• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had first pick but someone called support so I let them have it. Trynd and Xin played out of position. Honestly it worked out better than I thought.

http://i.imgur.com/2s3E61L.png

I didn't play that well (picked Karma for versatility top/mid) but thankfully our Kog carried (got a penta before we got their nexus).

nbraun80

Yo this Gangplank buff to his ulti is neat

75 dmg for 7 seconds? that's near 500 damage if they were too stupid to remain in there lol.

Thresh Ult+GP ult could lead to some funny Kill steals.

I still like to play critplank top from time to time in normal, especially vs nasus and this is a very welcome buff. Always sucks when you ult someone with very low health and they take no damage because RNG.

drawkcaB

Did a mystery skin. Snowbound sivir. Guess I need to play sivir now. Its a sign.

A sign to stop buying mystery skins, yeah.

Ghost said:
Bot has 2 people so twice the chance of going full retard.

That's honestly it, along with dragon. Having played another support marathon I've come to the realization that picking junglers who have the ability to gank the duo lane is huge.

23qwerty

A sign to stop buying mystery skins, yeah.

That's honestly it, along with dragon. Having played another support marathon I've come to the realization that picking junglers who have the ability to gank the duo lane is huge.

hecarim's ult is just so good for ganking bot >:D

Tizoc

I still like to play critplank top from time to time in normal, especially vs nasus and this is a very welcome buff. Always sucks when you ult someone with very low health and they take no damage because RNG.

I know right!
Man against Nasus, I feel more confident against him if I'm using Fiora or Quinn, any other champ I'd just poke him when he got close or at my turret.

Kenai

hmm

rito seems to be pretty confident that new soraka can be buffed/nerfed easily

i guess she'll be ok

her new kit is super weird

I think she'd be a lot better if they weren't balancing her based on her old kit when she has a new one.

As an example, I get that they don' want her being super passive/tanky and only standing in the back healing, but then they made -10% health flat chunk AND made her have to basically be standing nearby the person she's healing. When she's as vulnerable to dives as any squishy support type, i find that weird too. She is a RANGED character with no escape or natural defense something like that should almost always be an absolute nono and this is no exception.

It's been said, but her laning phase is also absolutely garbage, and while Riot said she has a really strong mid game I'm not seeing it. I mean, yea her midgame isn't bad per se, but i don't find it anything special either. It's the kind of kit that can combine with others for some solid CC chains, but it's nothing another CC oriented champ like Zyra/Nami/Leona/Thresh couldn't do, and their laning phases are far less terrible.

If I were to fix her, I'd say make the sweet spot slow actually slow for a lot (because it's realllllllly hard to land) and make her passive just give her straight up movement speed near injured champions (dashing around healing people on a short CD makes more sense that way, and she's still be a target but not a total sitting duck) *OR* just make her heal range longer at higher levels or baseline. Doesn't have to be long, but make it more than like...one character length of range.

pigeon

Banned
I enjoyed playing new Raka quite a bit and she is a pretty massive healer. I won several teamfights just by keeping my idiot divers alive.

10% max health cost on a spell that gets down below 2 second cooldown is probably too high. I was the only Soraka I saw tonight with health in her bar.

Range on the heal doesn't bother me and I think she has a great teamfight kit overall, just that cost is a little too high. Think she is balanced a little too carefully against what she could do with a big pile of gold in a 5v5 fight. In lane it won't be like that. Maybe cost and AP ratio should scale up with ability level or something.

Watching health bars made me miss WoW days. Need a UI mod to put them all together in a central location, people kept dying because they'd jump off my screen and I'd lose them.

Einbroch

Banned
Akali is simply too hard to play. I can't handle the keyboard mashing.

Lose lane 0/2 and down 40 creep, say fuck it and abandon lane and just roam. Pick up three kills, become monster.

<3 Akali.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Nami is more of a sustain lane than a poke lane. She ranks behind Janna in average damage dealt.

zkylon

zkylewd
well he said "pokey"

'real' poke supports don't really exist anymore imo

zyra is closer to annie than sona or lulu, it's a kill lane.

maybe velkoz or karma but they're weird. i haven't seen a lulu do well in ages. sona i'd also say is a sustain support if we're getting "technical"

nami's the best

pick nami

Nev

Banned
Akali is simply too hard to play. I can't handle the keyboard mashing.

Lose lane 0/2 and down 40 creep, say fuck it and abandon lane and just roam. Pick up three kills, become monster.

<3 Akali.

Can be applied to Irelia, Tristana, Fizz, Kassadin, Ryze, Yasuo... The kind of cancerigenous shit that shouldn't exist in this game.

Burt

I only play Leona support and am looking for a pokey pokey support to play. Any suggestions?

GALIOOOO

No one pokes harder. He's made of stone.

rdrr

Seriously though, his maxed Q does 300 base damage and has an exceptional shield that gives him great sustain, and you can rank them both up quicker than pretty much any other support's skills because you really don't have to put any points in your E until 7-8.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
well he said "pokey"

'real' poke supports don't really exist anymore imo

zyra is closer to annie than sona or lulu, it's a kill lane.

maybe velkoz or karma but they're weird. i haven't seen a lulu do well in ages. sona i'd also say is a sustain support if we're getting "technical"

nami's the best

pick nami
I don't really agree. You don't play Zyra for the same imitation burst that you do as Annie, it's her long term poke that pays off. Zyra's ultimate is a better tool for locking down team fights that have begun or disengaging. Stuff like Zilean, Zyra, Vel'koz, or Lulu are what I would identify as poke supports.

zkylon

zkylewd
Fiddlesticks is basically an assassin, but he has much more CC. Where are his nerfs?

#NerfFreelosticks

he'll get nerfed for sure

rito should prolly do something about the many high winrate champions but they're almost all such rough champions that it's prolly hard to correctly balance them

I don't really agree. You don't play Zyra for the same imitation burst that you do as Annie, it's her long term poke that pays off. Zyra's ultimate is a better tool for locking down team fights that have begun or disengaging. Stuff like Zilean, Zyra, Vel'koz, or Lulu are what I would identify as poke supports.
ah forgot about zilean, he'd def qualify

yea maybe i'm wrong, some poke supports are still alive, tho i think they're pretty weird. i'm surprised to see velkoz has such a high winrate, but winrates are weird

Fracas

#fuckonami
I have no idea how to play fiddle right but a good one completely takes over the game. I never know where to drop wards.

nbraun80

I know right!
Man against Nasus, I feel more confident against him if I'm using Fiora or Quinn, any other champ I'd just poke him when he got close or at my turret.

I just like using him against nasus because he has no way to get to you. I usually start flask and maybe some mana pots and spam q on him while you cs, if he put his slow on you, eat an orange to cleanse it and walk away spamming laugh. Ha

Do you guys have a new build for the changes they made to Soraka? as a newbie she is the champion I have more fun with.
Spellthief or Coin start as support.

Build into SS, boots of mobility and tier 2 gold item as your first buys.

If the other team has a lot of stuns, get a mikaels.

If their team has a lot of magic damage, get a Locket

If their team has a lot of AD, get either frozen heart (recommended since hp doesn't really benefit soraka that much) or randuins omen.

Whenever possible, upgrade your gold item. The tier 3s all have pretty powerful active effects and can help your team out a lot, especially talisman.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
NEKO SENPAI

I HAVE DEFEATED THE WIRELESS DEVILS.

ALL HAIL THE HARDLINE ERA

afu48SW.jpg

Leezard

I bought a single mystery gift since I had 560 RP. I got sakura karma. I think that was a good outcome. I haven't seen it in game yet, but it is supposed to be good, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom