• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Because people find it entertaining? He and Deman both just say random things. They're just the hype play-by-play with no technical details. You can dislike how he does it, sure, but the whole "he doesn't add any insight" angle is weird since he's not there to do that. You typically don't expect technical stuff from the play-by-play commentator.

Edit: Let's put it this way, I think so far most the posts here about the commentator rankings seem to dislike the play-by-play ones in general with Deman as the exception. Which is fair as most people actively playing the game can follow without them and probably know things better than them anyway. They're really more there for people who don't know what's going on and then to just be the excitable voice.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The problem with many of the play by play commentators is that they regularly fail to capture the moment to moment happenings inside of the game. Someone like Rivington will be saying things that aren't happening while missing many critical pieces of information. If anything the commentary from people like Quickshot or Rivington is misleading to new players, and their behavior is embarrassing and meaningless to established players.

Quikshot is a "play-by-play" caster who tries to do a job he can't (discuss the strategies of the teams and critique the play). Deman is a play-by-play caster who has developed a reasonable understanding of the game.

Edit: I guess I'm the sort of person who'd rather listen to people who know more, preferably a lot more, than me, than less.

scy

The problem with many of the play by play commentators is that they regularly fail to capture the moment to moment happenings inside of the game. Someone like Rivington will be saying things that aren't happening while missing many critical pieces of information. If anything the commentary from people like Quickshot or Rivington is misleading to new players, and their behavior is embarrassing and meaningless to established players.

Yeah. I give Rivington a pass since he tries more to just be the hype for the games instead. Like I said though, I just find the whole "they don't provide insight" angle to be funny since ... well, they're not supposed to. But, yeah, there's a lot of misleading things said by some of them.

Edit: I guess I'm the sort of person who'd rather listen to people who know more, preferably a lot more, than me, than less.

For what it's worth, my favorite of the casters is still Jatt for precisely that reason. He's entertaining when he needs to be and otherwise is just good for the information.

brian!

i mute commentary pretty frequently, but the only time I can't really stand commentary is when they do some talk about things other than the game because the game is so boring shit
like there will be a lull in commentary and then someone makes a wry comment, like you can't even pretend that there is something else to talk about

i like kobe/riv combo, kobe does a decent job tactfully correcting riv (whereas jatt can come off as a know-it-all) and they seem to translate being close in real life to how they commentate together

i mute commentary pretty frequently, but the only time I can't really stand commentary is when they do some talk about things other than the game because the game is so boring shit
like there will be a lull in commentary and then someone makes a wry comment, like you can't even pretend that there is something else to talk about
to be fair if i was casting that curse vs complexity game i would run out of things to say after iwillforgettobuywriggles 77 minute madreds.

Bacon

Any Jayce tips? Just picked him up and had a pretty rough first game with him. Build order, when to switch stances, etc.

brian!

to be fair if i was casting that curse vs complexity game i would run out of things to say after iwillforgettobuywriggles 77 minute madreds.

i thought they did a pretty good job keeping that game afloat
the worst commentary comes when the commentators cater to memes or try to project certain stories

ALN1031

Only caster that might tick me off is Quickshot now. He was fine for me last split but this split it's like....

"I dare say..."
"On the same token..."
"In theory..."

I swear he says those about 30 times a game each. Pls. Stop.

Edwardo

Arent they color commentators, not play by play?

It's the opposite.

Only caster that might tick me off is Quickshot now. He was fine for me last split but this split it's like....

"I dare say..."
"On the same token..."
"In theory..."

I swear he says those about 30 times a game each. Pls. Stop.

Lol. Yeah they all have little phrases that come out really frequently. Quickshot is definitely the worst with it.

Edwardo

NA LCS Summer Split - Week 11 - Day 2 - SUPER WEEK

t1407006000z1.png

Team Dignitas vs Curse
Team SoloMid vs Cloud 9
Counter Logic Gaming vs Evil Geniuses
Team SoloMid vs Team Dignitas
Curse vs LMQ
Counter Logic Gaming vs compLexity

Please use the LCS thread for further discussion. Let's keep this thread spoiler free.

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't like how rivington hypes up every single thresh/lebonk play

it's like cmon dude, freaking bunnyfufu hit a long range hook, he's not fucking madlife

i really like doa, phreak, jatt and kobe, with doa being my absolute favorite. i agree he's not the craziest league fan (like say phreak) but he's super entertaining, i really enjoy listening to him go off-track and invent skin lines and whatever mid-game, it's pretty hilarious. i don't like monte too much cos i find that he obsesses about the weirdest things and says "ok tomato won" and then they lose and doesn't even say my b or something.

i don't really mind riv or dman or joe miller or quickshot, they're just there to hype shit up and they can be sometimes pretty funny

deficio's also pretty cool, i hope he loosens up a bit more and starts throwing more player insight, make that his thing

Einbroch

Banned
ldykY6A.png

And, lo, the angel of Riot came upon them, and the glory of Riot shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.

And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all summoners.

For unto you is born this day in the Summoner's Rift, which is Malphite.

And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped molten rock, owning the top lane.

ldykY6A.png

And, lo, the angel of Riot came upon them, and the glory of Riot shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.

And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all summoners.

And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped molten rock, owning the top lane.
but u were playing nasus.

Edwardo

ldykY6A.png

Congrats

http://i.imgur.com/ldykY6A.png[IMG]

And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped molten rock, owning the top lane.[/QUOTE]

Congrats! Susan op :)

Nev

Banned
That this game is far from balanced and you can win in champ select. Also, that lane phase doesn't mean shit if you don't get a huge advantage and push mid grouped, the best strategy in soloQ is to pick Tristana/Irelia/Jax/Ryze or some other bullshit lategame 0 skill character and turtle until you scale better than the enemy. That, or pick a jungler that guarantees a flash burn/kill every gank like Vi or Jarvan and carry all lanes by minute 7. "Every gank" being the few seconds of their non-ultimate spells cooldown.

That this game is far from balanced and you can win in champ select. Also, that lane phase doesn't mean shit if you don't get a huge advantage and push mid grouped, the best strategy in soloQ is to pick Tristana/Irelia/Jax/Ryze or some other bullshit lategame 0 skill character and turtle until you scale better than the enemy. That, or pick a jungler that guarantees a flash burn/kill every gank like Vi or Jarvan and carry all lanes by minute 7. "Every gank" being the few seconds of their non-ultimate spells cooldown.
wut

picking a lategame comp sucks in soloq lol because you rely on your team not feeding like retards while u scale up.

LeaguePick said:
Based on your input, we strongly advise you to play Ahri

LP SCORE: 104.78
With Ahri you have a 71.7% win ratio.
This means that out of the 46 games you have won 33.
Moreover, you have a KDA of 5.4 which is awesome.

Ok. Moar Ahri for me.
This site (Leaguepick) is kind of cool, but I don't know what games it tracks. I guessed it used my ranked stats from Season 3+2014, but the numbers don't add up. I dunno, but it would be nice if it could track all my games from the new match history, but I suppose it can't because of the restrictions (be a friend or log in for normals).

leaguepick doesnt recognize me

wat.

It seems it doesn't work for some. It's weird. Half my friends couldn't use it.

zkylon

zkylewd
that's like the worst strategy possible in solo q wth

most of my games don't make it to 35m

Ok. Moar Ahri for me.
This site (Leaguepick) is kind of cool, but I don't know what games it tracks. I guessed it used my ranked stats from Season 3+2014, but the numbers don't add up. I dunno, but it would be nice if it could track all my games from the new match history, but I suppose it can't because of the restrictions (be a friend or log in for normals).

Based on your input, we strongly advise you to play Orianna

LP SCORE: 69
With Orianna you have a 71.4% win ratio.
This means that out of the 14 games you have won 10.
Moreover, you have a KDA of 4.6 which is awesome.

other options: lizzy, lux, nami, ahri, mf, syndra, thresh and j4 (wut)

so basically it just lists your most played champions lol

i love how you're so into these shitty sites, even more than me

Leezard

What site is that shows you that?
Sr Kitsune posted it just a few posts up
Ok. Moar Ahri for me.

It seems it doesn't work for some. It's weird. Half my friends couldn't use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom