• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einbroch

Banned
I'm all for these super detailed splash arts, as they're amazing, but man they just look so out of place with even splash art from a year ago.

Jeff-DSA

trist > lucian as proven in the lcs.

Trist, no matter who she's paired with, is the most annoying champ in the game right now. Adding Braum is icing on an already bitter cupcake. Lucian is fine and dandy on his own, but pair with Braum and you've created a monster.

I can't wait for the Tristana nerfs. They're needed so badly right now.

thats because nobody knows how to end games before 50 minutes except for koreans.

they shit on tristana picks hard because they force her to lane. then her midgame actually comes into effect because she isn't left freefarming top for 20 minutes.

pigeon

Banned
thats because nobody knows how to end games before 50 minutes except for koreans.

they shit on tristana picks hard because they force her to lane. then her midgame actually comes into effect because she isn't left freefarming top for 20 minutes.

Game 2 of TSM vs C9 is actually a great example of how Lucian can beat Tristana with proper team rotations, which is I guess why everybody kept picking Lucian over Tristana.

TomShoe

Banned
Have you tried playing Tristana in ranked yet? If you're an ADC main (it sounds like it if your account is TomShoe and you talk about bottom lane a lot), give her a shot. I think she's free with a skin if you don't have her yet.

I don't use her because FOTM champs will eventually stop being FOTM. I need to learn balanced champs and become consistently good with them. That means learning how to beat the next FOTM top laner or carry.

She's toxic to the game because her build focuses on just sitting around and farming until the late game where she can wreck people with no recourse. She so safe with her W and her R. 4 man gank? Nope, Trist just ults you and Ws away. So broken. Several escapes, no skillshots, 700 range. She can easily get 2-3 shots onto Lucian before he can attack, which is pretty much GG right there. Broken as fuck.

Braum/Lucian is brutal too. Lucian's passive becomes the stuff of nightmares when paired with Braum.

Ridiculous.

drawkcaB

With Naut, attack speed reds and movement speed quints are how I go since the reds help proc the magic dmg on his w autoattacks while movements help with ganks and generally getting around the map.

I can't agree with this anymore on most junglers. Running movement speed quints on junglers at this point feels more like orthodoxy than a good sense because laners are delaying their initial boots purchase more than ever. So when tanky junglers pick up boots, which is either on first back on after Spirit Stone, that's all the movement speed advantage they'll need for a long time.

Those quints on Naut will bring his movement to 340, not counting maybe dipping into the early movement mastery if that's your preference. Opposing junglers are still likely faster than you are with better movement abilities. ~15 MS won't change your clear speed either.

The only junglers I use movement speed quints on are those who benefit from the increased movement speed late game (e.g. Skarner, Rammus), not those who need help with early game ganking. Even then I'd rather pick something else for my quints.

Neol

Dat Ori splash.

I can't agree with this anymore on most junglers. Running movement speed quints on junglers at this point feels more like orthodoxy than a good sense because laners are delaying their initial boots purchase more than ever. So when tanky junglers pick up boots, which is either on first back on after Spirit Stone, that's all the movement speed advantage they'll need for a long time.

Those quints on Naut will bring his movement to 340, not counting maybe dipping into the early movement mastery if that's your preference. Opposing junglers are still likely faster than you are with better movement abilities. ~15 MS won't change your clear speed either.

The only junglers I use movement speed quints on are those who benefit from the increased movement speed late game (e.g. Skarner, Rammus), not those who need help with early game ganking. Even then I'd rather pick something else for my quints.

I can see your point. I'm guessing Armor or health quints are the way to go then?

Nekofrog

Banned
sometimes i feel like i'm watching completely different lcs games from other people when they say trist is the problem.

i pointed it out in the lcs thread, in most of the games trist won (especially with wildturtle, maybe it's wildturtle being bad this season), the trist was completely inconsequential. dyrus hard carried from the top lane multiple times (SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DONT THROW TOP TO THE WOLVES FOR YOUR BOT EVERY TIME CLG) while turtle's trist really didn't do much until really late, if ever.

then let's also ignore the games where people got a solid lead over a weak early/shit midgame trist to the point where she couldn't do anything because they didn't let it get to late game.

people calling for trist nerfs are dumb. just dumb. lategame hypercarries deserve to exist. if you let vayne get out of control at 45 minutes, or trist, or yi, or ryze, it's your own damn fault

drawkcaB

I can see your point. I'm guessing Armor or health quints are the way to go then?

Those are possible options. I don't mean to shit on MS quints for Nautilus. Pretty much everyone can benefit from movement quints, jungle or otherwise, it's just a matter of determining if there's something better. If you find MS quints work best, then go for it.

On Naut I like to use the same page as I do for Xin which is a mix of AD and AS on the marks/quints. The extra AD helps Naut's clear times just as much as the MS quints and gives him a bit more damage for various scenarios early game which when he needs it most. I'd use an all AD marks/quints page on him if the small bit of attack speed didn't help his AA animation and timing so much. I'll run CDR quints against magic damage heavy comps to free up some glyphs for more magic resistance (my jungle pages usually have ~5% CDR in the blues). Armor and Health work well, tank getting tankier is a good thing, but I like those quints more on Rammus and Sejuani, for instance.

Then again you're talking to a guy who likes building weird shit on Nautilus like SotEL, Ghostblade, Hydra, BotRK, etc.

Einbroch

Banned
The issue is that there aren't "early game" and "late game" champions in the sense that they don't sacrifice anything early. Sure, Tristana may not be as good as some other ADCs early game, but she's not bad enough to justify how much stronger she is late game.

I agree that the concept of "late game" champions offers variety in strategies and is a good thing, but I just don't think these champions are weak enough early to balance risk/reward.

TomShoe

Banned
sometimes i feel like i'm watching completely different lcs games from other people when they say trist is the problem.

i pointed it out in the lcs thread, in most of the games trist won (especially with wildturtle, maybe it's wildturtle being bad this season), the trist was completely inconsequential. dyrus hard carried from the top lane multiple times (SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DONT THROW TOP TO THE WOLVES FOR YOUR BOT EVERY TIME CLG) while turtle's trist really didn't do much until really late, if ever.

then let's also ignore the games where people got a solid lead over a weak early/shit midgame trist to the point where she couldn't do anything because they didn't let it get to late game.

people calling for trist nerfs are dumb. just dumb. lategame hypercarries deserve to exist. if you let vayne get out of control at 45 minutes, or trist, or yi, or ryze, it's your own damn fault

Trist is just too safe. It's all about farming until 45 minutes, then tearing shit up.

Just Ult + W + Flash. No one can catch you.

Blizzard

Banned
I don't use her because FOTM champs will eventually stop being FOTM. I need to learn balanced champs and become consistently good with them. That means learning how to beat the next FOTM top laner or carry.

She's toxic to the game because her build focuses on just sitting around and farming until the late game where she can wreck people with no recourse. She so safe with her W and her R. 4 man gank? Nope, Trist just ults you and Ws away. So broken. Several escapes, no skillshots, 700 range. She can easily get 2-3 shots onto Lucian before he can attack, which is pretty much GG right there. Broken as fuck.
So if I'm understanding this correctly, you've made posts complaining about a champion of your preferred role being strong, but you don't want to even try that champion once...in ranked where you should want every advantage?

I mean, it's one thing if someone wants to play something like Nautilus in normals because they feel the game is too easy otherwise, but in ranked you play the game as it is. Either you rank up with Tristana because she's easy and great, or you learn her weaknesses. It's a win-win.

Nekofrog

Banned
The issue is that there aren't "early game" and "late game" champions in the sense that they don't sacrifice anything early. Sure, Tristana may not be as good as some other ADCs early game, but she's not bad enough to justify how much stronger she is late game.

I agree that the concept of "late game" champions offers variety in strategies and is a good thing, but I just don't think these champions are weak enough early to balance risk/reward.

you can't have late game hypercarries be so weak early that it;s like laning against a puppy, that would make it so they never get to their late game status. they still need to be a threat. right now, trist/kog are a threat to very few early game except against other late game hypers. trist's only problem is her extreme ability to play safe, but like i've pointed out before just get a hard engage champion, get your jungler, and dive her. a lot. hell you don't even need to kill her, kill her support and watch trist flail around because her early-mid game range is stupid bad.

Trist is just too safe. It's all about farming until 45 minutes, then tearing shit up.

addressed above.

Vayne never stops being short ranged. Ryze never stops being shortranged and immobile. Yi never stops being squishy. Kog never stops being immobile, etc, etc, etc.

Trist's weakness is that she has a weak phase that lasts 10 minutes at most, and how often do matches end in 20 minutes? Once she gets her third item she has zero weaknesses. Sure she wasn't the pivotal part of the LCS games, but let's not pretend she's fine regardless of her balance.

"Just dodge the spears"

Blizzard

Banned

Unless say, someone surrenders in 20 minutes (happens in ranked) or kills your nexus in 25-30 minutes (can happen in ranked), or your team starts raging and/or AFKs before 45 minutes (doesn't this happen a LOT in ranked?).

The flash example is a little silly because it has a MINIMUM 216-second cooldown, typically 300-seconds. That's 5 minutes to do something on the map before she will have it available again.

Nekofrog

Banned
Vayne never stops being short ranged. Ryze never stops being shortranged and immobile. Yi never stops being squishy. Kog never stops being immobile, etc, etc, etc.

Trist's weakness is that she has a weak phase that lasts 10 minutes at most, and how often do matches end in 20 minutes? Once she gets her third item she has zero weaknesses. Sure she wasn't the pivotal part of the LCS games, but let's not pretend she's fine.

"Just dodge the spears"

what is this

10 minutes?

the time window for trist haters gets smaller and smaller with every post. so trist is gonna get 3 items in 10 minutes and be a monster. OK!

what is this

10 minutes?

the time window for trist haters gets smaller and smaller with every post. so trist is gonna get 3 items in 10 minutes and be a monster. OK!
That's not what I said? I said the window in which Trist is weak lasts around 10 minutes, which is between 20~30 minutes.

pigeon

Banned

Well, Trist is not a good example in this case, because her early game is explicitly not that bad due to her high base damages. Kog'Maw or Nasus are much better examples of champions who basically do nothing early game and are extremely vulnerable.

Trist's weak point is the MIDGAME. Trist with a Statik Shiv loses to Lucian with a Ghostblade, and it's even worse if Trist is trying to rush IE as everybody did before they started rushing SS instead.

Unfortunately, it is pretty hard to target a champion's weak midgame, although again, there's a great example of exactly how to do so in the TSM vs C9 series. You need early pressure across the map to set up for an important midgame teamfight where Trist can't effectively contribute. If you play carefully early and just try to pressure hard in the midgame, you will need to play very well to take enough objectives to win before Trist can get into late game.

Again, Trist is pretty clearly going to get nerfed, so I'm not going to lose sleep over it, but I do think that the pros, at least, seem to THINK that Lucian should be able to beat Tristana. Maybe they're all idiots, but I have to assume there's some reason they think that, and there are at least a few games where we see Lucian trash her.

Nekofrog

Banned
That's not what I said? I said the window in which Trist is weak lasts around 10 minutes, which is between 20~30 minutes.

you can end a game before trist can get to her third item. apply enough pressure, take objectives at times when she is completely irrelevant, and push your lead further and further.

edit: lest we forget the TSM/C9 final where corki literally pooped all over trist in terms of contribution. it was again, someone other than turtle, completely carrying in that game.

you can end a game before trist can get to her third item. apply enough pressure, take objectives at times when she is completely irrelevant, and push your lead further and further.
Which is extremely easy to do with 4 strangers in a game that has champions like Ziggs in it, right?

brian!

i dont think tristana is going to get nerfed
late game champions will always be considered ridiculous cuz the majority of players in the game sit around holdin dat d

Nekofrog

Banned
newt you don't play trist so how would you even know

that's like you saying that the lucian rework is going to be terrible and make him worse ADC all time and that lucian in swahili means "bad adc who nobody will play anymore"

:>

brian!

the lucian change definitely made him worse
tabzz even levels w before e

he's not bad tho, he's the only champ w/ that cray damage rotation besides maybe corki and kog?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
i dont think tristana is going to get nerfed
late game champions will always be considered ridiculous cuz the majority of players in the game sit around holdin dat d
Average game length went up because of changes Riot implemented.

Jeff-DSA

The biggest issue I have with Tristana is that she has tons of escape AND high damage output. It seems like nearly every other champ has to trade away a bit of one of those.

Also, she's got a small exploitation window, but it takes a team of coordinated players extremely dialed in both in team composition and communication to make it work well. In solo or duo queue, you'll almost never abuse her mid game lull.

Nekofrog

Banned
Season 5 will have a crate a champion mode you can unlock for 90000 rp so you can bring anything you want into ranked in one package

Nekofrog

Banned
xULXVCl.png

in non tristana related discussion, this was the weirdest game i have ever had

we wrecked their botlane (was up 50 cs at one point), but our mid got so decimated that the enemy team was literally 5manning it over and over and over and over. it was like an aram game, both teams mid for 20 minutes defending outer mid turret. got my 2nd nonboots item at like 25 minutes. painful

Fuzzery

15-25

So if I'm understanding this correctly, you've made posts complaining about a champion of your preferred role being strong, but you don't want to even try that champion once...in ranked where you should want every advantage?

I mean, it's one thing if someone wants to play something like Nautilus in normals because they feel the game is too easy otherwise, but in ranked you play the game as it is. Either you rank up with Tristana because she's easy and great, or you learn her weaknesses. It's a win-win.

Tomshoe you should just instalock vayne EVERY GAME until ur challenger ez

Jeff-DSA

plz report RiotCosty

I'm going to go back to learning Yasuo. I like high skill champs. Katarina is by far and away my favorite champion to play, and I doubt he can be that hard. I wanna blow peeps up, yo. Besides, I bought his new skin. I gotta use it.

Newt

newt you don't play trist so how would you even know

that's like you saying that the lucian rework is going to be terrible and make him worse ADC all time and that lucian in swahili means "bad adc who nobody will play anymore"

:>
Lucian rework did make him worse though. But I also said he had the kit for 500 range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom