• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
missing hooks = me dashing in and destroying your health.

7tnsvR0.gif

what do u mean

she's a readhead

and she's got that parrot thing going on

it's not gonna be fucking twitch

This thread is context, even then... there's still not much to go on. Could be a rule 63 Arthas I don't know

Leezard

Huh? The second I see a hook blown I'm going to go in there and mess the enemy up.

Yeah, that's what you do once you learn how to play exploit enemy cooldowns. It is a step above "standard play" (I dunno, somewhere in bronze, silver, gold?), but it's really important.
It applies to the other champs as well. Jinx ulted mid? Nami missed a bubble? etc

Sofo

I'm legit curious about what goes through an intentional feeder's mind, it's perplexing.

I just had a Jinx who raged at me because I missed a couple of hooks as Blitz so he proceeds to insult me and selling all of his items for mobi boots, and goes feeding the mid lane until the 20th minute. We didn't even die or lost lane! Just missed some missed hooks.

Keeping on with the Jinx stereotype. Most of the matchmaking Jinx ADCs I've had have been either really obnoxious or entitled psychos looking for an excuse to rage.

Idk, maybe it's some sort of intense immersion/roleplay.

Jeff-DSA

Huh? The second I see a hook blown I'm going to go in there and mess the enemy up.

Thresh still can flay, Blitzcrank can still knock up, Leona can still stun, Nami can still ult. You can't always just rush in because they miss their hook or primary CC. Morgana? Mess her up.

Thresh still can flay, Blitzcrank can still knock up, Leona can still stun, Nami can still ult. You can't always just rush in because they miss their hook or primary CC. Morgana? Mess her up.
yeah you can lol. missing hook means you can't close the gap enough to punish an adc for dashing up to you and blowing your face off. that's exactly why everyone backs off if they miss.

Keeping on with the Jinx stereotype. Most of the matchmaking Jinx ADCs I've had have been either really obnoxious or entitled psychos looking for an excuse to rage.

Idk, maybe it's some sort of intense immersion/roleplay.

You. You need to play with me sometime then. When I get back from my break.

zkylon

zkylewd

i'd say if morg or blitz miss their skillshots they're pretty fucked. leona too. even if you see sona range-fail her q you can jump on her. although you can jump on poor sona any day really.

thresh can still put up a good fight and so does nami but generally if the other support misses their skillshot you just won something

Jinx players are assholes for whatever reason. They're - we're? - second only to Vayne and Lee players.
man i feel sorry for ezreal - the original asshole

iWs35kXd4lxb6.gif

i don't see anything bad coming out of this lol

drawkcaB

Sona is a really, really hard support to have down there. She dies so easily. Nothing worse than a support that feeds, and if you do draw one, it's usually a Sona.

Jesus Christ. No wonder you don't care much for supporting. You're just full of incorrect notions about the role and the champions.

Sona is a really, really hard support to have down there. She dies so easily. Nothing worse than a support that feeds, and if you do draw one, it's usually a Sona.

Her new role is very risky but still it can press pretty hard if you let her move and very tanky if you max out her W first.

zkylon

zkylewd
really hurts me to read things like this T_T

it's crazy tho how the meta changed to the point she's no longer the safe pick she used to be. and like i'd say she doesn't get nearly enough in exchange for her low stats and lack of hard cc pre-6 but her winrate is always up there so it's not like she gets shit on every game

she's getting a pretty decent buff this patch so that'll make her be a bit stronger in lane again

also i wish they made her q buff to be applied on spells too, that would be so much more fun

Isnt that Young Arthas menethil? lol

who

Why don't you use imgur?
1) imgur is crap and reduces everything to shitty jpeg compression
2) so i can have this

Jeff-DSA

I haven't read the upcoming Sona patch notes, I'll have to look them up. My friend used to be an absolute monster with Sona, but she gave her up with the rework. I haven't known a reliable Sona player since.

zkylon

zkylewd
The lich king, before he became the lich king. Like I said earlier it looks a lot like a rule 63 Arthas.
i doo not know this anime

I haven't read the upcoming Sona patch notes, I'll have to look them up. My friend used to be an absolute monster with Sona, but she gave her up with the rework. I haven't known a reliable Sona player since.
i like sona better after the rework

i'm just waiting for the q fix cos right now it's pretty frustrating as a longtime sona player to be constantly fucking up my qs

late catching up to this but if you've been chat restricted for 80 games you're probably not as nice or playful as you think you are. the fact that someone can get chat restricted for 80 games and not realise they need to change their behaviour and attitude is kinda crazy to me.

people in silver dont play sona very well

they dont seem to realize that at level 1, sona outdamages draven and shits on every lane that has unreliable hard cc or no cc in general.

Jeff-DSA

People in Silver generally lack understanding in some aspect of the game.

Lots of good Leona, Thresh, Blitzcrank, and Morgana players. Hardly any other supports show up. Next most common I see would be Nami and Braum, I guess. Sona isn't picked all that often so there's not very high level play with her. Soraka and Janna are rarely picked either.

Newt

late catching up to this but if you've been chat restricted for 80 games you're probably not as nice or playful as you think you are. the fact that someone can get chat restricted for 80 games and not realise they need to change their behaviour and attitude is kinda crazy to me.
Nah man, just bronzies being salty. /s

Lots of good Leona, Thresh, Blitzcrank, and Morgana players. Hardly any other supports show up. Next most common I see would be Nami and Braum, I guess. Sona isn't picked all that often so there's not very high level play with her. Soraka and Janna are rarely picked either.
this is false

i played in silver and every time i see those supports, they have no idea what they're doing.

thresh: they don't use their flay passive at all and always go for hard hooks

blitz: don't use the threat of hook as a zoning tool and always fire at the most retarded times

leona: don't respect the opponent's level 1 and always gets chunked so she can't engage

morg: no reaction time so completely pointless playing her.

Jeff-DSA

this is false

i played in silver and every time i see those supports, they have no idea what they're doing.

blitz: don't use the threat of hook as a zoning tool and always fire at the most retarded times

leona: don't respect the opponent's level 1 and always gets chunked so she can't engage

Dude, good relative to the tier. You would still yell at them and freak out, I'm sure.

pigeon

Banned
this is false

My experience of playing in Silver is that it's okay because Silver players have zero ability to pressure on cooldowns. I know academically that Blitz's hook has a 16 second cooldown at max rank and so I get 16 seconds of autoattacks when he whiffs one but in practice I can't actually do that when playing ADC so Blitz just gets to whiff hooks for free. (In fairness, they don't know how to punish me for walking up and E-AAing them as Trist either.)

As a result, hook supports are great in Silver because if you can at least notice when your opponent is walking along an axis that intersects you and fire your hook along that axis every so often you're a god of getting picks.

drawkcaB

i like sona better after the rework

Same, so much more active now. Absolutely had a blast playing her in my 10-game Sona run. I'll take bubble hugs over passive auras any day.

Sona said:
Well, it hasn't trickled down to high silver, I guess. She's still squishy any time I see her.

Sona just has a reputation worse than others because "lololol health pool of a minion". In practical terms she's no worse than most other ranged supports save maybe Morgana because of her bullshit shield. Your supports are probably playing their lanes doing stupid shit like not pushing for level 2 and 3 and getting into bush fights with Blitzcrank.

ghost said:

Beating up level 1 Leona, chunking at level 2, and still seeing them try to all-in when they reach 2 is an absolute joy.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
people in silver dont play sona very well

they dont seem to realize that at level 1, sona outdamages draven and shits on every lane that has unreliable hard cc or no cc in general.
None of this is true but okay.

You guys are so weird and elitist sometimes. Sona winrate is slightly higher in Silver than Diamond and the KDA is identical. Sona's winrate peaks in gold ELO.

zkylon

zkylewd
Well, it hasn't trickled down to high silver, I guess. She's still squishy any time I see her.
it's not that hard to be effective as sona. you don't really have to do anything in lane, just play passive and survive. you don't even need to poke, you'll be useful later anyways.

i find that pretty depressing as sona used to be such a bully and now not so much

not really ocs of the rework but how they nerfed her q damage to the point it doesn't feel worth it so much

and u know if you play her well enough you still can rekk face. i run her with ignite, double pen and a risky ap quint and fight fight fight <3

FFS really? Warcraft 3... the game that spawned dota... that spawned League? You should know this!
what can i say the last time i played an rts i think was brood wars and even then i only stuck to the campaign cos playing against ppl is hard

drawkcaB

You guys are so weird and elitist sometimes. Sona winrate is slightly higher in Silver than Diamond and the KDA is identical. Sona's winrate peaks in gold ELO.

One of my personal faves that people here bring up time and time again is "people in high elo know how to deal with Blitzcrank" or some such.

/showmethereceipts.gif

pigeon

Banned
One of my personal faves that people here bring up time and time again is "people in high elo know how to deal with Blitzcrank".

/showmethereceipts.gif

This is just backwards reasoning from the meta.

Blitz wasn't showing up in higher elo. Why? Presumably because they know how to dodge the hook better. SO MOTE IT BE

Now Blitz is showing up more in higher elo again. Did people get shittier at dodging the hook? Or do we actually just make up theories as to why champs don't show up in higher elo because we don't really know why?

Similar arguments can be made about Tristana, who was completely out of the meta when I started playing League and suddenly became a terribly designed champion with an obviously toxic kit with way too many angles and escapes as a result of getting...about 7 range per level on her ultimate and 20 less mana cost on her jump.

zkylon

zkylewd
i remmber back in highschool all the cool kids used to play warcraft 3 but i didn't udnerstand it too well and also didn't like it much cos there were spiders in it

i used to play lots of ragnarok online back then

Jeff-DSA

This is just backwards reasoning from the meta.

Blitz wasn't showing up in higher elo. Why? Presumably because they know how to dodge the hook better. SO MOTE IT BE

Now Blitz is showing up more in higher elo again. Did people get shittier at dodging the hook? Or do we actually just make up theories as to why champs don't show up in higher elo because we don't really know why?

Similar arguments can be made about Tristana, who was completely out of the meta when I started playing League and suddenly became a terribly designed champion with an obviously toxic kit with way too many angles and escapes as a result of getting...about 7 range per level on her ultimate and 20 less mana cost on her jump.

From the very first time I saw a Tristana I was terrified of her. I don't understand why it took so long for people to start abusing her kit in play.

Ferrio

Banned
i remmber back in highschool all the cool kids used to play warcraft 3 but i didn't udnerstand it too well and also didn't like it much cos there were spiders in it

i used to play lots of ragnarok online back then

I don't remember any game being played as a qualification for the cool crowd when I was in school. Shit things must of have changed.

Sona is super squishy compared to other supports, aggresive players can destroy her pretty easy if your adc is not aware or getting killed before getting R, there is nothing I can do to save him.

Still want her E to have more area, its pretty useless now. I loved max out E before to make everyone ( and the minions) runs like freaking demons.

i doo not know this anime

Profound sadness

From the very first time I saw a Tristana I was terrified of her. I don't understand why it took so long for people to start abusing her kit in play.
before adc item changes, bt adcs would absolutely destroy her in her midgame power trough. now all of those adcs have to rush blade or ie, and trist's terrible midgame doesn't matter as much anymore.

Jeff-DSA

before adc item changes, bt adcs would absolutely destroy her in her midgame power trough. now all of those adcs have to rush blade or ie, and trist's terrible midgame doesn't matter as much anymore.

Makes sense, but she was always still a life stealing, late game wrecking, stupid jumping arounding, self peeling, jerk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom