• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neol

I mean they already established different nations, factions, classes, races and a ton of background lore to work with.

An MMO wouldn't sound crazy at all.

Ferrio

Banned
I mean they already established different nations, factions, classes, races and a ton of background lore to work with.

An MMO wouldn't sound crazy at all.

It would be horrible. You go from a bunch of characters that are fairly unique, to a bunch of soulless copies that all share the same abilities/looks.

I think a better direction would be a game that's just instanced raid type of setup with matchmaking. Have a team of 16 champs take on a dungeon.

It would be horrible. You go from a bunch of characters that are fairly unique, to a bunch of soulless copies that all share the same abilities/looks.

I think a better direction would be a game that's just instanced raid type of setup with matchmaking. Have a team of 16 champs take on a dungeon.

Probably you would see the champions as NPCs anyway.

Neol

Oh for sure it would be terrible. I have no faith in Riot's ability to make an MMO but the possibility is still there.

Feel like a diablo styled game wouldn't be too bad.

Tizoc

Will try out Cassiopia with the new rework.

Galactic Azir splash is effin' slick.
Fine Rito, you have my money...

The new Cass splash looks really weird to me. Like, maybe that's an okay snake pose, but her face makes me think of a pharaoh or something.

What Ashe one? I don't see Ashe there or on the site.

Freljord_Wallpaper.jpg

summons pls

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Christ, they must've robbed the West Coast blind for these fucking background artists.

drawkcaB

I must be spoiled. All I can think after seeing those sweet BG picks is where are Demacia, Noxus, Piltover, and Bandle City?

Ferrio said:
I liked GW2 a lot. If this game didn't have me by the balls I'd reinstall it.

Same. I'd be neck deep in GW2 outside of the odd strategy game.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
what's this mean :I

They didn't have artists of this caliber a year ago, is what I mean.

Riot's been expanding relentlessly in the LA area, poaching talent from Facebook, Blizzard, etc., and it seems they're picking up more than just software engineers or designers, but artists as well, which explains the map update.

zkylon

zkylewd
tbh the whole league of legends thing is stupid and super unsustainable if they wanna do something fun with lore so i'm glad they kill it

like "league of legends", "fields of justice", "summoner's rift", are all fun and exciting words but that didn't really make any sense lol. what kind of world would be that stupid lol

all i want from lore is just stories about champions, the vi versus jinx thing, all this ascension crap, hinted ships, all that shit i eat it all up

Riot's been expanding relentlessly, poaching talent from Facebook, Blizzard, etc., and it seems they're picking up more than just software engineers or designers, but artists as well, which explains the map update.
a lot of the art is outsourced tho

if you're as obsessed with browsing deviantart as i am you'll find a lot of artists doing one-offs for riot or just working freelance for em. i think they used a studio to do many splash arts like new annie and vlad splashes

DeadNames

Banned
Splash Art is fucking gorgeous. A first person League game would be amazing.

Tbh, I didn't like the whole Summoner thing either. It limited the story a lot.

That being said, riot just retconned their whole game. LOL.

Riot's been expanding relentlessly in the LA area, poaching talent from Facebook, Blizzard, etc., and it seems they're picking up more than just software engineers or designers, but artists as well, which explains the map update.
All the money we spend on this shit has to go somewhere

It sure ain't going on servers

Edwardo

Splash Art is fucking gorgeous. A first person League game would be amazing.

Tbh, I didn't like the whole Summoner thing either. It limited the story a lot.

That being said, riot just retconned their whole game. LOL.

It's ok though because the story is the least important part of this game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom