• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm almost considering sion rework as an entirely new champion. He seems extremely different now then what he was.
Well yeah. His W is the only thing of the old kit, everything else is brand new.

Similar theme and lore, but for all purposes he's a new champion.
Maybe it's just me- but I noticed that when it comes to the new model updates that their colors look duller, less detail (but somehow more detailed?), but everything is softer. I know this seems random but it's hard to put it on what exactly they do with the new style. :(
Less detail is a good thing when the detail is shitty and noisy.

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
how about a server upgrade next

0EJ9aiB.png

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
What site is that? Im kind of scared to know how much ive spent on the game recently. Ive had some nice income boosts this year though so I guess its chump change.

Elophant. It was the go to site before Lolking/Lolnexus were released for free. You do need to download their little client in order for them to get an initial skin count but then you can get rid of it.

Negaduck

Maybe it's just me- but I noticed that when it comes to the new model updates that their colors look duller, less detail (but somehow more detailed?), but everything is softer. I know this seems random but it's hard to put it on what exactly they do with the new style. :(

It seems like a lower amount of contrasting values with a slightly at places saturation (the difference from light and dark isn't as intense and all over the scale and dull use of colors rather than more intense color choices)

I didn't glance too much at them but I believe that's the reason it looks more cohesive.

You can see that for example in akali's blades. The old models brightest spot on it was really bright and darkest spot was really dark. The new blades don't have such an intense change in value.

Ferga

Nice Sion kit. It's everything I want in a champ.

But what the hell did they do to my warmonger skin?

It just got plain uglier

yeah that's the impression we got

also we played against a mid soraka that completely shit on our mid viktor

but our gnar finished 0/11/0 so o think they were kind of trolling

in my limited time playing her on PBE it didnt reeaallly seem like she would be too viable in mid since her w was basically useless aside from the passive

maybe she is though? i dunno. I like her new kit a lot though.

Nice Sion kit. It's everything I want in a champ.

But what the hell did they do to my warmonger skin?

It just got plain uglier

yeah it doesnt seem like they did a very good job with the skins, which is kind of disappointing. maybe his skins just sucked in the first place, i dunno.

I'm locked at no higher than 60 :(. But that's the side effect of playing on a 60inch tv.

you what

Einbroch

Banned
IS ANYONE WATCHING KACEYTRON!?

Omg this is the funniest thing of all time. This other streamer is duoing with her and acting like he has a mental disease and holding back his laughter. Kaceytron is going nuts.

This is so fucking hilarious. I'm dying.

My computer is set up in the living room. I sit on the couch and my keyboard/mouse is on the coffee table that extends. It's about 5 feet from the tv.

how are you not dealing with the worst input lag in the world

Omg this is the funniest thing of all time. This other streamer is duoing with her and acting like he has a mental disease and holding back his laughter. Kaceytron is going nuts.

"duo date with poopbutt101"

q u a l i t y c o n t e n t

zkylon

zkylewd

i love kaceytron

in my limited time playing her on PBE it didnt reeaallly seem like she would be too viable in mid since her w was basically useless aside from the passive

maybe she is though? i dunno. I like her new kit a lot though.
i'm not sure, i don't think my experience counts for much as matchmaking was being weird

brian!

*feigns crying*
other dude: hey are you crying right now
kaceytron: no...I'm just getting a lot of subscribers right now

the god

Kenai

I really hope the next VU is Taric. Along Sion, he's the only champion that shows a RIDICULOUS difference in quality compared to newer champions. I mean, Amumu, Veigar, Mordekaiser or Tristana look pretty terrible, but that's because their designs are woeful and there's no way to make them look good without completely redesigning everything about these 16yo below average wannabe designer abominations.

Taric, however, has the potential to be awesome while mantaining his identity. Singed too.

100% agreed.

I said this before, but that Riot is trying to decide how gay they want Taric to officially be and then once they figure it out (or if they already have?) go from there. Was easy to tell in their last interview that's what they were debating at the time.

zkylon

zkylewd
i hope they make taric openly gay

like not make his whole personality revolve around him being gay but u know, diversity's fun

Mmm so Soraka new changes is the same thing they wanted to do with Sona, trying make a passive support being aggressive and be more into Team fights but punish her for being aggressive ignoring the champ is squishy as hell.

Her Q is too short and very noticeable to dodge and to slow to cast

Her W is somewhat a harakiri mechanic if the ADC gets damaged too often soraka is punished for doing her job, cant heal herself and no longer gives magic resistance to the objetive.

Her E is the same thing like her Q, too short.

Blizzard

Banned
Soraka is funny with how fast she runs towards injured teammates, but the rest I'm still not sure about. Not being able to give mana is sad, nor heal yourself without ult or the heal summoner spell.

Can you kill yourself at 1 HP with heal? I'm guessing not.

Does anyone know for sure if Azir turrets dying give gold to only the killer + assisters, or the entire team? The wiki doesn't seem to say. If an Azir turret self-destructs, does no one get gold?

Sorry if this has been posted, but I saw it in the Soraka Update comments. Top rated comment right now. Curious if people here agree or not, as I've never played her:

...Riot, I love Soraka to death, but you just got rid of the only reason a lot of people played her. Soraka was the ONLY support, no, only CHAMPION in the game that could give allies mana, which is a huge thing that made her unique. But it's not only just that. Starcall for instance-- I like that you made it so it won't as easily just cs steal or whatever, but Soraka is not made to do damage. That's just not her. She is the "support." She doesn't want to hurt people. And especially considering that you now made it so that she cannot heal herself with Astral Blessing-- what's she going to do if there are no champions nearby? She has no way of healing herself now unless champions are nearby, and I doubt that a Kha'zix will let her smack him with a meteor to get back a little heath before he chops off her head.

Another thing now is that Soraka's New E (also known as Swain's W+Silence), aside from it being no longer original whatsoever, is COMPLETELY useless against non-caster ADC's. Lucian (mid-late), Vayne, Ashe, Caitlyn, Draven, Jinx, Miss Fortune, Quinn, Teemo, Tristana, and Twitch will not be affected by the silence at all, and all of them except Ashe have the mobility to easily get out of the stun spot. So you pretty much just got rid of Soraka's E in laning phase against most Marksmen/ADC's.

The only other thing I have to complain about now is the New version of Astral Blessing. Yes; The lower cooldown is great, even with the range reduction. BUT, Soraka lost her passive that made Wish and Astral Blessing so helpful-- that targets with lower health get healed more. This gets rid of those clutch heal saves, as that tiny bit of health won't help if Kha'zix/Shaco/Rengar/Any Assassin jumps on you. This really gets rid of Soraka's effectiveness against.... ~78% of the champion pool. She has a really weak heal now (except her ult, but that's a really long cd), no mana restore, an easily avoidable by every ADC or mobile champion root, and no way to heal herself without enemy champions nearby.

That's another thing; this new rework will get rid of Soraka's entire lane sustain. Considering that Astral Blessing takes both health AND mana, she'll be using her health and mana to heal her teammates. Okay, now she needs to heal? Try hitting the enemy a few times with starcall. Oh look, Soraka's mana pool is now entirely gone and she can't do... anything but throw bananas.

I don't want to sound mean Riot, but you always say that you try to keep a champion close to their theme and adapt them to the current meta. This is entirely breaking Soraka's theme, and while it may adapt to the new meta, I honestly feel that you didn't really think this through too much, especially considering how you've been borrowing abilities from other champions for a while now, including Soraka's new Equinox. (Which was taken from Swain's Nevermove. Some other borrowed things lately are such as Gnar Taking Vayne's Silver Bolts and Sivir's Boomerang Blade, Xerath's ENTIRE new kit (Q is Varus's Arrow, W is Leona's Ult, E is shorter range Ashe ult), and Skarner's New Passive. (Which is just a slightly different version of Braum's))

I really wish that you would keep to Soraka's true theme, Riot. And I know that you probably won't read this, unfortunately, as you don't have time to browse every single comment on here. But truly, as a person who loves to play Soraka, please... if you're going to rework her, try to stay closer to her theme. Because Rooting, having a truly damaging Q, etc... is not Soraka. Soraka tells you how she should be when she's walking, "To Heal and Protect." To harm and to hurt is not Soraka. Soraka is the truly purest support there is right now, and you're reworking a lot of these supports to be Zyra/Annie copies who have CC and fair damage. I don't want that for Soraka, and I'm sure many others don't either. Please, please.... Try to think this through more before you release it. Please.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Sorry if this has been posted, but I saw it in the Soraka Update comments. Top rated comment right now. Curious if people here agree or not, as I've never played her:
The new Soraka is terrible but this is like the dumbest thing I've ever read.

zkylon

zkylewd
that's a super stupid post :p

soraka still has two spells that only heal people, a passive that promotes her helping ppl and two utility spells for u know, doing something other than being a walking fountain

if damage is soraka's new identity that's just a nerf coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom