• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
you have an aatrox avatar

your opinion vote has been disregarded

edit: top lane only looks healthy right now because it isn't restricted completely to 3 champions and only 3 champions

it's still pretty bad now with rejected ap mages being toplaners
well i dunno, ryze and kayle were both played top lane long before this season so lulu is the only one

same with nidalee and gragas

Wait where?
can't remember when it was but it was his last series

like he had this look when i think they had picked jax for him or something he knew didn't work and didn't want to play, but also after seeing the picks they had given the enemy team

ZPKvXNr.jpg

no matter how i feel about clg it was pretty sad to see the poor guy broken up like that

Blizzard

Banned
The point is that because of resets Tristana doesn't need to be strong at 12 or 13 minutes or whatever to get a quadra kill in a dragon fight. All she needs is some low hp targets and like a pickaxe or something to just goomba stomp one after the other and get resets which means more kills. No other ADC has that sort of power and can overcome their apparently weak mid-game like Tristana can.

A well placed Ori ult or something giving her low HP targets will mean kills, early Infinity Edge and probably a won game because Tristana has no counterplay except hope she doesn't get ahead early.
The other team should save some sort of CC so she can't use the goomba jump safely, though. You don't want to all-in while letting Tristana stay out of the fight.

But yes, the reset was what I was asking about -- if the reset is your complaint in that situation, then yes, she can get resets against bad players where other ADC's won't have a reset mechanic.

I agree, delete tristana.
You have DeadNames agreeing with you, Phillip. Sit and think about that for a while. :p

pigeon

Banned
i'm literally saying late game comps shouldn't have a place

like it's shit design that some champions are like ok i wasn't completely shutdown by minute 30 so it's gg

you can have different scaling and different power curves but the way it's handled in league is awful

I'd like to hear more about this, really. I can imagine a game where they didn't have different power curves, but I actually have trouble envisioning a game where there were early-game and late-game champions but late-game comps weren't a thing.

Full disclosure, I like picking late-game champions because I'm bad at the game but I know attacking is harder than defending. So I'm happy to take the champ that wins in the long run and say to my opponent, "Hey, go ahead and make all the plays you want." But this might just be an elo thing, because taking the initiative is a pretty hard skill and at my level people probably just don't have it.

no matter how i feel about clg it was pretty sad to see the poor guy broken up like that
What were their picks?

I thought it was because he messed up really bad in the previous game which caused them a loss. Not sure if it was this case, but I remember something like it.

zkylon

zkylewd
31.jpg

i know bladecraft ori is pretty sweet already but way to get me excited for nothing -_-

I'd like to hear more about this, really. I can imagine a game where they didn't have different power curves, but I actually have trouble envisioning a game where there were early-game and late-game champions but late-game comps weren't a thing.

Full disclosure, I like picking late-game champions because I'm bad at the game but I know attacking is harder than defending. So I'm happy to take the champ that wins in the long run and say to my opponent, "Hey, go ahead and make all the plays you want." But this might just be an elo thing, because taking the initiative is a pretty hard skill and at my level people probably just don't have it.
the problem to me with scaling champions is that they require tons more coordination to shut them down than to make them scale

like you need your jungler to actively camp the shit out of that ryze or nasus or whatever so that they don't take over the game. but if you have ryze in your team it's not like he's gonna get shit in lane and then become absolutely useless. a ryze can easily play safe and even get killed once or twice and still more or less keep up with the game. like you said, it's more work to be aggressive than defensive so allowing for these types of champions is reinforcing a passive style of play that's not conductive for great gameplay

it doesn't help either than most of the lategame scaling champions have pretty bad non-interactive unfun mechanics (say tryndamere, trist, ryze, vlad)

like i said i don't mind different power curves, it's ok for like syndra to have super early game and then fall off or like jinx to be kind of the opposite. this is cos these champions are more or less easier to fuck up at all stages of the game and can be killed at every point of the game, specially if you know how to fight against them. not saying they're super balanced champions or anything but they're a lot less frustrating than like ryze or vayne in this aspect. there's really not much you can do against a lategame ryze or vayne or whatever, your time has passed and you're now in "scavenging for throws" mode.

there's also something to be said for laning instawinners like syndra and i guess in-his-prime-renekton (dunno what he's like now) tho i find that at least their style of play is more aggressive and more risky so i'm a little less against it. but like i used to play tons of top lane pantheon back in the day and that shit felt wrong lol

What were their picks?

I thought it was because he messed up really bad in the previous game which caused them a loss. Not sure if it was this case.
i can't remember tbh but yeah he hadn't played too well before and they went with a pick that had already failed and the enemy team had a monster comp so he was just crushed like that

it was a mix of things for sure

brian!

i will say that it is problematic that trist has long range waveclear on top of everything

camping someone that scales hard isn't the only way to deal with them, it mainly has to do with accelerating the game and there are several options for that

for certain picks it's certainly hard to approach a hyper scaled champ but there are a lot of ways to deal with late champs and the game is definitely not over when they are strong tho it is certainly more bleak

ppl being frustrated at strong late game champs has been around since i was playing

Ferrio

Banned

It's also because the lower elo, the less likely that people wiil take objectives to end the game. They're more likely to chase champions, or farm, or just b after fights instead of taking a tower/inhib/baron when the opportunity is present. So the game lasts longer and the late game champions get stronger and stronger.

brian!

and then the same kind of players are also more likely to point fingers at a champ rather than themselves

it's not like the game is completely balanced or something
and yeah ppl like to fuk around and blow steam or whatever

but im prtty sure in the multiple pages of this thread there are no posts asking how to deal w/ tristana and a million pages of posts saying tristana is the bullest shit

zkylon

zkylewd
Fuck Bladecraft, Sewn Chaos now has a goddamned polka dot skirt

21.jpg

Best Ori skin
i do appreciate they removed some mascara

i think it's gonna be on sale at the end of the month, might go for eet

still think the face looks like ass tho

like how hard was it to make it so she doesn't look like a scary clown :/

also her color is still pretty horrid and her hair's even worse now :/

But that's what makes Sewn Chaos awesome. Other skins can be cute, Sewn Chaos is the japanese slasher movie villain that can make my ticking stop anytime <3

I agree that the ultra pink hair looks weird now that they toned down the colors on her chest a bit, but it's still a fantastic skin for 520 RP

As a brand new player, should I worry about the tier 1 & 2 rune things? Or just wait til lvl 20 to buy the best ones? I'm not 100% on how that whole system works yet.

As a brand new player, should I worry about the tier 1 & 2 rune things? Or just wait til lvl 20 to buy the best ones? I'm not 100% on how that whole system works yet.
Wait till 20 to buy the best ones, but once you do start buying runes there's nothing wrong with getting a few tier 1 runes to fill out your rune pages since they're ultra cheap.

pigeon

Banned
It's also because the lower elo, the less likely that people wiil take objectives to end the game. They're more likely to chase champions, or farm, or just b after fights instead of taking a tower/inhib/baron when the opportunity is present. So the game lasts longer and the late game champions get stronger and stronger.

That's mostly what I meant by taking initiative.

Like, when people talk about the weakness of Nasus, they don't mention that he can be shut down by the jungler and not scale, because a) that's true of everybody and b) it's actually less true of Nasus than many others. What they talk about is that Nasus means you're in a 4v5 for 20 minutes. But that doesn't matter if the opponent doesn't understand that and force teamfights for objectives in that time.

This is why I think TSM vs C9 game 2 was so interesting. TSM had Lucian into Tristana and they did pressure her a little early -- but what they mostly did was rotate through all three lanes and take all the outer turrets basically in the first 10 minutes. It wasn't about keeping Tristana from farming up -- at pro level, that's probably not something you can really do. But it WAS about taking advantage of her weakness to just directly take control of the map. TSM went ahead and threw a lot of that advantage away, but they at least had a specific plan as to "how you use Lucian to beat Tristana".

Of course that doesn't necessarily negate zkylon's point, because forcing teamfights takes even more coordination than camping a lane. So it still asks a lot of the opponent. But, at the same time, there are plenty of people who say in this thread "don't play lategame champions because your team will throw way before they become relevant." So maybe there are pressures that go both ways.

zkylon

zkylewd
man i've been watching kill la kill nonstop this week and after seeing what rito did with gurren lagann i'd really go for like a ryuuko thing for like riven or fiora or something

i don't even play those champions but dam that show was awesome

satsuki was a total badass too tho, so ehhh i wish i could have them both

DeadNames

Banned
Top sucks ATM, mostly because riot overbuffed tp. In pros its mostly mages and support tanks. Maokai, cancer cat, alistar, etc.

And then you have ranged lane bully hypercarry cancer ryze who takes no skill and is dumb.

brian!

That's mostly what I meant by taking initiative.

Like, when people talk about the weakness of Nasus, they don't mention that he can be shut down by the jungler and not scale, because a) that's true of everybody and b) it's actually less true of Nasus than many others. What they talk about is that Nasus means you're in a 4v5 for 20 minutes. But that doesn't matter if the opponent doesn't understand that and force teamfights for objectives in that time.

This is why I think TSM vs C9 game 2 was so interesting. TSM had Lucian into Tristana and they did pressure her a little early -- but what they mostly did was rotate through all three lanes and take all the outer turrets basically in the first 10 minutes. It wasn't about keeping Tristana from farming up -- at pro level, that's probably not something you can really do. But it WAS about taking advantage of her weakness to just directly take control of the map. TSM went ahead and threw a lot of that advantage away, but they at least had a specific plan as to "how you use Lucian to beat Tristana".

Of course that doesn't necessarily negate zkylon's point, because forcing teamfights takes even more coordination than camping a lane. So it still asks a lot of the opponent. But, at the same time, there are plenty of people who say in this thread "don't play lategame champions because your team will throw way before they become relevant." So maybe there are pressures that go both ways.

naiiiice

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Demo is really fun. Pure unadulterated 60fps, smashy, fun.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
How are the controls? You got an extra code?

Is sonic playable?

Controls take time to get used to and guard/grab are reversed in the demo but overall it's very fun on my 3DS. I had to use the begging thread to get a code since nintendo is stupid and doesn't know how to properly run account systems. No, only Mario, Link, Villager, Pikachu, and Mega Man.

Sofo

Players on Ascension are probably the most toxic I've seen. Akali went on a rant against me (even though I ended #1 on the team and had more a higher KDA than her), Garen and Kayle were bashing each other... wtf.

We won but damn, these people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom