• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sofo

Oh! Managed to win my 2nd game ever as Ahri on Team Builder! I sucked quite a bit but won lane to a Yasuo (I assume it's a bad match up for him). Still, didn't manage to get anything out of taking their turret early, so I basically just kept shoving. Bot lane was winning hard and top lane was like me, maybe doing a bit better but got camped more I think.

I still need to polish so many things, and it's so easy to get greedy as Ahri/midlaner. Also I definitely do not ward enough but I got really lucky that my pink stayed for the entire game (talk about gold efficiency amirite?).

I got first kill on a Zed on the match prior to that one, but after not being able to lock the second kill (I dove and Zed went away with a sliver of healt, our Khazix Q'd a minion... But I had forgotten to W anyway >_<) I lost control of the lane. Didn't help that bot Tristana was super fed so I just kinda tried to stay safe but we lost. Sad times!

Anyway really enjoying her but her micromanagement is kinda hmph, idk, DFG/BoTRK are kind of items that I need to keep reminding myself to use and when I do, I use them in a really awkward fashion.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Oh! Managed to win my 2nd game ever as Ahri on Team Builder! I sucked quite a bit but won lane to a Yasuo (I assume it's a bad match up for him). Still, didn't manage to get anything out of taking their turret early, so I basically just kept shoving. Bot lane was winning hard and top lane was like me, maybe doing a bit better but got camped more I think.

I still need to polish so many things, and it's so easy to get greedy as Ahri/midlaner. Also I definitely do not ward enough but I got really lucky that my pink stayed for the entire game (talk about gold efficiency amirite?).

I got first kill on a Zed on the match prior to that one, but after not being able to lock the second kill (I dove and Zed went away with a sliver of healt, our Khazix Q'd a minion... But I had forgotten to W anyway >_<) I lost control of the lane. Didn't help that bot Tristana was super fed so I just kinda tried to stay safe but we lost. Sad times!

Anyway really enjoying her but her micromanagement is kinda hmph, idk, DFG/BoTRK are kind of items that I need to keep reminding myself to use and when I do, I use them in a really awkward fashion.
The key to to winning as ahri is knowing when to charm. Never use it to soon. Chip them to half health. Then just go for the full e-DFG-w-q(maybe r) combo.

I just wish her passive was a lot better, it does almost nothing.

Sofo

The key to to winning as ahri is knowing when to charm. Never use it to soon. Chip them to half health. Then just go for the full e-DFG-w-q(maybe r) combo.

I just wish her passive was a lot better, it does almost nothing.

Yeah that sounds great, ty! I feel her passive is great if you need to stay in lane and have blue but otherwise yeah ._.

What I did most of those times was R into a position to safely E > (W if I wasn't stupid enough to forget about it) Q > R > R (to get out) but it's true that I used the E too freely at times. The fact that the W is not a skillshot/target is what throws me off >_<;

Jeff-DSA

I'm a bad support. I'll admit it right now.

qtiwhRO.png

But I'm in Silver 1. Last time I had an insane run like this I flew up to Silver 3 and then hit the craziest streak of AFK/toxic teammates and dropped all the way down to Bronze 2. I pray that I've improved enough to keep that from happening.

Wow, I think I just got loldropped. I never thought it would be done on Garena. We were winning really hard when suddenly "Attempting to reconnect". My latency kinda kept spazzing between 300-500. I left the game to reconnect from air then saw a "Skip waiting for stats". Huh? Clicked it and it's like my game didn't exist. Nothing in my match history. Started a custom game and it loaded.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Wow, I think I just got loldropped. I never thought it would be done on Garena. We were winning really hard when suddenly "Attempting to reconnect". My latency kinda kept spazzing between 300-500. I left the game to reconnect from air then saw a "Skip waiting for stats". Huh? Clicked it and it's like my game didn't exist. Nothing in my match history. Started a custom game and it loaded.
I wonder how easy it is to get loldropped. Is it just people who are raging hitting a switch or something more complicated?

Jeff-DSA

I wonder how easy it is to get loldropped. Is it just people who are raging hitting a switch or something more complicated?

I don't know how easy it is, but it can't be super complicated. I've had it happen a handful of times. It always happen right after you wreck a team and it's pretty obvious that it was intentional.

Faced a smurf who mained Kat. She was S2 or somewhere around that.

I checked Lolnexus, and with close to 120 games, she averaged 17/6/7.

That's an insane kda to average with almost 120 games....

edit:Now I think about it, Kat is one of those champions that will just snowball so fucking hard, it's so hard to slow her down. I shouldn't be surprised how she's averaging those kills, but still, with 120 games, that's pretty impressive.

I remember reading something on Reddit once.

A guy is banning, someone on his team wants Kat mid.

He checks lolking, the guy has an absurd number of Kat games with a terrible KDA.

He bans Kat.

The guy rages and ends up picking Thresh. He does incredibly well as Thresh, landing hooks all day and they end up winning.

Later, the guy checks his lolking and he played 5 more Kat games after, losing all of them.

zkylon

zkylewd
The fact that everyone needs to have a unique passive is pretty offputting. They changed it to distinguish her from morg and did the same thing to distinguish the draven from darius.
they changed it cos spellvamp is awkward

i bet they'll eventually chaneg morg's passive too

Ocho

they changed it cos spellvamp is awkward

i bet they'll eventually chaneg morg's passive too

How is spell vamp awkward? Unless there's a hidden mechanic I don't know about (quite possible), it's pretty straight forward. You heal x% of damage dealt with spells.

Blizzard

Banned

He checks lolking, the guy has an absurd number of Kat games with a terrible KDA.

He bans Kat.

The guy rages and ends up picking Thresh. He does incredibly well as Thresh, landing hooks all day and they end up winning.

Later, the guy checks his lolking and he played 5 more Kat games after, losing all of them.
That's kind of funny. And it almost goes without saying, but KDA doesn't necessarily mean anyone will win. In fact, unless you consider assists, it might mean your team is starving for gold.

For example, my own silver experience this season:
tmpybcwj.png

I had a lovely > 70% win rate with Maokai but I lost my most recent ranked game with him. Even with that loss, my win rate is far higher with him than with Katarina, though if I played the same number of Maokai games it might even out.

This is even though I have probably played 100-200 Katarina games in the last couple of years, even though Katarina has a better KDA for me, better CS per game, and more involvement in kills (K + A).

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
How is spell vamp awkward? Unless there's a hidden mechanic I don't know about (quite possible), it's pretty straight forward. You heal x% of damage dealt with spells.
Yeah but unlike lifesteal, the heal is based on if you can hit the target and then theres cooldown. Its also mitigated if its an aoe and theres like what, one spellvamp item?

zkylon

zkylewd
cos it depends on the damage dealt by that specific spell

it involves a bit more math than lifesteal

Jeff-DSA

He bans Kat.

Katarina is truly feast or famine. You either snowball hard, make other lanes snowball hard, or you are totally worthless and your team is struggling to deal with a poor team comp. But man, I've had games with 30+ kills in ranked. So fun.

one thing i will say is the trash talk in this game sucks

its nothing creative and its all boring

guess thats what happens when all chat is off by default

Jeff-DSA

Funny how close my Katarina and Miss Fortune stats are for ranked. In Normals, Katarina is way higher on the K/D ratio though.

1RMZeme.png

And when you have matches like this, you don't want to ever play anybody else.

mu439tO.png

Note: I wasn't Silver 1 in that match, I've moved up since then. I think I was Silver 3, and that guy who is Platinum 5 was like Gold 2.

If you're really interested in climbing support is one of the better positions to learn well. Have you tried Zyra? Once you get good at support is really is a tremendously rewarding role.

I just bought Zyra. I'm about to start learning her before I push real hard for Gold. I want to be confident that if I'm left to support that I'm not going to be a big detriment to my team anymore.

garath

I'm a bad support. I'll admit it right now.

qtiwhRO.png

But I'm in Silver 1. Last time I had an insane run like this I flew up to Silver 3 and then hit the craziest streak of AFK/toxic teammates and dropped all the way down to Bronze 2. I pray that I've improved enough to keep that from happening.

See. When you belong higher, you'll eventually get there. You're carrying hard. Keep it up! Gold is on the horizon!!

me and dob just had the most frustrating ranked ever.

I fucked up in lane early and gave the enemy a double kill, but we team fought and skirmished well and we ended up miles ahead.

then the team decided to go full retard all the time. getting caught, giving away kills, not using ults when we had malph and ori etc.

I also started to lag like crazy, so we lost fight after fight and two barons

they pushed hard, made it all the way to half killing our nexus. my lag calmed down and we managed to ace them and get their mid inhib.

rinse and repeat and we managed to push and win the game. was awful.

but hey, 27 LP so...

also next part of the Sion thing is up

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
me and dob just had the most frustrating ranked ever.

I fucked up in lane early and gave the enemy a double kill, but we team fought and skirmished well and we ended up miles ahead.

then the team decided to go full retard all the time. getting caught, giving away kills, not using ults when we had malph and ori etc.

I also started to lag like crazy, so we lost fight after fight and two barons

they pushed hard, made it all the way to half killing our nexus. my lag calmed down and we managed to ace them and get their mid inhib.

rinse and repeat and we managed to push and win the game. was awful.

but hey, 27 LP so...
Nice lag struggle, you didn't let the lag beat you.
Its already happening.

my ISP is the fucking worst.

Was talking with the main network guy at Riot (since apparently they use the same ISP for their offices here) and the struggle he's had with them is insane.

Worst ISP going, but unfortunately they pretty much have a monopoly here since every other ISP just resells their lines.

Playing in the evenings is nigh on impossible.

Blizzard

Banned
my ISP is the fucking worst.

Was talking with the main network guy at Riot (since apparently they use the same ISP for their offices here) and the struggle he's had with them is insane.

Worst ISP going, but unfortunately they pretty much have a monopoly here since every other ISP just resells their lines.

Playing in the evenings is nigh on impossible.
So you're saying...Riot Costy?

Ferrio

Banned
So wait, is sion going to be a big fucking statue?

What's the point of the damn statue and magic? I thought they were just undeading some guy.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Just chatting him up in the break room while playing foosball with Ghostcrawler.

drawkcaB

So wait, is sion going to be a big fucking statue?

What's the point of the damn statue and magic? I thought they were just undeading some guy.

The statue is the tomb containing him (I think). In the latest panel there's a door with [presumably] Leblanc standing in front of it for size reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom