• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

Im still waiting to see a pantheon pull off his ult in game. Never seen one since his nerf.

It's harder since the nerf but it's still doable. It's best as a zoning or chase tool. i.e. Ult behind the enemy bot lane and they are stuck running through your ult to get away or engaging your botlane and letting Pantheon get a free flank. Or ult ahead of a team that is trying to disengage. They'll often scatter and your team can pick off the easy targets. Or sometimes they'll just get ulted anyways and it's an easy kill (no one expects how much damage Pantheon ult actually does if it lands on you). You can't just ult the middle of a lane anymore and expect to get the drop on someone that's paying attention. The ult nerf took away that ability.

The biggest problem I've found in solo queue with Pantheon is it's WAY too easy to take all the kills. His E passive makes nuking a low health target stupid easy and you end up starving your laners of kills. It's a lot harder to carry the game as Pantheon if you are all of your team's kills seeing as he's on the front line most of the time. You need to have a good sense of your damage and try to keep some kills going to your laners. Alternatively use that gold to get some good vision down and counter jungle/secure all objectives and help your laners win that way.

tm24

Alistar is still pretty good because his stats and teamfight are amazing, his damage isn't just as ridiculous anymore if you go the sheen route.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'll have to try Pantheon. Never liked him or had much trouble against him but I've only heard great things about him from you guys.

Ocho

Top 3 picks at my elo:

Top: Poppy, Malphite, Gangplank

Mid: Annie, Ashe, Zed

Jungle: Amumu, Jarvan, Fiddlestick

ADC: Ashe, Vayne, Ezreal

Support: Blitzcrank, Leona, Thresh

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Heart monitor gold graph.
8AxZQvx.jpg

Jeff-DSA

if it works in bronze for someone who has no idea what he's doing, it HAS to work in diamond for someone who does know what he's doing

right? :\

I checked the math, it works.

I keep talking about my riding redheads to gold idea. I think I need to do it. Here's the plan.

Top: Fiora
Mid: Katarina
ADC: Miss Fortune
Support: Annie or Nami with the proper skin
Jungle: Fiora

To gold. To gold, I say. Plus it's a good hook for a stream to be based on.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
jungle olaf is great, you throw your axe into lane, retrieve it and say 'well, now that I'm here i'll just take a little tax'.

pigeon

Banned
It's harder since the nerf but it's still doable. It's best as a zoning or chase tool. i.e. Ult behind the enemy bot lane and they are stuck running through your ult to get away or engaging your botlane and letting Pantheon get a free flank. Or ult ahead of a team that is trying to disengage. They'll often scatter and your team can pick off the easy targets. Or sometimes they'll just get ulted anyways and it's an easy kill (no one expects how much damage Pantheon ult actually does if it lands on you). You can't just ult the middle of a lane anymore and expect to get the drop on someone that's paying attention. The ult nerf took away that ability.

The biggest problem I've found in solo queue with Pantheon is it's WAY too easy to take all the kills. His E passive makes nuking a low health target stupid easy and you end up starving your laners of kills. It's a lot harder to carry the game as Pantheon if you are all of your team's kills seeing as he's on the front line most of the time. You need to have a good sense of your damage and try to keep some kills going to your laners. Alternatively use that gold to get some good vision down and counter jungle/secure all objectives and help your laners win that way.

This is pretty insightful. Definitely an issue I run into with Pantheon when I play him is that you take 6 kills across the map and it feels like you're winning, but Pantheon's a caster, thus squishy and bursty, and it's hard for him to carry on his own if people focus him appropriately.

The other problem you run into is that you start feeling maniacally powerful and chasing people through their base throwing spears at them, which only works for so long.

Also, no matter what the guides tell you, don't build Bloodthirster on Pantheon. It's really unhelpful for him now.

Jeff-DSA

Fiora is passable as a jungler, but she's a kill stealer for sure with her ult. Can't count how many times I've accidentally taken the kills when I mean to give them up. Once you start that ult, you're wrecking face quickly and uncontrollably.

Fuzzery

if it works in bronze for someone who has no idea what he's doing, it HAS to work in diamond for someone who does know what he's doing

right? :\

OBVIOUSLY, I mean what could possibly go wrong

A guy on my team said that the enemy darius on their team was a diamond 1 streamer, so he opened up the stream to ghost, and see if they were invading...so dirty

Quenk

I'm surprised people aren't mentioning Eve jungle. I rarely play 5s these days but she's one of the junglers I'm still comfortable playing.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Fiora is passable as a jungler, but she's a kill stealer for sure with her ult. Can't count how many times I've accidentally taken the kills when I mean to give them up. Once you start that ult, you're wrecking face quickly and uncontrollably.

jungle fiora only knows carry

garath

This is pretty insightful. Definitely an issue I run into with Pantheon when I play him is that you take 6 kills across the map and it feels like you're winning, but Pantheon's a caster, thus squishy and bursty, and it's hard for him to carry on his own if people focus him appropriately.

The other problem you run into is that you start feeling maniacally powerful and chasing people through their base throwing spears at them, which only works for so long.

Also, no matter what the guides tell you, don't build Bloodthirster on Pantheon. It's really unhelpful for him now.

It separates the good jungle Pantheons from the great jungle Pantheons (lol)! You feel like a god 8/1/0 (giving the shutdown to the enemy mid) when your team has 11 kills total then it all comes crashing down when the teamfights break out.

Definitely no Bloodthirster.

Elder Lizard->brutalizer is pretty much my core. From there I may go Last whisper for more damage or start building tank. Always tank after Last whisper if I go that route. Hexdrinker, Randuins, Banshees are all great items on him. Upgrade brut into Black cleaver late game for extra damage.

Once in a blue moon something like frozen heart or thornmail might be handy. I don't think I'd ever build spirit visage.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
It separates the good jungle Pantheons from the great jungle Pantheons (lol)! You feel like a god 8/1/0 (giving the shutdown to the enemy mid) when your team has 11 kills total then it all comes crashing down when the teamfights break out.

Definitely no Bloodthirster.

Elder Lizard->brutalizer is pretty much my core. From there I may go Last whisper for more damage or start building tank. Always tank after Last whisper if I go that route. Hexdrinker, Randuins, Banshees are all great items on him. Upgrade brut into Black cleaver late game for extra damage.

Once in a blue moon something like frozen heart or thornmail might be handy. I don't think I'd ever build spirit visage.
Tiamat is something i always build on top and jungle melee, its a better choice than bloodthirsters as that is better for adcs.

Tizoc

The only 2 games I lost as Fortune in today were due to weak support.
...but bah gawd is this woman wet paper come end game...

Jeff-DSA

The only 2 games I lost as Fortune in today were due to weak support.
...but bah gawd is this woman wet paper come end game...

Try adding in a Banshee's Veil or some other defense item as your last pickup if you're getting blown up. By the time you get near full build you should probably have all the attack damage and attack speed you need. A BT can help with its shield and life steal as well, but I don't like taking that before LW or, obviously, IE.

Tizoc

Try adding in a Banshee's Veil or some other defense item as your last pickup if you're getting blown up. By the time you get near full build you should probably have all the attack damage and attack speed you need. A BT can help with its shield and life steal as well, but I don't like taking that before LW or, obviously, IE.

Right Now my primary item builds are:
IE>LW>Zeal
...but Fortune could go with attack speed, and I'm favouring PD over Statik. Trinity sounds tempting because of its passives so I'll try building it in a future game, like immediatly after Zeal, and replacing one of my first 2 Dorans.

Newt

IE>LW>Zeal
...but Fortune could go with attack speed, and I'm favouring PD over Statik. Trinity sounds tempting because of its passives so I'll try building it in a future game, like immediatly after Zeal, and replacing one of my first 2 Dorans.
That's a pretty awful build. You're wasting all the crit chance you bought with that IE.

Ferrio

Banned
IE>LW>Zeal

2nd item LW might be a bit too soon unless they're incredibly stacking armor.

IE>LW>Zeal
Gotta multiply that crit, at the very least get a zeal before LW

Tizoc

2nd item LW might be a bit too soon unless they're incredibly stacking armor.

That's a pretty awful build. You're wasting all the crit chance you bought with that IE.

That so? Well I'll use Trinity or PD as my 2nd item and test it out.

Speaking of which, why does Team Builder take forever to get just 1 more role added? It's either a Jungler, a Bot Support or Bot ADC. Rito pls.

Jeff-DSA

Speaking of which, why does Team Builder take forever to get just 1 more role added? It's either a Jungler, a Bot Support or Bot ADC. Rito pls.

For MF, I get IE and her boots first and then go get PD, LW, BT, and my final item is dependent on what they're doing. Usually Banshee's Veil. Save getting that LW until after your attack speed item (Youmuu's works too) as they won't be building armor yet.

Tizoc

To be fair, when your team or Miss Fortune is ahead, the opposing team won't even consider armor until it is their final item.
Or that's just EU NE.

Ferrio

Banned
To be fair, when your team or Miss Fortune is ahead, the opposing team won't even consider armor until it is their final item.
Or that's just EU NE.

Only bad people will. I see a ADC that's fed, You're sure as shit I'm putting on a randuins or something ASAP. It's usually a question of having the gold. Hard to complete against that 6/0/3 adc.

pigeon

Banned

* There are a ton of people who duo bot lane, which means they don't appear in the finder because they have to start their own group in order to duo.
* Some supports are Supports and some are Tanks, so setting Support as a required role cuts your possible selection in half. Most notably, Leona and Blitz are Tanks if you queue with their recommended role.
* If you just set bot lane to be "two of whatever role," your odds of getting two supports or two ADCs are like 50% and it's terrible.
* The jungler one is just that people hate jungling.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Top 3 picks at my elo:

Top: Poppy, Malphite, Gangplank

Mid: Annie, Ashe, Zed

Jungle: Amumu, Jarvan, Fiddlestick

ADC: Ashe, Vayne, Ezreal

Support: Blitzcrank, Leona, Thresh

I still remember Ashe mid with teleport was a thing in season 1. Ult from base to mid lane, teleport in for the kill.

zkylon

zkylewd
ibrGAtO9q22tQG.png

finally found the way for poor baby zed's first win

no jungler

afk lee sin for half the game

quinn

who knew, crab, maybe you were right after all

bokn

Banned
I really want to buy Kha zix, but I don't know how long it will be until I have that much IP.
Why Khazix of all the junglers?
I'm surprised people aren't mentioning Eve jungle. I rarely play 5s these days but she's one of the junglers I'm still comfortable playing.
I used to jungle as Eve only. Not anymore! Eve lost so much of her fighting power that she now relies on you being able to actively avoid the enemy jungler because you will usually lose the 2v2 or 1v1

Nekofrog

Banned
Why Khazix of all the junglers?

I used to jungle as Eve only. Not anymore! Eve lost so much of her fighting power that she now relies on you being able to actively avoid the enemy jungler because you will usually lose the 2v2 or 1v1

Smite ignite eve. go to their 2nd buff and wait for them to get low, free kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom