• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
R evolution is useless.
It was my total go-to evolution before the nerfs. 3-4 passive procs in a row is absurdly strong, because of the damage and constant 2 sec slows. Mobility and damage reduction were great as well.

I'm not aware of pros evolving E first. It was usually either 2nd or 3rd.

I can't hit unevolved Ws well. :( It makes W evo even more appealing.

jerd

It was my total go-to evolution before the nerfs. Frequent damage reductions, constant mobility, constant passive procs (damage + 2 sec slows) made it my first evolution.

Yeah like Stone said it is definitely Q and E as your first two now. W and R are definitely the worse options any way you slice it.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Spike racks granting vision is a pretty big deal. I don't think ult evo is very strong. Far more situational, and you're counting on no pinks/Oracle sweeper.

jerd

You will still get Unseen Threat and the movement speed bonus even if they do have vision of you. If you're looking to maximize damage his R is definitely the way to go. W provides a little more utility, but not enough to justify it over his R imo.

garath

Just the fact that you can argue evolutions for all his abilities now means Riot has done something right for the champ at least.

It's actually a meaningful choice (except for E. Always evolve E, just not first)

drawkcaB

Welcome to the East Coast club. You can try EUW too. You'll have a similar or better ping there.

Following a suggestion on reddit, I
I downloaded WTFast VPN and it slashes my ping down to ~70 from whatever I was getting before. ~70 has always been just about the bet I can get. By some miracle I was even getting 55 ping futzing around in a custom last night.

The problem isn't with Riot servers. Several hops are severely congested.

garath

I downloaded WTFast VPN and it slashes my ping down to ~70 from whatever I was getting before. ~70 has always been just about the bet I can get. By some miracle I was even getting 55 ping futzing around in a custom last night.

Hmmmmmm.. I may look into this.

Tizoc

Will this work for someone who plays on EU Nordic with an average ping of 150-170 per match?

drawkcaB

Hmmmmmm.. I may look into this.

My own experience, four games on Friday night:

Annie Mid - No lag spikes. Ping went from ~110 to ~80.
Lulu Support - No lag spikes. Ping went from ~115 to ~80.
Lulu Support - No lag spikes. Ping stayed high-ish at ~100. Disconnected for about 90 seconds and I think I had issues with key inputs not registering (although that could just be me). I changed the VPN server I connected to so this might have been the cause.
Janna Support - Turned off WTFast. Iffy latency and stability. Disconnected for around 90 seconds.

Last night was a custom game vs. bots getting a feel for Ahri. 55 ping. I don't think I've ever had a smoother experience.

Will this work for someone who plays on EU Nordic with an average ping of 150-170 per match?

Depends. It doesn't magically reduce your ping. What it does is re-route your traffic. If there's a bad hop being used in your regular connection the program will fix that. If you're getting 150-170 ping due to distance from the server WTFast won't be doing much at all.

Just want to add the service isn't free outside of the 30 day trial. I'll be signing up likely after a few more test runs. $10/month (or less) is worth not having to put up with these issues until Riot sorts out their new network/servers. Signing up should yield even better results, in theory. In the trial you can only select your "start" server (tip: pick the one with the lowest ping) but in the full version you can select both the "start" and "destination" servers which makes the routing even better.

Also, I don't know what to do for mid picks anymore. I seem to be adding more and more to my test list, latest being Ahri. It's going to take me forever to sort this out. Sigh.

I think the Kha'Zix W evolution is really annoying to play against, so there's that. AoE 50% slow and 200+ damage. An assassin with poke is still insanely strong, especially when paired up with more poke.

Looking him up on the Wiki I just learned that W has increased damage to monsters. Huh.

Blizzard

Banned
Enemies junglers are hard in Ranked always killing the dragon guy....
It can be hard to get a team to coordinate on it. Just try to hit tab and watch when the dragon is going to spawn, and ping that location so your team can help kill it. Have your smite ready so you can get the last hit on the dragon (left click the dragon while fighting it so you can see its HP in the top left, and hover over your smite to know how much damage it will do).

Decided to give it another whirl. First game just finished, we had a Gnar top that had to afk for most of the game because his "mom came home". He admitted to being 13 years old.

That's 3 games in a row where my team lost due to something completely out of my control (2 afks, and then an 0-12 combined bot lane). All 3 games I was playing well.

This game is just a mess.

Tizoc

Decided to give it another whirl. First game just finished, we had a Gnar top that had to afk for most of the game because his "mom came home". He admitted to being 13 years old.

That's 3 games in a row where my team lost due to something completely out of my control (2 afks, and then an 0-12 combined bot lane). All 3 games I was playing well.

Don't go Solo Q?
I know what you mean/feel though, has happened to be at times in the past as well :/

Blizzard

Banned

They tried a 1v1 mode of League of Legends for a while, but I guess it wasn't too popular. There is also Starcraft 2 but the MOBA formula seems more popular than the RTS formula, so the dependence on having teammates not quit for 40 minutes is probably going to stick around.

Has anyone made a MOBA with normal lanes (not dominion style, not ARAM random champions) that's shorter? I wonder if 10 or 20 minute games would improve player behavior and reduce AFKs. Then again, sometimes people are AFK or can't connect for the first 15 minutes so it's not perfect.

There are many factors at play, but I felt like the Left 4 Dead games were some of the most rage-inducing or troll-filled if you played solo, because of the same sort of time commitment -- a co-op or versus mode campaign might take 40 straight minutes if I recall correctly, and one person could decide to totally screw over everyone if they wanted.

pigeon

Banned

It's not out of your control when bot lane feeds.

* Roam there if possible to get them back in the game.
* Roam somewhere else so that somebody on your team is fed enough to carry against their carry.
* Itemize against their damage and gameplay specifically.
* Target their carry in team fights. Don't get into a prolonged engagement when they are not visible, but look for opportunities to get picks instead.
* Expect that you'll probably lose at least one teamfight along the line from not doing this, and don't tilt.

I had a game this weekend where they had an 8/1 Vayne. We were winning the other two lanes, we planned for the teamfight and for Amumu to engage on her and ult her. He got impatient, ulted their support instead, we got aced, and my entire rest of the team surrendered. We hadn't even lost an inhibitor turret yet.

So don't do that! If your opponents could consistently close on a kill advantage, they'd be in Diamond. Unless you're in Diamond, no game is too won to throw.

garath

The only thing truly out of your control is afk/disconnected players. That sucks and I absolutely sympathize (out of my last 4 ranked games, 3 had a disconnected player on my team. Feels bad).

The bot lane thing is pretty much par for the course. Carry hard my friend.

Are there really that many terrible bot lane players out there? I rarely run into bad enemy ADCs, it feels like. Occasionally a bad support and lots of bad mid laners, though.

I'm probably just unlucky in that regard.

garath

Are there really that many terrible bot lane players out there? I rarely run into bad enemy ADCs, it feels like. Occasionally a bad support and lots of bad mid laners, though.

I'm probably just unlucky in that regard.

I may be a bit off base, but I feel like bot lane is one of the most snowbally lanes in the game. If one side gets a small advantage early, they can zone and freeze almost right away. Without jungler help, it's going to be a one sided affair the whole laning phase. And with good warding from the winning support (who will get a sightstone early), a jungler will have a tough time ganking to turn it around (unless it's like a Pantheon or Eve or something).

It also depends a lot on if someone gets "stuck" with support or even adc. Bot lane seems to be the least popular these days. A "support main" will wreck a part time support player. The adc almost doesn't even matter at that point. They just need to right click when needed.

Tizoc

When I'm ADC as Twitch I prefer to be passive...any time I try to be aggressive like poking the enemy adc would oddly result ni them rushing me for whatever reason.

I may be a bit off base, but I feel like bot lane is one of the most snowbally lanes in the game. If one side gets a small advantage early, they can zone and freeze almost right away. Without jungler help, it's going to be a one sided affair the whole laning phase. And with good warding from the winning support (who will get a sightstone early), a jungler will have a tough time ganking to turn it around (unless it's like a Pantheon or Eve or something).

It also depends a lot on if someone gets "stuck" with support or even adc. Bot lane seems to be the least popular these days. A "support main" will wreck a part time support player. The adc almost doesn't even matter at that point. They just need to right click when needed.

Yeah, I've noticed in team builder that bot lane is last two to get filled in with support being the longest wait. As an ADC, there's definitely some snowballing that can happen but I have noticed it a lot recently mid-lane in my games. We had a fed Lissandra who was terrorizing us a couple games ago after she spent the first 15 minutes devouring our midlaner and jungler.

Bot is hardest in solo queue because you're not by yourself. It can be difficult to coordinate different playstyles, and you can easily blame the other person.

If you're the ADC and dying, your support isn't protecting you. If you're losing farm your support isn't zoning/harassing.

If you're the support and dying, your ADC isn't following up. If you're losing farm your ADC can't last-hit.

Feebastic

For supports where I don't trust my adc I usually go Zyra or Sona, though I haven't played Sona since rework so I don't know if that's as reliable any more. From everything I hear Annie's probably still good too. Anyone you can get away with building damage on to outpoke and zone the enemy adc so yours can safe farm, and that has decent all-in potential. Leona is probably fine too, but I agree with everyone saying that an adc that doesn't follow up properly could spell disaster.

zkylon

zkylewd
Don't know how much you guys check reddit but someone translated all the runes and masteries the players in the OGN finals used for their matchups. Some interesting stuff in there.

http://kittzesport.blogspot.com/2014/08/fully-translated-ogn-final-kta-vs-sgb.html

My jungle pages for Elise and Khazix are almost identical to them. I wouldn't have thought to use lifesteal quints for Yasuo though. :eek: That's pretty interesting.

armor yellows for adc instead of hp or half and half
cdr/lvl blues on dade with like everyone is interesting
no one runs inspiration on support

gonna steal some of this

too bad no one played like ori or something i could really use

zkylon

zkylewd
yup, inspiration sucks

i never really stopped to think about it but figured inspiration was pretty strong cos it was so "low" on the tree, i'm trying to think what to do with those two points now

like go 0 16 14 for 3 points hardiness, 3 points resistance to get reinforced armor/evasive depending on the team

or stay 0 14 16 and get 2 mp5

or just go 0 9 21 tbh and get dat juicy 5% ms and mikaels cdr

What was the match that people said to watch a couple pages ago?

I finally have the time but I can't find it qq.
ogn finals kt a vs samsung blue

you can find the vods here: http://na.lolesports.com/ogn-kr/2014/ogn-summer/matches/round-3/kt-rolster-arrows-vs-samsung-blue

Man quinn is so fun. In teamfights I was just turning into a bird and one shotting their adc.

How are you supposed to build her though? I've been going bork shiv ie

zkylon

zkylewd
Man so good to understand what these korean commentators are talking about.

yea unfortunately i think you gotta subscribe to ogn to get the english vods

Man quinn is so fun. In teamfights I was just turning into a bird and one shotting their adc.

How are you supposed to build her though? I've been going bork shiv ie
i think she was like splitpushing vayne like bjork+youmuus or something

i think she could be a pretty strong trinity force user tho

i want to build trinity force on every adc lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom