• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
BDSM Eve

humaneve3.jpg

Tango Eve:

tango2.jpg

-----------------------------------------

SION

Sion does a metric fuck tonne of damage guys. His Q and Ult in particular.

He's a complete monster. He will ruin people in team fights and ganks. If you can lock people down to get a charged Q, you will massacre them.

The game lagged out on me, but his rank 2 ult's max damage is 650 (+ x AD)

SIX HUNDRED AND FIFTY

Customs are limited to two people now so I can't hop in again right away, but when I get the chance I'll test his jungling.

His clear will be fine cos he can get a fully charged Q on every camp.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I feel like Sion's teamfight, outside of the initiation, is pretty weak. Very vulnerable to being kited and lacking in reliable CC. He also just lacks the in and out game top tier tanks/junglers have like Lee, Kha6, and J4. With so much of his power baked into his Q you're going to see Sion either clean up with that ability or do pretty much nothing in team fights, but the long channel time on the ability heavily narrows it being used to its maximum potential. Landing an ultimate charge is a pretty good way to garuntee a Q though, and with max CDR the charge is on a sub 40 second cooldown timer. Not really sure how well any laning phase for him would go.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Time to start playing Evelynn...

ಠ‿ಠ

Ferrio

Banned
Sion
Karthus
Zilean
Kogmaw
Yorick

We can have a "Comes back from the dead" team now. Man that'd be annoying.

edit: Guess Aatrox already existed, so could of had it before.

I feel like Sion's teamfight, outside of the initiation, is pretty weak. Very vulnerable to being kited and lacking in reliable CC. He also just lacks the in and out game top tier tanks/junglers have like Lee, Kha6, and J4. With so much of his power baked into his Q you're going to see Sion either clean up with that ability or do pretty much nothing in team fights, but the long channel time on the ability heavily narrows it being used to its maximum potential. Landing an ultimate charge is a pretty good way to garuntee a Q though, and with max CDR the charge is on a sub 40 second cooldown timer. Not really sure how well any laning phase for him would go.
He's immune to CC during his ult though, so he doesn't sound all that kiteable unless it's down.

PBE is super laggy for me

his jungle clear is super safe and decently fast. His pre 6 ganks are shit though.

You could easily farm til 6 or after with just your machete and pots.

dimb

He's immune to CC during his ult though, so he doesn't sound all that kiteable unless it's down.
I don't mean during the ult, I mean after it. Sion's ult has limitations too though. On paper you can just say that he's immune to CC and has 1000 MS so you could never kite him, but in reality the slow turning radius opens up lots of options for people to maneuver into positions that prevent the ultimate from hitting anyone. It isn't like Rengar where he can hop on you from any angle. In most situations Sion will need to run down a lane or river.

In general, yes.

On new Sion during passive? It depends on if it "sets" the life steal to 100% or if it adds 100%. I would guess the latter, in which case it would be yes.
Scruffy said it adds 100% lifesteal so you can easily get something like 120%
Sweet Nexus kills though. Honestly I think it's a pretty crummy passive.
Without hitting someone for the Lifesteal I imagine he'll die super fast

dimb

Without hitting someone for the Lifesteal I imagine he'll die super fast
Eh. The lifesteal is pretty limited in how long it will keep you alive anyways, and something solid like a Nexus, inhibitor, or turret are the few things Sion will be able to reliably kill while the passive is active.

Leezard

i herd viktor is op
He got ridiculous damage now. He's like TF but with more damage instead of a global ult and utility instead of a barely useful auto attack steroid passive.
I'm almost considering sion rework as an entirely new champion. He seems extremely different now then what he was.
That's supposedly the reason his rework took so long time. They could pretty much only salvage his shield/scaling health.

Ferrio

Banned
Yet they drop the ball with cass. I actually haven't played her since rework, but looks like nothing changed for the better.

Bacon

Can someone who is better at analyzing champion abilities then me explain how different the sion ult and rammus q are?

I'm assuming sions ult does a shit ton more damage but what other differences are there?

dimb

Can someone who is better at analyzing champion abilities then me explain how different the sion ult and rammus q are?

I'm assuming sions ult does a shit ton more damage but what other differences are there?
They are not at all alike. Rammus ball still leaves you with complete control over character movement. Sion's ultimate locks you into a run in the direction you are facing with limited control over changing your direction.

drawkcaB

Can someone who is better at analyzing champion abilities then me explain how different the sion ult and rammus q are

CC immunity apparently and stops on champion hits, not minion hits. Also applies his E armor shred from what I see.

Ferrio said:
Yet they drop the ball with cass. I actually haven't played her since rework, but looks like nothing changed for the better.

The overall kit looks fine. I think she's just undertuned because Riot overvalued the %AP passive boost and subsequently hit her early base and scaling damage too hard.

Korten

Banned
Maybe it's just me- but I noticed that when it comes to the new model updates that their colors look duller, less detail (but somehow more detailed?), but everything is softer. I know this seems random but it's hard to put it on what exactly they do with the new style. :(

Leezard

No way. That's hilarious.

It was the standard way to deal with Rammus during Season 1.
Maybe it's just me- but I noticed that when it comes to the new model updates that their colors look duller, less detail (but somehow more detailed?), but everything is softer. I know this seems random but it's hard to put it on what exactly they do with the new style. :(

It is to make it fit with the new SR better. Old champs without texture updates do not "fit" into the new map as well as the updated ones. That's the intention I think, at least.

Bacon

They look a LOT better when contrasted on the new summoners rift.

bokn

Banned

In a way they are removing detail (cos a lot of stuff is currently just baked onto the texture like lighting and minute detailing)
and also making the colours less bright/more soft because they dont have to compete with the current SR anymore

pigeon

Banned

Rammus's Q gives him move speed, but he otherwise maneuvers normally -- he can stop, turn around, whatever. Sion's R causes him to charge towards the cursor without being able to stop or turn quickly (he can turn slowly towards the cursor while running).

Sion's impact knocks up, not back, for a longer period (if he charges his full distance, the stun is nearly 2 seconds long), and probably has a larger damage radius.

Rammus can't run into terrain with his Q. Sion can. However, Rammus can be CCed or run into a ward/minion/other small enemy. Sion charges THROUGH minions and only stops when he hits a champion or wall.

Nev

Banned
I really hope the next VU is Taric. Along Sion, he's the only champion that shows a RIDICULOUS difference in quality compared to newer champions. I mean, Amumu, Veigar, Mordekaiser or Tristana look pretty terrible, but that's because their designs are woeful and there's no way to make them look good without completely redesigning everything about these 16yo below average wannabe designer abominations.

Taric, however, has the potential to be awesome while mantaining his identity. Singed too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom