• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if anyone else ever mentioned this kind of solution, but I think ranked games should allow you to pick what role you want to play before matchmaking. It's not like Team Builder where you pick the role *and* champion, but just the role. This way, you still have banning phases and back and forth champion selects. Last night, I played a ranked game and was pretty much forced to play ADC. I suck at laning (which is why I always jungle or support) and the entire time I was asking myself "Why am I the ADC?" It just doesn't make any sense. I know that "you should know how to play every role" etc, but why? If someone is a jungle main, why can't they only jungle in ranked? People's overall attitude would be better because if they encounter an AFKer or something, they know that they have a good chance of negating the upcoming loss because they can que right back up as their main role. Not to mention that if everyone got to play their main roles, there would be less arguing.

TL;DR- RITO, LET US PICK OUR PREFERRED ROLES IN RANKED!
i dont really think its that hard to just respect pick order and pick based on that.

Jeff-DSA

Not sure if anyone else ever mentioned this kind of solution, but I think ranked games should allow you to pick what role you want to play before matchmaking. It's not like Team Builder where you pick the role *and* champion, but just the role. This way, you still have banning phases and back and forth champion selects. Last night, I played a ranked game and was pretty much forced to play ADC. I suck at laning (which is why I always jungle or support) and the entire time I was asking myself "Why am I the ADC?" It just doesn't make any sense. I know that "you should know how to play every role" etc, but why? If someone is a jungle main, why can't they only jungle in ranked? People's overall attitude would be better because if they encounter an AFKer or something, they know that they have a good chance of negating the upcoming loss because they can que right back up as their main role. Not to mention that if everyone got to play their main roles, there would be less arguing.

TL;DR- RITO, LET US PICK OUR PREFERRED ROLES IN RANKED!

This could cut down on toxicity..but it could also greatly increase it. Think about this. If you called jungle and got into the match and got totally wrecked by the enemy jungler, everybody is going be pissed that you filled that role and sucked.

Otherwise, I feel like you should probably have a good grasp on more than one role if you are going to climb up and out of lower tiers. If you want to be a top player, you should truly be good at the game, not just a small slice of it.

WW's most important ability is actually probably his W, which is a 40% attack speed steroid for your entire team and an 80% one for WW alone (that's close to Trist's steroid) for ten whole seconds. This is an incredibly powerful ability for teamfighting and taking out towers, since the ADC, at least, is always an autoattacker.

UInfortunately it's also his least visible ability. But yeah, WW's teamfight contribution is to hit W before you ult somebody.

Before I knew other champion abilities outside of the ones I played, I was surprised when I was playing Fiora top and WW came in to gank. His W made me start slapping that sword around like crazy and I couldn't believe how incredibly powerful that effect was. Yeah, I think that WW can be pretty awesome when you draw him as your jungler if they're competent.

drawkcaB

I hate how three stomp losses in a row can affect my morale, even after a good nights sleep. THIS GAME IS REAL LIFE BOYZZZ.

Three loses period when you played well enough to win is harsh enough as well, particularly when there's a chance that's all I'll get to play this week =(

Leezard

That's what I did in the post you quoted. Respecting others, I picked the last available role, but the role is something I'm bad at. I shouldn't have to play a role I'm bad at in ranked games.

Yeah, that can happen. You can minimize it by saying that you prefer one or two roles, but that you are really bad at some other role.

zkylon

zkylewd
This could cut down on toxicity..but it could also greatly increase it. Think about this. If you called jungle and got into the match and got totally wrecked by the enemy jungler, everybody is going be pissed that you filled that role and sucked.
how would that be any different

Otherwise, I feel like you should probably have a good grasp on more than one role if you are going to climb up and out of lower tiers. If you want to be a top player, you should truly be good at the game, not just a small slice of it.
i don't see why it's important to play more than one role

Now I got Kitty Kat Katarina. I have 2 skins for her and I've only played her once -_-
i bought that skin and nurse akali and i regret them both

shitty champions and pervy skins

that's not me

Einbroch

Banned
You tell me.
wink.gif

Jeff-DSA

how would that be any different

It would be different because if that's the only role you play and you suck, it's going to increase the "don't play ranked ever, you ******* suck!" flaming and crap far more than a pick order selection will. Like, you come into the match with your role picked, no discussion. At least the team might understand if it's your second or third role choice and that's made known during draft.

shitty champions and pervy skins

that's not me

Oh, behave.

OBlc7KE.png

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah she does have copious amounts of class. She's absolutely overflowing with elegance. Bursting from the seams, even.
oh it's a ahri has big breasts thing

are u a doto spy

It would be different because if that's the only role you play and you suck, it's going to increase the "don't play ranked ever, you ******* suck!" flaming and crap far more than a pick order selection will. Like, you come into the match with your role picked, no discussion. At least the team might understand if it's your second or third role choice and that's made known during draft.
teams already give you a shit ton of flak if you suck no matter if you were first, last pick, forced to trade, counterpicked, camped, whatever. i don't think toxic ppl are holding stuff back right now to like "ok it's not that bad, the poor guy was forced into jungle".

i mean happened to me, got forced to jungle cos my the other last pick guy was stupid and couldn't wait until last moment to say SORRY I CANT JUNGLE. i sucked. still got told to get aids.

people just can't get much worse

also most of the team builder games i've played had noticeably less blaming even when we lost.

Oh, behave.

OBlc7KE.png
yea same as nurse akali i bought em cos of the splash

too bad they're shit ingame :/

bokn

Banned
o brain!

shud u play archeage?

now that ive played a bit more the answer is mebe

questing is 50% kill stuff and 50% a tutorial for all the game mechanics (like farming, poultry, trees, raising mounts, dressing mounts, dressing urself, boats, trade routes, fishing etc - all the vocations r pobably covered (there r 30 vocations?))

all the crazzy vocation stuff seems to happen late game tho
nowadays all i do is wander aimlessly on the map n steal ppls tree farms n quests

zkylon

zkylewd
i liked this one too

2014-03-07-talesofvaloran037.png

see newt i can understand some jokes

Ahri is a turboslut

Like she literally fucks people to death
well not such a bad way to go tbh

o brain!

shud u play archeage?

now that ive played a bit more the answer is mebe

questing is 50% kill stuff and 50% a tutorial for all the game mechanics (like farming, poultry, trees, raising mounts, dressing mounts, dressing urself, boats, trade routes, fishing etc - all the vocations r pobably covered (there r 30 vocations?))

all the crazzy vocation stuff seems to happen late game tho
nowadays all i do is wander aimlessly on the map n steal ppls tree farms n quests
u still haven't told me which server u play on -_-

bokn

Banned
i liked this one too

2014-03-07-talesofvaloran037.png

see newt i can understand some jokes

well not such a bad way to go tbh

u still haven't told me which server u play on -_-

kyrios or w/e but it has massive queues during merica time

i might make another char on the smaller servers
luia or w/e

Burt

Now that Janna's back I'm expecting all of you to get on the Galio support hype train soon, because he's basically just reverse-HAM-Janna.

...which logically would mean that he's no good at support, but I like the way that it sounds.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Mitigating incoming damage, sure, no armor.

However, Soraka had hardly any peel before (only a single-target silence). Now she has a AOE silence + snare zoning tool. That seems like more peel, if anything, since people have to walk out of the silence instead of flashing or using an ability to get out.

*edit* Note that I'm not saying she's awesome, and not saying there aren't problem, just saying the peel seems better now since you mentioned that specifically.
The problem is that nothing in Soraka's kit is reliable, which is why Equinox shines as a zoning tool under enemy turrets and only works defensively when your team can stand on it, i.e. when it's already often too late. Stopping someone like J4 coming in is nearly impossible on new Soraka, but at least the old one could target him from a distance with a guaranteed 2.5 second silence that could prevent abilities for a short time.

Old Soraka had less traditional peel, but her kit was set up to at least work consistently, and the old spammable Starcall posed a greater threat on champions that were in your face. The armor and HP boost of her heal extended fights and Starcall shredded people hard during those fights. New Starcall is a great tool for harass but it doesn't deter people from coming in on you or the carry.

Old Viktor was already a goddamn pain to lane against melee.

If you're not Yasuo or Fizz, don't pick melee against the guy. He'll make Ori look fair

always fun to be a 9/2 Lucian and lose the game because your team (featuring J4, Shen, Alistar) can't peel for you against a Yi.

Ok.

I didn't get one shen ult the entire game and Alistar couldn't even exhaust the Yi.

Solo q is fucking dumb.

Ferrio

Banned
I feel like trying ArcheAge out

My timezone probably means i don't have to deal with queues

Plus the non-human girls look cute

The cat people are ugly as sin. Probably what real cat girls would look like...no thanks!

Also they really neuter you if you don't have patron status, so you really have to pony up 15 a month if you want the most outta it. I suppose if all you want to do is just quest/kill shit then that's no issue... but if you want to craft or build a house etc... it'd be a pain on F2P.

Einbroch

Banned
Nah, you can totally make a cute cat girl in ArcheAge. The only issue is it's the face everyone chooses and the hair choices limit you to like 2.

zkylon

zkylewd
The cat people are ugly as sin. Probably what real cat girls would look like...no thanks!

Also they really neuter you if you don't have patron status, so you really have to pony up 15 a month if you want the most outta it. I suppose if all you want to do is just quest/kill shit then that's no issue... but if you want to craft or build a house etc... it'd be a pain on F2P.
thats bums me out, no way i'm doing 15 a month.

Ferrio

Banned
thats bums me out, no way i'm doing 15 a month.

Well like I said it mostly affects crafting and all that stuff. Shouldn't really see it affect your questing or leveling at all.

You can earn in game gold and buy patron status with it (ala eve online) but the price is rising pretty rapidly on it right now..and I'm not sure how a non patron would even afford it.

CruxisKnight: report me? you've been toxic
CruxisKnight: all game
CruxisKnight: to the entire team
Ghost on Bnet: man my team was so toxic lol.
zZxShAdoWxZz: report trist for falming
zZxShAdoWxZz: like crazy
zZxShAdoWxZz: flaming
TheLordOfWinter: reported
TheLordOfWinter: all of you
Ghost on Bnet: did they already implement the ranked ban for losers that can't stop talking?
CruxisKnight: yes
TheLordOfWinter: reported
CruxisKnight: and they take away rewards
TheLordOfWinter: cool
TheLordOfWinter: tell me more
zZxShAdoWxZz: so 4 reports agaisnt 1 hmmm who wins lol
CruxisKnight: ummm
TheLordOfWinter: vecause i care so much
TheLordOfWinter: yasuo didnt report me
TheLordOfWinter: so smd
CruxisKnight: you also get chat restriction
TheLordOfWinter: i know