• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

V_Arnold

mechanically intensive champion that is difficult to play well outside of laning phase because of is nature as a dive assassin, making it hard to teamfight with him unless you force a team split.

he's a terrible teamfighter if you really think about it because his burst at level 6 is massively delayed, meaning that exhaust during his deathmark combos absolutely destroys his damage and deathmark itself during teamfights is risky because he's diving into the middle of 5 people, meaning that he can get focused and blown up if played poorly.

solo que also doesn't play to his strengths, which is as a 1v1 duelist, great at picking off individual targets (aka splitpush/pick comp) since everyone basically needs to group otherwise you'll end up in throwing situations.

tl;dr zed can 1v1 anyone that doesn't have 300+ armor but the players' skill and the general nature of solo q shits on his playstyle.

I see, thanks. So Zed is not a broken or bad champion, just not easy to play with.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah, zed literally turns useless like 25 minutes in.

he can't kill anyone and he will run into your tank when splitpushing and just run away because your tank will have like a million armor.

there's zero reason to pick zed over fizz or ahri or talon unless you want to lose lp

Just saw an AP Nidalee dumpster the living hell out of Zed. She didn't play as a poker either. She was usually in the middle of teamfights.
LAgdys9.png

Sofo

I am curious to how many hours I've spent on LoL. I tried using one of those websites that tells you how long you've been on it, but didn't work for me! So strange. ._.

Ugh servers have been fine the last two days yet I've gone 1-7. Haven't really encountered trolls or feeders either. Just been having terrible luck.

Laned with a Blitz against Trist and couldn't do anything. Land hook, she jumps away.

i haven't played for a couple of month and my elo dropped from Gold IV-V to Bronze 3 due to inactivity and now i'm stomping all my soloqueu games, i don't think how this helps anyone.

brian!

zed needs a very small window to land his burst and has a free escape button, can outsplit most laners and a lot of these laners dont build qss or zhonyas, and has a lot of breathing room thanks to his mobility

he's hard to play in teamfights but he can still dive someone and get out if he isn't going in by himself...
like any assassin he's a lot harder to play if he's behind but it's also hard to get behind as zed

he can kill most of the squish ap mids pretty instantly without his ult if they are at like 50% early on

i haven't played for a couple of month and my elo dropped from Gold IV-V to Bronze 3 due to inactivity and now i'm stomping all my soloqueu games, i don't think how this helps anyone.
Elo decay happens at Gold/Silver too? That's ridiculous. It should only happen to like Diamond and above. Basically what they're doing is forcing you to play.

Any of you have an Xbox One? I just bought one yesterday.
I'm gonna get one soon. I can't wait. I don't like my PS4

Tizoc

Support Talon ain't no joke.
Doesn't help that I have a light fever which led to us losing the game =_=.

I did win a game as Irelia before that. Game started with everyone feeding, then all of a sudden the opposing Ez started trolling and Vayne started gettinglots of kills, me as well.

After an ace we rushed teir inhibitor then took teir turrets and won the game.
I'd link it but match history hasn't updated myaltest mathes yet =_=

I just found out about the whole Lore Reboot thing.

Like, why the HELL isn't there a new thread for that?!

I've got so many questions..

And at least two of my favourite champions, Renekton and Nasus, now don't have any reason to exist in Runeterra.

Although, since without the league/summonners lore-wise, Currently Runeterrs can't exist either.

Mainly due to the Voidwalker trio.

Kha'zix kills everyone on the planet. (Except Rengar. He'll torture that lion-dude for eternity in the void..)
Cho'Gath eats the bodies.
Kog'Maw EATS THE REST OF THE PLANET.

The End..

I am quite interested to see how the Writing team at Riot manage to sort this out. cause they just made a VERY big job for themselves..

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
That's how AP Nid has to play in order to work. A pokey build will only take you so far nowadays.

I've always wanted to learn Nid. Even moreso now

plus she's got my favorite skin (headhunter nid) and I almost never play as her so I kinda feel bad about it

and malphite

i don't even know how to malphite

Burt

Galio's a pretty fun support, even though he's not actually all that great at it. Fuck leveling E at all and max Q and he's this wonky harass tank in lane. Has a ton of synergy with Face of the Mountain. The fact that he pushes is a bit of a problem, but chunking the enemy ADC at such low risk with the bonus armor and healing from his W is nice, and his ult is good both offensively and as peel/counter engage. It's a bit tricky to use well considering how easily it gets interrupted or can just be whiffed, like when our Gragas top tossed toss his keg on me one time when I had a 4 person lockdown set up, but it's great when you nail it.

My biggest problem with it is that I tend to get overaggressive with it and dive in right at 6 rather than making sure the other team is chipped down first to guarantee some kills.

Kenai

Galio's a pretty fun support, even though he's not actually all that great at it. Fuck leveling E at all and max Q and he's this wonky harass tank in lane. Has a ton of synergy with Face of the Mountain. The fact that he pushes is a bit of a problem, but chunking the enemy ADC at such low risk with the bonus armor and healing from his W is nice, and his ult is good both offensively and as peel/counter engage. It's a bit tricky to use well considering how easily it gets interrupted or can just be whiffed, like when our Gragas top tossed toss his keg on me one time when I had a 4 person lockdown set up, but it's great when you nail it.

My biggest problem with it is that I tend to get overaggressive with it and dive in right at 6 rather than making sure the other team is chipped down first to guarantee some kills.

If you like Galio support, try Gragas. After the rework I feel he basically outclasses him in every way botlane (shame since I really like Galio's aesthetics). Zones better with Q, does a TON of damage with a E+W+auto combo which is pretty easy to do, ult is harder to counter (but admittedly harder to use) can peel or dive through some walls with E and his passive gives him free sustain and works great with a tanky support build.

garath

This is so frustrating.. all I want to do is play a game. Every time I've tried in the past two weeks it's been nothing but disconnects and lag.

edit: and to boot, I'm going to decay in 7 days. You think I want to play ranked in this shit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom