• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I had to stop playing due to the ridiculous toxicity in that mode. I don't know if it's the matchmaking or if the achievement is causing it (probably the latter). But I have never encountered this much swearing, yelling, and outright nerd rage since pre lvl30 games.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Gnar has a really rough time on Ascension.

._.

Tizoc

vr92s3i.jpg

Welcome to Silver 4, my sweet Prince. Love you forever TF!!!! Silver 3 here we come!!

What do you build first, BoRK or Statik?

What do you build first, BoRK or Statik?

Statik, it's the most important item in the build. You can't do much of anything before you get it.

3x atk speed quints
9x atk speed reds
9x flat armor yellows
9x flat magic res blues

21/9/0 passives

Statik shiv -> Infin Edge -> Botrk -> Last whisper if they have armor -> Banshee's veil or any other defense item.
Get a Vamp Scepter sometime while you're making infin edge.

Mid lane. Don't tell your team you're going AD, they'll rage

Ferrio

Banned
Vayne quadra killed the enemy right outside their mid inhib tower, their udyr is pushing bot by river. "Son of a bitch, they're going to go for the penta instead of the inhib aren't they?" Sure enough, they got it atleast..but man that really wasn't the right move. The penta pulls too hard on people's souls.

Least I'm only down one loss now, nothing but a string of wins... and I haven't changed anything I'm doing really.. just not complete messes of teams.

zkylon

zkylewd
So it's a nerf to Nidalee.
yea, basically

she doesn't work all that well mid with low range waveclear and no escapes for assassination

It's actually a pretty big deal. Able to go counter jungle more easily after he wins lane, and it will help with some of Garen's late game scaling. 2% HP per second after 4 second is pretty crazy, and will give Garen the presence he needs to push persistently either solo or as a group in the late game.

yea i feel he'll become a pretty scary splitpusher

Blizzard

Banned
Has anyone seen the client just FREEZE completely? I got a freeze on starting Ascension tonight, and a freeze with sound loop in the middle of a fight. I don't remember ever seeing this before, and had to kill the client and restart it both times.

Laieon

I just realized I haven't played any ranked games this season. Really not sure if I even want to bother with them, ranked games have always been my least favorite thing to do in LoL.

Anyway, I just finished a pretty close ascension game. Not sure how rare this is, but I thought it was impressive:

AqdmVD1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
I had to stop playing due to the ridiculous toxicity in that mode. I don't know if it's the matchmaking or if the achievement is causing it (probably the latter). But I have never encountered this much swearing, yelling, and outright nerd rage since pre lvl30 games.

it's very strange, unlike the other modes i found a lot of hostility in ascension too

i wouldn't necessarily point it at the achievements but the mode just being kind of bad but in any case that sucks

like these are "for fun" modes, what's wrong with people :/

I just realized I haven't played any ranked games this season. Really not sure if I even want to bother with them, ranked games have always been my least favorite thing to do in LoL.

Anyway, I just finished a pretty close ascension game. Not sure how rare this is, but I thought it was impressive:

http://i.imgur.com/AqdmVD1.png
i lost a 198 to 200 game so maybe not that rare?

i have trouble knowing who's winning in that mode tbh

Ferrio

Banned
it's very strange, unlike the other modes i found a lot of hostility in ascension too

i wouldn't necessarily point it at the achievements but the mode just being kind of bad but in any case that sucks

It's almost certainly because of the achievements. I feel like attaching perfect ascension was a mistake. Combine it with the fact the game mode is boring as shit, you get some frustrated people playing a mode they don't wanna play just for an exclusive icon.

zkylon

zkylewd
might be, tho there were achievements for like doom bots and ppl was much more friendly

i generally think achievements are a mistake in general for this game so i'm glad rito understands that for the serious mode tho

Blizzard

Banned
It's almost certainly because of the achievements. I feel like attaching perfect ascension was a mistake. Combine it with the fact the game mode is boring as shit, you get some frustrated people playing a mode they don't wanna play just for an exclusive icon.
Bingo. I don't remember any achievements for doombots besides winning the hardest difficulty or whatever, and (very importantly) you weren't playing against real people.

For ascension, you literally have a game like my last one, where someone doesn't connect in the first 3 minutes, and the other team takes the ascended buff as a result. Now you have 17 more minutes or so to wait until they win, knowing that no matter what happens, you don't get the one little dinky texture hat is your reason for playing it. :p

The other thing that is incredibly frustrating to me is that it seems to make sense that it's safer to move as a group in ascension, and dominate the other team as a result, as you move from relic to relic and/or ascended buff.

What INEVITABLY happens is that people randomly wander off and die, and the other team gets the ascended buff after picking them off.

I also agree that URF mode was probably the most fun out of all the custom modes.

clemenx

Banned
Seesh. I got the perfect Ascension thingy in my first game and I'm kinda relieved now. Sucks people playing just for that icon. I agree that achievements almost always will have this kind of effect.

Blizzard

Banned
Seesh. I got the perfect Ascension thingy in my first game and I'm kinda relieved now. Sucks people playing just for that icon. I agree that achievements almost always will have this kind of effect.
I finally had a perfect Ascension game...and all it took was 1 AFK from the start on the enemy team, another player leaving from their team, and our team having Swain ascended so he was hard to kill.

So I guess one way is to keep playing until you find a 5v4 and hope you get lucky.

Opiate

Yes, it's frustrating as someone who just wants to play. I've lost a game where people were obsessing over getting all xeraths.

zkylon

zkylewd
kennen standard start is always dorans blade

also wrongnames u should someday learn to accept that top lane has ranged champions in it and u know, try to come up with ideas how to beat them instead of just complaining endlessly? like i don't like playing against fizz or zed either but u don't see me complaining about it :3

DeadNames

Banned
thymoquinone_cancer.jpg

Here's me getting a double kill with nid XDDDD lol!

also wrongnames u should someday learn to accept that top lane has ranged champions in it and u know, try to come up with ideas how to beat them instead of just complaining endlessly? like i don't like playing against fizz or zed either but u don't see me complaining about it :3

Most melee tops can beat ranged ones in melee range.

Nid? She either just uses her manaless Kassasin ult or Garen ult to immediately outtrade you :^)

zkylon

zkylewd
Most melee tops can beat ranged ones in melee range.

Nid? She either just uses her manaless Kassasin ult or Garen ult to immediately outtrade you :^)
not saying nidalee's not op (not really saying anything, i don't play top lane), just that i've seen you have similar issues with other ranged toplaners and feels like you're not really trying to find solutions to these problems

my brother is a lot like that, he likes champions like trundle and sometimes he gets shit on by poke champs like pantheon or nidalee and he goes on like a defeatist rampage that doesn't really help anyone and prevents him from learning

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Yes, it's frustrating as someone who just wants to play. I've lost a game where people were obsessing over getting all xeraths.
The only real victory on Ascension is the one where you shut the other team out from ascending.

DeadNames

Banned
not saying nidalee's not op (not really saying anything, i don't play top lane), just that i've seen you have similar issues with other ranged toplaners and feels like you're not really trying to find solutions to these problems

my brother is a lot like that, he likes champions like trundle and sometimes he gets shit on by poke champs like pantheon or nidalee and he goes on like a defeatist rampage that doesn't really help anyone and prevents him from learning

Except Nidalee doesn't have a weakness. You can say CC but most Nids get Frozen Fist and besides, Death is the hardest CC :^)

A lot of ranged tops run the risk of high cooldowns, low base stats, high mana costs, losing to melees that can get into their face, etc.

Believe me, I hate Ryze, but at least he can die early game. Nidalee has virtually no counterplay in lane and her splitpushing is more frustrating than Tryndamere's.

Like if I'm vs Lulu I'll just either go ham at level 2 or wait for her to go oom.

Kennen is annoying but he can't really kill me. Kayle I can jump onto at level 2 and kill. Same with Ryze. Jayce I can let run OOM. I can go ham on vlad at level 1 or 2.

Nidalee has virtually no downside. She has the damage of an assassin, Riven's mobility, range, the tankiness of a bruiser, and does mixed damage.

Blizzard

Banned
Complaining about Nidalee a bunch is one thing, but comparing to cancer, complete with diagrams, is something else. I've had multiple relatives die of cancer, and some annoyance in a videogame is trivial compared to the awfulness that is cancer.

zkylon

zkylewd
Complaining about Nidalee a bunch is one thing, but comparing to cancer, complete with diagrams, is something else. I've had multiple relatives die of cancer, and some annoyance in a videogame is trivial compared to the awfulness that is cancer.
yea i guess the insensitive talk kind got to me, i'm not the most politically correct person ever but for some reason the pictures and the crazy talk just made me feel bad

DeadNames

Banned
Fuck this trash game. Fuck this meta. 4/11 yasuo shout out to you. stupid ass fucking graves who can't position for shit.

fucking uninstalling. i cant take this shit anymore.

Sofo

aw man how embarrassing. one of the few games i play with gaffers and i feed hard :/

That's ok, can't beat my Pantheon top 0/7/1. Now that was embarrassing as hell lol.

Fuck this trash game. Fuck this meta. 4/11 yasuo shout out to you. stupid ass fucking graves who can't position for shit.

fucking uninstalling. i cant take this shit anymore.

errr, I can't really preach because I tend to get really annoyed at losses, mostly at myself, but imo take a break/relax/play other games because it's obvious you are beyond having fun with LoL now? idk sorry you feel this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom