• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
BUaP18K.jpg
best bot name ever.

zkylon

zkylewd
Well like I said it mostly affects crafting and all that stuff. Shouldn't really see it affect your questing or leveling at all.

You can earn in game gold and buy patron status with it (ala eve online) but the price is rising pretty rapidly on it right now..and I'm not sure how a non patron would even afford it.

nothing of this sounds too good

why did i let boko convince me to download this

BUaP18K.jpg
best bot name ever.
kog has been showing on my client as the first champion as "**Kog'Maw" for some reason

i think someone messed up a localization thingie somewhere :p

garath

Has new Sion been patched in yet? Or are we still looking at PBE. I know it seems like a silly question but I haven't even loaded up the client or watched any streams besides Worlds in like 2 weeks.

Einbroch

Banned
Has new Sion been patched in yet? Or are we still looking at PBE. I know it seems like a silly question but I haven't even loaded up the client or watched any streams besides Worlds in like 2 weeks.

PBE, and his sounds aren't in yet so he won't be live for a while.

Been reading up on Karma mid/top. Does she follow the typical AP mage build (Athene's Deathcap Void etc.) or can she be built tanky (SV or IBG top)?

Nev

Banned
Been reading up on Karma mid/top. Does she follow the typical AP mage build (Athene's Deathcap Void etc.) or can she be built tanky (SV or IBG top)?

You can build RoA, Rylai, SV and such tanky items (in fact I'd recommend that for top), but CDR cap is a must, so Athene is still pretty much core.

Athenes/Morellonomicon first item
Sorc Shoes
Deathcap
Void Staff

those are your core items. the rest is situational.

No. That's the core for the typical AP mage build, but that's not what you want in top or even mid. Tanky is much better in high level of play than pure AP.

I actually bought that and frozen during sugar rush.

Then I got surgeon and blood moon today.

I now have 4 skins for a champion that I never play.

same

and yea fair enough though that's pretty annoying
i got a ryze skin from the mystery thing
and while i play him here and there...I already have a skin for him that i'm more than content with

although then again i got headhunter nidalee last mystery sale which was relatively new at the time but i don't even play her lol

Jeff-DSA

I played against the new Talon last night. He's bad. I guess he forgot about the lack of silence, and he did a tower dive and I stunned him under the tower. Dead.

He's just not the same threat anymore. You don't have to worry about him jumping in and leaving you without a reaction window.

zkylon

zkylewd
I played against the new Talon last night. He's bad. I guess he forgot about the lack of silence, and he did a tower dive and I stunned him under the tower. Dead.

He's just not the same threat anymore. You don't have to worry about him jumping in and leaving you without a reaction window.

great

drawkcaB

You can build RoA, Rylai, SV and such tanky items (in fact I'd recommend that for top), but CDR cap is a must, so Athene is still pretty much core.

I have an interest in playing Karma top as well. Would you say that Athene's is core as in you should buy this as soon as possible, or core as in it's required as a 2nd or 3rd option. vs. mostly AD champions am I better going RoA into maybe Morello's, or is still RoA into Athene's?

Jeff-DSA said:

Not sure I'd gauge the changes to Talon based on that player - he did lots of questionable shit like rushing Mercurial Scimitar and Randuins before completing any big ticket offensive items.

zkylon

zkylewd
i only tried mid karma once and got shit on pretty hard

mostly outplayed but it was depressing

so i never tried her again lol

DeadNames

Banned
I don't get Riot. They say Skarner/Olaf's permaslow was toxic, but somehow Ziggs/Ori/Xerath poking people down from like 700 range isn't?

:/

Karma mid is like a mix between pre-rework AP Nidalee and AP Lulu. You're a bit vulnerable to shoving, but other than that it's awesome.
I don't get Riot. They say Skarner/Olaf's permaslow was toxic, but somehow Ziggs/Ori/Xerath poking people down from like 700 range isn't?

It's almost like they're 2 completely different situations!

Nev

Banned
I have an interest in playing Karma top as well. Would you say that Athene's is core as in you should buy this as soon as possible, or core as in it's required as a 2nd or 3rd option. vs. mostly AD champions am I better going RoA into maybe Morello's, or is still RoA into Athene's?
You can get a chalice for near infinite lane sustain, get a RoA and then finish Athene. Or you can rush RoA then Athene, but I don't like that. If you do it, I'd recommend running CD runes. I have never taken Morello over Athene as Karma.

drawkcaB

Not remotely the same thing. Getting hit by a permaslow ability guarantees the next one will hit as well (hence, permaslow). Getting hit by a Ziggs bomb has no influence on the next Ziggs bomb hitting.

Nev said:
I have never taken Morello over Athene as Karma.

Does that have more to do with having chalice anyways so Athene's is the obvious final build? I'm just wondering because when I support with Karma I don't find she's particularly mana intensive in that role (though that doesn't necessarily translate to top or even mid, obviously). If I were to start with CDR blues and get RoA as my first major buy, does she still need Athene's mana regen, because Morello's +20AP -700g(I think) and wounds passive seems pretty attractive.

DeadNames

Banned
It's just really frustrating playing a melee with no gapcloser

If you finally get to the ADC they either just dash/blink away or supports just peel you off so easily.

Jeff-DSA

Play Ziggs and see how easy he is. You'll be back here talking about mana issues, that it's dumb that bombs bounce OVER players since it's already easy to juke sideways, and that his ult no longer does enough damage for the length of its cooldown.

Ziggs is in a good place. He's very vulnerable and he takes a lot more skill to land his shots than you think.

DeadNames

Banned
Play Ziggs and see how easy he is. You'll be back here talking about mana issues, that it's dumb that bombs bounce OVER players since it's already easy to juke sideways, and that his ult no longer does enough damage for the length of its cooldown.

Ziggs is in a good place. He's very vulnerable and he takes a lot more skill to land his shots than you think.

Well ya, I abused Ziggs for a while.

Now I'd say he's in a good spot. Still doesn't change the fact he could singlehandedly stall a game for like 5 minutes.

zkylon

zkylewd
i agree that both xerath and ziggs are boring and uninteractive and overall pretty lame champions

poke in general is pretty lame

zero words on the other champion you seem to have grouped with those two by mistake

Jeff-DSA

Ziggs can't escape though. Even with his satchel, it only buys him a little time. He's so dang slow that you can catch him if you have any sort of gap closer, ranged attack, or CC. He's so squishy. Just get in his face.

Nekofrog

Banned
Tldr people want the game to be played in a binary way that suits their own play style instead of learning the actual game and how to play against it

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Ziggs can't escape though. Even with his satchel, it only buys him a little time. He's so dang slow that you can catch him if you have any sort of gap closer, ranged attack, or CC. He's so squishy. Just get in his face.

Zigg had so many long range farming tool that he hardly had to over extend. Satchel is great escape, and it also knock the jungler away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom