• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't though. Making it current health will just mean that Soraka can never run out of heals. The cost is supposed to make her be forced to back of she uses too much. It's the whole point of the rework.

But it does. Spamming it in lane means she still ends up with lower health if ganks or trades happen, making her vulnerable to deaths which forces her to back.

They can still just put a minimum max hp% threshold for it to be castable, just like what it is right now.

Sofo

Is it me or having Udyr jungle means basically getting no ganks whatsoever? D; I have yet to find an Udyr, pre-30 and now 30 that actually ganks?

Maybe it's just the people I've played with but c'mon. ._.

Pd. I can't sit through 5 minutes of Kaceytron, I just can't, wow.

I just tried a Vel'Koz build that used a Morricelum (spelling butchered...) instead of a Chalice of Harmony/Grail. It did not go well. I want to down vote that stupid build to deletion.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
@dimb: isn't soraka's silence field still instant? I'd imagine it'd be a pretty big adc lifesaver if you could predict the Assassin jumping in and give them a face full of silence
The silence takes effect instantly but its potency versus champions varies wildly. I put some team builder games in on her but they're team builder, so it's not really a good measuring stick.
imzBWQe.jpg

The W heal is easily the worst part of her kit by a long shot. So terrible. It's basically a negative health drain on your team that also costs mana.
morello is fine if you don't need the mr.
It's not really about the MR. Morello is better for an early offensive build where you're looking to stamp out health regen or lifesteal. Chalice MR is whatever, but the passive lets you spam spells.

Jeff-DSA

Ok, so I'm as awkward as can be, but I think Zyra is way fun to play. I'll need a few more matches on her before I can handle her well enough for ranked, but she's pretty cool. It didn't help that I was lagging fairly hard that match.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
which is why it's sorta lame.

like, the dribbling animation is pretty cool but that's about it.

edit: soda do you always always build talisman? i had been going frostfang just because I liked having the passive on her q
I think you can go Frostfang on Soraka but I'm just not really into it. Or maybe I'd have to play more games to really know. The active would be better on her, but Soraka is so mana intensive and fragile in lane that I feel like Medallion/Coin just serves her better. Soraka has good base damage so investing into ability power is just unappealing to me. She has decent scaling though, so I can see scenarios where that pays off.

Soraka is super squishy if you aren't going tank on her, and without good instant lock down or mobility I think she's best served by tank stat stick builds.

Rosenskjold

I finally understand what Rex was talking about when he said that almost every Plat player is a fool who think they are the only ones on their team who can carry and that their teams are worthless baggage. I haven't met such an uncooperative team in a very long time. Everyone just keeps running off to go farm sidelanes when a fed Tryn is running amok killing them in 4 hits. Instead of grouping and rotating on open objectives.

Ah well, at least my rewards are secure and I don't need to worry about this game for bit.

Come to gold for even more fun :p My concept of carrying has become repeating these two sentences:
"Stop flaming each other and work together instead"
"Group and focus on objectives"

Fracas

#fuckonami
^I liked the idea of Spirit Visage as a final item since he'd have more health,a little extra, cooldown, high Magic Resist, and the passives improve his Ulti's healing.
...but them mana issues, sometimes I'd finish a battle against enemy champs with 1/4 health then in a 2nd engage I activate ulti, kill maybe 1 champ then I find out I'm out of mana and gotta back out lol.

It's definitely a viable item on him, though not quite as important.

If you've got blue buff (which surely your jungler will give up as Swain becomes a total monster with blue), its regen is more than enough. The extra magic resist is solid but depending on the other team, spirit visage offers better tankiness.

Tizoc

Sooo wanna try new Sion, he'll be in PBE for a while before being officially released right? Time to update PBE again :V

EDIT: Oh snap it occurs to me that Sion's ult can be great for flanking FROM BEHIND!
Like Sion'll be gone then suddenly he's charging at you from the back, as the enemy champs scatter it'll help in focusing on a specific target.

Rosenskjold

And here we go again. First ranked of the day, 20 minus LP because our mid zed goes afk.

This ranked system is so broken, it should look at much more than just W/L -__-

Bob White

And here we go again. First ranked of the day, 20 minus LP because our mid zed goes afk.

"This ranked system is so broken, it should look at much more than just W/L -__-

"There should be an objective voting system much like how anyone can suggest a surrender. Lets say top lane gets three man ganked. He quickly suggests dragon and the rest of the team agrees and makes it a global team mission. If the team completes dragon then everyone gets 1 LP.

Because there seems to be no other fucking way to funnel players to where they should be other than good teamwork. Which motherfuckers just do not have in solos."

Post I made a few pages back. Seriously, something needs to be done. I wouldn't even mind losing the 17-20 points if I knew I had a max of 5 points that I could earn through good team play. It would just feel better than hearing "sry guys, I'm lagging" then proceeding to get stomped while people rage at each other.

Rosenskjold

"There should be an objective voting system much like how anyone can suggest a surrender. Lets say top lane gets three man ganked. He quickly suggests dragon and the rest of the team agrees and makes it a global team mission. If the team completes dragon then everyone gets 1 LP.

Because there seems to be no other fucking way to funnel players to where they should be other than good teamwork. Which motherfuckers just do not have in solos."

Post I made a few pages back. Seriously, something needs to be done. I wouldn't even mind losing the 17-20 points if I knew I had a max of 5 points that I could earn through good team play. It would just feel better than hearing "sry guys, I'm lagging" then proceeding to get stomped while people rage at each other.

Well I agree, it ruins the game for me to play well in a game, and over and over get afk teammates or just someone who brings the game down for everyone else with impossibly bad play :/ I honestly don't get how people can enjoy solo ranked, but I am trying my hardest, so far just -___-

edit: I miss sc2 ladder, at least you lost because of your own mistakes :/

Bacon

Yay! I got selected to play on the PBE for the first time.

It says you've been selected for this cycle. Does that mean that I may be blocked access to the PBE in the future?

Rosenskjold

[Meltdown] That's it, I'm done with this game save for derp normals. Entire community is just flooded with people who flame each other, go afk if they see someone make a mistake, belittle other players. The entire community, at least where I'm trapped, is just full of resentful, disrespectful people who write offensive things as soon as something goes wrong. Win or lose, it's just the same over and over, either you get lucky and get a team who play together and maybe avoid flame, and the other team likely has a chat full of flaming, or you're on the team full of flaming and another game is reduced to people having fights over the chat. Win or lose, the majority of the experience is people at their worst against each other, and even though the game is great fun, I've had it game after game only to again have people flame and belittle others. Fun game, horrible community, hf guys [/meltdown]

bokn

Banned
[Meltdown] That's it, I'm done with this game save for derp normals. Entire community is just flooded with people who flame each other, go afk if they see someone make a mistake, belittle other players. The entire community, at least where I'm trapped, is just full of resentful, disrespectful people who write offensive things as soon as something goes wrong. Win or lose, it's just the same over and over, either you get lucky and get a team who play together and maybe avoid flame, and the other team likely has a chat full of flaming, or you're on the team full of flaming and another game is reduced to people having fights over the chat. Win or lose, the majority of the experience is people at their worst against each other, and even though the game is great fun, I've had it game after game only to again have people flame and belittle others. Fun game, horrible community, hf guys [/meltdown]

You're playing ranked right? How long have you been level 30?

I find that if you're too focused on winning, ranked will really suck for you - especially if you're still trying to improve.

If thats the case i recommend that you play normals until your normal MMR puts you against gold/silver players. Then you might be able to avoid idiots in bronze V. That way you can focus less on the number and more on slow improvement

Or you can play really selfish low elo stompers like TP jungle yi

Bacon

Mute all is you're friend. Don't even give anyone the benefit of the doubt and do it at the beginning if you want to.

Almost nothing that someone says in the chat is of importance or something that can't communicated with a ping.

Rosenskjold

You're playing ranked right? How long have you been level 30?

I find that if you're too focused on winning, ranked will really suck for you - especially if you're still trying to improve.

If thats the case i recommend that you play normals until your normal MMR puts you against gold/silver players. Then you might be able to avoid idiots in bronze V. That way you can focus less on the number and more on slow improvement

Or you can play really selfish low elo stompers like TP jungle yi

I'm in silver 1, been playing a lot of duo from bronze 4 to silver 1 now. And honestly, I just don't find it that funny. My duo partner also said, just mute people, but the game relies so much on teamplay, that I just think it's a bit annoying to lose that. Also, having now calmed down a bit. I just ask myself, how often don't I leave a round of this game frustrated with people bickering and flaming each other while I continuously just encourage them to shut up and play :p
I think I just asked myself, how often do I enjoy it, and how often is it just a frustrating experience, and it's way too often the latter. Maybe I just don't have that competitive drive or whatever, in either case, I'm just done with this game, I'm gonna have fun in games with my friends PvE style for some time I think. Fun adventures and stuff, not "wow this adc is so bad" or "get cancer faggots ***"!!"

Just not worth my time man :p is it worth yours?

Newt

I'm in silver 1, been playing a lot of duo from bronze 4 to silver 1 now. And honestly, I just don't find it that funny. My duo partner also said, just mute people, but the game relies so much on teamplay, that I just think it's a bit annoying to lose that. Also, having now calmed down a bit. I just ask myself, how often don't I leave a round of this game frustrated with people bickering and flaming each other while I continuously just encourage them to shut up and play :p
I think I just asked myself, how often do I enjoy it, and how often is it just a frustrating experience, and it's way too often the latter. Maybe I just don't have that competitive drive or whatever, in either case, I'm just done with this game, I'm gonna have fun in games with my friends PvE style for some time I think. Fun adventures and stuff, not "wow this adc is so bad" or "get cancer faggots ***"!!"

Silver has such a massive player pool so you can't really generalize everyone to be toxic.

Rosenskjold

Silver has such a massive player pool so you can't really generalize everyone to be toxic.

Very true, but in my experience, it's just almost every game one person on my team at least is being offensive to other people in chat.

edit: Sorry I'm just flooding the thread with my bad experience, I'll just leave. Have fun out there guys :)

Sofo

I tried WW and I didn't quite get it. It's basically spam Q and gank when your ultimate is up? I have to be missing something.

I bought him when I was leveling, to play jungle but haven't touched it since. ._.

Einbroch

Banned
I tried WW and I didn't quite get it. It's basically spam Q and gank when your ultimate is up? I have to be missing something.

I bought him when I was leveling, to play jungle but haven't touched it since. ._.

Nope, you get it. Thaaaaaaaat's Warwick!

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

Thats exactly what he does. Plus being able to shutdown the adc with his ult, being a self sustaining tank, and splitpushing like jax.

zkylon

zkylewd

maybe try normals?

like if you're getting upset about ranked you really shouldn't be putting yourself thru that pressure, shitty morg skin is not worth it

still ragers in normals but maybe you'll be more relaxed

Bacon

Riot has really improved in their animation work with recent champion releases. I especially like how when you get homeguards on more recent champs, the movement animation changes instead of just making it look like the champ is in fast forward i.e. Thresh floating, longer strides, etc.

Neol

Definitely. Really loved the small detail of Braum staggering when he's slowed. Hopefully the older champs will get love one day.

Blizzard

Banned
Providing health can definitely be helpful, but when you're talking about saving people a huge factor in that is mitigating incoming damage and peeling targets. If you can't create separation between vulnerable carries and enemy champions they are still often in danger.
Mitigating incoming damage, sure, no armor.

However, Soraka had hardly any peel before (only a single-target silence). Now she has a AOE silence + snare zoning tool. That seems like more peel, if anything, since people have to walk out of the silence instead of flashing or using an ability to get out.

*edit* Note that I'm not saying she's awesome, and not saying there aren't problem, just saying the peel seems better now since you mentioned that specifically.

Not sure if anyone else ever mentioned this kind of solution, but I think ranked games should allow you to pick what role you want to play before matchmaking. It's not like Team Builder where you pick the role *and* champion, but just the role. This way, you still have banning phases and back and forth champion selects. Last night, I played a ranked game and was pretty much forced to play ADC. I suck at laning (which is why I always jungle or support) and the entire time I was asking myself "Why am I the ADC?" It just doesn't make any sense. I know that "you should know how to play every role" etc, but why? If someone is a jungle main, why can't they only jungle in ranked? People's overall attitude would be better because if they encounter an AFKer or something, they know that they have a good chance of negating the upcoming loss because they can que right back up as their main role. Not to mention that if everyone got to play their main roles, there would be less arguing.

TL;DR- RITO, LET US PICK OUR PREFERRED ROLES IN RANKED!

Newt

Not sure if anyone else ever mentioned this kind of solution, but I think ranked games should allow you to pick what role you want to play before matchmaking. It's not like Team Builder where you pick the role *and* champion, but just the role. This way, you still have banning phases and back and forth champion selects. Last night, I played a ranked game and was pretty much forced to play ADC. I suck at laning (which is why I always jungle or support) and the entire time I was asking myself "Why am I the ADC?" It just doesn't make any sense. I know that "you should know how to play every role" etc, but why? If someone is a jungle main, why can't they only jungle in ranked? People's overall attitude would be better because if they encounter an AFKer or something, they know that they have a good chance of negating the upcoming loss because they can que right back up as their main role. Not to mention that if everyone got to play their main roles, there would be less arguing.

As much as I would like to play ADC every game, the current system makes things more interesting.

Bacon

I would be so happy if this were the case.

It's already confirmed that Riot is working on a way to apply a system similar to team builder in ranked

Team builder per se wouldn't work because of draft, but some sort of role tagging could be neat.

Bacon

If you could even just set your preferences and make them visible to teammates in the draft I think that would improve the system and lessen frustrations.

Ocho

I hate how three stomp losses in a row can affect my morale, even after a good nights sleep. THIS GAME IS REAL LIFE BOYZZZ.

Oh sweet jesus, ridiculously close match that lasted an hour.

Bad calls cost us the match. We had the inhib advantage for such a long time. One frustrating moment was when we won a teamfight and they only had Veigar and Lucian left. Enemy mid inhib exposed while our minions were knocking on their bot inhib tower. Entire team went to chase them, manage to kill Veigar after a long time but their Lucian got back and wiped the bot minions from the turret. That seriously could've been inhib #2 gah. I desperately tried breaking mid inhib on my own but I'm Morg.

pigeon

Banned
Huh, lol. I was honestly hoping you guys would add more depth to him. ;o

WW's most important ability is actually probably his W, which is a 40% attack speed steroid for your entire team and an 80% one for WW alone (that's close to Trist's steroid) for ten whole seconds. This is an incredibly powerful ability for teamfighting and taking out towers, since the ADC, at least, is always an autoattacker.

UInfortunately it's also his least visible ability. But yeah, WW's teamfight contribution is to hit W before you ult somebody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom