd like or risk dealing with a suboptimal all-in at low HP, and of curse getting the extra gold from the Frost Queen line when those Qs land helps. If nothing else, it keeps them behind the minion wave. Her shield is also extremely useful for chasing, running, and positioning all game, especially since once she gets any CDR item it's a constant mini-Shurelyia's.

The lack of hard CC really does hurt her lategame since harass is far less of a deal then.. I feel like this would be fixed if they did a reverse Lulu and added a scaling % to her Q's slow, especially since it's not particularly easy to land on specific targets so I'm not sure it'd be too "faceroll" or w/e, and the base slow is only 25%.

I like Karma for 2v1 laneswaps because she can bully the solo laner out of lane more or less completely by herself, but other than that I'm still largely unconvinced by her.

Tizoc

Tried Yasuo recently, fed a lot in the early game, come late game I managed to score some kills.

Really enjoying Twitch though, Q, W, Ulti, Full stack>E, then they die from the poison.

Blizzard

Banned
I agree that other supports probably do the job better. I feel like Karma mid/support, perhaps like Lulu mid (or even support) or Vel'koz mid/support are hard mode in some sense. You probably play them because you like playing them, not because they are the very best, like no one ever was.

Blizzard

Banned
Yup, too bad that doesn't happen in solo queue...
I saw it recently in ranked solo silver but it is rare. We had a malphite who told the adc/support (who might have been duo queue) to switch lanes and push top quickly. It worked, and then they were going to go bot to push that next.

I think we then ran into the typical problem of "Well we got a tower or two, now what do we do, let's wander around until the other team picks us off since we have no wards and they catch up in levels", but I think we also recovered enough to win.

Tizoc

I'm at my base
Draven does his Ulti
I avoid it while having a silver of health left
I wonder why it hasn't rebounded yet
Rebounds and kills me before I reach the healing pedestal

Blizzard

Banned
I'm at my base
Draven does his Ulti
I avoid it while having a silver of health left
I wonder why it hasn't rebounded yet