• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cHinzo

Ranked 5s is so much better. Made a team with one other gafer and one of my real life friends.

Irl friend is mechanically really strong, decision making slightly questionable but he can hold his own. Got a friend that is a plat adc main who is playing for us, with a bunch of other gold players including some 14 year old who is a god on lee sin.

Basically long story short went 4-1 in placements, putting us in Gold 5, so my silver friend is now gold. This means he gets the end of season rewards right?

Feels like we could easily keep going, I was supporting our adc and we absolutely crushed lane every game, and our jungler was carrying the rest of the map hard. When I first met the guy playing adc we were both silver, duo queued and won something like 8 straight before not playing together again. Had so much synergy, still have it now.

I think u need like 10 wins on ur ranked team to be eligible for the end of the season rewards.

Also, my poor teammates. >.< Queue'd up solo for a normal game. Got two golds and two plats in my team struggling against two challengers (one of them was Febiven from h2k/C9 :D) a diamond 1 and two plats. Don't think they were prepared for that. :d

Wukong sure did fall flat. The nerfs weren't even that bad.
Q: Armor shred now scales 10->30%.
R: Total AD Ratio reduced 480%->440%

Sure, Q isn't maxed first, but it's not like losing 20% armor shred was significant in early game. Wukong usually ends up with around 200AD at the end of the game. It's still only an 80 pt reduction to his ult.

Pantheon as well. I'm not aware of any nerfs to him since I don't play him.

garath

Sure, Q isn't maxed first, but it's not like losing 20% armor shred was significant in early game. Wukong usually ends up with around 200AD at the end of the game. It's still only an 80 pt reduction to his ult.

Pantheon got a significant hit to his ult. They "bug fixed" the ability to cast while dropping and they increased the fall time pretty significantly. It turned him from easy mode to a little more thinking. IMO, he's still a super strong solo queue jungler.

Not sure what happened to Wukong. I never played him a lot.

It's not just the Wukong nerfs though, he lost a lot of his jungling power with the Elder Lizard nerfs that came on the same patch and two patchs prior, SotEL being a big part of what made him a viable jungler.

He didn't just lose the armor shred and ult ratio, he lost sustain and clear speeds as well. He's not bad by any means but he took a significant hit, same as Pantheon.

subtles

I just had one of the more frustrating games that would generally leave one disappointed, but rather came away with a sense of progress and understanding the key points I need to work on. The last time I played Renekton was several months ago, when I was lacking in mechanics thus failing with him miserably. I took him again today when I was left to play top and my lane opp. took Ryze.

I was able to bully him hard, despite suffering a bit in the beginning, and had the midlaner and jungler repeatedly ganking. I went 4/0/4 early on, had 2-3 levels on him with more than double the farm. Vel'Koz, who was mid, also took the tower early due to Leblanc's roaming.

The issue was our bot lane, a duo who cowered in teamfights leaving us alone after they lost their lane hard despite our efforts to contain the opp. Jinx (who melted turrets like butter.) I finished the game 12/11/6, which is far too many deaths, but being the sole front line with a responsibility to peel it wasn't easy to avoid. I laughed (but died a bit) when Ezreal would shift + flash as soon as the teamfight started, rather than position himself properly in fights. The game was fairly even in objectives and kills until late game, where Jinx could kill half the team on her own while Ez only had a Cutlass+Triforce+Doran's+tier 1 boots.

I do recognize this general issue for teams in Silver where there is a real struggle to push for objectives when in the lead, and we end up letting opp. back into the game. Game management is definitely something I can practice more, but feel slightly disheartened when doing reasonably well only to face a cannonball of death.

As I type this I'm playing a 14/1 (top) Teemo as a 7/2 Twisted Fate (mid). FML (Diana Jungle 0/11 + Lucian 1/5 ;_;)

Edit: Currently 11/5, maybe there's a chance....

Never mind, mumu too strong.

T_T

TomShoe

Banned
Guys, how do I help the mid-laner if they're behind? I was playing against Renek, and stayed 0/0/0 at 20 even though he had a better early game. Last game my Nidalee went 1/6/1 against Zed before laning phase ended. I normally play Top or ADC, should I just send my support mid?

Guys, how do I help the mid-laner if they're behind? I was playing against Renek, and stayed 0/0/0 at 20 even though he had a better early game. Last game my Nidalee went 1/6/1 against Zed before laning phase ended. I normally play Top or ADC, should I just send my support mid?
Depends a lot of the overall flow of the game. If you're top you might want to shove lane and then gank for her, if you're ADC you're probably better off farming as hard as you can and getting objectives so you can grab a QSS ASAP and make Zed a non-issue.

I think I finally "get" Yasuo. Been playing him recently for practice and I've been steadily improving. I totally won my last 3 lanes (Yasuo, Wukong, Garen). Completely roflstomped Garen. I felt pretty pro timing my Exhaust on his ults. I still need to improve my teamfights. I end up attacking whoever's diving our ADC since I find it hard to hit Q3 on backline squishies.

dR6pVMM.png

The biggest change I did was to be more aggressive in lane and actually do some AAs and not just poking with Qs like a wussy. Dash in when my shield is up, hit 1-3 AAs then dash out.

Jeff-DSA

I think I finally "get" Yasuo. Been playing him recently for practice and I've been steadily improving. I totally won my last 3 lanes (Yasuo, Wukong, Garen). Completely roflstomped Garen. I felt pretty pro timing my Exhaust on his ults. I still need to improve my teamfights. I end up attacking whoever's diving our ADC since I find it hard to hit Q3 on backline squishies.

dR6pVMM.png

The biggest change I did was to be more aggressive in lane and actually do some AAs and not just poking with Qs like a wussy. Dash in when my shield is up, hit 1-3 AAs then dash out.

I think that Yasuo is the hardest match up for Katarina. The more aggressive you are against her, the more likely you are to crush her. If Yasuo isn't banned, I won't pick Kat just out of fear that he gets picked up by the enemy team.

Certainly didn't seem that way after that match. Think jarvan spent too much time trying to gank zed too, just gave him a kills and he's escape cata.

I would argue that Grail is a core item for Lanewick. He really wants the mana regen much like Malphite. Chalice lets him sustain much better, and his Q has a 100% AP ratio anyway. CDR is a great stat for him.
Looking at the rest of his items, his entire build is awful.

Chalice is fine, if only to help get him through laning phase against someone like Ryze. Unholy Grail is not. The money wasted on a needless upgrade could've been better served on other defensive options (for teamfights) such as Glacial Shroud, whether they also provide mana or not. Warwick also prefers magic penetration instead of raw AP, similar to Elise.

Jeff-DSA

What's the word? I spent my time offline most of the weekend, so I missed out.

I played one match last night. I'm at 96 LP. This is usually when you get that 3 loss streak.

Playing as Janna, their Cait is solo-pushing bot (our T1 turret is down). She pokes Vayne down to half, I go in, use QWE, walk up to her and ult her back towards our turret...

...except Vayne is derping around with 1/4 health near our turret. Cait kills me and ults Vayne for a double-kill.

It probably didn't help that our Nasus fed.

So in my second promo game I pick MF. Our Leona misses all her ults.

Jeff-DSA

I love pushing people into turrets with Janna. She's really fast and it's not that hard to get into position to make it work. I like roaming up to mid when the other support or ADC backs and pushing their mid laner into our turret for a gank.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Yeah, El Nino is Runaan's Hurricane. IIRC he built phantom dancer, el nino, IE, BT and Bork.

I played like total trash though. Got caught out a couple times.

subtles

Playing as Janna, their Cait is solo-pushing bot (our T1 turret is down). She pokes Vayne down to half, I go in, use QWE, walk up to her and ult her back towards our turret...

...except Vayne is derping around with 1/4 health near our turret. Cait kills me and ults Vayne for a double-kill.

It probably didn't help that our Nasus fed.

So in my second promo game I pick MF. Our Leona misses all her ults.

There's something inexplicably dirty about promos. The few matches that follow the beginning of a series are always the most frustrating for me.

It's like all manners of malicious behavior are saved for that moment.

There's something inexplicably dirty about promos. The few matches that follow the beginning of a series are always the most frustrating for me.

It's like all manners of malicious behavior are saved for that moment.

Solo queue is so random. I was on a decent streak (won 4 out of 5) to get to promos, and then I get those two games.

DeadNames

Banned
I'm back y'all.

Giving up on gold. Top lane just cannot do much past the 25 minute mark unless I'm playing some stupid FOTM champ like Ryze. Or Jayce, but he's not fotm.

In other news, Gnar is one of my favorite champs. So much outplay potential and absolutely dumpsters melees. Every time I play him I end up 2/3 v 1ing. That ult is sooo goooood.

Ferrio

Banned
I'm back y'all.

Giving up on gold. Top lane just cannot do much past the 25 minute mark unless I'm playing some stupid FOTM champ like Ryze. Or Jayce, but he's not fotm.

In other news, Gnar is one of my favorite champs. So much outplay potential and absolutely dumpsters melees. Every time I play him I end up 2/3 v 1ing. That ult is sooo goooood.

I've never seen a jayce carry in a long time.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I'm back y'all.

Took you long enough.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm back y'all.

Just play nidalee top.

I'm back y'all.

gnar gets absolutely dumpstered by melees with gap closers lol. thats why riven/fiora shit on him so hard4

EDIT: wtf, did i just get drophacked in a fucking team builder game?

Leezard

We call adc + supp, one of the other guys instalock adc. We stick to our guns and go top instead, and we get Ashe jungle and we think we got a prime troll game going. Apparently our enemies couldn't handle the 2 supp + 3 adc comp very well.

One of those games where you think it's going to be terribly bad but everything went better than expected.

Jeff-DSA

gnar gets absolutely dumpstered by melees with gap closers lol. thats why riven/fiora shit on him so hard4

EDIT: wtf, did i just get drophacked in a fucking team builder game?

Eh, I don't think Fiora is the best to deal with Gnar. Since she has zero escape, you can only engage in very small windows after he's burned Mega Gnar and even then he can get away so easily, so all you do is push him back for a couple of seconds. If the Gnar player is dumb and wants to fight, yeah, you'll win, but Fiora can't stick on him at all.

Ferrio

Banned
Eh, I don't think Fiora is the best to deal with Gnar. Since she has zero escape, you can only engage in very small windows after he's burned Mega Gnar and even then he can get away so easily, so all you do is push him back for a couple of seconds. If the Gnar player is dumb and wants to fight, yeah, you'll win, but Fiora can't stick on him at all.

Her Q is enough to stick to him. Even then, if he burns his E wrong once he's a dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom