• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drawkcaB

What?? source?? That's awesome!

edit: In the patch notes!!

Ranked Decay
Ranked decay is meant to ensure that only the best active players can hold on to their position through a season. While this makes sense for the most competitive tiers, it just ends up as source of stress for the rest of the ladder. To that end, we've removed decay for silver and gold (bronze was already immune - we fixed a bug where this wasn't the case for promo series).
NEWQUALITY OF LIFE Silver and Gold players are now immune to decay
BUGFIX Fixed a bug where Bronze players who went inactive during a promo series were decaying out of their series

Oh god that's so awesome.

It's official. Riot thinks that unless you're plat you're just fucking around, wasting time.

Jeff-DSA

but i am just fucking around and wasting time

I waste my time better than you do though.

Talon neutered and Nidalee should be less OP.

Sucks. My favorite mid and I JUST started playing Nidalee top lol.

The Talon nerf just took away one of the best counters to low ELO cheese champions like Kassadin, Akali, Yasuo, and Nidalee. Thank goodness I'm moving up. I don't want to see any more 20 kill Akali games.

I'll be interested to see how Talon is after this change.

it'll probably hit him pretty hard, although not as hard as LeBlanc.

I gave him one last sendoff game

*sniff* goodnight sweet prince

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Yep. Talon will be fine.
Nah. A big part of silence is that it removes the enemy ability to react, which opens up defensive and offensive responses that make Talon considerably riskier to play. With other assassins seeing so much play right now any nerfs to Talon will probably push him off the map.

Negaduck

Don't know how I feel about them removing all the silences from champs (wonder if they will remove it from Garen next)

They say because its frustrating to fight against but anything is frustrating to fight against.

I dunmo, not a personal fan of that. I would say if that happens they should almost move it over to his ult some way since he is so single target focused.

Maybe mark the enemy he blinks to and if he ults the enemy with the mark gets silenced for a short period.

Just throwing out random thoughts.

Jeff-DSA

You know, I understand the argument against silence for assassins. Like, I get it, but something else has to be included in Talon's kit if his combo relies on him putting down a debuff to get his full combo off. How about rather than silence, he can't be targeted for .2 seconds? Give him a quick chance to escape, but also let the enemy react in some fashion, even if it's not to directly damage him back or disable him.

Meanwhile LeBlanc gets FOUR AMERICAN SECONDS to teleport back to her pad. Sure, she doesn't have silence, but she has a very safe way of bouncing around the place and she has ranged attacks. She'll come back into favor a bit more as Talon falls out.

brian!

i legitimately felt frustrated getting silenced in dota after playing league for so long

there is no reason for leblanc to come back when there are better choices

Yep. Talon will be fine.
The only reason Talon works is because of the threat of the silence in lane allowing him to apply uncounterable harass until he hits 6 and he can finally blow you up.

Without the silence mid lane will turn into a nightmare for Talon because mids that would otherwise destroy him but don't because of the silence will now do so.

You know, I understand the argument against silence for assassins. Like, I get it, but something else has to be included in Talon's kit if his combo relies on him putting down a debuff to get his full combo off. How about rather than silence, he can't be targeted for .2 seconds? Give him a quick chance to escape, but also let the enemy react in some fashion, even if it's not to directly damage him back or disable him.

Meanwhile LeBlanc gets FOUR AMERICAN SECONDS to teleport back to her pad. Sure, she doesn't have silence, but she has a very safe way of bouncing around the place and she has ranged attacks. She'll come back into favor a bit more as Talon falls out.
She's not an AD assassin.

Also making Talon untargetable is the same as a silence. If he jumps at you, you need to be able to hit him back, that's the whole point. Fizz gets away with it because Fizz doesn't have ranged harass and you don't have to change your build path specifically for him otherwise risk getting blown up.

Jeff-DSA

The only reason Talon works is because of the threat of the silence in lane allowing him to apply uncounterable harass until he hits 6 and he can finally blow you up.

Without the silence mid lane will turn into a nightmare for Talon because mids that would otherwise destroy him but don't because of the silence will now do so.

Maybe more top lane Talon will show again. I hope he's still viable, I'm just doubting it.

Also on silences, I think it's fair for Garen to have one. Melee champs need it most, and I've never had issues with him having a fairly strong silence. I would be fine if more tanks were introduced with silence mechanics...but never blind.

how long is an american second?

Maybe more top lane Talon will show again. I hope he's still viable, I'm just doubting it.

Also on silences, I think it's fair for Garen to have one. Melee champs need it most, and I've never had issues with him having a fairly strong silence. I would be fine if more tanks were introduced with silence mechanics...but never blind.

top lane talon will get murdered.

----------------------------------

DUNKMASTER DARIUS

drawkcaB

Don't know how I feel about them removing all the silences from champs (wonder if they will remove it from Garen next)

They say because its frustrating to fight against but anything is frustrating to fight against.

I dunmo, not a personal fan of that. I would say if that happens they should almost move it over to his ult some way since he is so single target focused.

Maybe mark the enemy he blinks to and if he ults the enemy with the mark gets silenced for a short period.

Just throwing out random thoughts.

It's not that silence is frustrating in-and-of-itself. It's in the context of a burst mages/assassins. Simplest case is assassin v. assassin. What do I want to do? Burst my opponent down. What does he want to do? Burst me down. When two champions have the same play pattern, but one has a tool which let's them ensure the other can't perform that play pattern before dying, that's what creates frustration.

No one is calling for Cho'Gath to lose his massive silence and they just gave Soraka a silencing field, for examples. But neither of them have a play pattern built around bursting down someone...unless you're cheeky and playing AP Cho or some such but even then.

dimb said:
Nah. A big part of silence is that it removes the enemy ability to react, which opens up defensive and offensive responses that make Talon considerably riskier to play. With other assassins seeing so much play right now any nerfs to Talon will probably push him off the map.

Again, I doubt it. The silence is particularly beneficial in match-ups where Talon should have had more difficulty that he presently is. In match-ups where you'd expect him to come out on top there won't be much change. Now, are you arguing that he's going to be pushed "off the map" in the competitive sense or in general? The former argument I'll buy into, the latter, nah, he'll be fine once players adjust.

how long is an american second?

New York, West Coast, or Mid-West?

Stone Ocean said:

I had no idea Talon would run 700+ units in 1s. How else could a 1s silence make the opposing player being so impotent?

Melee silences are ok
Skillshot silences are ok
Targeted ranged silences are ok

None of these is ok if the silence means whatever got caught is dead because of it. Garen doesn't instantly blow you up after running torwards you and auto attacking. Fiddle doesn't instantly kill you if he silences you either. Malz can't even land his silence alone on anyone with boots without his ult anyways, and so on. Talon is basically the last remaining toxic silence in the game, others should be fine.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
In match-ups where you'd expect him to come out on top there won't be much change. Now, are you arguing that he's going to be pushed "off the map" in the competitive sense or in general? The former argument I'll buy into, the latter, nah, he'll be fine once players adjust.
What are Talon's best matchups? A lot of it is against other close range assassins like Fizz, Yasuo, and Zed who are unable to return burst while silenced. How does Talon's matchup against these champions change without his silence? Suddenly all of their evasive maneuvers are opened up in addition to Flash.

I just don't see players at any skill level continuing to pick Talon. Losing his silence guts the reason people picked him: where unreturnable damage let him crush other assassins and left control mages without their defensive options.

Talon doesn't do enough damage to be a good assassin without his silence. Unless he can throw all his abilities out with no way for the enemy to respond he does nothing useful.

He needs a new kit. We've known it for a while. It was fun while it lasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom