• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
If this is my team comp I probably already lost.

lol

yea ardent censer is just a dumb idea right now

like i thought it could've been used for like super push comps with sona+jinx+nunu but nah, it's never worth it

if you want to give your team stats buy zeke's.

or just buy a good support item :p

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
lol

like i thought it could've been used for like super push comps with sona+jinx+nunu but nah, it's never worth it

whoa

its never that serious

Jeff-DSA

My support told me that "when I play support, the ADC better farm champions because I'm taking CS." Yeah, he did too. Took more CS than me in lane and really made it rough on me. Luckily I could farm kills while he was taking CS and dying. What a douche. Such an annoying match.

ScxVCzN.png

Jeff-DSA

lol

It's not bad for a late game item on Nami, but it's situational.

Jeff-DSA

no, it's really really bad on everyone at every point of the game

attack speed is always a shit stat to give to your team

Nami benefits well though. She's blazing fast, her heals are great, the AP boost makes her hit surprisingly hard, more cooldown, and I don't think it's all that bad to give your AD champs some extra hits in a fight. It's really not bad if you already have your Crucible, Sightstone, boots, a Locket, and Frost Queen's.

zkylon

zkylewd
Nami benefits well though. She's blazing fast, her heals are great, the AP boost makes her hit surprisingly hard, more cooldown, and I don't think it's all that bad to give your AD champs some extra hits in a fight. It's really not bad if you already have your Crucible, Sightstone, boots, a Locket, and Frost Queen's.
if you already have sighstone, boots 5, gp10, upgraded red trinket and two more items then your final slot should be used for pink wards.

you're removing your team's ability of permanently denying vision (if you're 6 items then everyone else is) in exchange for 40 ap, 10% cdr and the shittiest most useless passive ever. it's not worth it.

buy a blue pot if you need cdr and ap

tm24

The buff the heals give at best is 2-3 more autos if youre lucky and dont have to move. At late game, the effect is even weaker since your adc already has plenty of AS and the effect is almost neglible. It's better to just make yourself stronger so you can keep your adc alive if youre not gonna pack pinks.

zkylon

zkylewd
blue pot lasts 3 minutes and costs 250g

ardent censer is 2200. that's 8 blue pots, 24 minutes (aka what should be around 60% of your game time) of 10% cdr and 25-40 ap.

seriously now

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Oh for the love of god don't accidentally ram someone over a wall saving them. I might never play Alistar again after the verbal abuse I got. I feel like the only thing I have going for me in League is my patience for bronze wannabe pros that just yell at people in the chat box.

Ferrio

Banned
Oh for the love of god don't accidentally ram someone over a wall saving them. I might never play Alistar again after the verbal abuse I got. I feel like the only thing I have going for me in League is my patience for bronze wannabe pros that just yell at people in the chat box.

To be fair, that's extremely frustrating to see when it happens on your team.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
To be fair, that's extremely frustrating to see when it happens on your team.
I'm just having a difficult time playing catch up on learning all of the champions. Somehow I coasted my way to level 30 on only a few mids and adcs so here I am with viable players while lacking a lot of basic skills and fundamentals. Almost seems better to just start over.

Blizzard

Banned
Alistar, Janna, and Gragas are great champions for helping the other team reach safety.

Tristana and Vayne can save the other team too, but since bad Tristana players may do the Vayne equivalent of tumbling into the enemy, and use their jump into a high health enemy, they can easily die instead of actually saving anyone.

Jeff-DSA

Think we got drop hacked on our final push in. Game got super laggy as we were destroying final turrets and it had been running super smoothly up until that very moment. As the nexus was blowing up, it started to chunk real hard. It did say victory and take us to the post match, but the stats never loaded and the game isn't showing in my history at all. My LP Is the same in my profile and there's no match in the history.

I'm going to be pissed if I don't get credit for that one.

Mothman91

Think we got drop hacked on our final push in. Game got super laggy as we were destroying final turrets and it had been running super smoothly up until that very moment. As the nexus was blowing up, it started to chunk real hard. It did say victory and take us to the post match, but the stats never loaded and the game isn't showing in my history at all. My LP Is the same in my profile and there's no match in the history.

I'm going to be pissed if I don't get credit for that one.

Naw, NA is really getting fucked right now.

Jeff-DSA

Naw, NA is really getting fucked right now.

Cool timing. So I'm either not going to get credit for that or I'm going to get the "Loss Prevented" equivalent and get like 7 LP, huh? The game was 10 seconds from over when it started acting up too, that's what sucks.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
I wonder if my best bet right now is just to fill with what I have in a bunch of normals and forget anything that I wanted to main. Or quit, I complain a lot.

Jeff-DSA

Yep, finally posted. 7 LP. Such crap. Even when I win, I'm losing these days.

Edit: That's two straight times I've had my support go full on AP/CS steal. Won both games, but it's pretty hard when you struggle to get CS. In neither game did the support buy a single support item or even a single ward.

pigeon

Banned

Just play Janna instead! No chance of accidentally knocking back YOUR team and ruining a teamfight!

Akira

23.jpg

new announcer text pretty cool

Are the maps/lanes still flat? In the videos I've seen the lanes look like flat asphalt roads with a grass and dirt texture. At least in the current map, the textures have shadows to give it some depth/dimension.

zkylon

zkylewd
i remember a reddit thread that predicted lux would be competitive thanks to ardent censer

lol

Are the maps/lanes still flat? In the videos I've seen the lanes look like flat asphalt roads with a grass and dirt texture. At least in the current map, the textures have shadows to give it some depth/dimension.
i don't understand the question

what is "still flat"?

which current map?

dimension?

???

Sofo

Had a really fun Normal game with 4 other friends vs a 5 premade. I was Thresh supporting Tristana. The colleague playing Trist doesn't ADC much if at all (it's the whiny Yasuo player) so it felt like I was schooling him a bit but with a couple good ganks from our Khazix and a couple lucky hooks, we pulled through. His farming was pretty bad, and he would W in the middle of teamfights, something I am familiar from my own experience haha, but we got some nice picks and our fed Galio mid helped a lot.

This time I opted for CDR boots because we were a bit stuck in lane, and roaming to mid was kinda useless, since our Galio was having such a nice time farming Zilean.

http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUW1/1661920384/206655443

Was as really fun game regardless! Vayne tried to sneak in our base and got an inhib but after we killed her, it gave us the momentum to bust the doors of mid.

Also would like to give a shoutout to Korten, who shared a code with me! Thank you so much! o.o/

Ferrio

Banned

i remember a reddit thread that predicted lux would be competitive thanks to ardent censer

lol

i don't understand the question

what is "still flat"?

which current map?

dimension?

???

He means like dota, where there's height advantages due to the terrain. In league stairs aren't really "higher".

Though I haven't played the new map, that'd be way too big a fundamental change to the game, so no it's not.

bokn

Banned
Everything is awful.

I have played 8 games since Tuesday.

In none of those 8 games did I have a support that was helpful.

I have never been closer to feeling like I want to quit than right now.

You should duo with a friendly Neogaf support! Neogaf is full of support players!

Which server do you play on?

zkylon

zkylewd
He means like dota, where there's height advantages due to the terrain. In league stairs aren't really "higher".

Though I haven't played the new map, that'd be way too big a fundamental change to the game, so no it's not.
what a weird fucking way to phrase it if that's the case

totally mixing up gameplay and visuals and shit

new visuals are made just like the old ones, diffuse map with baked in lighting + base directional lighting. there's no need for dynamic lighting cos there's no light day cycle like in doto so that's why it is like it is. they also elected to make the floor textures smoother and desaturated (unlike the live ones that are super sharp and "overdetailed" aka have a lot of noise) so that character models and particle effects pop more for more readability

as far as height as a gameplay mechanic no changes there in new map, there are stairs from mid lane leading up to the river that serve no gameplay purpose, they're just there for prettiness sake

the new map is really really cool

Sofo

My support told me that "when I play support, the ADC better farm champions because I'm taking CS." Yeah, he did too. Took more CS than me in lane and really made it rough on me. Luckily I could farm kills while he was taking CS and dying. What a douche. Such an annoying match.

ScxVCzN.png

How is this even real? What was his/her logic? wtf

I feel that no matter how bad your ADC is, you can pull through as support, but doesn't work viceversa. A bad support can cripple you so bad. ._.

Grats on pulling through though!

Ferga

I personally like to buy a dorans blade with ruby sightstone and a heart of gold on a support to help my harass. You get so tanky and have ad and lifesteal.

I like it the most on orianna and thresh. The AD scaling on the flay auto is amazing with doran's blade. The lifesteal can help me and my adc win fights too so no stats are going to waste. People might argue the gold is not efficient but it works for me.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Yeah, it really is. My preferred build on Supp Lulu is:

Face of the Mountain > Ruby Sightstone > Ardent Cencer > Mejais > Zeke's > Mobies
Wow, let me write that down for the next time we play a game.

Ferga

Hahahaha. I just played alistar with 20ping and the W-Q combo is so damn easy to land with smart cast.

Damn you, NA ping. Near impossible to do with smart cast even when I have the W range memorised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom