• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That feeling of dread when you're playing Vayne, when you know if you back you're gonna lose tower, but you're too low to fight.
But then your ult comes back from CD, you pin down the enemy carry to your tribrush wall and get a double kill 1v2 because your support backed! And then the enemy jungler goes bot, feeds you double buffs and then rage quits saying bot lane is trash in all chat!

dreams-vs-reality-orkkpg.gif

You used Condemn on a minion by mistake, got Blitz hooked and deleted, lost tower, dragon and now you'll be trying to finish that BoTRK for 20 minutes

drawkcaB

Still, it is remarkable that he has such a high winrate. I'd almost say lolking is bugged. His winrate is almost identical at all ranks in solo queue. I KNOW diamond players know how to counter him.

Nah, they don't. Before I start playing a new champion I always spectate some diamond games with that particular champion. Diamond is no better at countering him. There really isn't any champion in the game that dramatically changes in effectiveness at diamond. Everyone seems to forget that the people playing those "low Elo" champions are better too.

From my own experience I've mitigated Rammus' early game by adjusting my wards and placing them right at his jungle entrances. Wards in the river bushes - top, mid, or bottom - don't give enough warning time if Powerball is properly used. There isn't much subtlety to Rammus, if you see him at a jungle entrance, he's going ready to gank. His late game seems very dependent on what CC the opposing team has.

If there's some good out of this it's that Riot might finally be forced to stop blissfully ignoring Amumu, Fiddlesticks, and Rammus.

garath

It sucks that I've been out of the game for so long. I haven't had a chance to extend my jungler pool to the latest strong ones. I'm not a super strong Rammus, Amumu or Fiddlesticks but they are so good in solo queue right now. I can play them but I'm hardly proficient to the level I'd need to keep climbing.

I still have Kha'zix but he's often banned and even though he's still super popular, he feels a little weaker than he was. I liked the assassin Kha'zix. I dislike the poke machine.

At least Pantheon is still potent as well as mostly overlooked.

Leezard

I feel like his strength isn't even getting to the ADC, but having the ability to zone them out of a fight. If you're having your tank trying to body block Rammus, and then the ADC peeling back you've probably lost the fight. In competitive you can have the whole team disengage and peel back, but that's not happening in solo q.

I don't think his zoning ability is significantly greater than other tanks; you would need to deal with Shyvana and Mundo in similar ways.

My own experiences in team fighting differ from yours as well; if my team's tank is standing near the other team's tank, the adc with an advantage can kill the other team's tank first. That team often wins the fight. I think having the front lines facing each other is an excellent way to team fight unless you are much behind, in which case you might need for some people in the team to dive. I'm disregarding other divers such as assassins here as I think a complete team fight analysis is a bit too large in scope to discuss in a short post.

zkylon

zkylewd
Pool-Party-Lee-Sin.jpg

i mean you can totally tell that rito was trolling me by doing these splash arts and next year not having pool party line at all

now that's just mean

pigeon

Banned
Pool-Party-Lee-Sin.jpg

i mean you can totally tell that rito's trolling me by doing these splash arts and next year not having pool party line at all

that's just mean

They had a continuity problem because these splash arts obviously don't take place at a pool.

Retcon coming soon.

Ferrio

Banned
Why is orianna even at the beach? I can't imagine her working well if she go wet, and sand getting into her gears can't be good.

Also why does lee sin need sun glasses? Is he going out with Nidalee? If so.. you think she changes into cougar form in the bedroom when shit gets kinky?

drawkcaB

I don't know why Ori would want to go to the beach. She can't tan nor can she [likely] swim. They should make a pool party Nautilus where it's just his regular skin with a pair of shorts. 1850RP, legendary. I also noticed for the first time that's not a dolphin or whatever near Ez - it's Nami.

I've seen so many flashes burned by a rolling Rammus. His kit synergizes well too. You attack him and you take damage yet he is using AA at the same time. A full-duration ult does a lot of damage. If you CC him after his Taunt his target is still attacking him; it's not a channel you can interrupt.

Q8D3vil

Small thoughts:
-once Azir bugs get fixed he will be tier 1(maybe even god tier) in top lane.
-Mid Viktor is going to explode soon, Sick bursts and his w provide insane utility in tf's especially in narrow places (jungle).

Jeff-DSA

I have like 14,000 IP. Seems like I should get on the Rammus freelo train. My jungle pool is pretty lame. I actually have the best win rate with Fiora out of the jungle, but I play Fiddle and Skarner well too.

Type2

I can tell you silence and terrain are annoying for rammus. The only cc abilities being put in the game lately are knock ups which are kind of boring.

I think I'll try that jungle malphite from a few pages ago.

Newt

I can tell you silence and terrain are annoying for rammus. The only cc abilities being put in the game lately are knock ups which are kind of boring.

I think I'll try that jungle malphite from a few pages ago.
The Feral flare malphite???

Q8D3vil

He already had sick burst before the rework, but no one gave him a chance so no one knew.
nah, his unique item was holding him back because it doesnt give u good stats compared to other items. Now it give you tons of ap and mana when upgrade it and some lovely upgrades on top of that.
Plus his new Q is fucking bonkers.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Fiddle's a whole different conversation, but I don't think Rammus has no counterplay.

I think that in a solo queue environment, providing he can do basic jungle clears, people are very poor at dealing with Rammus' pretty unique ganks.

Rammus does very little damage, has a really bad clear and is pretty vulnerable in the early game.

It's just hard for solo queue players to deal with Rammus ganks.
Teams at worlds don't have an answer for Rammus either. It's not just a "solo queue environment" thing. He also has great clears if you aren't leveling up taunt, and his early game is less vulnerable than you make it out to be.
Dodging bandage toss is a perfectly valid form of counterplay.
Bandage toss to minions. Or just flash ult.

Type2

Teams at worlds don't have an answer for Rammus either. It's not just a "solo queue environment" thing. He also has great clears if you aren't leveling up taunt, and his early game is less vulnerable than you make it out to be.

Bandage toss to minions. Or just flash ult.
I honestly don't understand what people are saying when they mention a jungler having bad clears. Rammus has a perfectly fine clear with pots leftover. If you get a second point in w you should have no problem clearing even when giving buffs to your laners. I even take scaling runes on him and still have no issues.

drawkcaB

Generally they mean the champion clears slowly. But again as pointed out by dimb, that's not the case for Rammus. You can put down a few more points into Defensive Ball Curl before maxing Taunt with little impact on the potency of ganks.

There's tons of misconception out there regarding jungler clear speed and safety, likely due echo-chamber effects.

Korten

Banned
So what's everyone opinion on Garen with his new passive buff? D:

Any more viable for pros to play or still not good enough for the meta.

Please, SOMEONE play him in worlds!

Einbroch

Banned
Garen is better now, but he's just not good enough. He's too easy to kite and he doesn't have enough damage or CC to be a threat in team fights.

I still think he's a lot of fun and not awful, but his use is limited. He's like a Nasus that can't split push and does less damage.

Korten

Banned
Garen is better now, but he's just not good enough. He's too easy to kite and he doesn't have enough damage or CC to be a threat in team fights.

I still think he's a lot of fun and not awful, but his use is limited. He's like a Nasus that can't split push and does less damage.

I've know I've asked the whole thing about Garen, though I was curious since we got a buff that was. Well surprising. For a moment there I was convinced that his model update was the last update he was going to get.

Hm... I wonder if they made his skills scale even more with AD, that he could be even more useful. :D

Einbroch

Banned
Make his W remove all forms of CC and give him 10/20/30/40/50% tenacity for the duration and remove the snare removal from his Q (keep the move speed). Also up the base damage of his spin. Remove some AD scaling if you want, but up the base.

His W would be a "I'm a tank rararara" button.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I've know I've asked the whole thing about Garen, though I was curious since we got a buff that was. Well surprising. For a moment there I was convinced that his model update was the last update he was going to get.

Hm... I wonder if they made his skills scale even more with AD, that he could be even more useful. :D
Garen already has pretty healthy AD scaling. His base values are so bad though, which makes tanky Garen builds seem pretty useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom