• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sofo

Achtius linked me a cool website. www.lolskill.net

a4a76e8288339585d8eaa8672687a068.png

That's actually pretty cool! But shows nothing if you're unranked, only the IP I've earned (52199)!

Sofo

OK so after checking various streams (I crack up so much with qtpie) I found one trick2g? I found it unbearable, his screams, his voice, his "character"... wtf? Is this real life? Like I don't want to be a Grinch but c'mon, had to lower the volume so much at times!

I guess it's not a commentary so much as a show stream? Thoughts?

Versace

OK so after checking various streams (I crack up so much with qtpie) I found one trick2g? I found it unbearable, his screams, his voice, his "character"... wtf? Is this real life? Like I don't want to be a Grinch but c'mon, had to lower the volume so much at times!

I guess it's not a commentary so much as a show stream? Thoughts?

If he's duoqing with SirCHeZ (usually Nasus) or Fatefalls (Fizz), then most likely it's entertainment, and he often does subwars, where he spectates while his subscribers play against each other.

However, he can be quite informative, check out his youtube channel for his "my way" videos, where he plays many different junglers and really elaborates well what he's doing most of the time.

pigeon

Banned
Just had a game where my midlaner raged and deliberately fed because he lost lane.

Reported him, queued up again, he's in the queue obviously.

Lesson learned on a visceral level: if you just teamed with a troll, don't immediately queue again.

Placements :(

Sofo

If he's duoqing with SirCHeZ (usually Nasus) or Fatefalls (Fizz), then most likely it's entertainment, and he often does subwars, where he spectates while his subscribers play against each other.

However, he can be quite informative, check out his youtube channel for his "my way" videos, where he plays many different junglers and really elaborates well what he's doing most of the time.

Hmm, I guess I'll give him another chance, but I just cringed so much when he got that howl/loud voice ._.

Just had a game where my midlaner raged and deliberately fed because he lost lane.

Reported him, queued up again, he's in the queue obviously.

Lesson learned on a visceral level: if you just teamed with a troll, don't immediately queue again.

Placements :(

Ouch! I still need to do my placement matches for ranked and I am absolutely terrified I will end up in Plastic VIII.

Versace

Hmm, I guess I'll give him another chance, but I just cringed so much when he got that howl/loud voice ._.

I mean, you either love or hate his personality, he is educational at times, but most of his streaming consists of fucking around basically.

If you want a bit more serious and really educational stream, check out TheOddOne.

For all my fellow bretheren who on their way to gold or above - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaRR0oJnqDw

kasane

I hate this game but i like watching everything esports related so pls tell me who to root for in worlds 2014

Edit: teams that are rather xciting and interesting

bokn

Banned
I hate this game but i like watching everything esports related so pls tell me who to root for in worlds 2014

Edit: teams that are rather xciting and interesting

Watch the Riot Esports Docos:
Part 1 (Fnatic & TPA): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0wEW6NAPuE
Part 2 (Cloud 9, OMG, SKTT1K): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8AnjrGRmAQ
Part 3 (???): TBA

As for teams that are exciting and interesting? Watch for Alliance (EU), Cloud9 (NA) or TSM as the western hope. Probably the best chance the west has had against Korea since Season 2.

Group Overviews (stolen from reddit, not 100% da best info but still gud)
Group A - EDG (CN#1), SamsungWhite (KR#2), Dark Passage (TUR), ahq (TW#2)
Most boring group - EDG and Samsung White set to dominate this group and move on to the next stage.

Group B - SHRC (CN#2), SKgaming (EU#3), TSM (NA#1), TPA (TW#1)
SHRC's star carry player, UZI has quit, upsetting the tension in this group and knocking his team out of contention for the top two spots. TSM predicted to come out first with TPA and SK Gaming fighting for second place.

Group C - LMQ (NA#3), SamsungBlue (KR#1), OMG (CN#3), Fnatic (EU#2)
Samsung Blue is expected to take first spot with Fnatic, LMQ and OMG in a tight race for second.

Group D - Cloud9 (NA#2), NajinWhiteShield (KR#3), Alliance (EU#1), Kabum! (BR)
Najin White Shield has had a powerful showing, blowing every team out in the Korean Regionals Gauntlet - including the recent Champions Summer winners. Second place is expected to be a showdown between the two hopes of their region - Alliance and Cloud9. Alliance has had great growth this last season, properly playing the strategic game on the back of their star mid laner "Froggen", who is still respected in Korea. For the past year, Cloud9 have been the only internationally respected NA team, whilst falling to second place at the hands of TSM during the NA regionals, the team seem to be practicing hard, with great results on the Korean Ladder.

Nekofrog

Banned
tried my first hand at actual soloq in a long long time and i get... pantheon vs my irelia. i wanted to cry.

t9qvKNB.jpg

but it's okay! i didn't feed! i just played my lane safe and farmed.

There's Unicorns of Love next season. I hope they pull off more unorthodox picks. Reminds me of M5/GMB's heydays (rip in pepperonis ;_;).

This season DUNNO.

Morgana fell off a lot in the last couple of weeks. Krepo, the premier NA Morg player along with Lemon, not being at PAX contributed and with Kog being played less (in favour of Trist/Lucian/Corki) her Black Shield isn't as needed.

Zilean is partly for mid Zilean though.

zkylon

zkylewd
apparently these are player specific tho

so like a ban against a team like curse that plays zilean support but doesn't play him mid only counts for support

Leezard

wait wtf uzi quit?

what happened -_-

edit: btw top lane healthiest role or what

http://static.ongamers.com/uploads/original/0/2262/17575-na_lcs_champion_progression001_by_bli08-d7yuw3d.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://static.ongamers.com/uploads/original/0/2262/17576-na_lcs_champion_progression002_by_bli08-d7yuw3a.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

It's fun that you can see which weeks that Lucian was disabled due to his recent rework.

Somehow, I survived.

Cfw9OPs.png

And no, Morg shielded me exactly once and when it wasn't needed. If I did get caught, I was dead. I think there was one time where I got CC'd once. I kept spamming Zhonya but I was CC'd for what felt like 5 seconds so I died anyway.

Edwardo

they already said they'll roll rewards automatically after the event is over if you forgot to claim yours

i think they're making ppl manually claim the rewards so that the server load is more manageable. like, not 30 million ppl requesting new icons at once

it registered my sad 2 wins so i dunno what opiate's issue was

Ah that makes sense. Tbh, I haven't even played ascension yet. I got a couple team builder games in yesterday since were teaching a friend how to play, but other than that i've been too busy embracing my destiny to play a lot of league.

Ugh, I actually hate Team Builder now. I played again just to practice Yasuo. Morg just fed, AFK'd then spammed surrender votes just to get the next game so she can farm icons quicker. She DID admit this in chat.

This is on top of me having to type everyone's names to check their profile. I don't want to play with Lv15s.

Ugh.

garath

Ugh, I actually hate Team Builder now. I played again just to practice Yasuo. Morg just fed, AFK'd then spammed surrender votes just to get the next game so she can farm icons quicker. She DID admit this in chat.

This is on top of me having to type everyone's names to check their profile. I don't want to play with Lv15s.

Ugh.

Yeah. Team builder is pretty rough. Its a good idea on paper but usually you end up with such a massive differential in skill and attitude. I know its a new MMR strictly for team builder but I wish it would just take your normal MMR. Pretty silly not to.

pigeon

Banned
wait wtf uzi quit?

what happened -_-

edit: btw top lane healthiest role or what

17575-na_lcs_champion_progression001_by_bli08-d7yuw3d.png

17576-na_lcs_champion_progression002_by_bli08-d7yuw3a.png

Terrifyingly, that makes ADC look like the healthiest role. Note that the period where Lucian stops showing up is the period where he's disabled post-rework.

It actually does a good job of showing that generally there's just one champion in a given lane that's fucking up the meta (Lulu top, Kassadin mid, Lucian ADC til the rework).

Jungle and support are just terribly balanced, though.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Terrifyingly, that makes ADC look like the healthiest role. Note that the period where Lucian stops showing up is the period where he's disabled post-rework.

It actually does a good job of showing that generally there's just one champion in a given lane that's fucking up the meta (Lulu top, Kassadin mid, Lucian ADC til the rework).

Jungle and support are just terribly balanced, though.
But the graph is wrong. Lulu was finding a lot of mid lane play too early on and they just lumped that in with top. In fact I find it hard to believe she was even top three contested for top lane during the era of Doran's shield, Defense masteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom