• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
also i think that with the worlds documentary thing the whole heroes' struggle angle for the players ends up a bit overdone

and the imagine barons thing itself ends up being so focused on the negative, it's crazy how depressing that video actually is.

That Karma splash is cool. On the other one, I can barely tell who a couple of the champions are.

I'll be back later this afternoon EST (by 5 p.m.) -- I'm still available if anyone has a spot for the 7 p.m. EST tournament game tonight (Panda, ninja, or whoever). 14 points, main top lane, backup mid/jungle.
who can't u tell

karthus looks like karthus
corki looks like corki
grago is a bit different but still has belly, beard and beer
j4 has the lance and looks like a douche but he always looks like a douche
janna's super hot

i think they're pretty easy

Sofo

So bought Syndra and haven't had a chance to play it on Normals but really satisfied with her so far. I got to try her when she was on free rotation and at first I thought she might be too complicated for me, but once figuring out and getting more comfortable with her kit, I am really happy with having bought her.

I was torn betewen Ahri or Syndra, but since I am not too great with assassin-type champs, I opted for Syndra. I don't really play mid (if at all) but I really wanted to have a go-to mid, because to be honest I am a bit wary of Annie's range (my only mid so far).

Pd. Got to try Xerath and Karthus, Xerath was a big yes to me but I totally didn't feel Karthus at all.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
So bought Syndra and haven't had a chance to play it on Normals but really satisfied with her so far. I got to try her when she was on free rotation and at first I thought she might be too complicated for me, but once figuring out and getting more comfortable with her kit, I am really happy with having bought her.

I was torn betewen Ahri or Syndra, but since I am not too great with assassin-type champs, I opted for Syndra. I don't really play mid (if at all) but I really wanted to have a go-to mid, because to be honest I am a bit wary of Annie's range (my only mid so far).

Pd. Got to try Xerath and Karthus, Xerath was a big yes to me but I totally didn't feel Karthus at all.
Good choice, syndras range is one of the best in game.

zkylon

zkylewd

synchan's kinda risky since she's hard to play effectively lategame and can be countered pretty hard by some picks (fizz, zilean, kayle can all deny her ult but she also has trouble with like yasuo or talon) but she absolutely dominates lane against everyone else and has a crazy midgame

i wouldn't necessarily recommend her as a safe mid pick but she's really really fun

Sofo

Good choice, syndras range is one of the best in game.

Thanks! She also has really good wave clear right? It felt like that, which is good imo in case I get pushed into turret.

synchan's kinda risky since she's hard to play effectively lategame and can be countered pretty hard by some picks (fizz, zilean, kayle can all deny her ult but she also has trouble with like yasuo or talon) but she absolutely dominates lane against everyone else and has a crazy midgame

i wouldn't necessarily recommend her as a safe mid pick but she's really really fun

Thanks for the feedback! In what sense is she hard to play lategame? As in teamfights due to the range of her ult/being able to finish off? I can see how that could be a problem...

zkylon

zkylewd
Thanks for the feedback! In what sense is she hard to play lategame? As in teamfights due to the range of her ult/being able to finish off? I can see how that could be a problem...

mostly cos she lacks mobility so in lategame fights when everyone's rushing for you you gotta be really smart about your stuns or else you're just gonna be destroyed by that mundo charging at you

she's more punishing for bad positioning than most mids. like with ori you can dissonance and you get a ms boost and a aoe slow, with ahri you can just ult away then ult back, but with synchan you're kind of fucked if you get cleaver'd

also yea she has really good waveclear. she's one of the best farmers in the game for sure

liezryou

Someone sum up the current metagame for me. I'm going to be playing pubs again with my RL friends in about 2 weeks. I haven't played LoL in over a year (Dota 2 was a great substitute xD).

AcridMeat

Banned

Funny, I just unlocked her last night as well and had the same feelings. However Ahri is one of my mains mid and I still felt she might be difficult to get used to, particularly when to use W. She's a lot easier than I remember though.

V_Arnold

Someone sum up the current metagame for me. I'm going to be playing pubs again with my RL friends in about 2 weeks. I haven't played LoL in over a year (Dota 2 was a great substitute xD).

Lee Sin will counterjungle you
That is the only thing I understand of the current "meta" :p

Top is tank / mage town
Assassin junglers
Safe stalling mages and AD assassins mid lane
Hyper carry adcs with heavy pushing strats
Heavy peel / shield supports

zkylon

zkylewd
oSM67xtyeRBwGJ81

daily ahri

at this rate i really hope they update ahri's base skin to the new dawn style

it's just too good

Top is tank / mage town
Assassin junglers
Safe stalling mages and AD assassins mid lane
Hyper carry adcs with heavy pushing strats
Heavy peel / shield supports
top champions for every lane (i'll forget some but as a general idea), from stronger to "weaker" (imo)

top: mao > nidalee = ryze > lulu
jungle: kha > lee > rango > elise (don't play rango tho)
mid: talon > syndra = fizz = ori
adc: tristana > kog = lucy
support: nami = morg > threshie = braum = zilean (yeah, zilean)

zed has risen in popularity but i don't recommend him whatsoever. i think there's a good number of ppl playing jayce and akali too

Mothman91

daily ahri

at this rate i really hope they update ahri's base skin to the new dawn style

it's just too good

top champions for every lane (i'll forget some but as a general idea), from stronger to "weaker" (imo)

top: mao, nidalee, ryze, lulu
jungle: kha, lee, rango, elise (don't play rango tho)
mid: talon, syndra, fizz, ori
adc: tristana, kog, lucy
support: nami, morg, threshie, braum, zilean (yeah, zilean)

zed has risen in popularity but i don't recommend him whatsoever. i think there's a good number of ppl playing jayce and akali too

You're forgetting the best adc zky...

smh.

Top: Tier S top laners are Maokai and Nidalee. Maokai has a weak laning phase but is an absolutely monstrous teamfighter because of his point and click root and AoE dage reduction. Nidalee is a monstrous laner and splitpusher. Other common tops are Lulu for her amazing utility and disengage, Ryze for his massive AoE sustained magic damage and Mundo because he's the best scaling tank in the game.

Jungle: Lee Sin and Elise are still pretty much the best junglers still. Nunu and Jarvan are seeing more play again. Kha'zix somehow comes back into the meta as he always does, this time as an AoE sieger with assassination potential in the jungle.

Mid: The return of assassins with Yasuo, Syndra and Zed being the best midlaners at the moment. Zilean has emerged as a strangely effective utility laner. Orianna continues to be played.

ADC: Late game, late game and more late game. Tristana is inarguably the strongest adc in the game right now with Lucian and Corki trailing closely mainly because they can punish Trist's midgame power trough hard by forcing objectives while trist tries to get 3 items. Kog'Maw is also fairly popular because he has undoubtedly the strongest lategame damage of all ads but he requires either good positioning or a dedicated team comp to protect him.

Support: Nami and Braum and Janna are S tier supports. All of them are extremely strong in disengage though Braum and Nami can use their ults to engage. Thresh continues to somehow survive despite constant nerfs and Morg hovers on the edge of competitive play.

Nev

Banned
Fair enough, at least he'd be good at poking and then eventually getting a FirstBlood or earl kill against the opposing champ right?

Yea that's the whole point of Swain. Poke with E to the point where a landed W guarantees an early kill. If you don't snowball you suck.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
The one time I play ranked to not decay i lose half my lp because top made a shitty choice and bot just quitted in the beginning 10 mins. Fuck ranked and going jungle.

zkylon

zkylewd
Where would one start with Orianna? Any guides/gameplay tips?

ask me anything baby

runes/masteries:

i go 21/0/9 with like blue buff/biscuit depending on the game, the 1% spell thingie and the mana gain on minion kills masteries

for runes i'm usually flat ap quints, dpen reds, hp/lvl yellows, ap/lvl blues. sometimes i'll go flat mr blues against like syndra or ziggs, or armor yellows against like talon or yasuu or something

items:

start doran + 2 pots

rush athenes 90% of the times

against yasuu/zed you can go seekers into morellos if you know you'll get blue buff or just buy lots of mana pots. you can get tear instead of morellos if you want or wait a bit and get athenes

generally you'll want to do athene > deathcap /zhonyas > void staff > zhonyas /deathcap. get sorc shoes if you're not scared of enemy cc in which case buy merc threads

you can get abyssal in some cases but you gotta play a bit closer or you won't get the passive off. you can also buy haunting guise if you see you can snowball hard your game

buy tons of blue pots

spells:

at level 1 get e or q depending on the matchup. you generally want e so you can shield yourself then trade with autos for free, specially against melee

after that it's r > q > w > e. some ppl like maxing w first but those ppl are wrong. i like putting two points in e before maxing w but that's just me

you can run ignite or heal or even exhaust depending on the matchup. i like them all, really, tho i'll usually default to ignite

playstyle:

generally play pretty passive, harass with autos and spells but farm up, get wraiths/wolves, just farm a ton and push

in teamfights/sieges/dragon fights/etc just poke and zone with the ball, forget about autos, just spam qw at ppl. try to use the ball to zone ppl and let them come to it for ulting. try not to whiff your ult as missing it can cost you fights/barons/games.

you can also put e on someone and have them jump but i find this is a bit too predictable and ppl will just run away when they see j4 with the ball on top of him. so just let the ball hover near them and wait until they misposition and shockwave time <3

also don't be afraid to ult single targets, specially after level 11. your ult will be back up in no time and getting a pick can win you dragons/barons/turrets. getting the perfect 4/5 man ult is hard and ppl will actively dodge it

use passive a lot in lane to save mana btw. use your ball to deny them minions by placing it near your minions so they know they gotta take damage if they wanna cs. in general be as much of a bitch as you can <3

there's more but i'm sleepy

ask me anything baby

Whoa, thanks so much zkylon! I'll definitely try all of this out. I really do have to work on ulting, and also just going ahead and using ult on a single target -- I have this terrible habit of holding onto ults and waiting for the "perfect" moment. Also using E to proc passive for harass, somehow I didn't think of it like that before. Time to practice!

Blizzard

Banned
I'm back and should be available the rest of the evening. For tonight, teams should be registered early (before 6:20 P.M. EST?) to guarantee a tournament spot. Anyone volunteering to register?

Also bear in mind everyone must have Teamspeak 3 before the tournament starts.

zkylon

zkylewd
Whoa, thanks so much zkylon! I'll definitely try all of this out. I really do have to work on ulting, and also just going ahead and using ult on a single target -- I have this terrible habit of holding onto ults and waiting for the "perfect" moment. Also using E to proc passive for harass, somehow I didn't think of it like that before. Time to practice!
np, self e is more used for last hitting than harassing. like qw the caster minions, auto once each melee and self e for the finish. or no auto depends on how strong u are

about ult, be patient specially on teamfights. for picks you wanna pull the trigger if you think you won't get punished for it but in teamfights you do wanna be patient and wait for the perfect ult. sometimes you won't even ult because of that. the threat of the ult is similar to blitz hook, if you whiff your ult you'll lose a lot of threat so even not firing it is better.

1) ori cosplay always looks so derpy, i don't like it :/
2) zyk -_-

Why is karma farting on the water?

don't ruin it for me

why do you have to ruin it for me

Type2

I'm heading home now. Hopefully panda is going to register. I'm not sure if our roster is finalized yet but we do have four between acrid,neko,panda and I.

Bacon

I'm out on a run now but I'll be back before 7 for sure so if you need me on a team just put me on. I also don't have a mic is that a problem?

Blizzard

Banned
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom