• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I need to find a new duo partner for league. My old one fell from silver 5 to bronze 3 then slowly climbed back to bronze 1. The one time I queue with him he gets eaten by AP trist and quits.

Jeff-DSA

Welcome to the Rift, Arcade Miss Fortune.

ZjmEWiL.png

sleepykyo

Played a normal against mostly higher mmr people as lee when I haven't played him too many times. Did a lot of dumb shit. Mehhhh, need to practice him more...
I feel like going full tank as lee requires you to be a lot better mechanically than if you were going a bit of damage at least. Seems harder to play him defensively.

On the plus side Lee's resonating strike dmg is a % of missing health as opposed to a % of current health. Like J4 can start shit, but he can never finish it past the early levels.

TomShoe

Banned
Mundo (Me) + Vayne vs. Kha6 + Warwick

I engage
Vayne gets too close
Get's ulted by WW, dies

Vayne: MUNDO

Vayne: ur supposed to tank

Yeah exactly, that definitely requires a lot more mechanical skill with him.

Kinda disagree actually. Tank Lee Sin is muuuuch more forgiving than ad lee sin. Ad Lee Sin is nice if you're super fed, but even then you need to play him smart. Tank Lee Sin lets you have a lot more room for error.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Mundo (Me) + Vayne vs. Kha6 + Warwick

I engage
Vayne gets too close
Get's ulted by WW, dies

Vayne: MUNDO

Vayne: ur supposed to tank
It's really difficult for someone like Vayne, or any AD carry really, to avoid WW ult range, especially if he also has flash up. In a lot of situations it falls on to the rest of the team to interrupt the ultimate, but that falls on team members with hard CC.

Blizzard

Banned
Each time I get Katarina these days I screw up the game. :( I didn't know how to handle Shaco + Warwick split push, very likely made really bad game decisions, and ended up losing the one promo game I was in.

It may be the only chance I ever get to go back to Silver 1! Sadness.

And now, after getting to play one ranked game, the NA server is back down, and the ranked game doesn't start. I'm stuck in lobby limbo, so if I quit the client, I will lose the promo series.

Blizzard

Banned
I thought that once I had it happen where the lobby froze, I restarted the client, and couldn't get back in...and I still lost LP. Maybe I was wrong.

I was REALLY lucky tonight since 3-4 of us waited 10 minutes and got into the game, and the other team only had 1. Their duo came back about the time we got the second mid tower, and a third member of their team finally showed up as we were hitting the nexus towers.

The enemy team members who showed up got loss prevented. Normally I might have gotten reduced win LP, but as it was it counted as a free promo game win. Tomorrow determines my fate I guess.

DeadNames

Banned
I wish Riot had hyped this Shurima event up a bit more. Everything just kinda happened.

Azir was just dropped with zero teasers. A little disappointing :(

sleepykyo

That's gonna be a loss prevented. I remember that happen to me and we just quoted lines in the chat.

We won. By virtue of having me and another connect at the start v. yi by himself. Then it ended up 3 v. 5 in our favor. More 1.7 v. 3.5. They got loss prevented, I got 11 unearned lp and 2 assists. I'll take it, but I think I'll think I'll just do arams/dom for the rest of the night rather than chance that it'll always be lp gained or loss prevented. The elo inflation would be insane if riot did it every time their servers acted up.

edit:
Just got back, what'd I miss?

Na servers are awful tonight.

Jeff-DSA

Game finally loaded and we played. It was lag free as well. But WTF, RIOT?! Why did I only get 8 LP for that? I got 21 LP just the match before. Edit: Oh, the throttled LP because they're probably assigning loss prevented right now. Man, we had a perfect, lag-free match too.

DVGGtUB.png

Sofo

If their support is going all aggro and taking kills, CS, and building for damage, that's actually a good thing for you guys if you can play safe and take advantage of the fact that their ADC is going to be way, way behind your own. Blitzcrank can be super annoying, but just a bit of extra attention to positioning can render him mostly harmless. Don't attack into them without creep support, don't be out in front of your creeps, and don't go blind into the jungle or into bushes.

Without seeing the game, I don't know what the issues were, but I'm sure positioning and lack of punishing their odd play were the biggest issues.

Nah, it wasn't really anything like that. We basically destroyed both Corki and Ezreal in bot lane when either of them were with Blitzcrank. They just happened to switch so Ezreal was top alone but wasn't punished by the Garen. Also TF farmed kills from top every time his ult was up and Cassio even with all the shoving didn't really get much more turret advancement. Their Aatrox jungle was "aatroxious" and I had wards deep in their jungle. Blitzcrank didn't need hook to pick up people, he simply walked up to people and I guess it's too hard to tab and see his items, and people let him reach them.

Our Skarner kept on "warding" stuff and getting caught, and also fed plenty of kills to them.

In retrospect, of course it has to do with our inability to overplay this or punishing them for their style, but what can you do when most of the time it's 4v5 because your Garen insists on pushing top even if we have no inhib in mid?

Anyway, after sleeping over it I'm sorry for ranting yesterday here, it's just sometimes I get a bit too emotional with this game. ._.

Ferrio

Banned
Went up against jax as gnar for the first time. Didn't do too badly. But man if he gets his combo off, you feel it.

Had the best gnar moment ever in that game though. Diana came from mid to gank me... I ward in river bush, sh e's already there so I jump away and run to turret. She dives me, gets me to like 50 health which put me over 99% rage... I transform and beat the crap outta her.

Blizzard

Banned
I got really lucky with that free win from the server dying -- the next ranked game, someone begrudgingly went support (we almost had duo queue bot lane, but convinced one of them to go top instead). With them split up, all lanes dominated and the other team surrendered before we even got 2 inhib turrets down.

So after playing I dunno, 400 ranked games this season, I'm back to silver 1 from placing silver 1 and going to silver 5. Too stressful. D:

Ferga

I might start playing nothing but nasus again

Getting some awful and chat spamming players recently. People just lose lane and start trash talking and playing on tilt until we surrender. Trying so hard to carry these messes but it's just impossible.

Time to mute all, be selfish with TPs and power farm with dog.

Ferrio

Banned
need to try maxing q again, i have yet to lose lane with maxing w tbh (i take attack speed runes though).

Ignore attack speed runes. You want to build to both forms strengths (ie AD, armor pen, armor, health, mr), and attack speed really only helps mini.

Maxxing Q first is just too good to not. The boomerang does a lot of damage at max rank, allows you to stay alive by kiting and becomes your CS tool if you're in a tough lane. To top it off it's pretty much spammable at max rank and allows you to trigger your W more often. The mega gnar boulder does a lot of aoe damage, is almost spammable, and is your tool for chasing people.

All ranking W first gives you a small damage increase since % based damage is worse earlier in the game. Just check your damage charts after games, you'll be surprised how low your magic damage is to your physical. All it gives megagnar is a bit more damage, and 4 seconds less on cooldown.

My skill order is:

R > Q > E/W. Level E first if the lane is dangerous, level W if it's a melee that can't really gap close on you.

Which is best to build first on Top Trundle? Trinity or BoRK?
Both are great on him, though BoRK is a little on the situational side with him in reality depending on how many people you can actually hit in a teamfight. If there's too much mobility on the enemy team, don't bother completing it beyond the Vamp Scepter. Hydra is also worth considering somewhere down the line for that reason to boost your splitpushing, since (like Ferga mentioned) it's not exactly recommended to blindly rush it.

Also Iceborn Gauntlet is mediocre on him at best; he doesn't really need it and your money is better spent on other items for armor, CDR or mana.

Ferga

I like hydra on trundle to be honest but it's pretty hard to make it work if you get bullied around in the early levels.

Hydra rush trundle is ridiculous when he hits an entire wave with the active and uses ult on the enemy.

He gains back 30-40% of his life in one go

bokn

Banned
Korean Regionals - Day 2

KT-A vs Najin Shield

This'll be a good one folks!

Watch it on twitch or hitbox

Dang you guys are fast!

Tizoc

Both are great on him, though BoRK is a little on the situational side with him in reality depending on how many people you can actually hit in a teamfight. If there's too much mobility on the enemy team, don't bother completing it beyond the Vamp Scepter. Hydra is also worth considering somewhere down the line for that reason to boost your splitpushing, since (like Ferga mentioned) it's not exactly recommended to blindly rush it.

Also Iceborn Gauntlet is mediocre on him at best; he doesn't really need it and your money is better spent on other items for armor, CDR or mana.

Thanks for the info, I think I will go Jungle Trundle from now on. Madred>Tank/Trinity>Tank, and then Feral Flare once the enemy team's fed us :p

Tizoc

Eh tried Frozen just to see what it's like with all that cooldown and MP
hWP9uv6.jpg

E activating every 6 second intervals, Q dash every 5ish seconds, I wrecked shit like nobody's business.

Insured

I have done it boys. After four years, I have hit level 30 on my LoL account, and now I have beat my solo queue anxiety and learned (somewhat) how League works. Coming from > 4K MMR DotA, I was expecting an easy ride to platinum or higher... But I was very, very wrong. Of course I don't really know this game all that thoroughly, and there's still some champions I've never even played against, but most of all... I have never once solo queued in ranked DotA, since I cannot handle all the toxic people and I usually go in idgaf-mode, mute everyone and play my own game. It turns out, that is not how you win teamgames, regardless of how many angry children your team consists of!

I started with 6-4 placements, ending up in Silver II. The games were quite pleasant, aside from my first two games having people DC/rageafk (quite the start to ranked after having JUST hit level 30 on my first account).

After my placements, the rollercoaster ride begun. I was not prepared, whatsoever, for the amount of sheer toxicity I'd see every moment. Angry fits, trolling, arguments about picks, you name it, I've seen it. Games felt absolutely impossible to win. I dropped from Silver II HARD.

I took a break from my computer for a week, after which I started to only focus on my own game, doing my best to read guides on champs and lane matchups. I did okay... Yet I still fell down to Silver V.

Then I flipped the switch. I've since then only muted the most irredeemable toxic people, and I've tried my damn best to lead my team towards playing for OBJECTIVES over kills, stop people from flaming each other, stopping everyone from just clumping in middle for no purpose and chasing after kills forever. It actually has worked. There's been some very rough loss streaks at times (often coinciding with times I didn't feel like trying that hard, though), but overall I've only gone up.
I didn't think I'd be proud of reaching the equivalent of 1500 ELO, but it is what it is. The only road from here leads forward (that is, higher ranks). It's been one interesting ride, and I will not stop myself from improving. Thank you for listening.

Special thanks to Yuuka for teaching me important points about the wonders of Sorrow Queue!

garath

I have done it boys. After four years, I have hit level 30 on my LoL account, and now I have beat my solo queue anxiety and learned (somewhat) how League works. Coming from > 4K MMR DotA, I was expecting an easy ride to platinum or higher... But I was very, very wrong. Of course I don't really know this game all that thoroughly, and there's still some champions I've never even played against, but most of all... I have never once solo queued in ranked DotA, since I cannot handle all the toxic people and I usually go in idgaf-mode, mute everyone and play my own game. It turns out, that is not how you win teamgames, regardless of how many angry children your team consists of!

I started with 6-4 placements, ending up in Silver II. The games were quite pleasant, aside from my first two games having people DC/rageafk (quite the start to ranked after having JUST hit level 30 on my first account).

After my placements, the rollercoaster ride begun. I was not prepared, whatsoever, for the amount of sheer toxicity I'd see every moment. Angry fits, trolling, arguments about picks, you name it, I've seen it. Games felt absolutely impossible to win. I dropped from Silver II HARD.

I took a break from my computer for a week, after which I started to only focus on my own game, doing my best to read guides on champs and lane matchups. I did okay... Yet I still fell down to Silver V.

Then I flipped the switch. I've since then only muted the most irredeemable toxic people, and I've tried my damn best to lead my team towards playing for OBJECTIVES over kills, stop people from flaming each other, stopping everyone from just clumping in middle for no purpose and chasing after kills forever. It actually has worked. There's been some very rough loss streaks at times (often coinciding with times I didn't feel like trying that hard, though), but overall I've only gone up.

I didn't think I'd be proud of reaching the equivalent of 1500 ELO, but it is what it is. The only road from here leads forward (that is, higher ranks). It's been one interesting ride, and I will not stop myself from improving. Thank you for listening.

Special thanks to Yuuka for teaching me important points about the wonders of Sorrow Queue!

Good stuff man. The flipped switch part is usually not realized for a very long time
if ever!
and often results in players being stuck in "elo hell".

If I had a dime for every time someone claims they're bronze because of bad teammates.

Gold is actually kind of nice. There's the normal flamers and trolls, etc. But for the most part, everyone is super try hard. It's like being on the cusp of actually being decent at the game and therefore everyone gives it their best.

I'd like to play more Nasus, but more often than not, I get teammates who do not understand what stalling means.

"Hey guys just stall their 5-man siege while I bulldoze their towers, my TP is still down from that dragon"
team: *engages* "report nasus refusing to communicate"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom