• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sion what have they done to you? Where's the iconic elephant feet with eyes and angry face axe?

sioninanutshell1qkxw.png

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Man ranked can be so upsetting sometimes. My duo friend and I literally crush botlane. I'm talking zoned from creeps for a good 3 minutes 3 levels up, the whole deal. We take tower and try to go mid to help our struggling teammates and have a decent enough midgame (we take baron at exactly 15 minutes.)

Easy game right? No way they have any chance of coming back from such a huge deficit right?

Wrong.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1557276759/33201706

I finally understand what Rex was talking about when he said that almost every Plat player is a fool who think they are the only ones on their team who can carry and that their teams are worthless baggage. I haven't met such an uncooperative team in a very long time. Everyone just keeps running off to go farm sidelanes when a fed Tryn is running amok killing them in 4 hits. Instead of grouping and rotating on open objectives.

Ah well, at least my rewards are secure and I don't need to worry about this game for bit.

zkylon

zkylewd
Viktor still beaten by kayle and lux's lazers.

kayle has a laser?

huhh what are you even talking about now

Man ranked can be so upsetting sometimes. My duo friend and I literally crush botlane. I'm talking zoned from creeps for a good 3 minutes 3 levels up, the whole deal. We take tower and try to go mid to help our struggling teammates and have a decent enough midgame (we take baron at exactly 15 minutes.)

Easy game right? No way they have any chance of coming back from such a huge deficit right?

Wrong.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1557276759/33201706

I finally understand what Rex was talking about when he said that almost every Plat player is a fool who think they are the only ones on their team who can carry and that their teams are worthless baggage. I haven't met such an uncooperative team in a very long time. Everyone just keeps running off to go farm sidelanes when a fed Tryn is running amok killing them in 4 hits. Instead of grouping and rotating on open objectives.

Ah well, at least my rewards are secure and I don't need to worry about this game for bit.
yeah those games are depressing

that's why i try to preach against the whole "ranked gauges your ability to solo carry" idea, specially since i think it's super wrong

it's surprising how much of a crutch you are for your team if you're one of those ppl with that mentality

zkylon

zkylewd
i really wish rito had given me a single good mystery skin to reel me in some more

like so far i've gotten green ashe, green soraka and that anivia skin with an exhaust pipe up her ass which wouldn't be so bad if i didn't already have blackfrost

give me syndra or something, get me to spend some money, rito

inhibv.jpg

Inhibitor respawn timers. About time we got these
Sorry if this has been posted, but I saw it in the Soraka Update comments. Top rated comment right now. Curious if people here agree or not, as I've never played her:
There's always one or two special snowflakes that dislike reworks because they take away something meaningless. Soraka is and has always been a healer, but of course people will complain about losing the least interesting part of her kit.

Blizzard

Banned
I miss the mana donation as well, especially since she was the only champion that could do it.

Having to damage an enemy to heal yourself feels kind of counter-intuitive especially with the big delay it has as the particle flies to you.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Yeah, I dunno if I've ever seen a rework mess up a champion as much as Soraka. Not that she was amazing to begin with but she is just so low impact that it is almost painful to try and watch her contribute to games. It's clear that they tried to figure out a spell cycle that allows her to trade in lane in a manner that isn't supposed to be frustrating for either player, but once an actual fight breaks out she just seems lost. No pick potential, and no disengage either. Once an ally is caught there is little Soraka can do to save them now that her heal lacks any potency or armor. She's just...helpless, and it gets worse if she's the one that is targeted.

Blizzard

Banned
Once an ally is caught there is little Soraka can do to save them now that her heal lacks any potency or armor.
About this:

Soraka gains 70% movement speed when moving towards allied champions below 40% of their maximum health who are outside of Astral Infusion's range.

Wish has 50% increased heal on allied champions below 40% of their maximum health.

Max. Heal: 225 / 375 / 525 (+ 82.5% AP)

So if someone is below 40% health, you can run to them quickly to heal, in addition to doing a boosted healing amount with your ultimate. I think the goal of those features was to make it so that Soraka can get to and heal a low-HP champion.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
About this:

So if someone is below 40% health, you can run to them quickly to heal, in addition to doing a boosted healing amount with your ultimate. I think the goal of those features was to make it so that Soraka can get to and heal a low-HP champion.
Providing health can definitely be helpful, but when you're talking about saving people a huge factor in that is mitigating incoming damage and peeling targets. If you can't create separation between vulnerable carries and enemy champions they are still often in danger.

Just tried new Soraka in a bot game.

The range of her heal is pretty sad. Sure the extra movement speed is nice if you're speeding to save someone, but 2500 range isn't a lot and you have to get really close.

Had mana problems by spamming E and the occasional Q. In a real game I won't be as aggressive but since you need to hit Q every so often to self-heal you have to play smart (and kind of passive). The snare on E is okay but silence does nothing to an ADC that relies on AA and any mobile champ will avoid the snare.

The particles on Q are just weird.

You're basically forced to build Talisman for the health regen. Could also build Locket for more regen.

EDIT: Rugged Garen fml

zkylon

zkylewd
Sion had best have an interaction with Aatrox >:\
Best interaction with Aatrox is seeing one and dodging the game.
that's how i feel about sivir

feelings being hurt

About this:

i think the problem with this is that it doesn't matter how much you can heal if ppl get bursted down before you can heal them, specially when the one that's getting killed is her

i'd like to see how she does, maybe she won't be the most interesting champion but some ppl like that style and if it's not unfun for the ppl around her and it's not super op/up i'd say it's ok even if it's not stellar

I feel that they should at least just change the cost to curhp%. :/ It still solves the problem of her being a walking pot in lane and infinite sustain in teamfight standoffs.

Tizoc

Anyone ever considred building Blue Chalice on Swain? Or at least Red Chalice as a final defensive item?

LguF5Dz.png

New Garen, and that's with a totally legit, non-HP stacking build like 6 Warmogs.

Is that Jungle Garen, or did you build 1 weapon and the rest tanky items?

Bought a mystery skin.

Ragdoll Poppy.

I want to buy another one.

The 3 mystery skins I got were Sorceress Lux, Badger Teemo and Red Dress Miss Fortune.
I don't like them...

At least your not the person who got lollipoppy.

I want Lollipoppy =_=

clemenx

Banned
I did Black Cleaver + Tanky Garen today and can confirm he doesn't die after lvl 11.

Though I did get a Frozen Mallet for more regen lols as last item but the game was won at that point.

I feel that they should at least just change the cost to curhp%. :/ It still solves the problem of her being a walking pot in lane and infinite sustain in teamfight standoffs.
It doesn't though. Making it current health will just mean that Soraka can never run out of heals. The cost is supposed to make her be forced to back of she uses too much. It's the whole point of the rework.

drawkcaB

Yeah, I dunno if I've ever seen a rework mess up a champion as much as Soraka. Not that she was amazing to begin with but she is just so low impact that it is almost painful to try and watch her contribute to games. It's clear that they tried to figure out a spell cycle that allows her to trade in lane in a manner that isn't supposed to be frustrating for either player, but once an actual fight breaks out she just seems lost. No pick potential, and no disengage either. Once an ally is caught there is little Soraka can do to save them now that her heal lacks any potency or armor. She's just...helpless, and it gets worse if she's the one that is targeted.

This isn't any different than now...? No doubt those tools are really strong and always in the meta, the worst case for this rework is that people go back to not picking Soraka.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Chalice_of_Harmony_item.png

Blue Chalice

Athene%27s_Unholy_Grail_item.png

Red Chalice

Can't be arsed to remember their full name.
I actually had a friend to who thought that was a good idea. Its alright, mana from spells is non existent, ult doesnt really fare better, but the slot could always be used for more Ap.
Gotta get on that 600 ap club.

Tizoc

^I liked the idea of Spirit Visage as a final item since he'd have more health,a little extra, cooldown, high Magic Resist, and the passives improve his Ulti's healing.
...but them mana issues, sometimes I'd finish a battle against enemy champs with 1/4 health then in a 2nd engage I activate ulti, kill maybe 1 champ then I find out I'm out of mana and gotta back out lol.

I did Black Cleaver + Tanky Garen today and can confirm he doesn't die after lvl 11.

Though I did get a Frozen Mallet for more regen lols as last item but the game was won at that point.

I've not used Garen in a while and just got back into using him, so I'll consider putting more time into using him at Top. Were your tank items stuff like Randuin+MG Resist Item+warmog?

brian!

soraka's spells look nice gettin some carl sagan vibes
fuk if i play ranked rite now i might play with aphromoo but im sleepy....

"Sion charges an extremely long distance, only stopping once he hits an enemy champion, wall, or reaches the end of his charge. If he hits a wall, Sion stuns himself briefly and deals area of effect damage around him."

... I need to know if I can stop Sion's ult with Trundle's Pillar, what with the champion-made terrain changes from last patch.

drawkcaB

Well, last three Sona games for my marathon ended in loses. First two my ADC and I won lane well enough but the others fed. Last game I had with me the worst Miss Fortune I've seen in a long while. Completely clueless. Had to suffer through "my snowball champs suck, theirs are good" syndrome in all three matches. Sign. That's life I guess.

Ah well, support marathon is done. Onto other things now.

bokn

Banned
"Sion charges an extremely long distance, only stopping once he hits an enemy champion, wall, or reaches the end of his charge. If he hits a wall, Sion stuns himself briefly and deals area of effect damage around him."

... I need to know if I can stop Sion's ult with Trundle's Pillar, what with the champion-made terrain changes from last patch.
I hope not. He should bust though that shit like the juggernaut

@dimb: isn't soraka's silence field still instant? I'd imagine it'd be a pretty big adc lifesaver if you could predict the Assassin jumping in and give them a face full of silence

Jeff-DSA

Man, we threw so hard. I'm hate Hecarim on my team. He forces so many bad engages and then it's chaos. I hate losing games when you're so far ahead because of late game throws. It's maddening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom