• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like the opposite of what I thought Riot wanted. It provides a team general sustain but it's not going to turn fights.

Well if that's the case surely Riot will just tweak the numbers accordingly?

I got Celestine Soraka from mystery gift so I'm looking forward to her being viable.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Well if that's the case surely Riot will just tweak the numbers accordingly?
Soraka is built for long term sustain. I don't think it's something they can tweak. Harass the enemy from long range for HP returns and use your HP pool to heal your allies. At least there's more on the line when it comes to risk, because you have to land long range Starcalls.

zkylon

zkylewd
well i'm not really sure since i haven't thought about it all that much but seems like the idea is that losing 10% hp every time you heal isn't really sustainable in the long run unless you're constantly getting good qs off which would force her to be constantly fighting?

but yeah it does seem like heals won't be high impact, more like "active sustain" or whatchamacallit.

not really sure how i feel about it tbh but i hate soraka's design so i don't really care

i like the particle effects tho

dimb

well i'm not really sure but seems like the idea is that losing 10% hp every time you heal isn't really sustainable in the long run unless you're constantly getting good qs off which would force her to be constantly fighting?
The range on it is so long that you can just throw them out all the time.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I hate promos. Currently at 0-2 again. Even if I win the next one, the thought that I have to win 2 more fucking sucks. *sigh*

pigeon

Banned
It's like the opposite of what I thought Riot wanted. It provides a team general sustain but it's not going to turn fights.

?

Soraka's heal is literally five times better than the next best heal in the game now.

Sona's heal: 105 +20% AP (with "healexecute", so max of 210 +40%), 10s cooldown. Max HPS: 21 + 4%
Nami's heal: 185 +30% AP (with some bouncing that I won't calculate), 10s cooldown. Max HPS: 18.5 + 3% AP (plus bouncing).
OG Soraka's heal: 270 + 35% AP (50% healexecute, max of 402 + 52.5%), 20s cooldown. Max HPS: 20.1 + 2.6%
New Soraka's heal: 230 +60% AP, 2s cooldown. Max HPS: 115 + 30%.

I mean, it's absurd. It's on a whole new level. The individual heal casts are not that powerful, but the cooldown is incredibly low and the scaling is also significantly stronger than other heals.

The big problem is that once you pump out like a thousand points of healing (which takes you like 4 seconds once you get some items) you'll be at half life unless you hit some people with stars in the meantime. Soraka has two huge problems to solve: assassins and Grievous Wounds. Most people only have one. (Morello's literally just shuts her down forever.)

The biggest issue with her new setup is that she now has the slowest move speed in the game when not running towards somebody who's at 40% health. It's going to be really hard to actually play her effectively. Which I guess is the point.

dimb

?

Soraka's heal is literally five times better than the next best heal in the game now.
It's not like the health is literally appearing from nowhere though. Soraka sacrifices a lot for each heal, and the Starcall returns are not amazing. I don't even know what your numbers are supposed to prove when stuff like Sona heal can hit so many targets at once, or the shield it provides. The low cooldown on Astral Infusion isn't a green light to spam heals. With no natural escapes Soraka is an easy target, and she's missing the massive armor bonus her heal used to provide. As it is Soraka kind of just looks like an annoyance, and the weak returns on her reworked abilities certainly don't feel satisfying for the high cost they carry. As it is, nothing in the kit is very reliable.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me

Type2

Two days of 700ping guess im giving this game a rest until my new Ethernet cable comes in.

...maybe arams if im ip thirsty.

ODfAZp1.jpg

Just never gets boring. Love you forever TF. Silver IV here we come!!!!!

Does the AP ratio of the self heal from Soraka's Q also scale with missing health, or is it just base scaling?

Can Soraka heal herself with W? If so, doesn't seem so bad. 230 (+60% AP) should be more than enough to cover the max health cost. I don't think she even needs mana capacity.

Balls. So for 25% max health cost, you can only gain 60-120 (+40% AP) back. SV probably won't even help that much. I'm guessing she'll have an agonizing time dealing with teammates complaining she won't heal them.

Fuzzery

Damn, just won a game, stats didn't load, and after game it's as if it never happened. Morg also dced for like 10 mins. DDOS?!?!?

drawkcaB

Oh hey, I didn't lose 8 support games in a row...I lost 9! Hooray! Let's see if I can get my entire screen filled with red losses. Win bot lane convincingly? DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER.

Jeff-DSA

Our moron jungler came bot and died three times and then blamed us for losing the lane when the first tower fell. He fed at least one kill into each other lane too. I fought back and got fed and started wrecking in fights, but nothing could stop a team that fed in the end. I was only person on the team that could do any damage.

Sofo

Oh hey, I didn't lose 8 support games in a row...I lost 9! Hooray! Let's see if I can get my entire screen filled with red losses. Win bot lane convincingly? DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER.

Which support were you playing? I sometimes have a hard time translating winning lane as Thresh/Leona into winning game.

Anyway, when will the servers be back on? I want my daily win! Also, so annoyed that Braum isn't going on RP sale yet... been 119 days now! And I am so tempted to get Lulu and Lucian (both on sale now and the next). ._.

Sofo

Yup...my friend just won twice. He was in series. Was supposed to go up into S3, he's still at 1 win in series...

Couldn't that be someone with drophack? I was watching YoungGooby's stream and he mentioned it, and googling it made me terrified. But the good thing is that your friend could file a ticket against a suspected player, no? Idk how good is the support in Rito but worth checking it out!

bokn

Banned
She looks like zyra but has the textures of maokai.
I dont think I like it.
That sounds kind of racist.
I hate promos. Currently at 0-2 again. Even if I win the next one, the thought that I have to win 2 more fucking sucks. *sigh*
If CLG can do it, so can you.
You can still snowball hard, lol.
Solo Queue is snowball central. Not being able to finish a game with a commanding lead is your own fault folks!
Thought I'd give ranked one more go.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1534663924/38876759/eog

Nope fuck it, I'm done.

If this was S2, sure cause you could snowball hard. Can't anymore, all it takes is one idiot doing something really fucking stupid mid/late game and it's over. That fucking lucian.
Wait, why are you talking about 'snowballing hard' when your team was only ever barely ahead and then lost all the dragons? I mean yeah, you killed the Fizz a few times in lane but then he got them sick roams off. Doesn't seem like you converted your advantage into one of:
1. shitting on the enemy jungler
2. getting his tower
3. getting the dragon
4. getting them sick roams off on another lane
ODfAZp1.jpg

Just never gets boring. Love you forever TF. Silver IV here we come!!!!!
Damn. I'm interested in trying this. Do you have a guide written up somewhere to link me?
Yup...my friend just won twice. He was in series. Was supposed to go up into S3, he's still at 1 win in series...
They have been crediting missing LP recently, so I think you can just wait for that.

Jeff-DSA

WTF is going on tonight?

t0OeX3P.png

After winning it says (unranked) instead of the LP I got. Then on Lolking the match history shows this:

rDWbxHy.png

1 minute from now.

Uh, ok...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom