• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
iPkI1IH9GkrI3.png

apparently riot thought about doing a little experiment and threw a level 10 vi our way, see what happens lol

pretty amusing game, i had to go like tank annie which was actually lots of fun and you know, i just ulted as many people as possible, closed my eyes and something happened.

tf sold all his items to build ad after a while so i sold my bv and bought a randuins lol

What in the hell?

How did you pull that off?

Kat penta-ult or something?

i see a baron icon when the curve starts going the other way lol

Nekofrog

Banned
What in the hell?

How did you pull that off?

Kat penta-ult or something?

they threw hard

look at eve's build and lucian's double lifesteal

they just got super ahead and super cocky and started doing REALLY dumb shit

we got a few lucky picks (after jinx came back from an early ragequit and got a doublekill off a random rocket she started tryharding again)

also nasus got tanky as fuck, and they didnt buy to compensate for that

and then we got kat rolling (she died 1v1 twice to yasuo early on)

we essentially never lost a teamfight past the halfway point but it was agonizing getting there

Id say start with warwick. His lifesteal is great and that means you can take down the first buff with no help and 1 pot without dying. He is also pretty easy to learn and is cheap.
No, telling any one player to learn Warwick as his/her first jungler does nothing but limit said player. Warwick teaches you nothing about the various early jungle nuances because he is unable to do anything prior to level 6 in terms of map pressure thanks to his barebones kit. Being able to farm endlessly thanks to his strong sustain isn't even a great benefit; 'surviving the jungle camps' isn't some coveted requisite that's hard to come by, never mind that being a bad habit to incorporate as it is.

Nunu, Fiddlesticks, Trundle, Udyr and so forth also have no trouble staying alive on their own without optimal set-ups whilst bringing more to the table.

TomShoe

Banned
ctoBO.jpg

Teemo vs. Amumu mid, Twitch mirror botlane, hilarity ensues.

Things are pretty even botlane, but Teemo gets super-fed on Amumu and Twitch and begins wrecking shit in small skirmishes around the whole map. And I'm just here AFK farming while Teemo is murdering everyone.

Teemo gets a triple kill, I'm just getting bursted by Rengar (Could've survived, but Xin left me out in the cold)

Teemo gets his penta stolen, I'm just AFK farming. Nasus should be my new main.

Sofo

I had one of my most perfect ARAMs. Going 2/4/52 (out of 65 kills) as Morgana. We had a really good team match up, and ended up being lots of fun. Our Pantheon trolled a bit too much (ultimg in enemy base, etc.) but it was a demolishing victory o.o

Then got Teemo on ARAM and a trolling Garen who didn't build tank and went 1/7/2 lol. :(

JesseZao

Why is there always random lag with this game now? I started playing again in the last couple of weeks and it's always an issue. If it's not affecting me, then someone on my team.

Moodmon

Neo Member
No, telling any one player to learn Warwick as his/her first jungler does nothing but limit said player. Warwick teaches you nothing about the various early jungle nuances because he is unable to do anything prior to level 6 in terms of map pressure thanks to his barebones kit. Being able to farm endlessly thanks to his strong sustain isn't even a great benefit; 'surviving the jungle camps' isn't some coveted requisite that's hard to come by, never mind that being a bad habit to incorporate as it is.

Nunu, Fiddlesticks, Trundle, Udyr and so forth also have no trouble staying alive on their own without optimal set-ups whilst bringing more to the table.

As I am currently levelling up a smurf, I am not sure if you realise just how hard it is to sustain in the jungle without decent masteries and runes. When people are starting out they have no idea about how to jungle, best places to go, when to gank etc. The last thing they need to worry about is dying to camps, lord knows I have seen Yis get murdered by wraiths at low levels.

In that respect, having a click to gank at six jungler isn't bad for training wheels champ. Fidd is fair enough, not sure about Nunu as aside from the snowballs I don't think he offers that much in the way of lockdown (cannot rely on other people following up if they are new).

I agree Warwick isn't the best champ for learning about meta jungling, but some of the better junglers are effectively blocked off till 20 at least due to runes and/or skillcap.

A lot of people gave me some jungler tips last night, and I've been practicing ever since! Since Vi is free right now, I've been playing her to practice. I must say, I really love jungling so far. The only thing I'm not doing great with is my sustain. I feel like I'm having to go back to base too many times to heal. I'm by no means doing terrible though. My only complaint with jungling? I've played a couple games now where people bitch at me because they die doing stupid things (bot both times). I actually had one go "jungle stupid" because he died bot. He never pinged or asked for help, and I was RIGHT in the middle of ganking mid....and successfully, might I add. To top it off, mid was having a lot more difficulty with the matchup than bot. I hope this is a fluke, and it won't be a pattern of people blaming their deaths on me.

Tizoc

Irelia's fun but her kit damage being split between AP and AD is a little confusing. My main weapons are Bork+Trinity, surprised that with these 2 items she can still deal good damage in a fight. One time I had Randuin and went to a team fight I got a triple kill without even knowing how that happened lol.

Irelia's fun but her kit damage being split between AP and AD is a little confusing. My main weapons are Bork+Trinity, surprised that with these 2 items she can still deal good damage in a fight. One time I had Randuin and went to a team fight I got a triple kill without even knowing how that happened lol.
blade is unnecessary unless you're like 3 kills ahead of your laner and you want to snowball even harder. triforce > full tank does shit tons of damage while being impossibly hard to kill.
A lot of people gave me some jungler tips last night, and I've been practicing ever since! Since Vi is free right now, I've been playing her to practice. I must say, I really love jungling so far. The only thing I'm not doing great with is my sustain. I feel like I'm having to go back to base too many times to heal. I'm by no means doing terrible though. My only complaint with jungling? I've played a couple games now where people bitch at me because they die doing stupid things (bot both times). I actually had one go "jungle stupid" because he died bot. He never pinged or asked for help, and I was RIGHT in the middle of ganking mid....and successfully, might I add. To top it off, mid was having a lot more difficulty with the matchup than bot. I hope this is a fluke, and it won't be a pattern of people blaming their deaths on me.
welcome to jungling.

also it's much easier to sustain in the jungle when you get the proper runes. (AS, Armor, MR, AD)

Tizoc

blade is unnecessary unless you're like 3 kills ahead of your laner and you want to snowball even harder. triforce > full tank does shit tons of damage while being impossibly hard to kill.
welcome to jungling.

also it's much easier to sustain in the jungle when you get the proper runes. (AS, Armor, MR, AD)

Ah so I should build BoRK last then?

Ahh...Thank you. That's the one thing I don't have any of. I'm level 21 and still building up the IP to build a full set of runes. As of right now, I only have magic penetration for when I play Vel'Koz. I'll work on getting these runes.
I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
lol. I was afraid of this.

Proc

Just moving over to league from dota. Its quite fun to play with friends. Any champs I should focus on unlocking first?

Achtius

It's always jungler fault. No gank, bad gank, no counter gank, bad counter gank, you live in the jungle, you bait your team, fail smite, can't compete in smite cuz you are under level, take cs, don't push wave to tower, you got counter jungled, you take the kill during gank, you didn't deliver the killing blow and let the enemy escape.

I appreciate people jungling cuz i can't.

Sofo

I've had a chance as well, to play Vi jungle, and despite doing well because all lanes did fairly well on their own I think I still had some impact on the game, but it definetely made ganks more of a nice bonus than a need. I might have to save my IPs for her, as it's a really easy jungle (or at least it feels so for me). Easy clearout of camps, awesome to come in with Qs or Rs as well!

With her I went with AD runes and 9/21/0 on masteries, as suggested by a friend, but built tank on all matches. I just really enjoy entering with Q, hitting Randuin and then it's kinda like, they're fucked. o.o

Blizzard

Banned
Why is there always random lag with this game now? I started playing again in the last couple of weeks and it's always an issue. If it's not affecting me, then someone on my team.
People have been complaining about it for a long time, and my ping has been higher ever since things got stable after the DDOS like a month ago, but this week has been especially bad again.

Ocho

I'm having a wonderful time ranking with my smurf in LAN server matched against bronzies. Perfect time to try new, cheap champions.

drawkcaB

It's always jungler fault. No gank, bad gank, no counter gank, bad counter gank, you live in the jungle, you bait your team, fail smite, can't compete in smite cuz you are under level, take cs, don't push wave to tower, you got counter jungled, you take the kill during gank, you didn't deliver the killing blow and let the enemy escape.

I appreciate people jungling cuz i can't.

Yeah, need a thick skin sometimes.

Mothman91

Anyone else try rushing statik shiv on Trist? Seen Robertxlee do in on lcs a few times, tried it once yesterday, it's not that bad.

ALN1031

Anyone else try rushing statik shiv on Trist? Seen Robertxlee do in on lcs a few times, tried it once yesterday, it's not that bad.

Yeah, as far as I know the casters said he rushed it so he could waveclear faster.

and OMG skipping divisions feels so freakin good.

CRS

Ahh...Thank you. That's the one thing I don't have any of. I'm level 21 and still building up the IP to build a full set of runes. As of right now, I only have magic penetration for when I play Vel'Koz. I'll work on getting these runes.

lol. I was afraid of this.
A good page of runes for AD junglers,

AD reds (marks)
Armor yellows (seals)
CD blues (glyphs) (enough for 5%, I think 6?)
MR blues
AD quints

Fiuuh... finally I'm done installing in my new home. Pretty nice, sadly I don't get wifi in my room, so I'll have to do something about it. Now I'm saving some money to go to the LCS next season since I'm pretty close to LA now.

I can't wait for Gnar!

Edwardo

Fiuuh... finally I'm done installing in my new home. Pretty nice, sadly I don't get wifi in my room, so I'll have to do something about it. Now I'm saving some money to go to the LCS next season since I'm pretty close to LA now.

I can't wait for Gnar!

Ya I don't get wifi in my room either. I bought a pair of power link adapters that work fine for my laptop.

Only getting time to play this game at weekends with the casuals has made me realise how shitty everyone is who plays it.

Yea I was on a great streak until today. Every game has at least three teammates who freak out over everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom