• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Plat's just gold from last season. Plat at the beginning of last season was something like top 4% and now it's what, top 10?
Same thing with gold too. Gold V used to be top 10 at the beginning of last season and now it's the top 25%?
Your numbers are pretty off. Plat is still top 7%. For any league there is a huge jump between division five and division four though. Plat IV and up is still top 4%.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I've been playing again high silvers, golds and plats in team builder and doing pretty well (I'm silver V) lately. Feels so weird because there's no way I'm that good. Even weirder because I'm mostly playing Kha'zix (never played him til this week and I don't even jungle a lot).

zkylon

zkylewd
I wish I was better at this game. I feel like I've already hit a plateau at silver. It's depressing to put so many hours of your life into a game and still be terrible.
what do you think is making you terrible?

like i think ppl is more than anything really bad at decisionmaking rather than mechanics or whatever. like building the same every game, not knowing how to snowball an advantage, not being intelligently aggressive, or where to ward, matchups, how to create picks, etc.

those things aren't really that hard to learn at a solo queue level, it's just that most ppl are way too obsessed with that random afk than actually learning the 3 or 4 dumb things they need to know to get to climb

Korten

Banned
s2eb.png

Jesus this match was a blood bath. I felt like by the 20 minute mark it became Team Death Match. Not sure we went a minute without fighting. Pantheon got a penta kill in the match.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Well are you ;D

also I lost 5 games in a row at 0 lp. Don't know how the system didn't demote me.

nah, elo decay over like 8 months dropped me to low silver 3 but the mmr doesnt decay (or at least decays very slowly)

Tizoc

I've decided I would build Feral Flare only WW, Trundle or Twitch jungle.
I prefer Elder Lizard on Xin, so SoEL+Youmuu+Tanky with maybe Hydra as a final item has me set.

Bacon

what do you think is making you terrible?

like i think ppl is more than anything really bad at decisionmaking rather than mechanics or whatever. like building the same every game, not knowing how to snowball an advantage, not being intelligently aggressive, or where to ward, matchups, how to create picks, etc.

those things aren't really that hard to learn at a solo queue level, it's just that most ppl are way too obsessed with that random afk than actually learning the 3 or 4 dumb things they need to know to get to climb

I'm not really sure what the problem is. I went from bronze 4 to silver 5 a couple months ago and I was legit carrying. Immediately once I hit silver I haven't been able to do so anymore. I think you're right though it probably has more to do with overall game knowledge then micro mechanics.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I'm not really sure what the problem is. I went from bronze 4 to silver 5 a couple months ago and I was legit carrying. Immediately once I hit silver I haven't been able to do so anymore. I think you're right though it probably has more to do with overall game knowledge then micro mechanics.
I feel like its that anything can go wrong while playing League. From server lags to random crashes to feeding team mates, its like a gamble. I played with a friend last night who was beast as tanky nasus, building stacks for q instead of relying items for ad first. It was an overkill and the enemy surrendered at 26. The next game after that, it took ten minutes for him to connect and bot was just feeding lucian the entire time. I was jungle and actually had the most kills, shutting down their lucian and mundo, but it wasn't enough. We surrendered at 20. Ranked is some high risk, high reward play.

I have no idea how turtle does it...

zkylon

zkylewd
well i dunno what you play if you want to up your knowledge thing i'd say you try and play simple champions and focus on that. like ryze or nunu or ziggs or caitlyn or janna or something. stay the fuck away from lee sin, vayne, thresh, zed, all those guys.

like if you're silver 5 you prolly are pretty lacking (sorry) in both mechanics and game knowledge but if you only play simple champions you can focus on your game knowledge and use that to climb. try to find ones that are not super duper boring. i know it's not too exciting but u know just play zed in normals or whatever.

i also found it helpful to keep like a notepad with like dumb stuff like "zoning the other mid is good enough, you don't have to always go for the kill". shit like that. i don't even read it too often but like writing it down helps it stick or something

one step at a time i guess

I feel like its that anything can go wrong while playing League. From server lags to random crashes to feeding team mates, its like a gamble. I played with a friend last night who was beast as tanky nasus, building stacks for q instead of relying items for ad first. It was an overkill and the enemy surrendered at 26. The next game after that, it took ten minutes for him to connect and bot was just feeding lucian the entire time. I was jungle and actually had the most kills, shutting down their lucian and mundo, but it wasn't enough. We surrendered at 20. Ranked is some high risk, high reward play.

I have no idea how turtle does it...
cos he doesn't rely on luck, he's so good that he can singlehandedly decide all his shitty low elo games

"normal" humans like noot tho play a shit ton of games until "that random afk" or "that support rammus" stop mattering

it's not high risk high reward, you just play enough games until luck is no longer a factor and if you're good you rise and if you're not you fall

i mean if there's something to prove that luck has nothing to do with it scarra actually lost 19 ranked games straight and he was still diamond.

just play enough games until the only factor that matters is you and then analyze your own play to see how you can do better

Janna curse continues. 2-8 with her now this season.

We actually didn't do that badly even with all the Rammus ganks, Ashe as our ADC, and Trist-Nami being a bad matchup in bot. But Vlad starts flaming and it just goes downhill from there.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Regarding Swain, how can he handle champs like Syndra or Xerath early on?
Their range is their greatest strength. I dodge their skillshots and try to hit them with a w and e. Call the jungler after 6 or so and I try to go all in. Syndra usually has the upperhand against him in most fights. Her stun really good at knocking you back so your ult cant reach her.
i have never played against a xerath since hes unpopular.

Sofo

I've been playing again high silvers, golds and plats in team builder and doing pretty well (I'm silver V) lately. Feels so weird because there's no way I'm that good. Even weirder because I'm mostly playing Kha'zix (never played him til this week and I don't even jungle a lot).

If your lanes were somewhat doing well and already had an advantage, as a jungle you get a false sense of having done well when technically there's a lot more you could have done. At least has happened to me, won I think 3 games out of the 4 I've ever played with Evelynn and tbh, yeah I did gank, but all or 2/3 lanes were winning already. I feel Kha'zix might suffer the same as Evelynn that if all 3 lanes lose, well, you don't get to get to the fun part of playing them, as you might get wards in your jungle/lose control of it.

I tried Kha this week as well, and I insisted on ganking bot lane (who didn't follow up) when I should have shut down top lane. Eventually all lanes lost and it was just terrible! Just bad decision-making on my part.

6300 again. Tell me who to buy. I've been playing a lot of top and adc lately.

4cR5FG4.png

Syndra hype train here! Incredibly fun to play, I suck at her, but if you're good, you can be a beast.

Tizoc

My last game the other night was as Jungle Xin where I fed the opposition early on, but my other team mates wrecked the opposition and I managed to get a few kills in starting from mid game and we got a quick win with like 40+ kills and the opposition having around 20.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Damnit, why do I always put off checking my transaction history and seeing how much I spent on League?
Maybe I'm subconsciously ashamed of it

Edwardo

Ok cool.

Damn. Playing an adc without an escape makes me appreciate those with them.

Actually, it makes me appreciate good teammates who can peel and not tunnel.

pigeon

Banned
Regarding Swain, how can he handle champs like Syndra or Xerath early on?

He needs to rely on his built-in sustain and the Catalyst he's rushing, since he can't outpoke anybody. Swain's W has 900 range, so you can throw that out to zone enemies and walk in to cast your spells if they get caught.

Otherwise it's a lot of walking towards enemies when they use their spells and/or they're autoattacking to try to get in range for E and Q.

Ferrio

Banned
High as shit + bottle of wine. Go into aram. "Wait...why does aram have a draft mode?" "Why are people calling roles?" "Oh fuck I hit ranked...shit shit shit." "Oh fuck I'm banning...uhh fuckkk" "I'll pick rammus." 20 minutes later +25LP.... whew thank god.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom